Blalock may be only Falcons free agent offensive lineman to stay

most viewed right now
 136
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
113 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 90
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 68
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 60
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
101 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #41
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117
space
avatar space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3354 3354
Falcons FO knows what they're doing, each year they have gotten better so they have earned some good faith
 6 years ago '11        #42
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 Lil Jay 05 said:
The way Green Bay beat them made my day. Falcons may have been one of the luckiest teams that year. Highly Overrated.
so why have we had the 2nd best record the past 3 years behind the Patriots? I want to know who was overrating us, because ESPN forgot about our wins every week, NFL Network never gave us props, and every team we faced always said we were lucky. we've been one of the most consistent teams year in year out since we got Thomas Dimitroff, Matt Ryan, and Mike Smith, still get sh*tted on when we've had winning years in our REBUILDING phase, yet we're overrated? stop the hate man
 6 years ago '05        #43
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
avatar space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
 wjcorner said:
that's why it works out...Ryan is probably the best in the league in deciphering a blitz and getting it out quick...they can test his right side all they want, dude will murder them
Dont forget the OLINE is important in the running game as well, Turner's numbers may drop. The right side is usually the strong side for the running attack. Expect something to be out of whack whether its pass protection and rushing yards. You cant just plug guys in and expect the same or better production or they would have been the starters over the guys there are replacing in the first place........just sayin'
 6 years ago '05        #44
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$8,691 | Props total: 516 516
 wjcorner said:
so why have we had the 2nd best record the past 3 years behind the Patriots? I want to know who was overrating us, because ESPN forgot about our wins every week, NFL Network never gave us props, and every team we faced always said we were lucky. we've been one of the most consistent teams year in year out since we got Thomas Dimitroff, Matt Ryan, and Mike Smith, still get sh*tted on when we've had winning years in our REBUILDING phase, yet we're overrated? stop the hate man
You right who am I fooling. 48-21 win by wildcard team didn't prove yall were overrated. Yall were favored to beat GB by 3 points and they beat yall down on yalls own field. Everyone knew yall were not going to get lucky again and Beat GB. yall were lucky enough to be GB at home in the regular season because they beat themselves more than yall beat them.

Get out of here clown. 13-3 with that terrible defense.
 07-13-2011, 02:30 PM         #45
@RG3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rynell said:
Dont forget the OLINE is important in the running game as well, Turner's numbers may drop. The right side is usually the strong side for the running attack. Expect something to be out of whack whether its pass protection and rushing yards. You cant just plug guys in and expect the same or better production or they would have been the starters over the guys there are replacing in the first place........just sayin'
they dont get it.. having the year they had last year they won't believe they'll regress..
 6 years ago '05        #46
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
avatar space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
 Lowkey18 said:
they dont get it.. having the year they had last year they won't believe they'll regress..
Its not easy to duplicate success in the NFL you cant expect to do the same things that were successful the year before even with the same starters intact, for damn sure not with two replacements on entire the right side of the OLINE. The Saints finished 6th in rushing in 2009 and finished towards the bottom last year with the same five.


Last edited by Saintaholic; 07-13-2011 at 02:38 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #47
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 rynell said:
Dont forget the OLINE is important in the running game as well, Turner's numbers may drop. The right side is usually the strong side for the running attack. Expect something to be out of whack whether its pass protection and rushing yards. You cant just plug guys in and expect the same or better production or they would have been the starters over the guys there are replacing in the first place........just sayin'
we develop players all the time off the bench...that's how our FO works, we try not to just throw rookies/young players into the fire, and rather have them learn behind someone and explode when they're called upon(DeCoud, William Moore, Brent Grimes). I have NO problem believing they wanted to keep that line intact for as long as possible, and develop our young guys by working them in the rotation(which they did), give them some chances to start(which they did), and let them earn a chemistry in practices, TC, preseason, among other areas(which they did). I can see rushing yards POSSIBLY coming down, but Turner is another guy who's used to seeing people in the backfield...people overrated our line. any fan of a team with a good d-line will attest to that. Ryan got most his sacks on 4-man pressures, not blitzes...Ryan was one of the most pressured QB last year...and Turner would f!ght through the line consistently. also, the guys we got were maulers in their respective schools, and a lot of writers were expecting them to start over Dahl and Clabo because of what they showed in camp. I'm trying to tell ya, lol, our o-line ain't have nowhere to go but up if we lose them two.
 6 years ago '11        #48
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 Lowkey18 said:
they dont get it.. having the year they had last year they won't believe they'll regress..
 rynell said:
Its not easy to duplicate success in the NFL you cant expect to do the same things that were successful the year before even with the same starters intact, for damn sure not with two replacements on entire the right side of the OLINE.
what ya don't understand is, we've been brewing this up in ATL for 3 years now...any Falcon fan will tell you, we've known we had something special since 08...in 09, we were a few plays away from making the playoffs again, that's why it's funny hearing people say, "well last year they were only a couple plays away from missing the playoffs"...that's how the NFL is.

listen, we have the 2nd best record behind the Patriots since 08, during our rebuilding phase...the coaching staff and TD have ALWAYS said it's a process, and we're still rebuilding. when we win, when we lose, when we blow out someone or get blown out, it's always been a process. the Julio Jones move lets me know they think we're ready to take that next step, and it's crazy for ya to think that our FO would just let two guys walk(UNDRAFTED FREE AGENTS WHO WERE JOURNEYMEN btw lol) without having someone primed to step up in their place. I can understand putting in your 2 cents, but as far as this, ya don't know what you're talking about lol.
 6 years ago '11        #49
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 Lil Jay 05 said:
You right who am I fooling. 48-21 win by wildcard team didn't prove yall were overrated. Yall were favored to beat GB by 3 points and they beat yall down on yalls own field. Everyone knew yall were not going to get lucky again and Beat GB. yall were lucky enough to be GB at home in the regular season because they beat themselves more than yall beat them.

Get out of here clown. 13-3 with that terrible defense.
lol we were top 5 in scoring defense, what are you talking about? we had a top rushing defense, and we were up there in turnovers. our defense has some holes, but it's not terrible. and we were beat by the SB champs, how does that prove we're overrated? what are the St. Louis Rams if we were so terrible dude
 6 years ago '09        #50
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
 Lil Jay 05 said:
The way Green Bay beat them made my day. Falcons may have been one of the luckiest teams that year. Highly Overrated.
shut up you stupid f*ggot
 6 years ago '09        #51
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
 Lowkey18 said:
they dont get it.. having the year they had last year they won't believe they'll regress..
Dahl and Clabo weren't sh*t before they got here. Why don't you get that?
 6 years ago '11        #52
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 MrIndieArtist said:
agreeed and there playbook belongs on a highschool field. falcons are bland as fu*k even though they have the star power. gb showed that
lol...i won't argue that. never liked Mularkey, I was hoping the Titans or Browns would've taken him off our hands.
 6 years ago '05        #53
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
avatar space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
 wjcorner said:
what ya don't understand is, we've been brewing this up in ATL for 3 years now...any Falcon fan will tell you, we've known we had something special since 08...in 09, we were a few plays away from making the playoffs again, that's why it's funny hearing people say, "well last year they were only a couple plays away from missing the playoffs"...that's how the NFL is.

listen, we have the 2nd best record behind the Patriots since 08, during our rebuilding phase...the coaching staff and TD have ALWAYS said it's a process, and we're still rebuilding. when we win, when we lose, when we blow out someone or get blown out, it's always been a process. the Julio Jones move lets me know they think we're ready to take that next step, and it's crazy for ya to think that our FO would just let two guys walk(UNDRAFTED FREE AGENTS WHO WERE JOURNEYMEN btw lol) without having someone primed to step up in their place. I can understand putting in your 2 cents, but as far as this, ya don't know what you're talking about lol.

All Im saying is dont expect the same or better production, its crazy to think inexperienced guys can just come in and outperform guys with experience. Journeyman or not those guys were good enough to be starters and if the guys that are replacing them were better they would have beaten them out for the starting job. They'll probably be serviceable at best, similar to Jermon Bushrod taking over for Jamaal Brown at LT when got injured here.
 6 years ago '09        #54
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
 rynell said:
All Im saying is dont expect the same or better production, its crazy to think inexperienced guys can just come in and outperform guys with experience. Journeyman or not those guys were good enough to be starters and if the guys that are replacing them were better they would have beaten them out for the starting job. They'll probably be serviceable at best, similar to Jermon Bushrod taking over for Jamaal Brown at LT when got injured here.
No it is not crazy. It's called having a good program, which is exactly what our FO has built

@ your reasoning. So you take 2 linemen who aren't sh*t and turn them into ballers but we can't draft other linemen with talent and build them up to replace the guys who leave? GTFOH
 6 years ago '11        #55
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 rynell said:
All Im saying is dont expect the same or better production, its crazy to think inexperienced guys can just come in and outperform guys with experience. Journeyman or not those guys were good enough to be starters and if the guys that are replacing them were better they would have beaten them out for the starting job. They'll probably be serviceable at best, similar to Jermon Bushrod taking over for Jamaal Brown at LT when got injured here.
so why did we not see a drop off when they came in for them during the 2010 season? like I said, our FO won't stop something good in the middle of the year, and they like to let rookies/young players learn on the bench. those are two things they have been consistent with since they've gotten here. Jamal Anderson/Chauncey Davis started over Kroy Biermann while Biermann was beasting on n*ggas in his limited snaps. Eric Coleman started over William Moore until he got injured and William Moore proved his worth. Chris Houston, Brian Williams, and Domonique Foxworth all started over Brent Grimes. I'm saying, I bet money we give up less or the same amount of sacks as last year(I think it was like 24). those guys were good enough to get coached up by Paul Boudreau, not so much worthy of a starting position anywhere
 6 years ago '11        #56
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 MrIndieArtist said:
i expect the exact same production out of atlanta. There a solid team. With great personalities in the locker room. the addition of julio jones was a ballsy move but one that could pay huge. i just dont know if there going to be able to open that playbook enough to be the powerhouse offense they are on paper. retaining snelling should be a priority
that's who I'm scared to lose more than anybody other than Blalock and Grimes...Snelling put in work when Turner was hurt plenty of times, and he helps us pound a team for 4 straight quarters. was a big help in our passing offense too...he'll be missed if we lose him
 6 years ago '11        #57
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
the Colts had injuries up and down their line, and still gave up 16 sacks lol
 6 years ago '09        #58
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
 wjcorner said:
that's who I'm scared to lose more than anybody other than Blalock and Grimes...Snelling put in work when Turner was hurt plenty of times, and he helps us pound a team for 4 straight quarters. was a big help in our passing offense too...he'll be missed if we lose him
We'll be the first team to get a shot at him and I think we'll get the deal done.. we know how good he is
 6 years ago '09        #59
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
 MrIndieArtist said:
not if my fins dont pair him up wit daniel thomas for years to come !!!
the day


and appreciate you guys taking Parcells.. completely turned our franchise around
 6 years ago '05        #60
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
avatar space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
 MrIndieArtist said:
i expect the exact same production out of atlanta. There a solid team. With great personalities in the locker room. the addition of julio jones was a ballsy move but one that could pay huge. i just dont know if there going to be able to open that playbook enough to be the powerhouse offense they are on paper. retaining snelling should be a priority
So you expect 13-3 again with a tougher schedule?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 26
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 20
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
83 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
85 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 7
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy