most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-12-2011, 05:15 PM         #1
5842 pageviews
201 comments

@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Blalock may be only Falcons free agent offensive lineman to stay

[pic - click to view]

http://profootballtalk.nb .. neman-to-stay/

Way back in February, we said the Falcons would only be able to keep two of their three starting free agent offensive linemen at best. It appears they are ready for two of three to leave.

Jason La Canfora writes via sources that the Falcons “figure” guard Harvey Dahl and tackle Tyson Clabo will get big deals elsewhere, and are “prepared for contingencies” for both leaving.

Translation: They don’t expect to keep them.

Left guard Justin Blalock wasn’t mentioned and will presumably be retained if at all possible. The Falcons have drafted heavily on the offensive line the last two years to prepare for this day, and apparently trust their system and young players enough to let Clabo and Dahl walk.

201 comments for "Blalock may be only Falcons free agent offensive lineman to stay"

07-12-2011, 05:16 PM         #2
@RG3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that oline might be in trouble.. matt ryan beware..
 6 years ago '04        #3
Kadroan 102 heat pts102
space
space
$33,444 | Props total: 6389 6389
they'll be okay, Dirmtroff is a good GM.
 6 years ago '09        #4
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
 Lowkey18 said:
that oline might be in trouble.. matt ryan beware..
nah our FO has prepared for this.. trust we wouldn't let them leave if we needed them

remember our GM is the same dude who built the patriots back when they were winning championships
 6 years ago '05        #5
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
 CutKidd21 said:
nah our FO has prepared for this.. trust we wouldn't let them leave if we needed them

remember our GM is the same dude who built the patriots back when they were winning championships
The OLINE is the riskiest position to lose starters that protect your franchise QB.
 07-12-2011, 07:14 PM         #6
@RG3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rynell said:
The OLINE is the riskiest position to lose starters that protect your franchise QB.
^^^^^^^^^ this

In most systems you can't just throw in random guys and keep on moving.. idk if you guys (falcons) run a ZBS or not (which i doubt since you have MT) but it takes continuity to be good..
 6 years ago '07        #7
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,551 | Props total: 1164 1164
Could be bad but our FO has been top notch these past 3 seasons.

I wonder why them n*ggas wanna dip tho dont they see this team we building....fu*k EM
 6 years ago '05        #8
space
space
 Lowkey18 said:
^^^^^^^^^ this

In most systems you can't just throw in random guys and keep on moving.. idk if you guys (falcons) run a ZBS or not (which i doubt since you have MT) but it takes continuity to be good..
I believe they are a ZBS which shouldnt hurt the running game too much but maybe the pass protection. The Saints' OLINE doesn't get alot of credit they are part of the reason for the success of the team, added with Brees' decision making and ability to get rid of the ball. The biggest thing you lose in continuity like you said which is huge for 5 guys to be on the same page every single snap.
 6 years ago '05        #9
space
space
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:

I wonder why them n*ggas wanna dip tho dont they see this team we building....fu*k EM
Im sure these guys at least want to test the market to see whats out there, its not usual for FAs to sign back with their team if another team doesn't overpay for their services.
 6 years ago '09        #10
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
 rynell said:
I'm telling you were good.. I from time to time hang out with the OT who is next in line.. his name is Garrett Reynolds and he's a fu*king monster like 6'8 300+ pounds but he's not fat.. was at all of the "OTAs" we had and has been in our system for 2 years now.. the same system that got Dahl and Clabo those big contracts there about to get

I have complete confidence in my FO and as a Falcons fan that is weird as sh*t to say
 6 years ago '09        #11
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
 Lowkey18 said:
^^^^^^^^^ this

No we don't.. we used to with Warrick Dunn tho
 6 years ago '05        #12
FalconBuddha 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,615 | Props total: 1687 1687
 CutKidd21 said:
Umm, he was a scout, he didnt build anything

Thats like saying our GM, AJ Smith build the Bills Super bowl teams
 6 years ago '11        #13
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,802 | Props total: 2667 2667
these n*ggas...Harvey Dahl and Tyson Clabo were both journeymen undrafted free agents until our line coach built them up...taught them how to play dirty, because they lacked in technique. players hated playing the Falcons because those two would play up until the whistle, and a little past it lol. Blalock keeps our leftside intact(with Sam Baker returning) and we've drafted offensive guards and tackles that can take Dahl's and Clabo's spot...they started a few games last year, if I recall correctly. our FO was preparing, and has already prepared for that, no worries here as long as we keep Blalock and go after d-line and nickel back in free agency.
 6 years ago '11        #14
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 FalconBuddha said:

do you know what a scout is?
 6 years ago '09        #15
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
 FalconBuddha said:

If you don't think the head scout has a major input on who gets drafted and picked up you should just exit left
 07-12-2011, 08:07 PM         #16
@RG3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rynell said:
I believe they are a ZBS which shouldnt hurt the running game too much but maybe the pass protection. The Saints' OLINE doesn't get alot of credit they are part of the reason for the success of the team, added with Brees' decision making and ability to get rid of the ball. The biggest thing you lose in continuity like you said which is huge for 5 guys to be on the same page every single snap.
im pretty sure their not ZBS which if they were it would hurt both the run game and the passing game.. the biggest trait of ZBS is continuity more so than what you would need in just a power scheme.. Saints oline is pure power if im not mistaken.. should've thrown in some zbs to cater to reggie bush imo.. you do have the best guards in the NFL..
 6 years ago '11        #17
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 rynell said:
we don't run the zone no more, we left that with Greg Knapp's sorry a.ss and we've groomed guys into this system since 09, continuity won't be a problem
 6 years ago '11        #18
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:

they are about to be paid...like I said before, these guys were getting damn near league minimum because they were journeymen undrafted free agents...Paul Boudreau, our o-line coach, made them look LIGHTYEARS better than they are lol
 07-12-2011, 08:12 PM         #19
@RG3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wjcorner said:
we don't run the zone no more, we left that with Greg Knapp's sorry a.ss and we've groomed guys into this system since 09, continuity won't be a problem
playing back up and practicing together doesn't give you the same continuity that you would get from playing on the field together game after game..
 07-12-2011, 08:14 PM         #20
@RG3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:

most offensive linemen don't really care about winning imo... they care about getting the money while they can they're one of the lowest paid positions in the NFL (outside of LT)...not to mention high rate of injury.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
240 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
77 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy