Google+ to hit 10,000,000 users today, could double by next week :smug:

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
13 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

How do you feel about google+
I use google+ and I like it 61 64.89%
I use google+ and i dont like it 6 6.38%
I have tried it yet 27 28.72%
Voters: 94. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 years ago '04        #61
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
space
$9,569 | Props total: 2714 2714
SUMMARY: The guy who runs ancestry.com is the one coming up with numbers, so i'd say he's a credible source, however, google hasn't officially released the numbers yet.

If the Google+ invites keep flowing, the search giant's social-networking site could reach 10 million users by day's end and 20 million by the end of the weekend, according to Tuesday analysis.

In an attempt to get a rough estimate of Google+ users, Ancestry.com founder Paul Allen (not to be confused with the Microsoft co-founder) has been comparing US Census Data with last names of certain Google+ members. Early estimates released over the weekend put Google+ at about 4.5 million users, but that has since exploded, Allen said.

"My surname-based analysis shows that the number of Google+ users worldwide reached 7.3 million yesterday (July 10)—up from 1.7 million users on July 4th," Allen wrote in a Google+ post. "That is a 350% increase in six days. The userbase is growing so quickly that it is challenging for me to keep up, since the number of users of any given surname (even the rare ones I am tracking) seems to be climbing every day."

More impressive, he said, is that it appears approximately 2.2 million people have joined Google+ in the last 32 to 34 hours, for a total of about 9.5 million people on Monday, Allen speculated.

As a result, he expects user numbers to grow to 10 million today and 20 million by the weekend, provided invites remain open. "As one G+ user put it, it is easy to underestimate the power of exponential growth," Allen wrote.

How exactly is Allen getting these numbers? He said he looked at US Census Bureau data about the popularly of last names in the U.S. and the compared it with the number of Google+ users who had the same last names.

"By using a sample of 100-200 surnames, I am able to accurately estimate the total percentage of the U.S. population that has signed up for Google+," he wrote. "Then I use that number and a calculated ratio of U.S. to non-U.S. users to generate my worldwide estimates."

Currently, his ratio is 1 U.S. user for every 2.12 non-U.S. Google+ user, a ratio that has not been updated since July 4. "That is definitely a weakness in my model that I hope to address soon. The ratio will likely change over time," Allen said.

He acknowledged that this is not a perfect method, but said it was sound. "If I had resources to include 500 or 1,000 surnames in my sample, then I believe my model would be more accurate. But my time and budget available for this project are small, so it is what it is," he wrote.

Google, meanwhile, is staying mum. "We don't have any comment on the number of people in the Google+ Field Trial," a Google spokeswoman said yesterday. When it re-opened Google+ invites recently, the company said it wanted to double the number of people in its "field trial," but declined to say exactly how many people that entailed.

Facebook, meanwhile, recently confirmed that it now has 750 million users, but CEO Mark Zuckerberg said the company didn't publicize the milestone because user numbers are not as important as they once were.

For more, see PCMag's full hands-on with Google+, the slideshow below, as well as 6 Things Google+ Can Do That Facebook Can't and Social Networking Showdown: 8 Facebook Features Google+ Doesn't Have (Yet). On privacy, see Google+ Privacy: Has Google Learned Its Lesson?
 07-14-2011, 08:04 AM         #62
weezaye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

invite please
 07-14-2011, 11:55 AM         #63
JimboENT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

hook me up please
 6 years ago '04        #64
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,654 | Props total: 5336 5336
- hook a brotha up
 6 years ago '04        #65
BLAZE04 
space
space
$586 | Props total: 0 0
 weezaye said:

invite please
invite sent
 6 years ago '04        #66
BLAZE04 
space
space
 Aesop730 said:
- hook a brotha up
invite sent
 6 years ago '04        #67
BLAZE04 
space
space
 JimboENT said:

hook me up please
invite sent
 6 years ago '04        #68
LExingtonluv 
space
space
$397 | Props total: 0 0
MUCH APPRECIATED :D
 6 years ago '04        #69
space
space
Go to the google+ invite thread if you need to be invited. I'm not sending anymore invites from here
 6 years ago '04        #70
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 Cap Peeler said:
If I only had money to invest, google shares are definitely looking good after this
I told n*ggas

Google smashes Street expectations, shares surge
Reuters

o
o
retweet
o Email
o Print

Google+ social network membership tops 10 million AFP/Getty Images/File – Google chief Larry Page, pictured in 2007, said Thursday that the Internet giant's freshly launched …

* Google Slideshow:Google

Related Quotes Symbol Price Change
^DJI 12,437.12 -54.49
^GSPC 1,308.87 -8.85
^IXIC 2,762.67 -34.25
AdChoices
By Alexei Oreskovic Alexei Oreskovic – 43 mins ago

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) – Google Inc's 36 percent revenue surge smashed Wall Street's expectations and eclipsed concerns about mounting expenses, sending the Internet giant's shares up more than 12 percent.

Google's profit also topped forecasts in a quarter that showed the company is powering ahead in areas outside of its dominant Internet search business, including mobile and online video. The next challenge is whether it can duplicate that success in social networking.

Executives told analysts on a conference call the company had signed up more than 10 million people for Google+: the company's biggest foray into the hot social networking arena and the vanguard of its battle with Facebook and Twitter for websurfers' time and attention.

Over 135 million Android smartphones or tablets -- made by the likes of Motorola and Samsung Electronics -- had been activated in total. And its Chrome browser is now employed by more than 160 million users, CEO Larry Page said.

Shares of Google were up 12.3 percent at $594.50 in after-market trading, or just a whisker above levels at which the stock began 2011.

"Google should be viewed as a growth company again this quarter," said Stifel Nicolaus analyst Jordan Rohan. "The combination of mobile search, Android, ad exchange, YouTube, and the core search businesses, they're all doing well. Google is no longer a one trick pony."

"The number to focus on is really the GAAP earnings number. Google spent aggressively, hiring just as many people this quarter as they did last quarter."

Investors had feared Google's ever-increasing spending would eat into margins. Operating expenses leapt 49 percent to $2.97 billion in the second quarter, to about a third of revenue.

Analysts said the big increase in sales more than compensated for the rise in costs, but Google might find it increasingly difficult to shore up margins while it continues to hire, acquire and invest.

"Revenue growth overrides the hiring and the expense issues," BGC Partners analyst Colin Gillis said in response to the share price jump.

"Nice quarter from the guys, but you still have a situation of declining margins," he added.
 6 years ago '06        #71
ckalokoh 
space
space
space
$70 | Props total: 0 0
invite me.
 6 years ago '04        #72
space
space
Im not trying to be mean but there is a thread specifically for invites.

6 years ago '07        #73
Mr. Moses 
space
space
$4,418 | Props total: 6 6

Hook up plz
 6 years ago '07        #74
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
T/S has repeated 50 times this isn't an invite thread, and y'all just keep on asking.

Common decency is just non-existent these days.
 07-15-2011, 08:23 AM         #75
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can't you do this with facebook? Facebook with groups and list.
 6 years ago '04        #76
space
space
 freakbucket said:
can't you do this with facebook? Facebook with groups and list.
it has features that facebook doesnt. status updates and sharing that only specific circles can see. chat rooms with specific circles. it has its advantages, but it still has a ways to go
 07-17-2011, 06:04 PM         #77
DOOMage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
293 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago