Bachelors of Criminal Justice?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #21
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
^^^ shiiiiiiiit. Maybe first year in a good a.ss job with years of good exp. After a year or two with a department yOu make a good living. They make you wait a year or two because of turnover.
 6 years ago '04        #22
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 StatisticZ said:
I have no degree or college got a security job that's gonna pay out to about 30k a year. No plans of getting a degree for now. I obtained a few security certifications through my job still got like 10 to go. I'm getting armed security and a few other things and just moving up. Yeah, it's a rent-a-cop thing but in DC metro area you're gonna make as much if not more as a metro cop if you have experience and get into armed security. I'm aiming for MTP now after I get all the sh*t I want..
I doubt you make more than a cop working private security with no law enforcement experience
 6 years ago '10        #23
The Pharaoh 4 heat pts
space
space
$747 | Props total: 0 0
Im working on my Bachelors too. The only way in is if you know someone bro. I moved from Miami to San Fran because i know Miami aint hiring at all. Only if you put yourself through the academy on your own which i am not able to afford. I know Miami pays like 35-40k a year starting. Out here in the Bay Area officers make 89-110k. BIG difference although cost of living is also high out here. Its worth if you pick something specific in law enforcement that not many are trying to get into. Me, i'm looking to do my 1 or 2 years of street cop then make my way over to the Crime Scene Unit. I want to be a Crime Scene Technician, photographing crime scenes and bodies, tagging evidence and collecting it. Its mostly report writing but i'll deal with that til i can get into either detective or something else withing the homicide department.
 6 years ago '10        #24
The Pharaoh 4 heat pts
space
space
$747 | Props total: 0 0
Oh and i moved to San Fran because i got fam out here who know Marshals and Federal officers who are helping me. So far im waiting on a Security job working at the federal building making $35 an hour.
 6 years ago '06        #25
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,749 | Props total: 62 62
 StatisticZ said:
I have no degree or college got a security job that's gonna pay out to about 30k a year. No plans of getting a degree for now. I obtained a few security certifications through my job still got like 10 to go. I'm getting armed security and a few other things and just moving up. Yeah, it's a rent-a-cop thing but in DC metro area you're gonna make as much if not more as a metro cop if you have experience and get into armed security. I'm aiming for MTP now after I get all the sh*t I want..
30k in dc is 22k in 757.. i make 45k in 757 :dancingcool:..
.. but it seems like you motivated so i aint throwin shade go head and try to become DC police they make like what 38-45k right?
 6 years ago '04        #26
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 1476 1476
yea, even police jobs are HARD to obtain.. you either have to know someone or luck into it... you go against a lot of dudes with miltary experience... the competiton is extremely heavy in this field... your best bet... is too volunteer working for a while and make some connections and get hired...
 6 years ago '07        #27
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 Sammyboi22 said:
Good luck to her especially if she didn't intern with the investigations team and didn't double major in forensics.
She did intern with the investigations team and they all like her a lot, so they said soon as she's ready, they're gonna put in a good word for her. As far as needing forensics, she's not actually gonna go for CSI, she just digs that sh*t. She's gonna just be a regular investigator which doesn't require forensics. It just requires a few years of experience on the force. You're a.ssumptions are foolish homie. If you wanted more info, should have just asked.
 6 years ago '06        #28
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
 egotistical said:
yea, even police jobs are HARD to obtain.. you either have to know someone or luck into it... you go against a lot of dudes with miltary experience... the competiton is extremely heavy in this field... your best bet... is too volunteer working for a while and make some connections and get hired...
thats crazy its a lot of police jobs here..
 07-18-2011, 11:47 PM         #29
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sammyboi22 said:
^^^ shiiiiiiiit. Maybe first year in a good a.ss job with years of good exp. After a year or two with a department yOu make a good living. They make you wait a year or two because of turnover.
My boss is trying to get me to get my SPO but I'm not trying to work two full time jobs to eat decent.. I walked away from Metropolitan police cuz they weren't trying to offer me sh*t really after their whole process and with no experience whereas this company offered me more than they were.

hockeythug said:
I doubt you make more than a cop working private security with no law enforcement experience
Private security technically has a deeper pocket in most cases than an entire police force.

introspekt757 said:
30k in dc is 22k in 757.. i make 45k in 757 :dancingcool:..
.. but it seems like you motivated so i aint throwin shade go head and try to become DC police they make like what 38-45k right?
Idk what you mean lol 757? Is that an area code in VA? I aint from here but reside in VA currently. I'm trying to get all my sh*t for VA because apparently VA pays much higher starting. I'm trying to get into Metro Transit Police eventually.. I spoke to a few guards from Jenkins that also worked for GSA who said MTP makes more money than all and that it actually isn't too difficult to get in because you go through a police academy to do it.

And yeah they must have offered me sh*t cuz I saw they're pulling in like 48k their first year right now, lol.

I just really don't wanna do standard police type sh*t. I feel like MTP is close but still in a sense like private security.
 07-18-2011, 11:51 PM         #30
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 egotistical said:
That's what people say about security too but realistically unless you got good refs it's still hard even if you did MP in the military cuz you spent 1000s of hrs training to shoot first and ask question later and have to be retrained to intervene/shoot if REALLY necessary..

Same sh*t for private security to armed. Some companies look at it too expensive to retrain you from observe and report to observer and intervene..

A lot of companies like picking up people that have no experience depending on their background so they'll get complacent and stay.

Really at any time once you have some training you have no problem finding a better company and leaving eventually.
 6 years ago '06        #31
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
 aman007 said:
come to canada theres always openings in our military and very good pay.
Canada is so laid back I've never even considered that they might have a military. Props.
 6 years ago '06        #32
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
 StatisticZ said:
Idk what you mean lol 757? Is that an area code in VA? I aint from here but reside in VA currently.
757 = Hampton Roads, 7 cities, Peninsula (Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Hampton, Portsmouth, Newport News)

You're doing good though w/o a degree i'd encourage you to see if you can get into a supervisory role and see how high you can climb.
 07-19-2011, 10:13 AM         #33
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 introspekt757 said:
757 = Hampton Roads, 7 cities, Peninsula (Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Hampton, Portsmouth, Newport News)

You're doing good though w/o a degree i'd encourage you to see if you can get into a supervisory role and see how high you can climb.
Ahh yeah. My girlfriends brother goes to Hampton and one of our friends from up here (Arlington way) stays in Bad newz.. I don't wanna supervise at my site, the supervisor only makes like 55 cents more an hr. The experience would be worth it but the added responsibility for that money isn't.

I might get my SPO out on my own. I got another friend in Richmond that has gotten it all on his own and is making like $19/hr down there right now doing armed.
 07-19-2011, 11:37 AM         #34
youngnthuggin26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
__________________________________________________ _________________________**

I got my Bachelors in C.J. and you gotta determine what field of work you wanna go in from the jump. True, jus having a C.J. Degree is not gonna be very appealing to many jobs, and just having that is not gonna get you a federal job. Internships is where its at.

I finished my degree in december and im now going in to get my Paralegal Certificate, and im working in one of the biggest litigation law firms in the mid west, (Not gonna mention the name cause im on their computer) lol but im a Office a.ssistant, and with my degree alone i can only see an Office Management position in my Future.

One thing about a C.J. degree your gonna have to hustle to make it. Even i was entering the Military and with that you will go in as an E-4 with a decent salary depending on your lifestyle and responsibitlies at the moment.

I always say.. College is easy.. the hard part is after graduation bro.
 6 years ago '07        #35
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 youngnthuggin26 said:
I always say.. College is easy.. the hard part is after graduation bro.
I feel you. Too many kids going to college blindly these days. They just want a degree, but don't know what the hell they're gonna do with it. I say it's better to take a year or two and figure out what you wanna do, then get a degree in it and go for it rather than just going to college and expecting to land somewhere safe in the end.
 6 years ago '07        #36
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,476 | Props total: 411 411
I'm majoring in CJ also dont really have to study at all, gonna try and intern at a police station in the highest paying county. i want to be a state trooper though

good luck to everyone
 6 years ago '06        #37
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,516 | Props total: 17943 17943
 Funeral James said:
I'm majoring in CJ also dont really have to study at all, gonna try and intern at a police station in the highest paying county. i want to be a state trooper though

good luck to everyone
Bergen county isnt even hiring right now from what ive heard
 6 years ago '07        #38
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,476 | Props total: 411 411
 Rique said:
Bergen county isnt even hiring right now from what ive heard
so i cant even intern there? if not ill try my luck in ess3x i work over there anyway and thats where one of the state police stations are
 6 years ago '06        #39
kmstokes 
space
space
$10,714 | Props total: 1783 1783
What you all think about parole officer, I'm going from a community college to a 4 year and this is what I was thinking about majoring in?

Well to edit this I mean majoring in Criminal Justice, but doing Parole Officer.

Last edited by kmstokes; 07-20-2011 at 02:31 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #40
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
 Funeral James said:
so i cant even intern there? if not ill try my luck in ess3x i work over there anyway and thats where one of the state police stations are
you guys do realize you dont have to look for an internship per se you can go to places asking if they take volunteers, and use those in the same way.. and don't volunteer full-time just do it like once or twice a week for a few hours but do it for like a year.. thats considered relevant work experience on a resume and they don't ask you on a resume how many hours you worked at a place just how long (months, years, etc).

Specifically for parole you don't have to look into that specific job to volunteer for that position. Go on your city, county websites and look under volunteering.. most cities have criminal justice a.ssociations or law and order societies that take volunteers/interns. Professionals within the field run these and use them to network this is actually better than volunteering if you can get the right person to cosign you.
 kmstokes said:
What you all think about parole officer, I'm going from a community college to a 4 year and this is what I was thinking about majoring in?

Well to edit this I mean majoring in Criminal Justice, but doing Parole Officer.
yeah CJ is good for parole, double major & get an internship though this well increase your odds of landing a job.. after you work state parole you can go fed in 3 years thats where the money's at..
 StatisticZ said:
Ahh yeah. My girlfriends brother goes to Hampton and one of our friends from up here (Arlington way) stays in Bad newz.. I don't wanna supervise at my site, the supervisor only makes like 55 cents more an hr. The experience would be worth it but the added responsibility for that money isn't.

I might get my SPO out on my own. I got another friend in Richmond that has gotten it all on his own and is making like $19/hr down there right now doing armed.
the reason i suggest going supervisor is because your earning potential is limited as an underling.. management looks great on resumes you can use that when you ready to leave to branch out don't limit yourself man..

Last edited by introspekt757; 07-20-2011 at 06:39 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
24 hours ago