Dame Dash Says Biggie Smoked 60 Blunts While Recording "Brooklyn's Finest"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
63 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
13 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-11-2011, 10:20 AM         #61
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
One of the dumbest lies I have heard in a while. Dame must not really smoke to say some sh*t like that. And if it's true (which it isn't) then Biggie actually LOSES respect in my eyes b/c that is just retarded.

If you've gotta smoke 60 blunts, give it up, it's time to move up to heroin.

edit: Just read where somebody said it took 2 months to make the song. Don't know if that was a joke or not, but if that's the case then that's different. But then what is the point of even mentioning 60 blunts over the course of 2 months

Last edited by 104; 07-11-2011 at 12:23 PM..
 07-11-2011, 10:24 AM         #62
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 36 Nine said:
One of the dumbest lies I have heard in a while. Dame must not really smoke to say some sh*t like that. And if it's true (which it isn't) then Biggie actually LOSES respect in my eyes b/c that is just retarded.
This is bullsh*t unless they recorded for days.
 07-11-2011, 10:27 AM         #63
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EDEEZY77 said:
This is bullsh*t unless they recorded for days.
Exactly... the kind of big, disgusting lie a little kid would tell to impress his friends. Dame is lookin like a dumbass right about now.
 6 years ago '06        #64
mrep3 39 heat pts39
space
space
$5,859 | Props total: 6060 6060
 King Allister said:

juelz could do it
And dude wonders why DEA runs up in his crib.........:lau ghing5:
 6 years ago '07        #65
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,451 | Props total: 16218 16218
dat was super brick weed..that isht must have been extra lo grade...the quality from mexico to new york decreased heavily on that brick lol
 6 years ago '04        #66
Rileyboy03 
space
space
$1,243 | Props total: 1 1
haters always sayin some dumb shyt. u mad cuz no one will remember u once u get shot in the face.
 6 years ago '04        #67
Rileyboy03 
space
space
$1,243 | Props total: 1 1
forget the speculation im talkin to all of yall who hate
 6 years ago '05        #68
ilikefattygirlz 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,261 | Props total: 0 0
Yea ok Dame.....
 6 years ago '04        #69
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,906 | Props total: 833 833
 Prince Cory said:
this n*gga 23mill in debt...hes the last person id trust when it came to numbers
Damn how the fukk did that n*gga fall that far???
 6 years ago '04        #70
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,121 | Props total: 229 229
 Prince Cory said:
this n*gga 23mill in debt...hes the last person id trust when it came to numbers
 6 years ago '10        #71
SickaMorStyle 402 heat pts402
space
space
$3,994 | Props total: 1 1
 GBREEZE said:
Ducktales.... Im sure he smoked a lot of weed, but 60 blunts? GTFOH

Side note: The hook on that song was one of the worst hooks ever. For jay and big I expected better.

the hook is that way cause nobody wanted to do it...so the dude that made the beat made his own and thats what stuck...and as for rolling and smoking 60 blunts i doubt that cause that track was recorded with minimal effort... biggie spit the lines and left same with jay...jay and biggie were never in the studio together while recording this too..
 6 years ago '07        #72
Big Fred 
space
space
$65 | Props total: 0 0
sounds like when fat joe said fif had like a hundred million thousand cops at the award show

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #73
RAZAH CUTS 5840 heat pts5840
space
space
$54,077 | Props total: 18893 18893
n*gga....I'm pretty sure 60 blunts in a row would k!ll a n*gga...he musta been passing them sh*ts around...
 6 years ago '05        #74
jwest600 
space
space
$977 | Props total: 11 11
 BackBlock_OG said:
Why is everybody a.ssuming Biggie smoked all the blunts to the head. You forgot he rolled w/ Junior Mafia, plus Jay's boys were probably there too. You motherfu*kaz need a lesson in common sense.

The funny part was B.I.G. didn't even lay his verse, he just smoked.

Oh yeah, B.I.G. wasn't smoking dirt you idiots. Nobody sells dirt in jars. He was smoking Branson. My uptown n*ggaz know what I'm talking about.
/thread this...

It is possible especially with as many cats that BIG rolled with... its not really practical or smart BUT it is definitely possible..., In my college days I personally with the help of just 2 other people twisted and blew about 30 L's from a zone of some Crippy (what FLA dudes called it then) for my man's Bday and it took us about 6 hrs... YES after a certain point u really cant get no more baked but we set out to do it and did it just because... can u imagine being in the studio with a gang of dudes, groupies, etc... 60 Ls is about 2-2 1/2 zones if you using dutch's... it can be done
 07-11-2011, 02:36 PM         #75
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOL @ 60 blunts, you can tell dame don't smoke... that's like saying a n*gga drunk 10 bottles in one session.
 07-11-2011, 02:39 PM         #76
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jwest600 said:
/thread this...

It is possible especially with as many cats that BIG rolled with... its not really practical or smart BUT it is definitely possible..., In my college days I personally with the help of just 2 other people twisted and blew about 30 L's from a zone of some Crippy (what FLA dudes called it then) for my man's Bday and it took us about 6 hrs... YES after a certain point u really cant get no more baked but we set out to do it and did it just because... can u imagine being in the studio with a gang of dudes, groupies, etc... 60 Ls is about 2-2 1/2 zones if you using dutch's... it can be done
30 L's from a zip tho?... those blunts must have been young as sh*t. Or did you mean joints.
 6 years ago '11        #77
miltowner 2 heat pts
space
space
$874 | Props total: 0 0
 mrep3 said:
And dude wonders why DEA runs up in his crib.........:lau ghing5:

he made that video to PROVE he wasn't distributing but instead blowing multiple ounces daily for personal use

6 years ago '05        #78
Chuck Hustle 
space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 0 0
 jasperfect said:
My boys still laugh at me when I break out the joint roller. Glad to see i'm not the only black man in the world using it.

I seen it in a few Curren$y videos also.
I use one as well, no shame in it
 6 years ago '09        #79
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,450 | Props total: 8557 8557
for those interested in the real story behind "brooklyn's finest", click the link.

clark kent breaks it down at 9:30

6 years ago '10        #80
SickaMorStyle 402 heat pts402
space
space
$3,994 | Props total: 1 1
 BrookLynnStiles said:
for those interested in the real story behind "brooklyn's finest", click the link.

clark kent breaks it down at 9:30

This is from XXL's the making of reasonable doubt

“Brooklyn’s Finest” (feat. Notorious B.I.G.)

Produced by Clark Kent

Irv Gotti: I did not want that record to happen. I was adamantly against it. I would call Jay every day like, “No, fu*k that! Don’t do this record.” I said, “What I’m scared of is you doin’ [a record] with Biggie and you comin’ off like his little man. And n*gga, we can’t be owning sh*t if you his little man. You never gon’ get that throne.” But this n*gga would call me and be like, “Nah, but Gotti, I’m tellin’ you, I’m gonna show ’em. I’m gon’ make people see that I’m that n*gga.”

Jay and Big had a lot of love, but at that particular time it was very competitive. Go ’head and listen to that record—“It’s time to separate the pros from the cons/The platinum from the bronze…” Real talk, Big’s goin’ at Jay in that record. “You ain’t harmin’ me/So pardon me…” Trust me. He’s goin’ at him real tough.

Lenny Santiago: I was doing promotion at the time, and we were at the video shoot for “Dead Presidents.” If you remember, Biggie was in the video. And it was during a break, Damon was being Damon, and everyone was around talking—Jay, Big, Lil’ Cease, D. Roc—and Damon approached Biggie, like, “What’s up with that record? You gonna do something with Jay?” And Big was like, “Whatever, n*gga. I’m waitin’ on y’all. Whatchu sayin’?” Dame was like, “I’m sayin’, though, we could do it right now.” At the time, Jay was comin’ up and Big was the sh*t. He had the biggest record out, Puff was doing his thing, and Bad Boy was on fire. So Dame was trying to put him to the test. And they kept going back and forth, and Big was like, “Man, listen, whatever, anytime, anywhere.” So Dame called Clark Kent like, “I got Big right here, he wants to do that record with Jay, whatever, whatever.” So that same night, they ended up recording the record. And Clark did the track, and it was a classic. It was just funny how it happened from being put on the spot.

Biggs: Biggie came to the video for “Dead Presidents,” and he was saying how much he liked Jay, the whole style. Dame was talking about it, and said, “Do a record tomorrow.” Him and Dame was drinking. They drank like five bottles of Cristal, shot for shot. Dame threw up outside. Dame had told Biggie to call the next day at five o’clock. I remember being in the office, and at five o’clock the phone rings. We went to the studio, and we spoke to him. We had a date, and they went in and recorded. It was funny, ’cause they came in with a pad, and Jay pushed the pad to Biggie. They’re both looking at the pad like, Go ahead, you take it. No, you take it. That’s when they found out that both of them didn’t write.
That day we went in, I think Jay laid down his whole part. Biggie lay down like a line or two, then he said he couldn’t finish, he had to go home and finish it. We had Biggie come and smoke 60 blunts. But he came back and laid down a little bit more, left again, and then he came back and finished it. We had fun the first [session]. Afterward, we all went to see Bernie Mac at Radio City Music Hall.

Dame Dash: We didn’t do all of “Brooklyn’s Finest” in D&D. We had to come back to it, ’cause that didn’t have a hook. Me and Clark Kent had to make up a hook. We had to hand it in like the next day. Me and Clark and Biggs was in the studio, then Biggs left, and we finally got it, me and Clark Kent. Clark was trying to get me on the hook. We took a rhyme from the song, “Jay-Z and Biggie Smalls, n*gga, sh*t your drawers…,” and he was trying to get me to say it. I was like, “I’m not gonna do it.” I got Clark to do it.

Clark Kent: I just freshly came off of tour with Big. We were doing Junior M.A.F.I.A.’s [debut album], and he heard the beat and went crazy. He was like, “I want the beat.” I was like, “Nah, it’s Jay’s beat.” He’s like, “You’re always giving this guy everything.” He wanted that beat real bad. I’m leaving the studio to go to D&D to track it for Jay, and Big’s like, “Yo, I want to be on that record.” So I was like, “Yo, just come with me.” So I went upstairs, and I left him downstairs. I was like, “Big wants to be on that record. Why don’t you put Big on that record? He heard the beat. He likes it.” Jay was like, “I don’t really know him like that.” And Dame was like, “I ain’t paying him, neither.” I was just like, Ah, okay. So then I’m like, “If I get him to do it for free would you do it?” He was like, “Yeah, we’ll try it.” So I run downstairs. I go get Big, bring him upstairs, and they met each other the right way, properly. And everybody was like, “Well, if you’re going to do it for whatever…” Jay changed the verses around right there, and was like, “This is where you go, right there. You ready?” Big was like, “I can’t do this right now!”

Two months later, Big came back with his verses. Days later, I was mixing it, and there was no hook. We were supposed to do the hook when we were mixing it. And Jay says, “All right, you got to scratch something.” I’m trying to find things to scratch and nothing’s working. So I’m telling Jay, “Yo, y’all gotta come up with a hook.” Jay and Big are there. We’re at Giant Studios. Big goes, “I’ll be back, I’m going to the store.” And then an hour goes by, and he doesn’t go back. Then Jay goes, “I’ll be back.” They leave me there and never come back. So it’s like three in the morning, I decided to write a hook, and I performed the hook. That’s my voice.

To me, that’s the best collabo I’ve ever heard. You would never think that Jay’s verses were done so far in advance. It feels like they did it together. Big and Jay were that talented, they could pick up on that line and go from that line.

I’d made the beat before for one of Damon’s groups. He had a group called the Future Sound, and I remixed the record with the same beat. And Damon said, “Yo, that beat is hot, give it to Jay.” So he says he produced it because he said give it to Jay. How ridiculous is that? But whatever, it’s all good. And then the other day he told me I jerked him because I didn’t give him publishing.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
80 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
71 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
276 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy