Who was better in their prime: TMac or VC?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
95 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
160 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who was better in their prime?
TMac 210 67.31%
VC 102 32.69%
Voters: 312. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #121
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,518 | Props total: 5708 5708
image them at their family reunion arguing about who had the better career
 6 years ago '09        #122
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,518 | Props total: 5708 5708

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #123
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,767 | Props total: 4254 4254
 iCON-8 said:
at some of these casual basketball fans.. watching youtube videos and reading wikipedia to learn about these players.. it's obvious some of y'all ain't watch these two dudes play..

again.. playoff performances..

VC - 4 times out the 1st round
T-Mac - 0 times out the 1st round

who has the better career fg% and 3pt% despite some of y'all dumb a.ss fools saying t-mac the better scorer, shooter etc??

VC - .445% fg .375% 3pt
T-Mac - .435% fg .337% 3pt

After 02-03 T-mac was no where close to VC.. VC came in and was a superstar from 99' right through to 06-07 when he was with the Nets.. T-Mac barely had a prime.. two high scoring seasons, getting his team no where in the playoffs..

VC is the overall better player and better player in their primes compared.. T-Mac scored more in his prime but he obviously doesn't have anything else on Vince.. he scored 30+ ppg and that's all people see.. VC could have done that too but it doesn't get you anywhere being a selfless player, which is why both haven't attained a ring yet..

I see you like numbers alot

I watch games not stats and Tmac was a better passer, defender and scorer than vince. Besides Kevin Garnett in his Twolve days,barkley and grant hill, hes one of the few players ive seen in my life that werent actual point guards that brought the ball up the court, initiated the offense, set other players up for buckets or got buckets himself and then went down the floor and checked the oppositions sf or pf (he usually was on dirk during their playoff battles).

Vince was/is a scorer and has had a few clutch moments. Their both subpar leaders so throw that out the window. The playoff victories are suspect as well outside of the formentioned ECF battle against Iverson. He was playing with a championship contender level team when he first got to Newjersey in a week conference and orlando with a team that went to finals a year before.

Last edited by micseles; 07-11-2011 at 11:41 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #124
Rockstar718 69 heat pts69
space
space
$10,839 | Props total: 9788 9788
Tracy McGrady #1
 6 years ago '04        #125
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 SpacelyPockets said:
t-mac easy...vc always gone be the better dunker and was more entertaining to watch cause of his dunking ability but t-mac could score better cause he had a nicer shot and longer range and better defense..
This.

T-Mac was a better all around player, Vince was one of the most entertaining to watch, ever. Two guys who should've been greats but were lazy as fu*k, especially Vince.
 6 years ago '04        #126
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Edit: Never mind, my timeline was a little off.

Last edited by Jamaro85; 07-11-2011 at 12:20 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #127
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,420 | Props total: 12360 12360
T-Mac has been out the first round people, will you stop saying he hasnt.

Now, I think its a tossup for which was better because they were both really fu*king good. I only wished they could have figured out a way to have played together in their primes in either Orlando or Houston and done some real damage.

Maybe they can both go be veteran role players together on a team close to a title like the Bulls or somewhere. If they were truly dedicated to playing a role and being for the team I would take them both in San Antonio for one year then they can retire.
 07-11-2011, 12:26 PM         #128
MAY LAY LOW 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
being that neither one has won a title i easily pick VC because he will forever be the best dunker that 2000 contest will go down in history and lazy eyed mcgrady will always be the guy who gave vc the bounce pass when he went thru the legs and dunked .......
 6 years ago '09        #129
space
space
 MAY LAY LOW said:
being that neither one has won a title i easily pick VC because he will forever be the best dunker that 2000 contest will go down in history and lazy eyed mcgrady will always be the guy who gave vc the bounce pass when he went thru the legs and dunked .......
But, T-Mac was possibly better than Vince in that contest. He just missed his last dunk and wasn't getting all the hype Vince was getting in the contest. sh*t was like the Blake Griffin effect from this year. Nobody else had a real chance at winning that sh*t
 07-11-2011, 12:35 PM         #130
nc4life 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MrPrez510 said:
T-Mac by far. This will probably be a long running argument in their family too.
4sho, Def a major discussion at Thanksgiving dinner. lol VC is a better entertainer but T-Mac was better over all. That n*gga was a monster on the court and if it wasn't injuries, he woulda been one of the best to do it.
 6 years ago '06        #131
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,832 | Props total: 2 2
 micseles said:

I watch games not stats and Tmac was a better passer, defender and scorer than vince. Besides Kevin Garnett in his Twolve days,barkley and grant hill, hes one of the few players ive seen in my life that werent actual point guards that brought the ball up the court, initiated the offense, set other players up for buckets or got buckets himself and then went down the floor and checked the oppositions sf or pf (he usually was on dirk during their playoff battles).

Vince was/is a scorer and has had a few clutch moments. Their both subpar leaders so throw that out the window. The playoff victories are suspect as well outside of the formentioned ECF battle against Iverson. He was playing with a championship contender level team when he first got to Newjersey in a week conference and orlando with a team that went to finals a year before.
Stopped reading there.. im done

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #132
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,476 | Props total: 410 410
 Dextromethorphan said:

after this dunk nobody wanted to call him to the nba
@ the leg kick!!!
 07-11-2011, 12:48 PM         #133
nc4life 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iCON-8 said:
VC was better in his prime and career then T-Mac.. Scoring wise T-mac (could have) been better but he hasn't be active as much as Vince has over their careers..

Vince has done a lot more in terms of achievements also and getting his teams somewhere..

Not to forget VC is a better dunker and shooter then T-Mac overall.. There isn't much to say in this discussion between the two.. T-Mac is the better defender but thats really about it..
Wat VC and T-Mac have u been watching? VC a better shooter than T-MAC?? T-Mac was one of the greatest at his position in his prime and if he coulda been better as a scorer, he woulda been the face of the NBA instead of Kobe at that time. also, IF VC got achievements and got his teams somewhere, he had better teams. Maybe the best team T-Mac has been on was in the Orlando days? T-Mac stayed hurt and that impacted his career alot. He seemed to be getting his swag back last yr in Detroit and still is better than VC at this point. VC is lazy as fu*k. Orlando shoulda went and got him back instead of VC a few yrs back.
 6 years ago '09        #134
space
space
 micseles said:

Vince was and still is a very underrated passer, that is where I disagree with you. He's had a lot of games where he initiated offenses. I remember when he was on the Nets where him and J Kidd would take turns running the offense so thats not where I would knock his game myself. Actually, I wouldnt knock Vince or Tracy's game, just their attitude, determination, and desire. Strictly on the court, they are two of the more talented players to ever play the game but individual talent isnt what wins and wins are what help people use to separate you from the other great players...

Unless your name is Dan Marino
 07-11-2011, 12:57 PM         #135
nc4life 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 arthurmack27 said:
both players were practically identical. so u have to look beyond the numbers to compare each other. and considering tmac couldnt get his team out the first round is what would, in my opinion, be the deciding factor.
T-Mac got out the 1st round???
 6 years ago '08        #136
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 nc4life said:
Wat VC and T-Mac have u been watching? VC a better shooter than T-MAC?? T-Mac was one of the greatest at his position in his prime and if he coulda been better as a scorer, he woulda been the face of the NBA instead of Kobe at that time. also, IF VC got achievements and got his teams somewhere, he had better teams. Maybe the best team T-Mac has been on was in the Orlando days? T-Mac stayed hurt and that impacted his career alot. He seemed to be getting his swag back last yr in Detroit and still is better than VC at this point. VC is lazy as fu*k. Orlando shoulda went and got him back instead of VC a few yrs back.
t-mac face of nba over kobe?
 6 years ago '05        #137
Da Real Talk 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,992 | Props total: 3 3
McGrady
 6 years ago '04        #138
barrebeast 1 heat pts
space
space
$536 | Props total: 34 34
Mac Mayne
 6 years ago '08        #139
gagethedesigner 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,744 | Props total: 366 366
VC>>>
dude made me a basketball fan
 6 years ago '11        #140
Kluminati 7 heat pts
space
space
$496 | Props total: 363 363
I'm gonna go with Vince Carter. Vince Carter's prime lasted longer than T Macs. VC was good from about 2000-2008. TMac was 2001-2006. Tmac was a better scorer, but VC was a better dunker and all around player. TMac never won a playoff series so that k!lls his legacy for me. VC was a consistent half a.sser though, so he's fu*ked there.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
106 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
201 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy