Who was better in their prime: TMac or VC?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
8 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who was better in their prime?
TMac 210 67.31%
VC 102 32.69%
Voters: 312. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #81
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,748 | Props total: 1187 1187
The only time that T-Mac made it past the first round was when he didn't play . How cant you make it past the first round with a top 3 centre for a couple years?? (while healthy)

I'll go with VC, still got a bit of respect for Vince even after sh*tting on Toronto because he came back in the playoffs and proved himself by sh*tting on us again

[video - click to view]

Thats still my shooting guard
 6 years ago '10        #82
Superboy504 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,919 | Props total: 147 147
T Mac was the better basketball player..... But Vince was the better dunker 4 sho!!!
 6 years ago '05        #83
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
I personally liked Vince Carter more but Tmac was a better all around scorer and go to guy in his prime. Neither of them really did damage in the playoffs but Vince Carter will have a bigger legacy because of his endless highlight reel.
 6 years ago '07        #84
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,852 | Props total: 2535 2535
T-Mac had an all around game. Played D, and then on offense he will k!ll you with that effortless jumpshot, post up, or drive it to the rack, also a great passer.

Vince, was way more exciting to watch though. A bit above average d, not great court vision. But he could score the basketball though with the jumper or once he was on his way driving to the rack, you know its a basket. VC became a better/ more willing passer though once he was in NJ.

I loved watching both growing up, two of my favorites. But as far as who's better, goes to McGrady. I felt like I watched almost every game of their careers in their Raptor & Magic/ Net days.

If anyone remembers, my man Vince in his prime had what Griffin is going through now, everybody coming and wanting to watch him play, and then he had the hype of LeBron.

To my good ole VC fans or if anyone just wants to watch a good game,

[video - click to view]

His best game I think. There's some other ones that are as good or better though.

[video - click to view]

This is a good one though if you want to see him just messing around having fun. I love how he messes with the crowd and just lays it up on the fastbreak and then starts getting booed. But you know VC ill make it up with a dunk later on
 6 years ago '10        #85
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
his best game was against the heat when he droped 53
 6 years ago '07        #86
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,852 | Props total: 2535 2535
he took like 20+ free throws that game. Another good game came against the Suns when he dropped 51.
 07-10-2011, 09:58 PM         #87
Jamesflames6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
VC had a better J. It it only got better over his career. T-Mac had to slash to get his points and to free up his shot. On offense alone at least VC is better just for that reason. Cuz VC of course could get to the rim. I havent looked at the FG% for both of them but I think Carter's was higher during his prime then T-Mac. Plus the Raptors had deep playoff runs. T-Mac could NEVER get his team out the 1st round 4 sh*t! AI mad sure VC's playoff run wasnt any deeper then it was the year the Sixers went to the Finals. And VC aint have a decent team round him till he wen to NJ. T-Mac had talent round him in Orlando and Houston in still 1st rd bye bye! VC got him beat there! Now the ? is who would win 1 on 1 when both was in they prime?!?!
 6 years ago '05        #88
mic80205 
space
space
$411 | Props total: 47 47
I agree VC changed the game a little bit with his dunks leaving a legacy (elbow dunk...etc)

But Tmac All Day
 6 years ago '05        #89
mic80205 
space
space
$411 | Props total: 47 47
 Jamesflames6 said:
VC had a better J. It it only got better over his career. T-Mac had to slash to get his points and to free up his shot. On offense alone at least VC is better just for that reason. Cuz VC of course could get to the rim. I havent looked at the FG% for both of them but I think Carter's was higher during his prime then T-Mac. Plus the Raptors had deep playoff runs. T-Mac could NEVER get his team out the 1st round 4 sh*t! AI mad sure VC's playoff run wasnt any deeper then it was the year the Sixers went to the Finals. And VC aint have a decent team round him till he wen to NJ. T-Mac had talent round him in Orlando and Houston in still 1st rd bye bye! VC got him beat there! Now the ? is who would win 1 on 1 when both was in they prime?!?!
I remember going to Nuggets vs Orlando game when Tmac dropped 50pts and they still lost. I remember he droped 45+ pts the previous game and they still lost...he had no help on Orlando. And on Houston Yao was merely developing his NBA game along with his American English
 6 years ago '06        #90
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,961 | Props total: 13581 13581
tmac never made it out the 1st round

vc did

vc>
 6 years ago '08        #91
100dollarman 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,508 | Props total: 360 360
Vince win this one.
tmac was a crazy scorer with waaaaaaaaaaay more help than vince and didn't go nowhere in the playoff.

At the end of the day vince would be in the hall of fame with all the greats.
 6 years ago '06        #92
trey2cool 
space
space
$1,349 | Props total: 47 47
 100dollarman said:
Vince win this one.
tmac was a crazy scorer with waaaaaaaaaaay more help than vince and didn't go nowhere in the playoff.

At the end of the day vince would be in the hall of fame with all the greats.
tmac played with andrew declerq in orlando

ANDREW DECLERQ

gimmie the dude that scored 13 pts in 35 seconds
 6 years ago '06        #93
kmstokes 
space
space
$10,714 | Props total: 1783 1783
This is a tough one for me

And I disagree with the people saying T mac and its not even close, it's close imo.

I say T mac, but I wouldn't go anymore than t mac>>Vc. It's closer than most of u think.

Last edited by kmstokes; 07-11-2011 at 02:12 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #94
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 ATLien2g2 said:
Wtf do lbj and wade have to do with this????
I'm just saying they had complete offensive games.....they can post..mid range....3...drive
 6 years ago '10        #95
Lamar Burton 13 heat pts13
space
space
$1,001 | Props total: 389 389
Some you guys are just plain hating. The only argument that yall have against McGrady is that he never got out of the first round. You're acting like he was putting up LeBron finals numbers (career 28.5 ppg in post season). Who was the 2nd best player in Orlando? Darrell Armstrong? They were a bunch of bums. He had a decent team in Houston but him & Yao couldn't even stay on the court together (injuries). They also had to play some tough teams in the west. You have to be a complete hater to deny that it was him & Kobe at one point. VC is my dude but healthy T-Mac >>> VC.
 6 years ago '11        #96
PTC 138 heat pts138 OP
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
Ok...

I'm not sure how long you guys have followed the NBA... but there was a point where T-Mac was being compared to Kobe and people were debating if T-Mac was the better player. T-Mac was considered a top 5 or even top 3 player in the league at one point in his career.

VC has never been compared or been regarded as the best SG/SF in the league... or even top 5... and never was compared to Kobe.

T-Mac was so much better than VC in his prime it's not close... getting out the 1st round isn't even a legit argument lol...
 6 years ago '10        #97
eightytyson06 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,755 | Props total: 8688 8688
tmac but i hated how many shots dude put up
 07-11-2011, 03:23 AM         #98
Atwal11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i saw this thread this morning and been watching old games of both.. got me remembering the good times..
 6 years ago '04        #99
kenoe212004 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,298 | Props total: 3758 3758
they about the same to me its sad how bout of them went down hill tho.... tmac use to be on kobes level light weight back in the day but Vc was the best dunker in the game back then.....
 6 years ago '08        #100
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
T Mac
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
113 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy