Fan returns 3,000th hit to Jeter, team rewards his generosity

most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
180 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
26 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #61
MrPrez510 
space
space
$1,023 | Props total: 87 87
Iono if I would have done the same thing, but hats off to Lopez that was very admirable of him.
 07-10-2011, 04:14 AM         #62
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1st off, not everybody is a greedy fu*k.

2nd, people act like that was a GUARANTEED 250k. Like he walks out there, goes into a store and gives it up for 250,000. That sh*t would go to an auction, and he'd probably not get that much. Say he gets 200K though. Then there's the fees for the auction house, then there's the taxes he has to play on it. sh*t is more than just an easy 250K and you go spending.

He made the right move. He's got a sh*t load of gifts (and that's just the stuff we know about). Not sure how NY handles you reporting gifts and whether you gotta pay taxes on that type of stuff or not.

Besides, as beloved as Jeter is in NY, can you imagine the sh*t that dude would catch for witholding that ball from Jeter, considering what it means and what significance it holds? That wasn't just a random home run.

Dude did the right thing. Gave up the ball, and didn't ask for sh*t in return, which makes him look even better as opposed to saying "alright I'll give it up but you gotta give me this and this and this and this". If he had done THAT, he'd probably only get whatever he asked for.

This way he'll make out with much more, plus the good press and nobody's calling him a fu*king scumbag. Plus imagine how crazy it'd be for him and his family...people KNOWING he had that ball....sh*t, his place would get robbed THAT NIGHT.

Too many cats in here got that short term view.
 07-10-2011, 07:04 AM         #63
cleophisduval09 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cut the check Derek
 6 years ago '04        #64
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 adh56 said:
As a yankee fan im saying dudes a idiot. estimated 250k straight to my account at 23 > waiting for bats and jerseys to gain that kinda value
Ever heard of taxes? Uncle Sam ain't letting you pocket 250,000 without seeing a piece of it.

Mad all yall dudes ripping him. You act like he passed up 250 million. That 250,000 isn't even the guaranteed value, it is an estimate. Who knows how much those suite tickets are worth. He can easily flip some of those tickets if he needs some bread. Just listen to what he said:

"I'm 23 years old, I have my whole life to make money"

250,000 is not a ticket to retirement. Can't even buy a house in the tri-state area with that bread.
 6 years ago '10        #65
SteezDoesIt 
space
space
$429 | Props total: 19 19
Yeah, no thanks. They can keep that package.
 6 years ago '08        #66
thewallochamp 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,799 | Props total: 117 117
dude has an in for life with the yankees, hes obviously a real fan and that means more to him than the money he coulda made selling it, which would probably be alot less than you think it would have been

doing the right thing and getting some handsome rewards >>> having your name dragged through the mud in the NY Daily News for a month because of selfishness
 6 years ago '08        #67
dubs07 
space
space
$734 | Props total: 0 0
 Rique said:
yea they gave him stuff that costs nothing
to some fans, that stuff means more than money
 6 years ago '04        #68
thegod 
space
space
space
$1,379 | Props total: 167 167
I aint gonna get on dude for giving the sh*t back. Yeah, it was kind of dumb, but at the same time, if any one of use saying we would keep it were there, we may have did what he did after really thinking about the importance of this ball and his accomplishment to the organization and to Jeter himself. Not out of fear, but just out of wanting to be nice. Me personally, would have got the hell out of there. I wouldnt have made that decision on the spot. A decision that I doubt i would have made, but I wasnt in his shoes.

With that said, for what they gave him in return, it was a dumb move and Im sure most people in the future would probably hold out on giving it back, or like most ppl anyway, say fu*k it, I aint give it back no matter what.

I may sound greedy, but, giving dude some fan appreciation BS for a ball that means that much to them, and is worth six figures to some collector, is BS. When i was reading, i thought they gave him season tickets, till i read further and saw it was just for the season. They're in the business, they know first hand what the ball is worth and thats why they hunted dude down. Yes, they didnt have to give him anything but a thank you, but he also didnt have to give them the ball back. The ball is part of Yankee history, and in return he should have got something more than just some seats the last for the season, or some jerseys, that even autographed, he coulda got at any meet and greet, or through upper deck or some sh*t for a stack.

And fu*k what other New Yorkers would have to say. Everyone is a hypocrite in life at some point. Everyone. Cats saying they would give it back would think twice if it was them and they thought about what they could do with 100k-200k+.
 07-10-2011, 08:30 AM         #69
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol you guys k!ll me, you the yankees are giving this n*gga tickets to sell ???? hell no, hes coming to those games, aint now way there letting him sell those sh*ts
 6 years ago '05        #70
Nasty Nate 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 22 22
 luker1920 said:
lol you guys k!ll me, you the yankees are giving this n*gga tickets to sell ???? hell no, hes coming to those games, aint now way there letting him sell those sh*ts
This.
 6 years ago '06        #71
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
$850 | Props total: 32 32
I woulda sold that beyotch I don't care if I only got 50k, I could of paid off my student loans. I wouldn't give 2 fuks about them talking about me, I wouldv'e sold it under the table so I didn't have to pay them taxes and auction fees. I would of called the Yankees up and said I need a check for 100 grand. They shoulda gave him season tickets for life then he coulda made money.
 6 years ago '05        #72
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,427 | Props total: 2902 2902
fu*k money...Jeter worked his a.ss off for something we will never accomplish...but I'm a money over nothin kinda guy anyway...can't be bought...plus money ain't did sh*t for me but make me unnecessarily classify people...so I just ignore it and see people for what they realty are...shallow, greedy, blind fu*ks caught up in a system...but anyway Jeter u a beast
 6 years ago '06        #73
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
$850 | Props total: 32 32
 conscious thug said:
1st off, not everybody is a greedy fu*k.

2nd, people act like that was a GUARANTEED 250k. Like he walks out there, goes into a store and gives it up for 250,000. That sh*t would go to an auction, and he'd probably not get that much. Say he gets 200K though. Then there's the fees for the auction house, then there's the taxes he has to play on it. sh*t is more than just an easy 250K and you go spending.

He made the right move. He's got a sh*t load of gifts (and that's just the stuff we know about). Not sure how NY handles you reporting gifts and whether you gotta pay taxes on that type of stuff or not.

Besides, as beloved as Jeter is in NY, can you imagine the sh*t that dude would catch for witholding that ball from Jeter, considering what it means and what significance it holds? That wasn't just a random home run.

Dude did the right thing. Gave up the ball, and didn't ask for sh*t in return, which makes him look even better as opposed to saying "alright I'll give it up but you gotta give me this and this and this and this". If he had done THAT, he'd probably only get whatever he asked for.

This way he'll make out with much more, plus the good press and nobody's calling him a fu*king scumbag. Plus imagine how crazy it'd be for him and his family...people KNOWING he had that ball....sh*t, his place would get robbed THAT NIGHT.

Too many cats in here got that short term view.

Its called a safety deposit box, and even if he only ended up with half of that he would be better off. Most people don't make that in a year. Who cares if they call you a scumbag they aint paying your bills.
 6 years ago '04        #74
askifan04 
space
space
$315 | Props total: 0 0
Im a massive Jeter/Yankees fan....having said that...he would be bidding on that sh*t just like everyone else that wanted a piece of it. Someone would have stroked a fat check to me for that ball.
 6 years ago '04        #75
TrapBoi 
space
space
$2,045 | Props total: 133 133
 illmatix said:
at all these responses.

Not one person who can applaud him for not giving a fu*k about money and just giving the ball back? He didn't work for that ball...he just happened to be sitting where jeter hit it.

Of course I'd rather have 250k but i aint gonna bash the guy for not being a greedy bastard like the rest of us
man shut the hell up lil boy! nobody asked you about your morals!
 6 years ago '10        #76
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,298 | Props total: 1950 1950
 CheezyDoDo said:
exaclty real n*ggas know he could flip them suite tickets into a cool 100 k if he moves them right and plus sell the autograph bats and jerseys to some crazy yankee historian fans///he can still make money
I was thinking this all along.. This way, everybodys happy.
 6 years ago '08        #77
moe356 1 heat pts
space
space
$723 | Props total: 1 1
orr how about you say fu*k all that junk, the year is 2011 , n*gga your broke and would never have a chance to make a quick 200K , and when you do have that 200k i dont think you would be thinking about baseball bats and jerseys lol..imo kids a fukn moron for doing that a big idiot..that money could have helped him as a person and his future for a long run...aka yankees tricked this idiot who had 200k in his hand and they are going to flip it or make more money with the ball in their hands then any other fan would.

Last edited by moe356; 07-10-2011 at 10:31 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #78
murd410 31 heat pts31
space
space
$3,944 | Props total: 349 349
Yeah I would take the package for the experience then the money never know what can happen money comes in go easy to flip money hard to catch suite playoff tickets
 07-10-2011, 10:24 AM         #79
ceo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RustyLorcin said:
Oh wow what a idiot, i rather have 100 to 150k instead of a bullsh*t fan package, fu*k meeting jeter too.

^^^^
ol good samaritan a.ss n*ggas ...fu*k that gotta get mine
 6 years ago '05        #80
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,073 | Props total: 4213 4213
 Jeet Kune Do said:
It's Jeters fault, he shouldn't have hit a homerun
i would of sold it back to em he caught that sh*t fair and square
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
95 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
20 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
130 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy