Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
104 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #1
5785 pageviews
107 comments

lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,161 | Props total: 15707 15707
Fan returns 3,000th hit to Jeter, team rewards his generosity

[pic - click to view]

As a 23-year-old cell phone salesman, Christian Lopez had thousands of reasons to hold out for the highest bidder on the baseball from Derek Jeter's(notes) 3,000th hit. In fact, some estimates put the ball's worth at $250,000, money that the recent graduate from St. Lawrence University could have certainly used.

And yet when New York Yankees officials found Lopez after he corralled Jeter's historic home run, the only thing that the big Yankees fan wanted was to return the ball to the man who had hit it.

[pic - click to view]

Yes, Lopez was willing to just give away what seemed like a sure lottery ticket

"No, not really," Lopez said when Yankees announcer Michael Kay later asked him if he asked for anything in return. "He deserves this, he's worked hard for this ... I'm not the type of person to take this away from him."
That's a pretty nice gesture, no doubt. But lest you think the Yankees were just going to take the ball away without any compensation, they rewarded Lopez's generosity with a pretty nice package. According to Kay, Lopez will receive four tickets to a suite for every remaining game at Yankee Stadium this season (including any possible playoff games) plus first row Legends Suite tickets to Sunday's game. He will also receive an a.ssortment of bats and jerseys, plus the opportunity to meet Jeter.

Update: And, topping it off, a 5-4 Yankees victory in which Jeter drove in the go-ahead run in the eighth to cap a 5 for 5 day in the batter's box. Lopez was a guest of honor at one of the best Yankees games of the season.

Not a bad haul for someone who was at the game on birthday tickets he received from his girlfriend. And while there are going to be plenty of people who question his decision, I'm guessing that the integrity Lopez showed in returning the ball to Jeter is going to benefit him in his life and future career as well.

What would you have done?

[pic - click to view]

Fan returns 3,000th hit to Jeter, team rewards his generosity - Big League Stew - MLB*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Cant stand the Yanks, but thats one hell of a thank you package image

107 comments for "Fan returns 3,000th hit to Jeter, team rewards his generosity"

07-09-2011, 07:34 PM         #2
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no it wasnt, those security guards were on his a.ss

he could get 100,000 easy for that sh*t
 6 years ago '06        #3
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
Dam that's a good a.ss fu*king package lol but I would've sold it
250,000 sounds alot better. Especially since I'll be able to buy the seats anyway. Its not like he will go to every home game anyway
 6 years ago '08        #4
RustyLorcin 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$3,464 | Props total: 593 593
Oh wow what a idiot, i rather have 100 to 150k instead of a bullsh*t fan package, fu*k meeting jeter too.
 07-09-2011, 07:38 PM         #5
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Manny05 said:
Dam that's a good a.ss fu*king package lol but I would've sold it
250,000 sounds alot better. Especially since I'll be able to but the seats anyway. Its not like he will go to every home game
LOL , they aint selling those seats anyways, they ripped this dude off
 6 years ago '10        #6
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,523 | Props total: 9896 9896

Good gesture, lord knows I would of made somebody break major bread. Then again you never know what Jeter will hand him under the table.

But it wont be 250 racks
 6 years ago '06        #7
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,542 | Props total: 18050 18050
yea they gave him stuff that costs nothing
 07-09-2011, 07:43 PM         #8
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rique said:
yea they gave him stuff that costs nothing
basically
 6 years ago '05        #9
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
4 suite tickets for every home game...he can make some $$$$ if he plays it right
 6 years ago '05        #10
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
 JayDawn said:

Good gesture, lord knows I would of made somebody break major bread. Then again you never know what Jeter will hand him under the table.

But it wont be 250 racks
All the fans would give you sh*t for taking the ball when they know damn well they would do the same thing
 6 years ago '09        #11
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
 Bea5T said:
4 suite tickets for every home game...he can make some $$$$ if he plays it right
if he plays it right? If he played it right his dumbass would of kept the ball

dudes an idiot

I'll take the money and buy some tickets if I feel like it, the fu*k I want to go to 20 baseball games for
 6 years ago '10        #12
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
I would have dipped
 6 years ago '09        #13
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
had to post one more time,

WHAT A fu*kING IDIOT
 6 years ago '05        #14
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,197 | Props total: 11805 11805

Edit: 250K??????!!!! dude dumb.
 6 years ago '05        #15
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
 CutKidd21 said:
if he plays it right? If he played it right his dumbass would of kept the ball

dudes an idiot

I'll take the money and buy some tickets if I feel like it, the fu*k I want to go to 20 baseball games for
Like I said...he would catch sh*t from everyone
 6 years ago '07        #16
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,654 | Props total: 40 40
yall some money hungry greedy fu*ks, that was apart of another man's accomplishment. Class act by the yankees to give him the package. Jeter will definitely give dude something too. a.ssortment of jerseys and bats which will basically be signed by anyone he wants to will be worth something cool to if he just saves it for a long time
 07-09-2011, 08:09 PM         #17
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jordanfreak7 said:
yall some money hungry greedy fu*ks, that was apart of another man's accomplishment. Class act by the yankees to give him the package. Jeter will definitely give dude something too. a.ssortment of jerseys and bats which will basically be signed by anyone he wants to will be worth something cool to if he just saves it for a long time
fu*k these athletes, yea i got respect for jeter, but what does that have to do with a fan catching a ball in the stands.

Aint nobody give me the football back when i scored my first High School TOUCHDOWN, fu*k this sh*t.
 6 years ago '07        #18
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,072 | Props total: 1845 1845
 jordanfreak7 said:
It's Jeters fault, he shouldn't have hit a homerun
 6 years ago '09        #19
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,394 | Props total: 5103 5103
thats a nice package

but pass up 250k?
 6 years ago '07        #20
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,364 | Props total: 184 184
 Bea5T said:
exaclty real n*ggas know he could flip them suite tickets into a cool 100 k if he moves them right and plus sell the autograph bats and jerseys to some crazy yankee historian fans///he can still make money
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
79 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
196 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy