Consequence Talks Writing Verses for Kanye West and Songs For Beyonce Plus New Music

most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
16 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
116 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #21
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
So who's writing Ye's verses on Watch the Throne?

I like Cons but he sounds bitter, & I cant imagine him writing that Beyonce track
 6 years ago '05        #22
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #23
rockyin4 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,061 | Props total: 440 440
 Flex Luger said:
Didn't read but Con's verse on Chain Heavy was very creative n well put together, this dude def has great artist potential...
That's how a lot of his verses are. Kind of a trademark of his (check gone and i think he does it on Good, Bad Ugly).

As long as he didn't write Kanye the last verse on Gone. That verse is my favorite Ye verse of all time. Too crazy.
 6 years ago '04        #24
BigJay.inc 68 heat pts68
space
space
$8,771 | Props total: 20372 20372
he doesnt seem like he's about his business at all.... he gotta get focused on him, no one is going to make an investment in you if u dont make it in yourself first... cant blame QTip or Ye... gotta blame himself...

fu*k waiting for handouts....u got a lil money, a camera, laptop, STUDIO....go make some sh*t and shut the fu*k up
 6 years ago '09        #25
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,227 | Props total: 19336 19336
not surprise dude sound like a salty hoe but him writing some of kanye tracks isn't a big surprise if anyone was suspected of writing his material that is the first person i think of
 07-09-2011, 12:10 AM         #26
BrooklynWHAT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Consequence is just a born weed carrier. He can't shake it because its who he is.
 6 years ago '08        #27
Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,771 | Props total: 9032 9032
u guys mad con is a better musician than ye
 07-09-2011, 03:01 AM         #28
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall dont balee dis n*ggas wrote for Ye but balee err one and they momma wrote for Wayne???....aint that a bi*ch?? or is it hating at its finest ??? i dont know you tell me !!!!

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Millerionaire87; 07-09-2011 at 03:04 AM..
 07-09-2011, 03:25 AM         #29
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illuminati said:
u guys mad con is a better musician than ye
You mean a better writer than Ye? And he's not. The hits he's collecting credits on are some of Kanye's minor hits, nothing major. I'm sure a lot of hip hop artists have others who have contributed to hooks and verses.

Look at Eminem's album credits. Are you saying Skyler Gray is a better writer than Em because she collaborated came up with the hook to "I Need a Doctor"?

I swear, some of you put Kanye under a strong microscope, but give everyone else a pass.
 07-09-2011, 03:44 AM         #30
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Do you have a couple other missions to accomplish?
I'm one of the premiere songwriters in music over the last decade and it hasn't fully been exploited out of loyalty and out of business structure. I wrote a plethora of records that people are familiar with... I wrote the verses to "Paranoid" with Kanye. It's a lot of people's favorite record from "808s and Heartbreak."

(Consequence also shared that he contributed to "Amazing, "Say You Will" and "RoboCop" from "808s and Heartbreaks;" "Gone" from "Late Registration;" "Spaceship" from "The College Dropout;" and "Welcome to the World" from T.I.'s "No Mercy"album.)

Why do you feel that you didn't receive acknowledgement?
It was just structure. It won't happen again. It's like when you're in somebody else's totem pole, so to speak, of course, the head is to receive the glory.
Bullsh*t.

Government Name: Dexter Mills

"Spaceship" (Had a verse on the record)

* Songwriters: Kanye West, Leonard Harris, Dexter Mills, Marvin Gaye, Gwen Gordy, Sandra Greene
* Producer: Kanye West
* Recorders: Tasuya Sato, Rabeka Tunei
* Mix engineer: Manny Marroquin
* Additional vocals: Tony Williams, John Legend
* Contains a sample of "Distant Lover" performed by Marvin Gaye

Contribution count on College Dropout = 1

"Gone" (had a verse)

Songwriters: Kanye West, Dexter Mills, Cameron Giles, Chuck Willis

Contribution count on Late Registration = 1

SHUT OUT of Graduation

"Amazing" (Writing Credits)

Songwriters: Kanye West, Malik Jones, Dexter Mills, Jeff Bhasker, Jay Jenkins

"Paranoid" (Writing Credits)

Songwriters: Kanye West, Patrick Reynolds, Scott Mescudi, Dexter Mills, Jeff Bhasker

"Robocop" (Writing Credits)

Songwriters: Kanye West, Jeff Bhasker, Jenny-Bea Englishman, Malik Jones, Dexter Mills
Scott Mescudi, A. Williams, Jeff Bhasker, Faheem Najm, Jay Jenkins, Patrick Doyle

_____

So my question to Cons is, what kind of recognition were you looking for? If you were that dope of an artist, then you'd be out on your own, right? Your music outside of Kanye's influence ain't sh*t, ain't never gonna be sh*t either. The only recognition you deserve is the recognition from writing the songs that you all of a sudden want credit for. BY THE WAY, he's credited with his contribution to "Party" as well.

Cons is an ungrateful fu*kn*gga and I'll say it to his face. Kanye gave him credit on all those songs and never made it try to seem like he didn't write it. Kanye put him on his records which he didn't do for Malik Yousef, he didn't do after CD for Twista, none of them dudes in the Chi, but he kept putting him on records and made sure he was eating. Cons was waiting for somebody to hand him a hit and it never came, now he wants to open his mouth like a female and take credit for those songs. Damn shame what lack of fame does to ungrateful n*ggas.

And SIX Album Tracks aren't a fu*kin' PLETHORA n*gga.

"Watch the Throne drops, n*ggas k!ll themselves".

Last edited by Dangerously; 07-09-2011 at 03:49 AM..
 07-09-2011, 03:48 AM         #31
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHop Since 93 said:
So who's writing Ye's verses on Watch the Throne?

I like Cons but he sounds bitter, & I cant imagine him writing that Beyonce track
He didn't do sh*t on "Party". He'll probably try to take credit for 3000's verse on "Party" too.
 6 years ago '05        #32
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,897 | Props total: 30120 30120
It's sad how the top artist aren't even writing their own material
 6 years ago '09        #33
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,083 | Props total: 1820 1820
I love Consequence's music. It's just got that feel good old school hip-hop sound with a little update sound. Anybody saying his music is trash is too invested in what he as a person feels and says or has Ye's member deep down their esophagus. All of the Movie on Demand have been nice as fuk and Don't Quit Your Day Job still knocks to this day.

That being said, the way he is going about his discrepancies with Ye is bad business. Who gonna work with him after this or let him "write" songs for them? He should of just kept quiet or said 1 or 2 things and left alone. Let the music speak.
 6 years ago '05        #34
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 Millerionaire87 said:
yall dont balee dis n*ggas wrote for Ye but balee err one and they momma wrote for Wayne???....aint that a bi*ch?? or is it hating at its finest ??? i dont know you tell me !!!!

Oh ok after seeing this post I understand why you went and made that thread
 6 years ago '08        #35
illmatic_kid 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,833 | Props total: 309 309
Cons is that dude.........
 6 years ago '04        #36
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,532 | Props total: 275 275
I feel his pain but I wouldn't beef just work just work.
 6 years ago '10        #37
Flex Luger 257 heat pts257
space
space
$12,264 | Props total: 36060 36060
 rockyin4 said:
That's how a lot of his verses are. Kind of a trademark of his (check gone and i think he does it on Good, Bad Ugly).

As long as he didn't write Kanye the last verse on Gone. That verse is my favorite Ye verse of all time. Too crazy.
will check them out... Props
 6 years ago '10        #38
onlybuilt1906 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,530 | Props total: 1121 1121

[pic - click to view]

Either post youtube of video or get your bitter wack a.ss out of here. n*ggas in their mid-30's looking for recognition. Go get a late pass.
 6 years ago '04        #39
izzy2024 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$939 | Props total: 13 13
Man this dude is such a bi*ch. All he ever does is complain and cry about Kanye. At best he's a slightly above average rapper, and there are millions of those in the world. I actually like some of his sh*t, but he's one of the blandest rappers in history and Kanye got the most he could out of the dude. And whether he's talented or not, the fact remains that a lot of people would have no idea who this guy even is if it wasn't for Kanye. He doesn't have the appeal to make it as a solo artist, so ghostwriting is really his only option. Hopefully he shuts the fu*k and stops crying about Kanye and puts out an album worth listening to.

Not to mention, most of the songs he "brags" about ghostwriting are some of the weakest songs in Kanye's catalog.
 6 years ago '04        #40
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,753 | Props total: 1571 1571
as mad as he sounds it does seems like he's moving foward he didn't really speak on anyone in a negative light except Tip (kinda fu*ked up smh) Beats rhymes life is one of my favorite hip hop albums ever too

due put alot of work i had noo idea they could atleast put him in the credits
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
40 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
289 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
250 comments
2 days ago