Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #41
Chuck Hustle 
space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 0 0
LOL nobody's checkin for Jay? Theres some clowns in this thread... Why are his albums #1? Not just the first 3, every single one....
 6 years ago '10        #42
kingjab7542 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,355 | Props total: 587 587
 Chuck Hustle said:
LOL nobody's checkin for Jay? Theres some clowns in this thread... Why are his albums #1? Not just the first 3, every single one....
Jay broke Elvis' record for most number one albums

But no one was checkin for Elvis either....
 6 years ago '09        #43
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,450 | Props total: 8556 8556

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by BrooklynStiles; 07-08-2011 at 07:37 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #44
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 DurtySoufReppin said:
word.. but I think Rap music has this thing about being "hip" that the younger crowds tend to appreciate that holds the older artists back more than any other music genre..

The thing I hate about HOV is his music hasn't really evolved overtime even with his success, it lacks the substance he's capable of putting into his music.

That's why Nas will always be better than Jay. I will always look forward to Nas's album releases more than Jay's because I know Nas will bring some food for thought.

Jay is just gone flow on some sh*t with a feature that's good enough to keep him in the spotlight.
I have to respectfully disagree with that comment, to me HOV is on of the few who has had natural progression with his career, along with Kanye throughout their career, throw De La Soul in there as well, along with Common.

I really think Nas' intellect is very overatted, I mean it doesn't take anything away from him, but Untitled was littered with Nas' usual preachy one sided views on things, same with Distant Relatives. He continually has an identity crisis, is he political, is he nasty etc, and he needs to move forward and progress as he is losing relevance among the masses, which is dayum shame for a dude that no question is in the GOAT argument. The last real album I felt that was a natural progression through his career was God's Son.

Nas is my second favourite MC as well, but he is also frustrating, I think was one of the few people who didn't feel nasty that much, just because I hate when guys get stuck in the past.
 6 years ago '05        #45
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 jbn2233 said:
I agree I realized I left out the Black Album thats my personal fav cd. I do enjoy Jay-Z music hes clearly talented for staying relevant for this long..But then I go back to listening to the black album and then listen to his latests effots and I just don't dig the direction his music has gone since then. You put out and absolute master piece than follow it up with kingdom come and people on this site get all emotional about it. To me I think Jay-Z lost that dedication to the music he use to have. Also the intro on Kingdom Come is dope I forgot all about that song. People rave about the song beach chair not a fan too soft imo however minorty report is a dope song.
The hate is strong. How is a dude continually touring, selling out huge arenas, dropping a collab album with Kanye, and working on a concept album and is the most relevant rapper a dude that has lost dedication?
what you people fail to realise is that people like Jay, Nas and Em, they aint got sh*t to prove to people, yet they still continue to make music because they LOVE it.

If anything, it's what is missing in the younger generation's mindset, being a student of the game and just having a genuine love for the music.
 6 years ago '04        #46
NaMeLeSs- 83 heat pts83
space
space
$9,303 | Props total: 3607 3607
He should drop a Dynasty 2 album, let his roc nation family shine
 6 years ago '05        #47
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 NaMeLeSs- said:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '09        #48
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,519 | Props total: 5708 5708
 NaMeLeSs- said:
him and all three of em

Imagine Nas and Jay-Z release their albums on the same day
 07-08-2011, 09:40 PM         #49
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
His one decent album since the Black Album was Kingdom Come and even that was

Didn't feel AG

Blueprint 3 was garbage

Blueprint is a classic so is RD

but that sh*t was 10 and 15 yrs ago respectively

Let others shine already
 6 years ago '09        #50
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,393 | Props total: 5103 5103
 Joe Budden said:
"Hopefully"
 07-08-2011, 09:44 PM         #51
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jbn2233 said:
you would listen to a 40 year old rapper who ran out of sh*t to talk about. Kingdom Come was trash, American Gansta was trash, BP3 was trash...I think you should get his d!ck out your mouth
American Gangster was trash? lmao
 07-08-2011, 09:44 PM         #52
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kingdom Come sucked besides like 5 songs
 6 years ago '06        #53
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
blueprint 4... i see u hov
 07-08-2011, 10:09 PM         #54
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ballergenetics said:
vol 1 - crack music
black album - crack music

and what does him retiring/stop rapping have to do with letting others shine or not ?. any grown man dont need another man to retire so they can shine. create your own lane like he did. magine bein' like 40 - 45 tellin' your kids "yo, I could have been a rapper like the rappers you you listen to if Jay Z would have retired and gave me a chance to shine"
Hard to create your own lane when the guy you signed to won't release your music

he shelved Budden too

You took what I was saying too literal. Calm down.
 6 years ago '06        #55
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,986 | Props total: 4014 4014
@ Jay going "I know the exact tone of the album." I know it already too, Jay. How about like EVERY album (except maybe AG) you've ever released you no-creative-risk-taking, same-formula-recycled, overrated a.ss simple-ABC-rhyme-schemes a.ss f*ggot rapper.

pkilla111 said:
bp3=classic

Jay stays giving you the SAME cake with different frosting calling it "new" and you dipsh*ts keep eating it up.
 6 years ago '05        #56
TRU 504 BoY 
space
space
$1,970 | Props total: 88 88
bp3 was god awful. i liked 4 songs off that album. American Gangster was a dope album. Not classic, but a hot album. He should have left that song Brooklyn 2.0 off the album. It ruined the feel for the album. like it was misplaced on there.
 07-08-2011, 10:31 PM         #57
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
@ Jay going "I know the exact tone of the album." I know it already too, Jay. How about like EVERY album (except maybe AG) you've ever released you no-creative-risk-taking, same-formula-recycled, overrated a.ss simple-ABC-rhyme-schemes a.ss f*ggot rapper.

Jay stays giving you the SAME cake with different frosting calling it "new" and you dipsh*ts keep eating it up.

n*gga mind showing me how BP3 and KC have the same formula? none of the dudes albums since coming out of retirement sound remotely alike. i swear, n*ggas just trying to find reasons to hate
 07-08-2011, 10:34 PM         #58
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
as much blatant hate as this is, that part is kinda true
 07-08-2011, 10:38 PM         #59
Satire 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay-Z is my second favorite rapper, but BP3 was one of the worst albums I've ever heard. Idk what to expect from his next album.
 6 years ago '04        #60
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,197 | Props total: 5478 5478
i find something wrong with jay promoting this news knowing he has a talented roster of emcees. his effort should be about moving their projects in the right direction before releasing his own sh*t. it's def jam all over again.....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago