Currensy & Big sean Album sales

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
40 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
49 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #41
rdrake 28 heat pts28
space
space
$7,321 | Props total: 421 421
Big Sean sold more than Banks
 6 years ago '10        #42
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
currensy is on warner, there's no excuse for low numbers anymore. the distribution is there.

big sean tho? major flop.
 6 years ago '05        #43
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:

this d!ckheads really tryin to compare sales with twitter followers
 Chief Dee said:
If anything, the more twitter followers you have equals === more people that will download and not buy your sh*t.
 marcusaka50 said:
rappers always make more money in tours/endorsment/appearances than record sells.

i dont care how much a rapper is making that doesnt make me decide if i am going to listen to the artist or not by how much money they make a year.

they are all making more money than the average person.

i dont know if they making enough money to retire off thats not my personal concern.

if them n*ggaz flop then they flop all i care about is if the music is good.

not every fan or every twitter follower is going to buy your album when they can get it for free.
 all3rd said:
Who even buys albums anymore?
 spittapilottalk said:
it's amazing how a forum where 90% of people don't buy albums talk about album sales non stop.
this^^^^^^^^^ dude is rite on this site no one buys cd yet staying talking sh*t when ppl dont sell. I dont think 85k is a flop when u really think about it. how many rappers will go plat maybe 4 or 5 then a few go gold the rest are no where close. Sean is not that well know and n*ggas aint buying cds way to easy to get music for free u gotta take that into it not like only those 85k ppl have the cd millions of ppl bumping his sh*t they just didnt pay for it. All u idiots talking about 85 k is flop when u got alot of rappers who cant even do 50k in a month just idiots .
 6 years ago '05        #44
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
 rdrake said:
Big Sean sold more than Banks
extacly and banks had a way bigger single .his single sold 500k legal downloads.

sean had nothing at all close to banks track. rap is not selling anymore 85k is pretty damn good for a new rapper with no real huge single.
 07-06-2011, 02:56 PM         #45
mdoggslim  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that's because you guys stole the other 27k spitta would have done.

should have never given you n*ggas the internets
 07-06-2011, 02:57 PM         #46
mdoggslim  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and as for big sean............

i do it.... boiiiiiiiiiiii
 07-06-2011, 02:59 PM         #47
kiTHCen  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
These attempts to slander spitta are getting to be ridiculous. Curren$y fans knew he was going to do those numbers, (especially since there is about 20 states that dont have the album in store)
When you build your fanbase off giving away free music, n*ggas are going to continue to try to get it for free. That sh*t is not rocket science.
There was a thread up for these albums a week and a half before they dropped...
Son..... what did curren$y do to you.
This n*gga has peacefully walked away from every beef situation he was in. Not particpated in any acts of simpness or fu*kery..Literally All this n*gga does is smoke and make music, if youre not a fan i dont get how and why this affects you. This is some serious troll sh*t man, this sh*t just screeeeeaaaaaammmmms i need a fu*king hobby and a girlfriend. Youre a just bashing a movement thats getting some shine. CA-HOR_KNEEE
 6 years ago '10        #48
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8022 8022
lol a site that provides they music for free is talkin sh*t about them not selling records
 6 years ago '04        #49
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,387 | Props total: 6424 6424
 ondatpurple said:
currensy is on warner, there's no excuse for low numbers anymore. the distribution is there.

big sean tho? major flop.
big sean is not a major flop and curren$y is nowhere on the radio/tv.

curren$y sold more this time 1st week than his other 2 albums. the only thing warner gave him was distribution and a ustream video

and big sean single only got up to #34 on billboard. its not that big of a hit. the album was under shipped also
 6 years ago '04        #50
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,387 | Props total: 6424 6424
 bran007don said:
boy you know you lying. he said he sold around 75,000 copies for both pilot talk 1 and 2 together.

the 1st week sales of them albums got bigger with each release. thats what i was saying
 07-06-2011, 03:15 PM         #51
KYP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why do people get so caught up in album sales? Do you make any money off these albums whatsoever? Have you ever or will you ever work in the music industry? Probably not. So shut the fu*k up. Worry about if the music is good or not because thats the only thing that truly affects you..
 07-06-2011, 03:16 PM         #52
kiTHCen  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KYP said:
Why do people get so caught up in album sales? Do you make any money off these albums whatsoever? Have you ever or will you ever work in the music industry? Probably not. So shut the fu*k up. Worry about if the music is good or not because thats the only thing that truly affects you..
Right, and how much sense do you make telling OTHER people what to worry about?
 6 years ago '04        #53
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,900 | Props total: 1128 1128
curren$y probably does 10 to 15 performances per month and he receives anywhere from 10 to 20 G's per show.

curren$y's pockets are not hurting. his record sales do not reflect the amount of money he truly makes.

same with lil' B. lil' B has sold out shows in places but nobody ever knows about those shows.

6 years ago '05        #54
SyDuck 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,346 | Props total: 346 346
 Hardkore said:
curren$y probably does 10 to 15 performances per month and he receives anywhere from 10 to 20 G's per show.

Jet Life tour... Every night from 4/20-6/19. I went when he was in Cali, and the place was packed.

that's straight up like 59 or 60 concerts in 2 months. I don't know how much he makes off that, but i reckon its a lot. PLUS he drops an album + music videos during the tour. show me another artist working that much

He's signed to a major record label and maintains his creative freedom. He owns his own publishing rights... Young Roddy, Trademark, Fiend and Monstabeatz also own the rights to their parts in his album... Its in the pamphlet... He straight

I guess he might not be paid as much, but he owns his masters and he can do whatever the fu*k he wants. Thats chill by me

Last edited by SyDuck; 07-06-2011 at 03:40 PM..
 07-06-2011, 03:42 PM         #55
kiTHCen  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You cant knock this n*ggas hustle for nothing.
 6 years ago '10        #56
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
hey how many twitter followers lil b have cuz he couldnt even sell 2000 copies
 6 years ago '05        #57
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
Apparently they under shipped Big Sean...and Currensy did pretty good considering his situation
 6 years ago '10        #58
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,538 | Props total: 5870 5870
 SyDuck said:

Jet Life tour... Every night from 4/20-6/19. I went when he was in Cali, and the place was packed.

that's straight up like 59 or 60 concerts in 2 months. I don't know how much he makes off that, but i reckon its a lot. PLUS he drops an album + music videos during the tour. show me another artist working that much

He's signed to a major record label and maintains his creative freedom. He owns his own publishing rights... Young Roddy, Trademark, Fiend and Monstabeatz also own the rights to their parts in his album... Its in the pamphlet... He straight

I guess he might not be paid as much, but he owns his masters and he can do whatever the fu*k he wants. Thats chill by me
Dude is indie and has a Ferrari. That says something about his show money.
 6 years ago '04        #59
Holiday Styles 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,383 | Props total: 0 0
dont ever hate on currensy, f*ggot.
 07-06-2011, 04:32 PM         #60
kiTHCen  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total: