most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #21
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
lol @ twitter followers somehow equating to sales
 07-06-2011, 12:36 PM         #22
BasedHead  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
But hitting the "follow" button takes 2 seconds and doesn't cost any money...

Lady gaga has over 11 million followers.. her most recent album sold 1 mil and some change the first week... which by your logic... isnt sh*t.
i'm*not saying he should sell 270,000 but he could at least sell 50,000..
let's just do some math.

if you get 200,000 ppl to Rt That you got a new album coming out, You just made more new fans. tell a friend to tell a friend. then not to mention the music videos posted on worldstar which get thousand of views that introducing you to more fans.. then mixtapes etc..

it shouldn't be a reason why spitta didn't at least sell 50,000 copies
 6 years ago '11        #23
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,054 | Props total: 2 2
it's amazing how a forum where 90% of people don't buy albums talk about album sales non stop.
 6 years ago '06        #24
stillrising804 
space
space
space
$275 | Props total: 0 0
Spitta and his 23k definitely made more than big sean and his 85k(kanye gotta get a cut). Curren$y shows b sold the fuxk out with no video buget from the label or no radio spin=curren$y won #jetsgo
 07-06-2011, 12:44 PM         #25
BasedHead  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stillrising804 said:
Spitta and his 23k definitely made more than big sean and his 85k(kanye gotta get a cut). Curren$y shows b sold the fuxk out with no video buget from the label or no radio spin=curren$y won #jetsgo
sold out shows at house of blues, $10 admission, vs sold out arena's $60 + admission. big sean is winning regardless.
 07-06-2011, 12:58 PM         #26
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol wait when did Twitter numbers have anything to do with sales?........Out of 279k a good percentage of that is bots, spam, media hounds/reporters/blogs/ and websites attempting to promote their sh*t.

Twitter is the new standard for judging sales now?...............lol

Thats a decent number for Currensy because its a project his team produced, they recorded in their studio, not some major studio, and he also didnt allow the label to spend one dime on the production of it....Which means hes more than likely seeing the majority of the proceeds(His distribution deal is giving him a better cut than what Jim JOnes used to claim in the Koch days lmao)....

Like someone said....Hes probably claimed MORE cash off 20 something K sold than Big Sean did off of 84K sold..........

And he just did a big tour that was sold out in every show and now hes touring in Europe.............Hows he losing exactly?
 07-06-2011, 12:58 PM         #27
Ca$h Out  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This idiot....

Spitta sold 10,000 off pilot talk and pt2 last year, this is and improvement.
 6 years ago '11        #28
Kid Cunner 400 heat pts400
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 2 2
Wiz had almost 2 mill twitter followers at the time of his release, and he sold 200k. Basically if HALF his followers picked up a copy, he would've went platinum in the first week. Snoop has over 3 mill twitter followers and he sold like 50k in the first week. Just because ppl hit the follow button on twitter does not mean they are all going to spend money on your album. Britney Spears has over 8 mill followers and sold just under 300k in the first week. 8 MILL translated into 300k...twitter followers don't mean sh*t.
 07-06-2011, 01:01 PM         #29
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BasedHead said:
NO I DON'T UNDERSTAND.. it's 2011 being A indie artist is almost the same as being a mainstream artist .. what separates big sean from spitta, when it comes to promo???

spitta have the same resources as big sean, drake, wiz, etc...
He doesnt have the same resources...Where are you getting your info from?.............Anything hes doing is HIM.............Sean, Drake, Wiz all have the Universal/Atlantic machines behind them buying radio time, interviews, front page articles, and so on..........Plus Universal is the King of doing buy backs on CD's to inflate sales.............

Do you really know the difference between a Major Label Deal and a Distribution Deal?...........Cause Currensys deal doesnt do sh*t besides guarentee the album gets printed up and placed in more stores than he normally would reach...............Thats it. Thats all an indie deal does.

The fact that he has THIS many people talking about him, with NO major label DEAL is amazing.
 6 years ago '04        #30
1nonly 15 heat pts15
space
space
$12,459 | Props total: 1239 1239
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:

this d!ckheads really tryin to compare sales with twitter followers
they really are smh
 6 years ago '05        #31
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,026 | Props total: 537 537
a big chuck of followers are n*ggas in the media or industry ... who got a free copy .. the elliot wilson and ms infos of the world follow jsut so they can be apart of the scoop and konw whats going on ..they are not real supports .. then you got the britney will suck your d!ck follower bots and sh*t .. but now a n*gga like soulja boy who has million followers he definatly should be selling over 100k
 6 years ago '10        #32
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,563 | Props total: 5928 5928
 Phicmagic said:
He doesnt have the same resources...Where are you getting your info from?.............Anything hes doing is HIM.............Sean, Drake, Wiz all have the Universal/Atlantic machines behind them buying radio time, interviews, front page articles, and so on..........Plus Universal is the King of doing buy backs on CD's to inflate sales.............

Do you really know the difference between a Major Label Deal and a Distribution Deal?...........Cause Currensys deal doesnt do sh*t besides guarentee the album gets printed up and placed in more stores than he normally would reach...............Thats it. Thats all an indie deal does.

The fact that he has THIS many people talking about him, with NO major label DEAL is amazing.
Exactly! To add on to what you just said... you also have to consider the cost of making the album and how many copies are printed up and shipped. If they didn't ship a ridiculous amount of copies than 27K the first week isn't a flop. Plus, I doubt that they're spending loads of money considering Spitta's video are viral for the most part and a majority of his promo comes from social networks. How often do you see a Curren$y ad? The lower the costs.. the easier it is to clear your overhead.
 6 years ago '05        #33
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,463 | Props total: 25181 25181
...We Comparing Twitter Followers With Sales? What Is This fu*kery?

Spitta Did 23k With No Mainstream Promotion & No Radio Single and Did All This While On Tour. Big Sean On The Other Hand....Thats A Flop When You Got Kanye, GOOD Music, and Def Jam Backing You Up Plus A Single With Chris Brown? Like I Said....Females Ate That Bullsh*t Album Up.
 07-06-2011, 01:29 PM         #34
Trill Clinton  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
23K for spitta is a good look..

fu*k is you talkin' about?

Sean flopped like a bi*ch though...guess he ain't that famous.
 07-06-2011, 01:32 PM         #35
CIDF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmao @ twitter comparison
 6 years ago '09        #36
HennyHeat 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,394 | Props total: 632 632
23,000 not on a major why you hatin...

Im one of Currensys biggest fans... I ain't buy the shiit... Albums are not in my budget

And you say look at his twitter followers it don't add up? It exactly adds up twitter followers are internet junkies who will most likely download the album

I say the best way to support an artist is to buy a ticket to his show... Go to a currensy show you will see the fan support
 6 years ago '10        #37
Seymore Cake 19 heat pts19
space
space
$22,960 | Props total: 8886 8886
Well when 3,000,000 people probably downloaded these albums what do you expcet
 07-06-2011, 02:40 PM         #38
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And for the record Spittas videos were done inhouse....sh*t we were at the Atlanta concert and didnt even know all the sh*t they were filming would be used in the "This is the Life" video LOL. The guy who did all the shooting is a member OF Boxden, and is cool as hell....hes @davidxParks on twitter to. He also did the "Type of Cat" joint I produced for Fiend/Dza/Sant

I think the way homie has his team setup is Dope.....Its a family thing and I respect it....He just got a nice a.ss Indie deal to get the music they do out..........Plus hes letting HIS producers produce, engineeers mix it down, and his team are his features, no outside people needed.....And theyre doing sold out shows and everyones EATING.........How is he losing?

His operation is grassroots in a way, but its successful as hell. Hats off to the guy

I produced "Get Em" for Big Sean immediately after he signed with Kanye and we used it to close out Finally Famous Volume 1...........Do you know for the past 4 years Not even my immediate circle knew who the fu*k he was.......Hell I Didnt even KNOW who the guy was.....I actually have a friend from Michigan who came to me like "Yo a guy I grew up with just signed to Ye and needs beats to finish his mixtape, will you toss him a few?""......I was skeptical but did it, and just NOW in the past 2 months do people even know who the f*ck he is.......

I mean my father came up to me after the B.E.T awards like "So that Sean guy finally did something with himself huh?"........lol
 07-06-2011, 02:43 PM         #39
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And for the record heres Sean with the homie of mine who came to me like that lol....Brians in the yellow shirt...I think thats Mike Posner in there to.........

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #40
Ari Gold 317 heat pts317
space
space
$15,221 | Props total: 1372 1372
 legendisdope said:
i think all the users with 'based' in their name is a f*ggot

fixed
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
80 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
193 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
112 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
68 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
119 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy