Retro NBA Draft scouting reports :ehhh:

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
204 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
253 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
176 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
8602 pageviews
76 comments

Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
Retro NBA Draft scouting reports :ehhh:

i was looking for some 90s mock drafts and came across this site image. pasted a few of em

Ray Allen:
"Allen is probably more of a scorer than a natural shooter, but he can hit from long distance." -Phil Bedard

"I dont think he's a 'frenchise player', but could become a great second-option on a good team, in the mold of Kandall Gill or a 'calmer' John Starks." -Eiro Monitz

Kobe Bryant:

"Don't everyone jump on me at once who read this but I read that the 76ers might be intersted in keeping him home. He practiced with them in the summer and they loved him. Even said they would draft him when he came out." -Jason Sean Fuiman image

"Has been compared to Grant Hill, but some scouts feel he doesn't have the ballhandling and shooting skills to be an effective guard." -Owen P O'Malley

Big Country:
Pro Prospects: Excellent. If the NBA is such that Eric Montross can average fourteen pts and eight boards, Reeves can easily keep his college numbers of 20/10. His offense will flourish since the NBA is more physical than college (his shoulder won't get called) and he will see fewer double teams and no zones. His defense will be enough to stop all but the quickest. Hakeem and Robinson will school him. Ewing and Mourning will beat him by a little. Shaq will have to use quickness and skill since there is no way he can outmuscle him. All others could try praying. Up is the only place he has to go. He is guaranteed to average at least 15/8 for ten years. He is instantly the third best center in the West (behind Hakeem and Robinson - his actual offens puts him even with Mutumbo) and the fourth in the East (Ewing, Shaq and Mourning). That makes him a potential all-star.

Michael Olowakandi:
The Kandi man definately can. He's got game. I've watched him play all year at Pacific. He's very, very active on both sides of the court, and it's evident when he f!ghting for position on the the block, defending, setting picks, etc. Big Mike already has all the physical attributes to be a great center, big hands, active body, quickness, long arms, and is extremely strong, so the athleticism is there. It was rumored that he can bench 500+. THis guy IS ripped !!! In England, he ran track, played croquet and rugby. Olowakandi SHOULD be a great defender at his position. Offensively, he's favored that right handed baby hook and turn around fade away, and he's been working out with a.ssistant coaches to develop a wider range of moves. He also needs to work on his passing and dribbling as well. But he's a very intellegent kid and seems to enjoy this game a lot. Heck, that's the reason why he came to America in the first place, to ball ( or to get image ).

Lamar Odom:

Lamar Odom is the complete package, he can shoot, handle the ball, and create his own shot. At 6-10 he reminds of Kevin Garnett, but i think he will be even better.

Jason Terry:
"Terry is not a jet, but he's an intelligent player who knows how to run a team offensively." image

"If the GM is looking for a true point guard (most likely clippers,warriors) then I would grab Terry. "

Ron Artest:

"I look for Artest to be a late lottery pick at best. However, a team picking him early in the lottery might not be making a terrible mistake if they desperately need leadership." image

Stromile Swift:
"There are few downsides with Swift. He has, occasionally, had his concentration drift in games -- and has a tendency to occasionally overextend defensively and pick up a silly foul or two -- but that will correct itself as he gains maturity."

Marcus Fizer:

"Marcus Fizer is the best player in this years NBA Draft. When all is said and done Fizer will be head and shoulders above Kenyon Martin. He is the complete package. I see him scoring 22 ppg and grabbing 12 rebounds a game in a few years."

Darius Miles:
"Darius Miles is a very interesting player. Many compare him to Kevin Garnett, but he appears to be closer to a kobe Bryant type of player."

Chris Mihm:
"Mihm is unarguably the best center in the draft. Many compare his game to LaFrentz, but Chris has the ability and skill to be a very good to dominate player in the NBA. Mihm's ability to hit the 15 to 18 foot jumper, give the team drafting him to run a more guard oriented offense because Chris is such a good passer. Chris's game could thrive with the Nets or Rockets, but he would become a star for the Bulls due to the fact that Brand will be the focal point in the post. Mihm is a very good rebounder and an excellent shot blocker. Mihm probably will not be taken at the first pick, which would be a shame because his skills could help the Nets."

Kwame Brown:
"Versatile player has the ability to shoot the ball inside and out.... Super athletic runs the floor, jumps out the gym , and has very good quickness .... Good rebounder due in part to his quick leaping ability and long wingspan .... Can handle the basketball very well like a guard and can even lead the fast break .... Good passer recognizes double teams well and makes quick adjustments ... Very good shot-blocker can cover a lot of area ....Can make the 17 foot jumper with some consistency and has even shown the ability to shot off the dribble ... Has a nice soft touch around the basket ..... Unlike most young players Brown understands what he can and can't do"

Amare Stoudemire:

Stoudemire has said he literally doesn't know how to play the game. But he's got admirers. "Every time I've seen him, he's played hard," says a Pacific evaluator. "He's much more competitive than any of those (high school) guys from last year, probably because he's been kicked around. He's probably a little older than they were at that stage. He's got a motor. He's got a high give a (bleep) meter." But there's that gnawing problem about not knowing how to play. At all-star games, scouts say he had problems remembering the plays. And some wonder about whether he'll know how to work hard to improve during his career, or whether he'll think he's arrived on draft night. "You really have to study him and bring him in," says a Midwest exec. "All I've seen him do is dunk the ball. But you have to look at him."
David Aldridge - ESPN.com

Darko Milicic:
Skill-wise, Milicic may be the best player in the draft. He is not the athlete James and Anthony are, but he is a good shooter whose game is more suited to the NBA than to the European leagues. He would be deadly in the NBA pick-and-rolls, and he is athletic enough to create off of isolations, which are not common in European basketball. He aslo can run the floor and finish fast breaks.

Chris Bosh:
Bosh's workout with the Pistons raised a few eyebrows. GM Joe Dumars said last week that the team would draft Darko Milicic with the second pick in the draft. However, Bosh wanted to work out for the Pistons anyway. He left everyone on the staff very impressed. image

"He's going to be a real special player," one Pistons source told Insider. "He reminds me of kind of a young Tim Duncan. He's just so solid fundamentally. His ability to play both inside and outside is very intriguing. And, he's a great young man."

[pic - click to view]

2004 Mock Draft

[pic - click to view]

76 comments for "Retro NBA Draft scouting reports :ehhh:"

6 years ago '07        #2
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19983 19983
@ Marcus Fizer
 6 years ago '07        #3
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
they really gassed reeves up
 6 years ago '10        #4
getshook8 2 heat pts
space
space
$827 | Props total: 0 0
some of these had me
 6 years ago '04        #5
purtayboi 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,564 | Props total: 3372 3372
geeeez Big Country
 6 years ago '10        #6
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,731 | Props total: 19626 19626
Delete this thread now.
 6 years ago '11        #7
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
I guess this is what makes experts "experts".
 6 years ago '06        #8
I smoke crack 
space
space
space
$420 | Props total: 5 5
Darius miles
 6 years ago '09        #9
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,654 | Props total: 2764 2764
 purtayboi said:
geeeez Big Country
Break the backboard in college=automatic NBA Contract
 07-06-2011, 11:20 AM         #10
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ray Allen:
"Allen is probably more of a scorer than a natural shooter, but he can hit from long distance." -Phil Bedard

"I dont think he's a 'frenchise player', but could become a great second-option on a good team, in the mold of Kandall Gill or a 'calmer' John Starks." -Eiro Monitz
 6 years ago '05        #11
s4s|M 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$12,056 | Props total: 0 0
damn detroit, yall had your mind set on darko and bosh tried to give you a second chance

6 years ago '06        #12
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,488 | Props total: 17932 17932
The thing is you never know how hard someone going to work once they get to the league. Players get lazy n lose focus others like Kobe just keep getting better.
 6 years ago '09        #13
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
wait till kyrie is a bust and we will remember the outrageous scouting report for him...shoulda drafted dwill at 1
 6 years ago '05        #14
kingpin222 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,691 | Props total: 2235 2235
It's cool seeing the players growth. Some of those players looked like that when they first came out, don't forget Kobe only put up about 7 points his first year and 15 the next. And Big Country had some aiight numbers he was a 15/9 scorer before his weight got out of hand. In 2011 he'd be a starting center and probably an all star center
 07-06-2011, 11:42 AM         #15
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pistol Peter said:
they really gassed reeves up
Why do people think Reeves was a bum? He was cold before his injuries. He averaged 16 and 8 for a couple of years. Scouting report was right.
 6 years ago '10        #16
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
"Jason Terry is not a Jet"

the irony in that sh*t
 6 years ago '10        #17
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,731 | Props total: 19626 19626
 s4s said:
damn detroit, yall had your mind set on darko and bosh tried to give you a second chance

Chill out.
 6 years ago '09        #18
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,654 | Props total: 2764 2764
 Tempus # 1 said:
Why do people think Reeves was a bum? He was cold before his injuries. He averaged 16 and 8 for a couple of years. Scouting report was right.
This is true, he was a serviceable option for Shareef when the Grizz was in Vancouver.
 6 years ago '09        #19
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,414 | Props total: 12357 12357
I guess the closest ones to right was Amare and Bosh. The rest were just absolute dumbsh*t. Maybe Odom's was right if he was blessed with KG's passion and work ethic or picked it up from day one in the nba but he didnt.
 6 years ago '09        #20
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,414 | Props total: 12357 12357
 Tempus # 1 said:
Yeah, Big Country was solid before he had the injuries. Not the great player some people thought he was gonna be but definitely solid.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
72 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
45 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
80 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy