redbox/debit cards

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
69 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
52 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-12-2011, 08:16 PM         #161
J-R 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GameChanger said:
ok sh*t is about to get real.

this is my wifi alias. dont worry about who this is.

I got the Kmart Gift card (and if this dont work im fu*ked cuz i can only use it at kmart)

and i dont see any option for a zipcode input with these kmarts......

if this dont work im trying one more card and im done. somebody else can try the walmart greendots.

and GREENDOTS DO WORK. but it varies because theres SO MANY DIFFERENT GREENDOTS. Kmart and Walmart both have their own greendots in addition to the "general" greendot cards.

and ive heard of people punching in their real SSN and waiting for the real card to come and then it works, but im not that desperate.

yet.

better use that gift card to buy a pre-paid debit card
 11-12-2011, 08:19 PM         #162
GameChanger 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J-R said:
better use that gift card to buy a pre-paid debit card
cant. realized i fu*ked up before i left the store and went back and they wouldnt even. i could only buy the other cards they had with debit or cash.

and this is becoming a rule now, so if you find a store/guy that will let you use your leftover credit to buy more cards you better stick with it.
 6 years ago '06        #163
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$9,208 | Props total: 2058 2058
So does anyone think target visa cards would work?
 11-12-2011, 08:29 PM         #164
J-R 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GameChanger said:
cant. realized i fu*ked up before i left the store and went back and they wouldnt even. i could only buy the other cards they had with debit or cash.

and this is becoming a rule now, so if you find a store/guy that will let you use your leftover credit to buy more cards you better stick with it.
well do this you got the giftcard right? buy something with it at kmart then just return it with the receipt and thy should give you cash...i used to do it at wallmart all the time usually when yoy dont have receipt they give you store cred with receipt money back. easy squeeze lemon peezey
 11-12-2011, 08:31 PM         #165
GameChanger 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J-R said:
well do this you got the giftcard right? buy something with it at kmart then just return it with the receipt and thy should give you cash...i used to do it at wallmart all the time usually when yoy dont have receipt they give you store cred with receipt money back. easy squeeze lemon peezey
whoa, good lookin out. might have to grab the item today, and come back tomorrow. be too suspicious if i did it all in one go (already tried to return the card today)

sucks cuz if i do that, i cant get to the other place to get the last card i wanted to try tonight. meh, i probably wont make it anyway. call weedman and rendezvous with yall tomorrow
 11-12-2011, 08:40 PM         #166
GameChanger 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TreZ said:
So does anyone think target visa cards would work?
only one way to find out....
 11-12-2011, 08:42 PM         #167
GameChanger 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ps: they might be on some bullsh*t like "we can only put in back on the card"

i wouldnt be suprised.
 6 years ago '06        #168
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
Target visa card didn't work either :/
 6 years ago '07        #169
ricky_peso 
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 155 155
If you can't figure this sh*t out by reading theses pages and putting two and two together then you shouldn't even bother

Props to phicmagic even though he hoed my inbox if you read his post and throw in a couple other people post in here you can figure it out

Last edited by ricky_peso; 11-12-2011 at 09:30 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #170
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
im doing this in the morning some1 just tell me the card that works pm a n*gga or something
 6 years ago '06        #171
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
I give up I tried the vanilla visas ans that didn't work I tried a target visa where you only enter a zip code and that did t work. I reserve the game then go pick it up and it says they can't authorize the card. Fail on my end
 11-12-2011, 09:51 PM         #172
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ricky_peso said:
If you can't figure this sh*t out by reading theses pages and putting two and two together then you shouldn't even bother

Props to phicmagic even though he hoed my inbox if you read his post and throw in a couple other people post in here you can figure it out
pretty much ready to blow this sh*t up. doesnt even matter if the topic is deleted because cant everyone do it. and TRUST me, alot of people felt the pinch when redbox upgraded thier authorization service.

ask the illcommunity, theyve been on this sh*t 10x harder than us, and most people over there got cut off the day after mw3 dropped.

edit: thanks for your help boxden. i know a few, just a few people still gettin games are on that high and mighty sh*t so im not gonna even bother with them if they dont want to share here, its probably for the best they do any true methods via PM for better transparency/less confusion.. their info doesnt help if the card isnt availible. be back tomorrow and im done too. quit while im barely ahead.

anyone wanna drop info on how redbox authorizes cards, gon head.....

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 11-13-2011 at 01:16 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #173
moe4484 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,661 | Props total: 1132 1132
 ricky_peso said:

I agree except for the fact that its hit or miss with the cards. I know how to set up a redbox account and reserve games just not which card. Shoot a n*gga a PM and let me know what you used
 6 years ago '06        #174
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
This is what it says on my card

REDBOX *DVDRESERVATION REDBOX *DVDRESERVATION 866-733-2693 , IL Reference: 081317121043570 360100 POSPreAuth POSPreAuth:Checking:NoAccount

So would cards work that have a checking account?
 11-12-2011, 10:12 PM         #175
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TreZ said:

REDBOX *DVDRESERVATION REDBOX *DVDRESERVATION 866-733-2693 , IL Reference: 081317121043570 360100 POSPreAuth POSPreAuth:Checking:NoAccount

maybe.

from what i know, on how authorization works. Redbox sends a fee to the card thats over the rental (how much i dont know) kinda like checking the limit, and if the card is below limit, it wont authorize.

step 2 of authorization is the zip codes, and the 4 numbers on a street address. thats why you have the punch in the info and cant leave a card blank.

what im thinking is that all these diff banks got different "limits" on their prepaid cards even tho you put in only $10 or $25

step 3 of authorization is the first 6 digits of any and all credit cards, known as the BIN number. The first 6 digits basically tell the merchant (aka Redbox) what bank the card is coming from.

NOW, theres companies that have databases for BINs and they sell them to companies so the merchant (aka Redbox) can check the BINs for fraud and other things.

SOME DATABASES ARE MORE UPDATED THAN OTHERS. Theres a bunch of BIN databases you check but some are more updated than others, depending basically how big the companies

big company = big database

small company = small database

BASICALLY

what im saying is Redbox updates, or checks with these companies to update which BINs to accept and which to deny.

which is why some cards works before and then stopped working, probably once Redbox updated it.

UPDATING THIS DATABASE COSTS MONEY AND RESOURCES.

Which is probably why some cards work and others dont.

Get the right card that isnt in Redbox's Fraud BIN list and VOILA. CHEAP GAMES.

So saying you need a "Vanilla Visa" isnt gonna work anymore, lots of different companies or bank use cards and then slap a "Visa" or "Mastercard" to insure buyer confidence, but those labels dont really matter. Its about the bank that issused you that card/credit.

it just has to be the right card with the right bank.

I know 98% of the people that come in this topic dont care about any of this, im basically waiting for people to prove me wrong, but until that happens, there you go.

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 11-12-2011 at 10:17 PM..
 11-12-2011, 11:48 PM         #176
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TreZ said:

One more thing, done for the day.

What prepaid cards act like checking accounts? Or act like true debit accounts/cards

Maybe I check the info on my old debit mastercards.....

[spoiler - click to view]

11-12-2011, 11:51 PM         #177
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its a Debit Card.

It's gonna be a debit card.

Peroid.
 11-13-2011, 12:10 AM         #178
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Your Debit Card purchase must be an online or signature-based purchase that does not require a PIN (personal identification number). Some merchant locations offer you the option of choosing "Credit" or "ATM/Debit" when making a payment. To qualify for cash back, you must choose "Credit".

Hint: Thats the type of card its gonna have to be. btw.
[spoiler - click to view]

Maybe I stop now.....save myself from myself......its just fu*king redbox for godsakes....of course ive never done anything like this before....of course not....

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 11-13-2011 at 12:12 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #179
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
i give up just going to go buy skyrim
 11-13-2011, 12:19 AM         #180
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TreZ said:
i give up just going to go buy skyrim
yea. lets not....its not like we can crack this and get other things like tvs and sh*t.

probably not

not with debit cads with low limits. no we cannot.

lets. yes. we will stop here. i still have uncharted 3.....
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy