Lets Be Real, Ice Cube >>> 2Pac

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
149 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
190 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-03-2011, 09:48 PM         #101
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D.S.O.M. said:
I cant agree

Pac had more versatility which makes him the better artist
Bottom line.
 6 years ago '07        #102
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,831 | Props total: 4807 4807
 big blak afrika said:
The guy made the argument pac wasn't around anybody doing anything, pac's auntie is thought to be a terrorist. You don't think his mother told him about his auntie? Plus who knows what his mother saw or was involved in. You people are in such a rush to discredit him that you're not talking the time to use logic.
if u learn tha history of tha panthers,this is info u can learn.if u need hollywood to teach u,start wit tha movie panther

y speculate on what his mom mighta told him about lol
 07-03-2011, 09:52 PM         #103
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
if u learn tha history of tha panthers,this is info u can learn.if u need hollywood to teach u,start wit tha movie panther

y speculate on what his mom mighta told him about lol
It's a safe a.ssumption. Think about pac a man who wrote militant rhymes he's not going to ask about the woman who's thought to be the most militant of his family members. You could see the influence from what the panthers was thought to stand for in his first two albums.
 6 years ago '07        #104
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
I was just watching Ice cube's movie on TV. The football movie set nearby in Minden.

They're both great artists but Tupac took his persona as a rapper a little further than Cube. He also called Cube out on the "Bow Down" song(which I loved in the 90s) and said he bit from the Hit Em Up hype and sound. I don't know what to think about this exclamation since they both came with similar content. I think he was just feeling himself a little too much. From this, we can deduct the fact that Tupac was more known for speaking his mind, whether right or wrong. This introspective trait allowed his fans to peer into his soul a little more.

Production set them apart as did work ethic. It's obvious that Pac damn near slept in the studio and inhaled his music. Many of the songs that were released posthumously have given Pac the edge over his contemporaries. It's as if he had an unreleased album for each released album that was just as interesting to listen to.

Plus, in music, we like to think of Pac as the tragic hero. Since Cube's life didn't flow by on some epic tale, we don't find his career as exciting in hindsight.
 07-03-2011, 09:55 PM         #105
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This all besides the point. In the end Pac was a better rapper than cube, had a bigger impact than anybody, had a wider influence than anybody, and had a better work ethic than anybody. Which is why he's considered the goat.
 6 years ago '04        #106
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$8,545 | Props total: 2799 2799
 big blak afrika said:
Bottom line.

is versatility more important than pioneering tho?

Tons of rappers is more versatile than Rakim. Are they better artists? I find it amazing how yall can downplay the importance of some of the sh*t Ice cube was doing. I mean just for Cube to come in in 1988 and be like 'crazy mothefu*ka named Ice cube. From a gang called n*ggas with attitude. When Im called off, I got a sawed off. Pull the trigga, and bodies are hauled off' Thats some grounbreaking a.ss sh*t. Got lil white bi*ches remaking it 20 years later

[video - click to view]

and for all the versatility Pac had (which isnt that more more than cube) Cubes albums are better
 6 years ago '07        #107
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 big blak afrika said:
It's a safe a.ssumption. Think about pac a man who wrote militant rhymes he's not going to ask about the woman who's thought to be the most militant of his family members. You could see the influence from what the panthers was thought to stand for in his first two albums.
like i said.yall dudes reach for anything.by pacs birth,tha party was ova.thats tha bottom line.ice was much more vocal about white america than pac eva was
 07-03-2011, 10:00 PM         #108
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
is versatility more important than pioneering tho?

Tons of rappers is more versatile than Rakim. Are they better artists? I find it amazing how yall can downplay the importance of some of the sh*t Ice cube was doing. I mean just for Cube to come in in 1988 and be like 'crazy mothefu*ka named Ice cube. From a gang called n*ggas with attitude. When Im called off, I got a sawed off. Pull the trigga, and bodies are hauled off' Thats some grounbreaking a.ss sh*t. Got lil white bi*ches remaking it 20 years later

and for all the versatility Pac had (which isnt that more more than cube) Cubes albums are better
You like cube's albums more that doesn't make them better. I'm not downplaying anything. The first people who made rap where saying simple a.ss rhymes because they pioneered it does that make them the best. Pac did what cube did and more.
 07-03-2011, 10:01 PM         #109
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
like i said.yall dudes reach for anything.by pacs birth,tha party was ova.thats tha bottom line.ice was much more vocal about white america than pac eva was
So because the party was over it was spoken about again and pac couldn't draw influence from it? You're right "dudes" will reach for anything "dude"
 6 years ago '04        #110
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
 big blak afrika said:
You like cube's albums more that doesn't make them better. I'm not downplaying anything. The first people who made rap where saying simple a.ss rhymes because they pioneered it does that make them the best. Pac did what cube did and more.
No it doest make them the best

but its a plus on their behalf tho

Like you could take Run-DMC and lyrically theyre below average and the albums, most of em when you listen to them theyre kind of hit and miss. But you got to give them their just due because the started A LOT of sh*t and got classics

Now with Cube and Pac, Pacs not even a better rapper than Ice Cube. Theyre about even technically speaking. Pacs slightly more versatile, but Ice Cube is a pioneer. And he fathered a ton of sh*t pac did in his rhymes

and to me, thats more important than a slight bit more versatility

especially given that Cubes albums are better. . .
 6 years ago '07        #111
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 big blak afrika said:
So because the party was over it was spoken about again and pac couldn't draw influence from it? You're right "dudes" will reach for anything "dude"
i draw from tha panthers and i wasnt raised in it,so whats your point lol

listen dude,idolize brothas like john carlos and tommy smith,not 2pac
 6 years ago '07        #112
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
Props to Ice-T
 07-03-2011, 10:10 PM         #113
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:

I don't idolize any person. You can draw from the panthers but not in the way of someone who was actually raised by one.
 6 years ago '06        #114
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,949 | Props total: 13571 13571
ice cube = best rapper ever!
 07-03-2011, 10:12 PM         #115
kiTHCen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:

this. Word.
 07-03-2011, 10:17 PM         #116
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
No it doest make them the best

but its a plus on their behalf tho

Like you could take Run-DMC and lyrically theyre below average and the albums, most of em when you listen to them theyre kind of hit and miss. But you got to give them their just due because the started A LOT of sh*t and got classics

Now with Cube and Pac, Pacs not even a better rapper than Ice Cube. Theyre about even technically speaking. Pacs slightly more versatile, but Ice Cube is a pioneer. And he fathered a ton of sh*t pac did in his rhymes

and to me, thats more important than a slight bit more versatility

especially given that Cubes albums are better. . .
A slight bit more versatility? Pac reached women a huge group of people cube never did. That's a lot more vesatility. Once again just because you say cube's albums are better doesn't mean they are.
 6 years ago '04        #117
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,958 | Props total: 1094 1094
 big blak afrika said:
This all besides the point. In the end Pac was a better rapper than cube, had a bigger impact than anybody, had a wider influence than anybody, and had a better work ethic than anybody. Which is why he's considered the goat.
Pac was not a better rapper than Cube, he just had more successful commercial singles. Pac also did not have a bigger impact than Cube. NWA changed the game forever. Pac's influence was based on controversy. When Pac was on his revolutionary sh*t, nobody gave a fu*k about him. When he joined death Row and started calling out a bunch of people who never said or did sh*t to him, that's when his career skyrocketed. And last but not least, all that work ethic sh*t is overrated when it comes to Pac. Just because Cube didn't rush through his songs in 15 mins, doesn't make him any less of an artist. Out of all those unreleased Pac joints, how many of them to people really care about that don't mention another rapper's name?

And since we're talking about concept songs, "Ghetto Vet" is doper than any concept song Pac ever made, including "Me and my girlfriend".

[video - click to view]

07-03-2011, 10:23 PM         #118
Shakezula714 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i agree Cube>>>>Pac....
 07-03-2011, 10:24 PM         #119
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BackBlock_OG said:
Pac was not a better rapper than Cube, he just had more successful commercial singles. Pac also did not have a bigger impact than Cube. NWA changed the game forever. Pac's influence was based on controversy. When Pac was on his revolutionary sh*t, nobody gave a fu*k about him. When he joined death Row and started calling out a bunch of people who never said or did sh*t to him, that's when his career skyrocketed. And last but not least, all that work ethic sh*t is overrated when it comes to Pac. Just because Cube didn't rush through his songs in 15 mins, doesn't make him any less of an artist. Out of all those unreleased Pac joints, how many of them to people really care about that don't mention another rapper's name?

And since we're talking about concept songs, "Ghetto Vet" is doper than any concept song Pac ever made, including "Me and my girlfriend".

Just because y'all didn't care when he was on his militant sh*t doesn't mean no one did. Pac brought legitimacy to a whole genre of music. He brought the plight of women a story that had up until that point had gone untold to the forefront. His music is more powerful than anyone else's who has ever rapped.

Last edited by big blak afrika; 07-03-2011 at 10:28 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #120
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
 big blak afrika said:
A slight bit more versatility? Pac reached women a huge group of people cube never did. That's a lot more vesatility. Once again just because you say cube's albums are better doesn't mean they are.

yes a slight bit more versatility. . .as in, there maybe one topic at best that Pac touched on that cube didnt BEFORE PAC

answer me this. . .was you older than a lil kid when Ice cube was coming up? if so, how excited could you be that Pac was a making a song like White Mans World when cube did that sh*t better like 5 years earlier?

and actually, they are better because I say theyre better. . .its called an opinion lil dude. Music threads are usually full of them
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
74 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
173 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
75 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy