Lets Be Real, Ice Cube >>> 2Pac

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
37 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #61
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
I cosign this to the 10th power.

death Certificate is better than anything that boy Pac ever put out.
 07-03-2011, 08:31 PM         #62
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
right, cause you know pacs intentions. . .and its really not that deep either way

like i said its a pretty good track with a bitten concept basically, and if you give great MC the concept ahead of time hed come up with something better

and all of this is a digression

cause at the end of the day, Cube still >>> Pac

Amerikkas most wanted>>>> any pac album
death certificate >>> any pac album

And most of Pacs subject matter comes from cube. . .
Pac's subject matter came from being raised around black panthers growing up in some of the most dangerous hoods in America. If cube is so much better why isn't he remembered as such? Dear mama is in the library of congress where's cube's songs in libraries? At the end of the day all you have is this >>>>>>>>>>>> and a misunderstanding of the word biting. You haven't said anything.
 6 years ago '06        #63
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 8935 8935
lol u n***az claimin ny that swarmed this hatin a** n***az thread r jus provin y pac won?
u n***az is still mad that pac went in on the east so ova a decade later, u try ya best 2 go on a smear campaign 2 smear pac's goat status wit shock threads n anyway possible. jus stop. ny n upnorth/eastcoast d**kridahs gets more pathetic as time goes on. even big would b ashamed n look @ u like if he saw this bulls**t thread n saw sum of the clown s**t in this thread

Last edited by waytoomuch; 07-03-2011 at 08:40 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #64
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$8,561 | Props total: 2831 2831
 big blak afrika said:
Pac's subject matter came from being raised around black panthers growing up in some of the most dangerous hoods in America. If cube is so much better why isn't he remembered as such? Dear mama is in the library of congress where's cube's songs in libraries? At the end of the day all you have is this >>>>>>>>>>>> and a misunderstanding of the word biting. You haven't said anything.

hes not remembered that way because hes not dead

period

if he woulda died after say. . .The Predator or maybe Lethal Injection, Cube would have been known as the realest fu*kin rapper ever. Bar none.

by the same token, nobody was sayin Pac was the GOAT until he started having all this side drama out side of music and ultimately died. n*ggas fell in love with the image pac portrayed and after he died, they acting like Pac was the best rapper ever.

The difference is tho, people thought Cube was the rawest n*gga to rhyme while he was still alive
 6 years ago '04        #65
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
actually, not bar none

him and KRS-1. . .i ha dthem kinda neck and neck with KRS getting the edge i guess
 07-03-2011, 08:46 PM         #66
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:

period

if he woulda died after say. . .The Predator or maybe Lethal Injection, Cube would have been known as the realest fu*kin rapper ever. Bar none.

by the same token, nobody was sayin Pac was the GOAT until he started having all this side drama out side of music and ultimately died. n*ggas fell in love with the image pac portrayed and after he died, they acting like Pac was the best rapper ever.

The difference is tho, people thought Cube was the rawest n*gga to rhyme while he was still alive
So the library of congress put pac's song in the library because he's dead? People started calling Pac the goat after dear mama.
 07-03-2011, 08:47 PM         #67
kiTHCen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:

period

This right here is the truth i subscribe to in this matter. Pac was a "gangsta rapper". An incredibly talented individual who played into his "gangsta role" because this is an image he knew would sell. And It did.
 6 years ago '07        #68
placez 
space
space
space
$165 | Props total: 27 27
compare the people cube put on to the people pac put on
 07-03-2011, 08:52 PM         #69
kiTHCen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 big blak afrika said:
So the library of congress put pac's song in the library because he's dead? People started calling Pac the goat after dear mama.
I think you are mistaking the point in the government saving these songs man.
Like they actually sat down and thought that sh*t through with an esteemed panel hip hop elite.
 6 years ago '04        #70
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
 big blak afrika said:

n*gga please

NOBODY called Pac the goat after dear mama

in fact. . .just a quick sidebar. The whole idea of GOAT wasnt even really a common discussion at that time. More often than not the arguments was just MCs vs their peers.

At the time i dont think i EVER heard anyone even say pac was the best rapper out at that time. Doubtful that his name even gets mentioned. And if you think n*ggas was putting Pacs name over people like rakim, krs, LL etc off the stregth of two moderately popular albums and a couple hot single, you are beyond hope in this discussion

and yes, the library of congress put his music in there because Pac was a dead icon. . .no question
 6 years ago '10        #71
GBREEZE 260 heat pts260
space
space
$12,096 | Props total: 7454 7454
 07-03-2011, 08:57 PM         #72
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kiTHCen said:
I think you are mistaking the point in the government saving these songs man.
Like they actually sat down and thought that sh*t through with an esteemed panel hip hop elite.
That's the point. Pac made people who have no respect for the art form respect it or at least acknowledge as an art form. Was pac the first to make a hip hop song about his mom probably not but because of him being so visible in the mainstream and because of how powerful that record was, people said o.k. maybe this isn't just "monkey music" and that's huge.
 07-03-2011, 09:02 PM         #73
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
n*gga please

NOBODY called Pac the goat after dear mama

in fact. . .just a quick sidebar. The whole idea of GOAT wasnt even really a common discussion at that time. More often than not the arguments was just MCs vs their peers.

At the time i dont think i EVER heard anyone even say pac was the best rapper out at that time. Doubtful that his name even gets mentioned. And if you think n*ggas was putting Pacs name over people like rakim, krs, LL etc off the stregth of two moderately popular albums and a couple hot single, you are beyond hope in this discussion

and yes, the library of congress put his music in there because Pac was a dead icon. . .no question
Yeah cause them white folks give a fu*k about a dead black man whether he's an icon or not. Well that's bad news for Chuck D and grand master flash seems they've been dead for quite some time and they don't know it yet. I don't where you stay but in Oakland people where callin pac the greatest.
 6 years ago '04        #74
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
 big blak afrika said:
Yeah cause them white folks give a fu*k about a dead black man whether he's an icon or not. Well that's bad news for Chuck D and grand master flash seems they've been dead for quite some time and they don't know it yet. I don't where you stay but in Oakland people where callin pac the greatest.
lol this post is just silly

of course they care that hes a dead icon. . .Somebody was probably putting pressure somewhere in the chain at the library of congress to include some rap

So they picked the biggest dead icon that they could think of (pac) and included his most famous mainstream song (dear mama). lol wtf. . .most of them n*ggas at the library of congress prolly never never even heard the song, and if they did i doubt they gave a fu*k about it one way or another

LOL! you was thinking them old wrinkly white men was like 'Hmm, ya know that Tupack song Dear Momma is so beautiful I think we should immortalize it. I reminds me of my momma'

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

wake the fu*k up b. . .
 6 years ago '04        #75
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
and Oakland lost. . .

2 gold albums that barely anybody gave a fu*k about when they was out and 2 hit singles and they callin pac the GOAT by 95?

roooooooooofllllllll.. . .stop it b, seriously
 07-03-2011, 09:10 PM         #76
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
lol this post is just silly

of course they care that hes a dead icon. . .Somebody was probably putting pressure somewhere in the chain at the library of congress to include some rap

So they picked the biggest dead icon that they could think of (pac) and included his most famous mainstream song (dear mama). lol wtf. . .most of them n*ggas at the library of congress prolly never never even heard the song, and if they did i doubt they gave a fu*k about it one way or another

LOL! you was thinking them old wrinkly white men was like 'Hmm, ya know that Tupack song Dear Momma is so beautiful I think we should immortalize it. I reminds me of my momma'

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

wake the fu*k up b. . .
Then why is public enemy and grandmaster flash also in it since only the dead apply? You arguing from yo uterus men use logic in arguments.
 6 years ago '07        #77
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4815 4815
 big blak afrika said:
i will always remember cube as bein betta.just as should any knowledgable hip hop fan over 26
cube will neva hav a song in tha library of congress cause he been screamin fu*k them honkys since he was a teen
askin why pac is in tha library and cube isnt is like askin why is dr.kings day a holiday and not malcom x
whites only cannonize certain blacks in this country so take it for what it is
 07-03-2011, 09:12 PM         #78
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
and Oakland lost. . .

2 gold albums that barely anybody gave a fu*k about when they was out and 2 hit singles and they callin pac the GOAT by 95?

roooooooooofllllllll.. . .stop it b, seriously
So Em and jay-z are the greatest because they sell the most? You're done you're starting to put roooofl in all your posts you have nothing left to say without ever even saying anything. Put the computer away you're done.
 6 years ago '04        #79
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
I said only the dead apply? naww

I said tupac's song was included because its the biggest mainstream song from the biggest icon rap got. . .

I fail to see what chuck D, grandmaster flash, 2pac, or the library of congress have to do with any of this

because Ice Cube>>> all of them
 07-03-2011, 09:14 PM         #80
kiTHCen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 big blak afrika said:
That's the point. Pac made people who have no respect for the art form respect it or at least acknowledge as an art form. Was pac the first to make a hip hop song about his mom probably not but because of him being so visible in the mainstream and because of how powerful that record was, people said o.k. maybe this isn't just "monkey music" and that's huge.
Ummm no.
n*gga thats what YOU want the point to be. MY POINT was, you bring in that statistic like its valid, when i dont feel like it holds any weight. You are bringing CONGRESS into a rap argument, what do they really know, besides what billboard says.

In essence if you want to include that, how gangsta are you if congress is saying "great song brother". FOH
they dont archive sh*t from an album "amerikkkas most wanted"
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
37 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
71 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
245 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
94 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
108 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy