Lets Be Real, Ice Cube >>> 2Pac

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
26 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
73 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-03-2011, 07:25 PM         #41
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
of course.which is y i know it aint no comparison.pac had tha more meaningful singles,but thats about tha only category he is betta than ice in.

"ya wanna free africa,i'll stare at ya,
cause we aint got it to good in america"

kids like u cant even begin to comprehend a line like that.ice was 1 of tha few dudes really puttin america on blast b4 it was cool to do it

and how tha hell u gonna talk about pac upliftin women when he went to jail for rapin a bi*ch
Yeah cause I take everything the women and police say as gospel. I don't think you do know what an artist is. There's a lot of rappers better than pac but there isn't one hip hop artist better than he was. An artist makes an impact on a wide array of people, cube didn't have the versatility to do so to the extent of pac. No one does.
 07-03-2011, 07:28 PM         #42
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
they can do what they want

but im not giving them props for being extra creative with it if its really fu*kin clear that they took the idea from Nas. . .i mean really how difficult is this to grasp?

At first I didnt even give Nas that much credit because I thought he basically took the concept from OK. Monche said later tho that him and Nas talked and Nas was like he didnt even realize OK had a song like that
I'm not giving him credit for being creative. I'm saying if you hop in a time machine, go back call cube in his prime and tell him to make a song with that concept he wouldn't be able to. He wasn't a good enough rapper to execute the idea.
 6 years ago '04        #43
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 big blak afrika said:
Yeah cause I take everything the women and police say as gospel. I don't think you do know what an artist is. There's a lot of rappers better than pac but there isn't one hip hop artist better than he was. An artist makes an impact on a wide array of people, cube didn't have the versatility to do so to the extent of pac. No one does.
time out.
thats like saying drake is an better artist then almost everybody in rap because he sings/raps well(at least on songs).

so what are y'all arguing about. who is the better rapper or the better artist
 6 years ago '07        #44
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 big blak afrika said:
versatility in terms of what?flow,songs?damn near every last pac flow is tha damn same,and alotta his rhymes are repetitive.majority of pacs content,u can find in ice's catalogue
 07-03-2011, 07:33 PM         #45
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
time out.
thats like saying drake is an better artist then almost everybody in rap because he sings/raps well(at least on songs).

so what are y'all arguing about. who is the better rapper or the better artist
No it isn't because drake doesn't have the substance and isn't thought provoking. Drake doesn't say anything that makes me say is that true? If it is what does that say about my environment and how I should react to it.
 6 years ago '07        #46
N.O.4Life 45 heat pts45
space
space
$19,645 | Props total: 10703 10703
 abstractq said:
Cube wouldnt say it now, cause Pac is fu*kin dead

if Pac was alive, first of all nobody would be calling Pac goat anyway. And second, cube wouldnt have no problem saying he was better than Pac
Cube wouldn't have said that sh*t then.Cause its not true.Pac had way more depth as an artist than cube.MATW >> Anything Cube ever and will do
 07-03-2011, 07:38 PM         #47
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
versatility in terms of what?flow,songs?damn near every last pac flow is tha damn same,and alotta his rhymes are repetitive.majority of pacs content,u can find in ice's catalogue
Exactly a majority. Which is why this comparison isn't a landslide in pac's favor. I think cube is one of the best hip hop artists of all time, I think the gangsta rap title was the best thing for his pockets but the worst for his legacy cause uninformed people put him in a box. However cube didn't touch on all of the things pac did pac took it further than cube and imo was a better rapper than cube so that's why he has the edge.
 6 years ago '04        #48
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 big blak afrika said:
No it isn't because drake doesn't have the substance and isn't thought provoking. Drake doesn't say anything that makes me say is that true? If it is what does that say about my environment and how I should react to it.
j.cole has substance and thought provoking and majority of people think drake is better because he can impact a wide array of people
 6 years ago '04        #49
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$8,564 | Props total: 2835 2835
 big blak afrika said:
I'm not giving him credit for being creative. I'm saying if you hop in a time machine, go back call cube in his prime and tell him to make a song with that concept he wouldn't be able to. He wasn't a good enough rapper to execute the idea.

he'd be able to do it if he listened to Nas, went in the studio and blatantly bit his concept tho

i'd like to think any of the great MCs has enough talent where they could do something like that

how hard do you think that is?
 6 years ago '04        #50
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
 Blacknitro said:
It's obvious that you and alot of people in this thread never heard a Cube album.

Amerikkkas Most Wanted and death Certificate>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any 2pac album and that sh*t ain't even close. Most people don't even know which 2pac album is his best, bcuz none of them are a masterpiece. Pacs albums only considered classic bcuz of sales. Cube's first two LP-albums were barely going platinum and were still praised. But when Pac struggled to go platinum he was largely ignored. :lachen001:

But like I said, they'd prolly both make my top 5, but it's definitly Cube>>>>>>Pac.

this is pretty much EXACTLY how i feel

IMO none of Pacs albums are what you would call classic on their own. n*ggas went back after pac died and started relabeling his sh*t, but Pacs albums was good, not great and certainly not classic
 07-03-2011, 07:42 PM         #51
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
j.cole has substance and thought provoking and majority of people think drake is better because he can impact a wide array of people
Drake appeals to a wide array of people. I don't know if he impacts them, you would have to ask one of his fans I suppose.
 07-03-2011, 07:44 PM         #52
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
he'd be able to do it if he listened to Nas, went in the studio and blatantly bit his concept tho

i'd like to think any of the great MCs has enough talent where they could do something like that

how hard do you think that is?
I don't think it's as easy as you think it is. I don't think cube would be able to pull it off.
 6 years ago '04        #53
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
 big blak afrika said:
I don't think it's as easy as you think it is. I don't think cube would be able to pull it off.
why tho?

what part of it is tricky exactly once you eliminate the creativity of excecuting the concept, which is stolen anyway?

its not a lyrically difficult track to do. Minus the stolen concept its basically a storytelling track. Its a pretty good story and all, but Cube storytellin abilities>>>Pac's

Any great MC with storytelling abilities should be able to come up with something just as dope
 6 years ago '07        #54
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 big blak afrika said:
Exactly a majority. Which is why this comparison isn't a landslide in pac's favor. I think cube is one of the best hip hop artists of all time, I think the gangsta rap title was the best thing for his pockets but the worst for his legacy cause uninformed people put him in a box. However cube didn't touch on all of the things pac did pac took it further than cube and imo was a better rapper than cube so that's why he has the edge.
tha songs that seperate pac,like brenda's got a baby,dear mama,etc are few and far btwn,and its stuff that ice wouldnt touch on because he came in a different climate.his climate was more racially motivated which is y alot of his music takes aim at white america,and tha conditions in tha ghetto.and those are topics that pac neva really touched on

"i dont bang i write tha good rhymes,
tha whole scenery reminded me of good times
i dont like to feel like im put in a rut
by a young n*gga,that need to pull his pants up" ice

big blak afrika said:
lets see pac do gangsta fairytale or what can i do
 07-03-2011, 07:58 PM         #55
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
why tho?

what part of it is tricky exactly once you eliminate the creativity of excecuting the concept, which is stolen anyway?

its not a lyrically difficult track to do. Minus the stolen concept its basically a storytelling track. Its a pretty good story and all, but Cube storytellin abilities>>>Pac's

Any great MC with storytelling abilities should be able to come up with something just as dope
I don't think cube has enough skill to implement personification into the story. Once you have the concept you still have to come up with instances where you can make a gun into a person. I don't think cube could do that. Also the difference between nas and pac was in I gave you power nas was the gun, in me and my girlfriend pac gun was his girlfriend. Which spoke to the companionship between a person and their girlfriend and also a person and their gun the execution of the concept was different and expanded upon. That's the difference between biting like jay-z and being inspired.
 6 years ago '04        #56
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
 big blak afrika said:
I don't think cube has enough skill to implement personification into the story. Once you have the concept you still have to come up with instances where you can make a gun into a person. I don't think cube could do that. Also the difference between nas and pac was in I gave you power nas was the gun, in me and my girlfriend pac gun was his girlfriend. Which spoke to the companionship between a person and their girlfriend and also a person and their gun the execution of the concept was different and expanded upon. That's the difference between biting like jay-z and being inspired.

lol its a pretty small variation b. . .

you pac cheerleading right now. Me and My Girlfriend is nothing amazing in Pacs catalog on some untouchable sh*t. Its another good song, but be for real (as the title says)
 07-03-2011, 08:10 PM         #57
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
lol its a pretty small variation b. . .

you pac cheerleading right now. Me and My Girlfriend is nothing amazing in Pacs catalog on some untouchable sh*t. Its another good song, but be for real (as the title says)
It seems to be on the surface. If you think about it deeper when you're in a relationship you depend on a person. To be living a life where you have to depend on a tool to k!ll and trust it(an inanimate object) more than people is deep.
 6 years ago '04        #58
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
Im sure you just thought about it deeper than pac did when he wrote that song in 20 minutes. . .
 07-03-2011, 08:15 PM         #59
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
Im sure you just thought about it deeper than pac did when he wrote that song in 20 minutes. . .
No you just didn't think about it deep enough.
 6 years ago '04        #60
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
right, cause you know pacs intentions. . .and its really not that deep either way

like i said its a pretty good track with a bitten concept basically, and if you give great MC the concept ahead of time hed come up with something better

and all of this is a digression

cause at the end of the day, Cube still >>> Pac

Amerikkas most wanted>>>> any pac album
death certificate >>> any pac album

And most of Pacs subject matter comes from cube. . .
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
115 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
124 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
111 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy