Lets Be Real, Ice Cube >>> 2Pac

most viewed right now
 58
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 33
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
85 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 32
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 30
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #21
knowlege bass 
space
avatar space
space
$3,221 | Props total: 563 563
 abstractq said:
Yes I know Cube been wack since We Be Clubbin

Yes I know he makes family movies

but everything Pac gets praise for, Cube did before Pac and did it better. Cube was teh original rebel to america thug n*gga that just didnt give a fu*k before 2pac came and copped his style

Plus unlike 2pac, cube actually got some legitimate 5 mic classic albums under his belt


and, its not like Pacs posthumous discography isnt just as wack as cubes later sh*t
I agree 100% and if Pac was still alive he would also be doing family movies. I think what Pac has over Cube though is his "story" which created a street legend. The real black panther ties, getting shot, beef with one of the other big stars, media coverage over r*pe case and shooting at the under cover cops all led to his legend. Cube on the other hand had some l's, like getting exposed by Cypress Hill and Common. But musically Cube Was that dude.
 6 years ago '04        #22
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2835 2835
 big blak afrika said:
The plight of women not just in the hood but all over the world is part of being socially conscious tho, and cube never touched on that. Nobody did to the extent of pac, that's one of the reasons he's so celebrated. He got people to think about the plight of women in the most chauvinistic and s3xists art forms. Also keep ya head up is about everyone Cube never made inspirational songs like that.

cube spoke on the plight of women in the hood tho

he just wasnt trying to uplift them. But its not like he just didnt notice that aspect of urban life and society

and Today was a Good Day >>>> Keep your head up
 07-03-2011, 06:36 PM         #23
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
cube spoke on the plight of women in the hood tho

he just wasnt trying to uplift them. But its not like he just didnt notice that aspect of urban life and society

and Today was a Good Day >>>> Keep your head up
He called them yamps that ain't speakin on the plight that is the plight. He talked about stds in look who's burning but that's geared towards the men and vilifies women. Today was a good day is a feel good track not an inspirational track. Also Cube could never make a me and my girlfriend he just wasn't good enough.
 6 years ago '04        #24
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2835 2835
Look Who's Burning
Givin up the Nappy Dugout
Its a Mans World

yeaahhhhh Cube touched on that . . .with classics. Like I said he just wasnt trying to uplift women


rofl@ he couldnt have made a me and my girlfriend. . .When Pac couldnt either until Nas showed him the way. . .
 6 years ago '09        #25
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
avatar space
space
$21,714 | Props total: 6210 6210
 abstractq said:
and, its not like Pacs posthumous discography isnt just as wack as cubes later sh*t
You cant judge 2pac on his posthumous albums, they are songs he never signed off on having said that most of them are dope particularly Until the end of time.


[video - click to view]

 6 years ago '04        #26
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2835 2835
 ShadyVsEminem said:
You cant judge 2pac on his his posthumous albums, they are songs he never signed off on having said that most of them are dope particularly Until the end of time

he definitely wrote them lyrics tho. . .


and no theyre all pretty much wack

including until the end of time
 07-03-2011, 06:47 PM         #27
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
Look Who's Burning
Givin up the Nappy Dugout
Its a Mans World

yeaahhhhh Cube touched on that . . .with classics. Like I said he just wasnt trying to uplift women


rofl@ he couldnt have made a me and my girlfriend. . .When Pac couldnt either until Nas showed him the way. . .
Those songs aren't talking about the plight of women their reinforcing it. So nas was in the studio with pac and told him to put what words where. There's a difference between inspiring someone and showing them.
 6 years ago '04        #28
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2835 2835
 big blak afrika said:
Those songs aren't talking about the plight of women their reinforcing it. So nas was in the studio with pac and told him to put what words where. There's a difference between inspiring someone and showing them.
lol@ Nas 'inspiring'

Nas come out with a song in July 96 talking about a gun personified. Pretty well known song

Pac was a Nas fan, he heard the sh*t, went in the studio, took the idea and ran with it and by September he had a song with a gun personified


where im from thats actually called biting. . .but i guess if you wanna use a euphamism, you could say pac was inspired


lol. . .
 6 years ago '07        #29
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4829 4829
this thread gets made once year by a fan wit some knowledge
cube>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.pac

cube should be in everybodys top 3-5
 6 years ago '07        #30
N.O.4Life 45 heat pts45
space
avatar space
space
$19,630 | Props total: 10694 10694
Cube wouldn't even say he's better than Pac.Cube was nice in his day but to say he was better than Pac is jus dumb.
 6 years ago '04        #31
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2835 2835
Cube wouldnt say it now, cause Pac is fu*kin dead

if Pac was alive, first of all nobody would be calling Pac goat anyway. And second, cube wouldnt have no problem saying he was better than Pac
 6 years ago '10        #32
uddart 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 19 19
ROFL at these new kids, 2pac > all day. U still compare 2pacs work with these new cats and old cats that is still alive. 2pacs work is as much as Cubes, and he died in 96.

2pac goat, nuff said
 6 years ago '07        #33
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4829 4829
 N.O.4Life said:
Cube wouldn't even say he's better than Pac.Cube was nice in his day but to say he was better than Pac is jus dumb.
im sure he would cause he is.who's a more talented artist between tha 2 shouldnt even be debateable

"ya wanna free africa,i'll stare at ya,
cause we aint got it to good in america"

my summer vacation,dopeman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a ny pac tale
 07-03-2011, 07:10 PM         #34
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
lol@ Nas 'inspiring'

Nas come out with a song in July 96 talking about a gun personified. Pretty well known song

Pac was a Nas fan, he heard the sh*t, went in the studio, took the idea and ran with it and by September he had a song with a gun personified


where im from thats actually called biting. . .but i guess if you wanna use a euphamism, you could say pac was inspired


lol. . .
Biting is when you take someone's style or their lyrics like jay-z. So everyone is biting off of whoever was the first person to make a song about fu*king a bi*ch, that person now has a monopoly on songs about fu*king bi*ches? Pac got the idea from nas but he made his own song. that's being inspired.
 6 years ago '04        #35
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
avatar space
space
$49,442 | Props total: 6510 6510
 Martel said:
u gonna get a lotta heat for this one! I personally like Ice Cube a lil bit more though
this,


also no rapper would say they was better than pac now because it seems blasphemous to do so
 07-03-2011, 07:14 PM         #36
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
im sure he would cause he is.who's a more talented artist between tha 2 shouldnt even be debateable

"ya wanna free africa,i'll stare at ya,
cause we aint got it to good in america"

my summer vacation,dopeman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a ny pac tale
Do you even know what the word artist means?
 6 years ago '04        #37
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2835 2835
 big blak afrika said:
Biting is when you take someone's style or their lyrics like jay-z. So everyone is biting off of whoever was the first person to make a song about fu*king a bi*ch, that person now has a monopoly on songs about fu*king bi*ches? Pac got the idea from nas but he made his own song. that's being inspired.

you being difficult on purpose now? Or you just viewing the world through Pac-colored glasses?

look b, if someone comes out with a dope a.ss concept for a song, then 2-3 months later another n*gga comes out with basically the same concept and song, thats biting

i mean, i suppose you do have to be inspired by a n*gga to bite him so blatantly, but I aint finna give props to someone for taking the next n*ggas concept. Especially if he didnt do it as good as Nas did anyway. . .
 6 years ago '07        #38
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4829 4829
 big blak afrika said:
Do you even know what the word artist means?
of course.which is y i know it aint no comparison.pac had tha more meaningful singles,but thats about tha only category he is betta than ice in.

"ya wanna free africa,i'll stare at ya,
cause we aint got it to good in america"

kids like u cant even begin to comprehend a line like that.ice was 1 of tha few dudes really puttin america on blast b4 it was cool to do it

and how tha hell u gonna talk about pac upliftin women when he went to jail for rapin a bi*ch
 07-03-2011, 07:20 PM         #39
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
you being difficult on purpose now? Or you just viewing the world through Pac-colored glasses?

look b, if someone comes out with a dope a.ss concept for a song, then 2-3 months later another n*gga comes out with basically the same concept and song, thats biting

i mean, i suppose you do have to be inspired by a n*gga to bite him so blatantly, but I aint finna give props to someone for taking the next n*ggas concept. Especially if he didnt do it as good as Nas did anyway. . .
So what you're saying is nas now has a monopoly on the personification of guns, and no other artist can ever make a song with that concept again? You being stupid on purpose now?
 6 years ago '04        #40
abstractq 5 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2835 2835
 big blak afrika said:
So what you're saying is nas now has a monopoly on the personification of guns, and no other artist can ever make a song with that concept again? You being stupid on purpose now?

they can do what they want

but im not giving them props for being extra creative with it if its really fu*kin clear that they took the idea from Nas. . .i mean really how difficult is this to grasp?

At first I didnt even give Nas that much credit because I thought he basically took the concept from OK. Monche said later tho that him and Nas talked and Nas was like he didnt even realize OK had a song like that
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 5
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 5
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
203 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 4
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
229 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy