[throwback] Joe Rogan Is Gangsta lol Confronted Carlos Mencia For Stealing Jokes

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
400 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #21
GollyI'mGully 69 heat pts69
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 400 400
i don't think rogan is one of the funniest dudes around, but i respect him and watch his podcast often. he just respects and loves comedy so much that he hates people like holness.
 6 years ago '08        #22
bigshock 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,143 | Props total: 0 0
Thanks for this. Had no idea this guy was stealing jokes. The few times I saw him he was funny. Now Ima question anything I hear from this guy. This makes that South Park episode about that joke the kids made (McBoogerballs or something) even more funny. Side note: I think that vid with him saying he steals jokes was sarcasm. Good post though.
 6 years ago '05        #23
Rapjunkie 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,778 | Props total: 16 16
 bony said:
pretentious douche?... coming from the guy that always makes his text green and centered

that was the worst ten minutes of mencia's life hahaha d!ck.
 6 years ago '06        #24
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
george lopez is a hypocrite. theres a video out there of an older comedian who lopez stole that joke from, who says lopez stole it, and that he gave mencia permission to use it, so lopez has no right to really even comment
 6 years ago '09        #25
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,822 | Props total: 721 721
Hate Mencia.

Love Rogan.
 6 years ago '09        #26
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,411 | Props total: 12351 12351
Every comedian steals or borrows jokes. Every comedian does some variation of the same jokes so why these clowns so sensitive. Its more than just the joke that gets the laugh.

Another thing, they are both pussies. Mencia because he was supposed to drop Rogan the moment he came on stage during his show being disrespectful and Rogan because he did it the way he did and then let Mencia repeatedly stand in his face and call him a bi*ch.
 6 years ago '04        #27
GollyI'mGully 69 heat pts69
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 400 400
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Every comedian steals or borrows jokes. Every comedian does some variation of the same jokes so why these clowns so sensitive. Its more than just the joke that gets the laugh.

Another thing, they are both pussies. Mencia because he was supposed to drop Rogan the moment he came on stage during his show being disrespectful and Rogan because he did it the way he did and then let Mencia repeatedly stand in his face and call him a bi*ch.
rogan's a pus*y? he's a black belt in taekwondo, brown belt in bjj and green belt in judo. he would wreck mencia
 6 years ago '06        #28
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478 OP
space
space
$54,880 | Props total: 25647 25647
 SteveMachine said:
rogan's a pus*y? he's a black belt in taekwondo, brown belt in bjj and green belt in judo. he would wreck mencia
This ^^^^^^^
 6 years ago '04        #29
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
 Fly 2ndComing said:

Mencia doesn't do a variation...it's a straight jack. Variation is everyone doing fart and sh*t jokes. Richard Pryor was known for those, and Eddie Murphy and Dave Chappelle followed, but changed the way they told the joke. They're not all the same, just a variation of the same idea.

Straight biting is stealing the exact way a comedian set up a joke and goes for the k!ll, as opposed to just "borrowing" the idea. You're really saying Carlos was doing a "variation" of the chappelle show by just having a live crowd, doing standup in between some sketches, and doing the same material, with the only change being not using the n word?

I've always disliked him for his lack of creativity, and I don't think anyone respects him in the field. No wonder we haven't heard from him, and I was alway disgusted when people said that they thought he was funny.
 6 years ago '10        #30
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
 Fly 2ndComing said:

Side note, anyone that doesn't listen to Joe's podcast on a regular basis is missing out! :agreement6:
 6 years ago '06        #31
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,979 | Props total: 4001 4001
I thought this was common knowledge.

But yes, Rogan is a neanderthal and Mencia is a loser.
 6 years ago '05        #32
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 ghettofire said:

Side note, anyone that doesn't listen to Joe's podcast on a regular basis is missing out! :agreement6:

not for tickling playa
 6 years ago '08        #33
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 256 256
Best story I heard was the dude from Cash Cab, beat up and robbed another comedian for stealing jokes. Don't remember where I heard it though
 6 years ago '10        #34
frankfmoney 10 heat pts10
space
space
$1,382 | Props total: 1 1
 barack obama said:
JOE rogan is the fu*kin man, such a g, i respect this dude cuz he always keeps it real, openly smokes weed everyday, awesome UFC announcer, worked on the dope show fear factor, has a pimpin podcast, hes living the fu*king dream
He co-hosted The Man Show for a little while too didn't he?
 6 years ago '05        #35
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,260 | Props total: 2439 2439
 SteveMachine said:
ya rogan would k!ll mencia in an actual f!ght. dude was heavily involved in martial arts tournaments and even said he would of still been f!ghting if he didnt fu*k up his knee.
 6 years ago '05        #36
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
Rogan is awesome, but why didn't he ever go after Dane Cook? It seems like he picked Mencia because he was on his way out of people actually liking him and people still like Dane Cook quite a bit.
 6 years ago '05        #37
kriskross00 103 heat pts103
space
space
$18,464 | Props total: 15503 15503
 popsjenkins said:
Best story I heard was the dude from Cash Cab, beat up and robbed another comedian for stealing jokes. Don't remember where I heard it though
haaha find it and ill prop u
 6 years ago '05        #38
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
 bony said:
pretentious douche?... coming from the guy that always makes his text green and centered
man, i've never heard that one before
 6 years ago '07        #39
CASH1 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,780 | Props total: 2394 2394
I gotta believe that anyone who watches the UFC is a big Rogan fan. He's one of my favorite commentators ever. He's like the voice of Dana White on the PPVs haha, he just says whatever the fu*k he wants... but he's usually pretty classy. You know Mencia did the deed if Rogan's getting heated about it.
 07-02-2011, 05:38 PM         #40
Ednyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
minute mark ?
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy