Gilbert Arenas explains the lockout

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
162 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 years ago '11        #101
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,802 | Props total: 2667 2667
listen, you all are saying, "well the players are demanding this money because the owners are paying it", but what you aren't getting is, if there is a hard cap, there won't be any money to demand...where is the money-hungry star player going to run to, when everybody else already has there team set, and can't spend over the cap limit? a hard cap basically puts negotiations back in the owners lap...i think they need to find a sweet spot, but as of right now, the hard cap is a better solution than what they have now
 6 years ago '05        #102
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
u guys are all idiots stars are spread out rite now. u guys make it seem like 3 teams have all the talent and everyone else sucks. LOOK WHO WON THE NBA FINALS THIS YEAR no one picked dallas u all crying about fairness just because it sounds good. Life aint fair so why should sports

the bigger market teams have to be better. u think the causal fan will watch nba final with raptors and suprs??? idiots owners only care about money and rather then be fair with the money they wanna r*pe the players and tell u its for the fainess of the game. and u idiots agree with that
 6 years ago '05        #103
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
 wjcorner said:
listen, you all are saying, "well the players are demanding this money because the owners are paying it", but what you aren't getting is, if there is a hard cap, there won't be any money to demand...where is the money-hungry star player going to run to, when everybody else already has there team set, and can't spend over the cap limit? a hard cap basically puts negotiations back in the owners lap...i think they need to find a sweet spot, but as of right now, the hard cap is a better solution than what they have now
no its not why do u think a hard cap will make things better. baseball has no salary cap and no one crying for baseball to do it. nY and boston have all the money but do they win every year??? No small market teams win to its all about your front office . owners just using this hard cap for pr to demand more money without sharing there own local.

who in there rite mind would take a 33 percent pay cut no one here. stop comparing players money to ours cause its not the same at all
 6 years ago '11        #104
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
no its not why do u think a hard cap will make things better. baseball has no salary cap and no one crying for baseball to do it. nY and boston have all the money but do they win every year??? No small market teams win to its all about your front office . owners just using this hard cap for pr to demand more money without sharing there own local.

who in there rite mind would take a 33 percent pay cut no one here. stop comparing players money to ours cause its not the same at all
it's not just about winning, it's about making money...if you don't have an A-Rod, or a Michael Jordan on your team, AND you ain't winning, then nobody is buying the tickets/jerseys/parking spots. this will basically let the small market teams pick up some better stars, and help them retain their draft picks that turn into stars, for lower prices. and I doubt the players take the first offer the NBA comes up with as a solution, that's why it's called negotiations...they just threw an idea out there, now it's time for both parties to negotiate and come to an even exchange(or somewhere near one). Jesus, have none of you ever lived through a lockout/strike before?

and lol @ you thinking these small market teams give two fu*ks about winning over money...like I said before, the hard cap takes some money out the player pool, it's not going to fantasy land n*ggas lol...it's going into the owner's pockets
 6 years ago '05        #105
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
the owners are the one who sign the check. why do they need a hard cap to watch there own spending that fu*king stupid. And quit acting like small market teams doesnt have stars.

and most guys do stay with there teams but even if they dont they dont leave untill there 7 or 8 year that more then enough time to be with a team. there ppl to and if they wanna leave there team after 8 years why da fu*k not. fu*k the owners they just want more money out of my pocket
 6 years ago '11        #106
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
the owners are the one who sign the check. why do they need a hard cap to watch there own spending that fu*king stupid. And quit acting like small market teams doesnt have stars.

and most guys do stay with there teams but even if they dont they dont leave untill there 7 or 8 year that more then enough time to be with a team. there ppl to and if they wanna leave there team after 8 years why da fu*k not. fu*k the owners they just want more money out of my pocket
because, they have no negotiation if the money is there...it's like this...if your boss tells you the amount of money all your fellow employees make, then you have hella good bargaining power...if the average pay rate for an a.ssociate is $14, are you going to take anything below that? hell nah...with a hard cap, the owners have power in negotiations, because it's like...well everybody big is making $8, if you don't like that, you can go make $5 with this other company because they already got all there $8 workers filled...you feel me?

also, the owners don't want more money out YOUR pocket, a hard cap isn't going to raise ticket prices...they want money out the player's pocket, and why the hell not. what investment are the players coming forth with? what risk are the players taking financially by playing in the NBA? why is it unfair for a business owner to try and capitalize there profit off investment? if you owned a business, would you give the cashier $18 just because you wanted to be "ungreedy"? n*gga, they running a business at the end of the day, they're supposed to make money, who the fu*k is you or me to say "that's fu*ked up"? honestly...players have EVERYTHING payed for, health insurance, free hotel rooms, food, EVERYTHING during the season...the owners could put money on someone and end up selling their team to another city...the players don't give a fu*k, they get paid either way. why shouldn't owners get a bigger chunk of the pie? if something is fu*ked up, it's cuz I been drinking
 6 years ago '04        #107
mateo 1 heat pts
space
space
$593 | Props total: 320 320
 VinceTran said:
Apple is the perfect example. They are number 1 in their market. They have the highest prices. If you don't want it their product... they don't care. They are the top. the nba is the same. Top in their market. You don't want to play/watch the nba... go somewhere else, because there will be a million others who will.
fail. that was such a misguided and off topic + gramar pleiboi
 6 years ago '09        #108
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,205 | Props total: 19301 19301
"Are they gonna give out free food with all the extra money they're gettng? Ummmm no. They're gonna get a new 20 million dollar scoreboards and still scream we're losing money..."

real n*gga sh*t
 6 years ago '10        #109
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,831 | Props total: 20699 20699
 timdog said:
gilberts the cash guzzler what has gil done since he got that contract
I tried not to diss your team, tried to act like a NBA fan & not talk down but first off n*gga what fu*king championship does your team have to show for anything? n*gga cobwebs stfu. Talking out the side of your neck like that What has Gil done? He gets more money n*gga, what has your team done for the history of it's organization? Oh that's right you're an expansion team. Your city is so sh*tty n*ggas threw y'all a team & said hey scram sonny take this money, take this dumbass GM & have a field day.

timdog said:
ppl hate on z-bo like he some bum who gets paid and dont do sh*t like gilbert

If I was you I would take fat boy's d!ck out your a.ss cuz I'm damn sure when he played for us, you wasn't stanning for that retard.
 timdog said:
the gilbert i remba was a baller now he out there playing like sh*t caking
Watch your mouth bi*ch

timdog said:
the knicks dont have a bench they gave half there team away for melo and draft picks have fun with jared jeffries
And you got the nerve to attempt to sh*t on our team. We got two superstars you have none. If we wanted to trade for your players you really think they would disagree? They'd be like Memphis fu*k is a memphis n*gga? I'm out this sh*tty city, time to play in NY, where n*ggas know your name & you don't gotta look on NBA.com to know what a n*gga's first name is. Pull a jack move on your players n*gga

Hoe a.ss mark, tryin talk sh*t. bi*ch a.ss n*gga..Only grizz fans I respect is Tempus & ipunish
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy