Gilbert Arenas explains the lockout

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #81
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,326 | Props total: 1111 1111
Great explanation; I awlays wondered wtf LA has 2 teams... and why the have teams on these small cities, and cities that are already doing bad in general.
 6 years ago '05        #82
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
a hard cap is gonna limt any team to build or keep a bunch of good players on the team for a while your team will basically change players ever other year. that not good when u wanna keep your core in tact for 3-5 years. i know all you small market teams think this will make u better.

but untill your teams get better at picking talent it wont matter what the cap looks like. they will still be over paying for bad players . all that is PR to demand more money dont be stupid
 6 years ago '05        #83
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
$9,281 | Props total: 782 782

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '09        #84
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 74 74
having a even level of playing field is much better than watching the crybabies (lakers, heat) dominate every yr

makes the nba real boring
 6 years ago '05        #85
DipsetSoulja 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,182 | Props total: 3094 3094
 FappingFapstar said:
having a even level of playing field is much better than watching the crybabies (lakers, heat) dominate every yr

makes the nba real boring
Since when have the heat been dominating the nba every year??
 6 years ago '08        #86
JCyclops 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,128 | Props total: 2843 2843
 D.O.H. said:
he has good points, but at the same time so do the owners. The thing about players will still go to the big cities is kind of 50/50. Yea they will still want to do it, but if Miami can offer you 10 million, and say the Timberwolves can offer you 15, odds are player will go for the bigger money. Will it happen? Who knows, does it at least give teams a better chance? yes
But in Florida, you're not paying an income tax

I always when people mention the Heat's Trio and their "paycuts"

6 years ago '04        #87
I10YELLABOI29 
space
space
$863 | Props total: 100 100
 iPunish901 said:
some apple products are worth it homie, only way im trading in my macbook is for another macbook.

that's yo opinion though right? besides apps(which are useless anyways) tell me what does a mac book do that a basic laptop can't do?

in the end your explanationis going to boil down to apple getting over
 6 years ago '10        #88
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,887 | Props total: 21122 21122
 iPunish901 said:
i see your points. ive said all along the only way we are grabbing guys is through the draft, trades, and paying these dudes to stay. no superstar will willingly come here through free agency. memphis is.....memphis. im born and raised here and if im making millions and living the high life, i wouldnt want to spend it here. there isnt much here for those who got cheese like that. just sayin. so i cant fault players for that.

but on the other hand, if somehow that small market team starts to win games on a consistent basis, you will see guys want to go there to win. but it wont always be the case

& @ the bolded.

I agree that's the case now with the small market teams but IF you guys are able to start winning & winning in great amounts people will say okay look at the team Memphis got. They got Zbo AND Marc Gasol, they got a young & very, very good player in Rudy Gay, they got Tony Allen a defenisive beast, they got Selby a scoring problem, they got a PG in Mike conley that could possibly lead them to contending for championships.

It's not like you guys can't do anything, it's just that small market teams & big name superstars for the most part don't go hand in hand. And you really need that in today's era.

Let's hope that could change tho
 6 years ago '10        #89
space
space
 timdog said:

z-bo been a productive player his whole career

take a look a look at the contracts the knicks handed out over the years
He has been a productive player his whole career. I just call him a cash guzzler

And yea the contracts the knicks handed out over the years have been atrocious but look at the team now & the players who want to play for them.......... willingly. That is my whole point. You can be the Celtics from early 00's & become a championship contending team.

Why?

Because they're big market teams, all you need is a superstar in place.
 6 years ago '11        #90
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 VinceTran said:
pure garbage?? read what you're typing first.. now that's pure garbage.

Joe Johnson forced his was to that contract. Phoenix tried to sign him long term but he wanted more money so they traded him. Then Atlanta had to overpaid him to save the franchise. Without Joe the team would of been worst then it was.
Joe Johnson FORCED his way... right, so he was the one that offered himself the contract? Dumbass.

Joe Johnson saving that franchise? Opinion or fact? That Atlanta team was giving out free tickets for the PLAYOFFS, you think Joe Johnson would save a franchise?

GTFOH, let his a.ss walk for a 119 mill contract, he ain't getting no where near that anywhere else.

So you expect memphis to lose their best player just because of morals?? you're dumb as sh*t if you think that. Owners make stupid decisions?? what about the players who hold out and demand more money??
Owners makes stupid DECISIONS, players hold out and demand more money BECAUSE owners make STUPID DECISIONS... what the fu*k? If you was a player, you'd do the same thing.

Every player wants to be the highest paid or top 5 paid players in the league. that's why the salaries keep rising. Lebron wants the most.. what are u gonna do?? someone else from a big market will sign him to no matter what contract so teams are left to have to overpay.
Lebron and the HEat's big 3 took a pay cut, shut the fu*k up.

Some people don't know how business works. I'm in my 3rd year of financial management (accounting for you retards like PTC)... 30 teams in the nba... the richest teams overpay for the talent so the rest of the teams gotta catch up. This is why Minnesota had to pay KG that ridiculous contract to keep him in the freezing cold north. This is why Toronto pay 11 million for Turkoglu to come up in canada. IF these teams don't... the fans aren't gonna pay.
Financial management has nothing to do with this any damn middle schooler can see this logic. The fact that you pointed out that you need to be in college to come to that level of thinking shows your stupidity.

There are ONLY so many teams that can pay.... at the end of the day your goal is to make a profit and owners are giving players these fat a.ss contracts that DON'T DESERVE IT.

The fact is, owners don't know sh*t about basketball aka STUPID DECISIONS.

HENCE - RUDY GAY, 80 million dollar contract! Joe Johnson 120 mill dollar contract!

Rashard Lewis 2nd highest paid player in the NBA.

Gilbert top 5 paid (he got the contract when he was INJURED0

Elton Brand 12th highest...

And the list goes on.

How hard is it for you to understand how businesses work. the 5-6 teams profitable aren't gonna compensate for the 24 owners who lost money. If they NBA was such great shape, wouldn't there be a tons of billionaires bidding for New orleans?? Learn how a business works then come back at me. there's more to a business then paying players. Who pays the garbage waste after each game?? who's gonna maintain the areana?? who's gonna pay for the insurance?? PTC you're not even close to my level on anything.. so stfu
lol @ being on your level, n*gga you are one of the dumbest posters on this forum. You cannot coherently explain your thoughts, you're fu*kin all over the place. Paying the garbage waste after each game... maintaining the arena.... paying insurance... WHAT THE fu*k DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE DISCUSSION?

lol it's obvious that you struggle with your thoughts and typing them out isn't your strong suit, so I suggest you go back to your "financial management" which has absolutely not helped you out in any way for this discussion.
 6 years ago '11        #91
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
Let me remind you n*ggas, this is the same n*gga that said

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

shes so hot.. some of ya retarded.. can't even get with a girl half as hot...

top 10.. nuff said
 6 years ago '10        #92
space
space
 PTC said:
Joe Johnson FORCED his way... right, so he was the one that offered himself the contract? Dumbass.

Joe Johnson saving that franchise? Opinion or fact? That Atlanta team was giving out free tickets for the PLAYOFFS, you think Joe Johnson would save a franchise?

GTFOH, let his a.ss walk for a 119 mill contract, he ain't getting no where near that anywhere else.

Owners makes stupid DECISIONS, players hold out and demand more money BECAUSE owners make STUPID DECISIONS... what the fu*k? If you was a player, you'd do the same thing.

Lebron and the HEat's big 3 took a pay cut, shut the fu*k up.

Financial management has nothing to do with this any damn middle schooler can see this logic. The fact that you pointed out that you need to be in college to come to that level of thinking shows your stupidity.

There are ONLY so many teams that can pay.... at the end of the day your goal is to make a profit and owners are giving players these fat a.ss contracts that DON'T DESERVE IT.

The fact is, owners don't know sh*t about basketball aka STUPID DECISIONS.

HENCE - RUDY GAY, 80 million dollar contract! Joe Johnson 120 mill dollar contract!

Rashard Lewis 2nd highest paid player in the NBA.

Gilbert top 5 paid (he got the contract when he was INJURED0

Elton Brand 12th highest...

And the list goes on.

lol @ being on your level, n*gga you are one of the dumbest posters on this forum. You cannot coherently explain your thoughts, you're fu*kin all over the place. Paying the garbage waste after each game... maintaining the arena.... paying insurance... WHAT THE fu*k DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE DISCUSSION?

lol it's obvious that you struggle with your thoughts and typing them out isn't your strong suit, so I suggest you go back to your "financial management" which has absolutely not helped you out in any way for this discussion.
 PTC said:
Let me remind you n*ggas, this is the same n*gga that said

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Ether
 6 years ago '11        #93
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
This is also the same n*gga that claims he knows about "financial management" yet he goes on to say

they sign these 5 year deals.. then hold out after 2 years... don't sign the contract if your not gonna hold up on your end.

i hate CJ... 1 year wonder... if i was the Titans.. let him hold out. he will play if he wants money.
lol @ 1 year wonder.

lol @ thinking a premier elite RB is going to play while getting paid on a 5 year 7 mill guaranteed contract.

This n*gga VinceTran is one of the dumbest fu*kin posters on this forum... smfh

Last edited by PTC; 07-02-2011 at 05:53 PM..
 07-02-2011, 05:57 PM         #94
Shakespeare  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Question here, since I'm not too educated on the subject matter...

What is it about baseball that makes it work out so well as opposed to other sports? They don't even have any semblance of a cap structure, and most of the time the big spending teams don't go anywhere (i.e. Yankees, Tigers, Red Sox). The arenas are always half-empty, the players make even MORE money than other sports, there's no cap...but it's somehow even MORE competitive. Doesn't make sense to me...
 6 years ago '08        #95
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,764 | Props total: 12243 12243
So like the Lakers just signed a 175 million dollar TV deal. But they don't want to share that with the rest, they want US to do it. I know people are like, "You make 20 [million] and are not worth it..." TRUE. But the man who paid me thought I was too him. You're worth what someone gives you.
Gil got yall n*ggas fooled Clever of him to throw that $175 million TV Deal out there to throw yall off the scent. That's irrelevant, cuz every team has an opportunity to do a Deal like that, but they're Team Success is never worth that kind of deal...If Gil wants the owners to do some sh*t like that I wonder if he's in favor of coming off some of that $20 mil to put some bread in an Undrafted Players pocket...cuz that's the same exact thing he calling the owners to do.

Look the owners don't get away without being spanked cuz they signed this bullsh*t deal bout 15 years ago. But make no mistake the players eating real good, while the owners taking huge losses. Gil getn a lotta "Gil keepn it 100" "My n*gga" and all that in this thread and that's the scary part. This n*gga tellin yall exactly how it is, why small market teams can't compete...and yall still co-signin him

This aint the NFL Lockout, that lockout is much more complex for the players and owners...the NBA lockout is simple...something gotta change, the players eating too good. I don't think you n*ggas understand what's at stake. I think the majority expect the NBA to be around forever...if this deal don't get better for the owners long-term THERE WON'T BE AN NBA. You can't continue to take $50-100 million dollar losses each year while paying out that kind of money the players getn wit Max Contracts for 5 years.

Long story short I'm on the owners side, not cuz I'm in favor of em and all that...but because I'm in favor of parity in the league. Its a reason why the same teams have won Rings the last 30 years. The model is in place for the big Market teams to succeed and everybody else just got a team in they city Its funny cuz every year when the season start everybody riding high with they team then a Major trade takes place for a Big Market team and everything said after is how the Lakers got so and so for crumbs...Boston this, Chicago that....when really if you want to stop this sh*t you should be on the owners side and APPLY PRESSURE on the Players to make it easier for everybody to compete.

Sorry about the rant...but I went thru the thread and couldn't believe how naive some are.
Expect Didn't reads but who cares.
 07-02-2011, 06:19 PM         #96
CoolGrey11s  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wanna hear Kobe's Take on this
 6 years ago '10        #97
space
space
 Mike Nitty said:
Gil got yall n*ggas fooled Clever of him to throw that $175 million TV Deal out there to throw yall off the scent. That's irrelevant, cuz every team has an opportunity to do a Deal like that, but they're Team Success is never worth that kind of deal...If Gil wants the owners to do some sh*t like that I wonder if he's in favor of coming off some of that $20 mil to put some bread in an Undrafted Players pocket...cuz that's the same exact thing he calling the owners to do.

Look the owners don't get away without being spanked cuz they signed this bullsh*t deal bout 15 years ago. But make no mistake the players eating real good, while the owners taking huge losses. Gil getn a lotta "Gil keepn it 100" "My n*gga" and all that in this thread and that's the scary part. This n*gga tellin yall exactly how it is, why small market teams can't compete...and yall still co-signin him

This aint the NFL Lockout, that lockout is much more complex for the players and owners...the NBA lockout is simple...something gotta change, the players eating too good. I don't think you n*ggas understand what's at stake. I think the majority expect the NBA to be around forever...if this deal don't get better for the owners long-term THERE WON'T BE AN NBA. You can't continue to take $50-100 million dollar losses each year while paying out that kind of money the players getn wit Max Contracts for 5 years.

Long story short I'm on the owners side, not cuz I'm in favor of em and all that...but because I'm in favor of parity in the league. Its a reason why the same teams have won Rings the last 30 years. The model is in place for the big Market teams to succeed and everybody else just got a team in they city Its funny cuz every year when the season start everybody riding high with they team then a Major trade takes place for a Big Market team and everything said after is how the Lakers got so and so for crumbs...Boston this, Chicago that....when really if you want to stop this sh*t you should be on the owners side and APPLY PRESSURE on the Players to make it easier for everybody to compete.

Sorry about the rant...but I went thru the thread and couldn't believe how naive some are.
Expect Didn't reads but who cares.
So you're on the side of owners who give out qualifying offers to Greg Oden, contracts to injured players like Gil (Who is that n*gga & is god SG), contracts to Rudy Gay, contracts to Joe Johnson, make trades like they did with Pau Gasol.

Well happy trails partner

It has always been Boston this, LA that & will continue being like that regardless in how this new CBA goes. Gilbert already said it.

No matter what deal gets done, free agents are gonna go to the same cities ANYWAY. That's why the same teams stay good and the same teams stay bad. The owners with the most money will try to buy the best players.
 6 years ago '04        #98
kg81 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 101 101
I'm sorry I'm with the owners on this one. The only reason the owners over pay is to show the fans they are trying if not they wont come to games and the team loses money. If your team has money but a smart owner says I'm not payint (insert overrated free agent) 100 mil the fans gonna cry. If they get a hard cap around 60 million and can some how get out of contracts after about half the deal if it doesn't work out the league would have more parity like the NFL. Players will not continue to just go to the big cities because if the team has no cap space they can't sign them and they would have no choice but either stay with the team that drafted them or go where the money is which COULD be a small market team. In the NFL your team has hope that next year they can win with small additions in the NBA only 9 teams have won in 30 years c'mon son! BTW I'm wit the players in the NFL they makin' money now they want more. Basketball is my favorite sport though and a Hard Cap is best for the league.

Last edited by kg81; 07-02-2011 at 07:54 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #99
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,483 | Props total: 14975 14975
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
He has been a productive player his whole career. I just call him a cash guzzler

And yea the contracts the knicks handed out over the years have been atrocious but look at the team now & the players who want to play for them.......... willingly. That is my whole point. You can be the Celtics from early 00's & become a championship contending team.

Why?

Because they're big market teams, all you need is a superstar in place.
gilberts the cash guzzler what has gil done since he got that contract

ppl hate on z-bo like he some bum who gets paid and dont do sh*t like gilbert

the gilbert i remba was a baller now he out there playing like sh*t caking

the knicks dont have a bench they gave half there team away for melo and draft picks have fun with jared jeffries
 6 years ago '11        #100
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
So you're on the side of owners who give out qualifying offers to Greg Oden, contracts to injured players like Gil (Who is that n*gga & is god SG), contracts to Rudy Gay, contracts to Joe Johnson, make trades like they did with Pau Gasol.

Well happy trails partner

It has always been Boston this, LA that & will continue being like that regardless in how this new CBA goes. Gilbert already said it.

if there is a hard cap, the talent pool has to be split...it will pressure the star players into taking severe paycuts to play on championship big city teams, and outright keep the good to really good players on their respective teams for cheaper prices(the bidding wars won't be as enticing)...what aren't ya understanding, a hard cap=less money in the pool...that means lower contracts unless you trying to be the star on a small market team because Kobe, or LBJ, or Carmelo are taking the big contracts(or most the money from the hard cap) out the big market teams
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy