Gilbert Arenas explains the lockout

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
57 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #61
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,073 | Props total: 30391 30391
who didn't already know this though? several of us have been saying this exact same thing for years. it really isn't difficult to understand. y'all just need someone who is a clown like gil is to explain it to you to be able to understand.
 07-02-2011, 05:21 AM         #62
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
arenas time after time does something >>>>> for me to say that's my dude

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #63
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
he may be the Future of blogging :hmm:
 6 years ago '10        #64
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
I'm still on the owners side and I'm all for the hard cap

I hate rich greedy CACs as much as the next man but I love my team.

Bottom line, with the current system if you spend wisely you win.

IDK why people always bring up Rudy Gay when being overpaid is mentioned.

Dude is far from overpaid when you compare him to guys like Travis Outlaw,Luke Walton, Corey Maggette,Boris Diaw, David Lee, Joe Johnson, Rashard Lewis, Jose Calderon,Marvin Williams, and Amir Johnson.

These guys have all pretty much peaked at this point in their career and don't play any type of major role on their team compared to their money. They are holding the franchise back and force them to play the waiting game in order to compete.

Rudy is a better player than all of these dudes, potential face of the franchise and a key piece that we needed in the play-offs. He provides hope for the future and not doubt.

The problem is these owners don't know sh*t about building a team and have no desire to contend. When Memphis's GM decided that he wanted to spend to win. That's exactly what he did, now look at us.

You have to pay the right people.

Last edited by DurtySoufReppin; 07-02-2011 at 06:45 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #65
dipset121 39 heat pts39
space
space
$2,260 | Props total: 15 15
real sh*t here
 6 years ago '10        #66
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,887 | Props total: 21123 21123
 DurtySoufReppin said:
I'm still on the owners side and I'm all for the hard cap

I hate rich greedy CACs as much as the next man but I love my team.

Bottom line, with the current system if you spend wisely you win.

IDK why people always bring up Rudy Gay when being overpaid is mentioned.

Dude is far from overpaid when you compare him to guys like Travis Outlaw,Luke Walton, Corey Maggette,Boris Diaw, David Lee, Joe Johnson, Jose Calderon,Marvin Williams, and Amir Johnson.

These guys have all pretty much peaked at this point in their career and don't play any type of major role on their team compared to their money. They are holding the franchise back and force them to play the waiting game in order to compete.

Rudy is a better player than all of these dudes, potential face of the franchise and a key piece that we needed in the play-offs. He provides hope for the future and not doubt.

The problem is these owners don't know sh*t about building a team and have no desire to contend. When Memphis's GM decided that he wanted to spend to win. That's exactly what he did, now look at us.

You have to pay the right people.
First off what is your motive I mean the fact you said Rudy Gay is better than Joe Johnson is just blasphemous. Second Gilbert already addressed what's going to happen to teams like yours, that's exactly why I made "now look at us" so big in font. I see your team as the Thunder in 5 years. Figure that out then you'll understand.

Before you get at me & I know you will because you're very passionate about your team , I'm not trying to diss ya'll but I'm trying to show you the ugly truth. Rudy Gay while nice IS overpaid, he's a B+ player. There is no Grizzlies fan on the planet that can argue about that even if they choose to. Rudy does not deserve 80 Mill for 5 years and when that contending door crashes the salaries on that team will look all over the place. Mike Conley, Z-Bo the cash guzzler, Marc Gasol.

You guys are missing a true superstar.

Only problem is no-one wants to go to Memphis willingly. I mean sh*t look at Tony Allen's quote about him still being a Celtic.

If the Thunder ends up not accomplishing anything with that roster or with any future additions, what makes you so sure the Grizz can? I'm looking at this from a peer NBA fan perspective, not a Knicks fan but from a NBA fan. Logically I'm sorry, but Thunder & Grizz will have to go through Mavs & Lakers and even if they go to the Finals there's still the Miami Heat, Celtics, Bulls & Knicks on the rise.

I'm just mortified how you can be on the owners side..
 6 years ago '07        #67
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,483 | Props total: 14976 14976
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
First off what is your motive I mean the fact you said Rudy Gay is better than Joe Johnson is just blasphemous. Second Gilbert already addressed what's going to happen to teams like yours, that's exactly why I made "now look at us" so big in font. I see your team as the Thunder in 5 years. Figure that out then you'll understand.

Before you get at me & I know you will because you're very passionate about your team , I'm not trying to diss ya'll but I'm trying to show you the ugly truth. Rudy Gay while nice IS overpaid, he's a B+ player. There is no Grizzlies fan on the planet that can argue about that even if they choose to. Rudy does not deserve 80 Mill for 5 years and when that contending door crashes the salaries on that team will look all over the place. Mike Conley, Z-Bo the cash guzzler, Marc Gasol.

Only problem is no-one wants to go to Memphis willingly. I mean sh*t look at Tony Allen's quote about him still being a Celtic.

If the Thunder ends up not accomplishing anything with that roster or with any future additions, what makes you so sure the Grizz can? I'm looking at this from a peer NBA fan perspective, not a Knicks fan but from a NBA fan. Logically I'm sorry, but Thunder & Grizz will have to go through Mavs & Lakers and even if they go to the Finals there's still the Miami Heat, Celtics, Bulls & Knicks on the rise.

z-bo been a productive player his whole career

take a look a look at the contracts the knicks handed out over the years
 07-02-2011, 07:46 AM         #68
lavarrengreen  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well explained...:applause:
 6 years ago '08        #69
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

i see your points. ive said all along the only way we are grabbing guys is through the draft, trades, and paying these dudes to stay. no superstar will willingly come here through free agency. memphis is.....memphis. im born and raised here and if im making millions and living the high life, i wouldnt want to spend it here. there isnt much here for those who got cheese like that. just sayin. so i cant fault players for that.

but on the other hand, if somehow that small market team starts to win games on a consistent basis, you will see guys want to go there to win. but it wont always be the case
 07-02-2011, 08:33 AM         #70
freakbucket  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheKidHypno' said:
I know people are like, "You make 20 [million] and are not worth it..." TRUE.

realest sh*t in the world.

i always said, you're worth whatever someone pays. Your house is worth someone pays, not what a piece of papers says it is.
 6 years ago '04        #71
I10YELLABOI29 
space
space
$863 | Props total: 100 100
 VinceTran said:
this is why the league is done.. retards like this... first of all... you like Gunit?? nuff said..

8-9 billion pay cut?? all the players in the league put together don't make more then 2 billion in salary.. how many times did u get thrown out the window when you were born??

I'm on more on the owner side because i like to see everyone team have a chance to win?? looking at your favorite teams.. i'm guess you're a bandwagon jumper... Red socks/steelers and lakers are your favorite teams?? LOL wow just wow

Players are gonna lose because just like any company in the world... owners are the ones signing checks. What are they players gonna do?? look for different jobs?? the players are in a profession where there is only 1 option. THEY HAVE NO 2ND OPTIONS.

Apple is the perfect example. They are number 1 in their market. They have the highest prices. If you don't want it their product... they don't care. They are the top. the nba is the same. Top in their market. You don't want to play/watch the nba... go somewhere else, because there will be a million others who will.

besides you being retarded as fu*k about the nba lockout? who told you apple has the #1 product? only the dumb fu*k that buysit. most people with their product don't know how to use it. are you speaking of sales? hell i can find maybe 5 items to match each of the products they sale. guess what the smart people who know how to shop and don't jump on the latest fad will always come up. the follower will always jump on the supposedly hot sh*t only to find out it wasn't worth it.
 6 years ago '05        #72
BadIntentionz 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,562 | Props total: 813 813
basket ball players making 15 milli a year and crying about getting more is bad, i would like to see an even nba, where any team can compete, a hard cap would def help this, ball players are gettin paid way too much, same as baseball wit them 20 -25 milli a year contracts, this sh*t needs to be fixed in sports, we dont see this in football, why?
 6 years ago '08        #73
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 I10YELLABOI29 said:
besides you being retarded as fu*k about the nba lockout? who told you apple has the #1 product? only the dumb fu*k that buysit. most people with their product don't know how to use it. are you speaking of sales? hell i can find maybe 5 items to match each of the products they sale. guess what the smart people who know how to shop and don't jump on the latest fad will always come up. the follower will always jump on the supposedly hot sh*t only to find out it wasn't worth it.
some apple products are worth it homie, only way im trading in my macbook is for another macbook.
 6 years ago '11        #74
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 VinceTran said:
pure garbage?? read what you're typing first.. now that's pure garbage.

Joe Johnson forced his was to that contract. Phoenix tried to sign him long term but he wanted more money so they traded him. Then Atlanta had to overpaid him to save the franchise. Without Joe the team would of been worst then it was.

So you expect memphis to lose their best player just because of morals?? you're dumb as sh*t if you think that. Owners make stupid decisions?? what about the players who hold out and demand more money??

Every player wants to be the highest paid or top 5 paid players in the league. that's why the salaries keep rising. Lebron wants the most.. what are u gonna do?? someone else from a big market will sign him to no matter what contract so teams are left to have to overpay.

Some people don't know how business works. I'm in my 3rd year of financial management (accounting for you retards like PTC)... 30 teams in the nba... the richest teams overpay for the talent so the rest of the teams gotta catch up. This is why Minnesota had to pay KG that ridiculous contract to keep him in the freezing cold north. This is why Toronto pay 11 million for Turkoglu to come up in canada. IF these teams don't... the fans aren't gonna pay.

How hard is it for you to understand how businesses work. the 5-6 teams profitable aren't gonna compensate for the 24 owners who lost money. If they NBA was such great shape, wouldn't there be a tons of billionaires bidding for New orleans?? Learn how a business works then come back at me. there's more to a business then paying players. Who pays the garbage waste after each game?? who's gonna maintain the areana?? who's gonna pay for the insurance?? PTC you're not even close to my level on anything.. so stfu
even though you can't voice your opinion for sh*t, i side with you but...financial management isn't accounting. you use accounting FOR financial management and can consider financial management a SECTOR of accounting, but accounting is bookkeeping, maintaining, and analyzing the money...not just managing the finances. just a heads up
 6 years ago '08        #75
doctate54 
space
space
$650 | Props total: 0 0
Damn... :applause:
 6 years ago '10        #76
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8022 8022
realest talk by gillie tha kid
 6 years ago '06        #77
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
he has good points, but at the same time so do the owners. The thing about players will still go to the big cities is kind of 50/50. Yea they will still want to do it, but if Miami can offer you 10 million, and say the Timberwolves can offer you 15, odds are player will go for the bigger money. Will it happen? Who knows, does it at least give teams a better chance? yes
 6 years ago '08        #78
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,118 | Props total: 2650 2650
wow gil kept it 100%
 6 years ago '10        #79
cottonman5grand 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,107 | Props total: 61 61
 Mike Watts said:
I think Gil and the two guys going back and forth have made some very good and valid points regarding the lockout, but to me it's much more than that. I've seen a lot of people viewing this situation in black and white instead of what it really is - shades of grey. Basically, we have the large market owners versus the small market owners versus the players with neither side willing to budge enough to resolve this matter.

David Stern has been spewing this nonsense that all 30 owners are united in the fact that they want a hard cap to protect themselves from giving out bad contracts and that most of these teams are losing money. The latter I can believe to be true to a certain extent, but the former is laughable. I find it very hard that Jerry Buss and James Dolan, the two owners of the two most profitable teams in the two largest markets in the league are for a hard cap. Who do you think is going to be affected by this the most if it comes to fruition? Are you honestly telling me that owners like Buss and Dolan are willingly going to not only at best have to reduce their highest paid players salaries in order to fit under the proposed cap (and in the worst case, trading away these aforementioned guys), cut profits AND spread the revenue that they are making amongst smaller market teams that will be benefitting from their losses just to even the playing field? People can say that the owners are going to make money regardless, but business logic 101 tells me that I doubt guys like Buss and Dolan, and guys like Pat Riley and Mark Cuban to a lesser extent are for this change in the slightest bit, if at all. If I know anything about money, it's that people want to make as much as they possibly can and not a cent less.

That leads me to this ridiculous idea that by having a hard cap these smaller market teams are somehow going to be able to compete. I hate to play the race card here, but this is the NBA - a predominantly African American league with a lot of young black males who've never had much suddenly being thrusted into the spotlight for the world to see and given tons of money that thy couldn't even imagine. That's honestly a lot to deal with at one time, despite people thinking that life suddenly better once becoming rich or those that can say what they would and wouldn't do with these millions of dollars these guys are making. It's a lot easier to say what you would or wouldn't do when you're not in that position. Do you guys think that teams like the Clippers, who have an owner that has all but confessed to being in this strictly for the money that he knows will come regardless of how his team does because his team is in LA, or a team like Minnesota who will never amount to anything no matter who falls into their lap, will suddenly attract guys that could actually make a difference? There's really only a few teams that are usually in contention for the most part every decade and sure enough it's usually the teams with larger markets. Occasionally you'll have a smaller market team that will show flashes of brilliance for awhile (San Antonio this past decade, the Rockets in the 90's come to mind) and win a championship, but that's more so because they are teams that are managed extremely well for the most part compared to teams who constantly draft poorly or overpay guys based on a good season or two. Most of the star guys or guys that owners think are going to be stars are going to play for the larger market teams because that's where the money and fame is at, with the occasional star player staying with one of the better small market teams because they have a competent owner that will make things work without breaking the bank to do so. Other than that, for the most part you're probably going to have a larger market team like the Lakers, the Bulls, the Knicks, the Heat, the Celtics and maybe the Mavericks or the Magic constantly in the mix then say a team like the Raptors, with the occasional outside team who builds their team the right way without spending a bunch of money to do so. Basically, the rich will get richer while the poor get poorer. A hard cap may not neccessarily stop a guy like Chris Paul, stuck on a team that has peaked already, from taking a huge pay cut to join the Knicks or Lakers, if some exemptions are made to it. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw him some money under the table just to do it. David Stern will never admit it, but the league would be better off contracting a lot of these small market teams, at least from a competitive point of view anyway. No one worth a damn is ever going to play their full career in a place like Toronto or Cleveland.

The players are said to be united as well, but like I stated with the owners, I don't believe that for one second. Guys like Lebron and Kobe and anyone else making over 14 million that actually deserve what they are getting paid are going to be the ones hit by these salary cuts the most. Yeah, they can make up for it trough endorsements and whatever else they may have going for them, but again, people naturally want their money and not a cent less. That can certainly cause a lot of issues within the union, and probably already has. I'm sure just like the owners, all the players aren't on the same page of this either.

I'm a die hard fan of the NBA. Basketball is my favorite sport to watch. At the same time, I'm a working guy, trying to make ends meet. I'm not discrediting any player in the NBA - they all certainly worked hard to get where they are no matter how much crap and criticism us fans give them. It's just sad to see such a display of selfishness and greed from everyone involved in this. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it and I'll certainly continue to live my life, but to act like I don't care would be ridiculous, just like this lockout is. This system is broken, has been broken for a long time, and is more than likely broke beyond repair. The league has been made out to be a joke because of it and the owners and (to a lesser extent) the players have no one to blame but themselves

:hillwhoa:
 6 years ago '08        #80
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 PLAYERIZM said:
he may be the Future of blogging :hmm:
i see what you did there....
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy