Gilbert Arenas explains the lockout

most viewed right now
 91
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 74
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
69 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 68
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 45
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #41
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,435 | Props total: 12370 12370
Gil my n*gga but he didnt have to throw the jab at the Clippers when he was wrong. They made the playoffs four times the last twenty years. Not a lot but better than one


Last edited by That Guy Fly; 07-01-2011 at 10:07 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #42
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,747 | Props total: 12575 12575
 Mike Watts said:
I think Gil and the two guys going back and forth have made some very good and valid points regarding the lockout, but to me it's much more than that. I've seen a lot of people viewing this situation in black and white instead of what it really is - shades of grey. Basically, we have the large market owners versus the small market owners versus the players with neither side willing to budge enough to resolve this matter.

David Stern has been spewing this nonsense that all 30 owners are united in the fact that they want a hard cap to protect themselves from giving out bad contracts and that most of these teams are losing money. The latter I can believe to be true to a certain extent, but the former is laughable. I find it very hard that Jerry Buss and James Dolan, the two owners of the two most profitable teams in the two largest markets in the league are for a hard cap. Who do you think is going to be affected by this the most if it comes to fruition? Are you honestly telling me that owners like Buss and Dolan are willingly going to not only at best have to reduce their highest paid players salaries in order to fit under the proposed cap (and in the worst case, trading away these aforementioned guys), cut profits AND spread the revenue that they are making amongst smaller market teams that will be benefitting from their losses just to even the playing field? People can say that the owners are going to make money regardless, but business logic 101 tells me that I doubt guys like Buss and Dolan, and guys like Pat Riley and Mark Cuban to a lesser extent are for this change in the slightest bit, if at all. If I know anything about money, it's that people want to make as much as they possibly can and not a cent less.

That leads me to this ridiculous idea that by having a hard cap these smaller market teams are somehow going to be able to compete. I hate to play the race card here, but this is the NBA - a predominantly African American league with a lot of young black males who've never had much suddenly being thrusted into the spotlight for the world to see and given tons of money that thy couldn't even imagine. That's honestly a lot to deal with at one time, despite people thinking that life suddenly better once becoming rich or those that can say what they would and wouldn't do with these millions of dollars these guys are making. It's a lot easier to say what you would or wouldn't do when you're not in that position. Do you guys think that teams like the Clippers, who have an owner that has all but confessed to being in this strictly for the money that he knows will come regardless of how his team does because his team is in LA, or a team like Minnesota who will never amount to anything no matter who falls into their lap, will suddenly attract guys that could actually make a difference? There's really only a few teams that are usually in contention for the most part every decade and sure enough it's usually the teams with larger markets. Occasionally you'll have a smaller market team that will show flashes of brilliance for awhile (San Antonio this past decade, the Rockets in the 90's come to mind) and win a championship, but that's more so because they are teams that are managed extremely well for the most part compared to teams who constantly draft poorly or overpay guys based on a good season or two. Most of the star guys or guys that owners think are going to be stars are going to play for the larger market teams because that's where the money and fame is at, with the occasional star player staying with one of the better small market teams because they have a competent owner that will make things work without breaking the bank to do so. Other than that, for the most part you're probably going to have a larger market team like the Lakers, the Bulls, the Knicks, the Heat, the Celtics and maybe the Mavericks or the Magic constantly in the mix then say a team like the Raptors, with the occasional outside team who builds their team the right way without spending a bunch of money to do so. Basically, the rich will get richer while the poor get poorer. A hard cap may not neccessarily stop a guy like Chris Paul, stuck on a team that has peaked already, from taking a huge pay cut to join the Knicks or Lakers, if some exemptions are made to it. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw him some money under the table just to do it. David Stern will never admit it, but the league would be better off contracting a lot of these small market teams, at least from a competitive point of view anyway. No one worth a damn is ever going to play their full career in a place like Toronto or Cleveland.

The players are said to be united as well, but like I stated with the owners, I don't believe that for one second. Guys like Lebron and Kobe and anyone else making over 14 million that actually deserve what they are getting paid are going to be the ones hit by these salary cuts the most. Yeah, they can make up for it trough endorsements and whatever else they may have going for them, but again, people naturally want their money and not a cent less. That can certainly cause a lot of issues within the union, and probably already has. I'm sure just like the owners, all the players aren't on the same page of this either.

I'm a die hard fan of the NBA. Basketball is my favorite sport to watch. At the same time, I'm a working guy, trying to make ends meet. I'm not discrediting any player in the NBA - they all certainly worked hard to get where they are no matter how much crap and criticism us fans give them. It's just sad to see such a display of selfishness and greed from everyone involved in this. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it and I'll certainly continue to live my life, but to act like I don't care would be ridiculous, just like this lockout is. This system is broken, has been broken for a long time, and is more than likely broke beyond repair. The league has been made out to be a joke because of it and the owners and (to a lesser extent) the players have no one to blame but themselves
I agree with some of the sentiments.. But one major factor went over your head... Buss and Dolan would be for the hard cap likely if they don't have to share revenue.. And that is what Gil is talking about when he says, "owners don't want to share revenue amongst themselves but what the players to do it for them".. This is where the hardcap comes in.. A hard cap would basically lower everyones salary and the owners would take the change from the lowered salaries, and make up for their losses...

So for example if Buss doesn't have to share the 175mil dollar deal he got from the T.V network, he'd be all for the hardcap depend on where it would be.. Because at the end of the day, teams like L.A,Bulls,NYC,BOS will make money regardless... These are brand name teams who consistently fill up seats win or lose.. This is why the small markets teams and want the hard cap, not only to compete BUT to make up the money they are losing also.

It makes perfect sense, and it's exactly what Gil is talking about.. He hit the nail right on the head.
 6 years ago '09        #43
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,435 | Props total: 12370 12370
 Hold That said:
I agree with some of the sentiments.. But one major factor went over your head... Buss and Dolan would be for the hard cap likely if they don't have to share revenue.. And that is what Gil is talking about when he says, "owners don't want to share revenue amongst themselves but what the players to do it for them".. This is where the hardcap comes in.. A hard cap would basically lower everyones salary and the owners would take the change from the lowered salaries, and make up for their losses...

So for example if Buss doesn't have to share the 175mil dollar deal he got from the T.V network, he'd be all for the hardcap depend on where it would be.. Because at the end of the day, teams like L.A,Bulls,NYC,BOS will make money regardless... These are brand name teams who consistently fill up seats win or lose.. This is why the small markets teams and want the hard cap, not only to compete BUT to make up the money they are losing also.

It makes perfect sense, and it's exactly what Gil is talking about.. He hit the nail right on the head.
Which is the point I have been making all along. Who is gonna be the one pissed off in the end because they are giving up their money to fix the problem?
 6 years ago '07        #44
Bkjj11 3552 heat pts3552
space
avatar space
space
$92,822 | Props total: 70434 70434
Lebron said we have unhappy lives
 6 years ago '08        #45
Future 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
I always thought Arenas had lots of knowledge....

Well said....
 6 years ago '05        #46
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,747 | Props total: 12575 12575
 Bkjj11 said:
Lebron said we have unhappy lives
LeBron still won, he's eating off a 100mil dollar Nike deal that pays him 10mil per year, annually.. So even with the Lockout he still collecting his Nike checks.. Any player with big sponsor deals, are still collecting those shoe/endorsement deal checks.. Those endorsement contracts aint got sh*t to do with the NBA

n*ggas like Bron/Kobe/Wade/Rose/Wall with those big shoe or other endorsement deals are doing just fine with the lockout.. One reason why Durant is one of the players coming out saying "the players wont give in, we will wait for however long".. he's still getting paid through endorsements from Nike and Gatorade.


Last edited by Hold That; 07-01-2011 at 10:47 PM..
 07-01-2011, 11:00 PM         #47
Dr Seuss  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mike Watts said:
I think Gil and the two guys going back and forth have made some very good and valid points regarding the lockout, but to me it's much more than that. I've seen a lot of people viewing this situation in black and white instead of what it really is - shades of grey. Basically, we have the large market owners versus the small market owners versus the players with neither side willing to budge enough to resolve this matter.

David Stern has been spewing this nonsense that all 30 owners are united in the fact that they want a hard cap to protect themselves from giving out bad contracts and that most of these teams are losing money. The latter I can believe to be true to a certain extent, but the former is laughable. I find it very hard that Jerry Buss and James Dolan, the two owners of the two most profitable teams in the two largest markets in the league are for a hard cap. Who do you think is going to be affected by this the most if it comes to fruition? Are you honestly telling me that owners like Buss and Dolan are willingly going to not only at best have to reduce their highest paid players salaries in order to fit under the proposed cap (and in the worst case, trading away these aforementioned guys), cut profits AND spread the revenue that they are making amongst smaller market teams that will be benefitting from their losses just to even the playing field? People can say that the owners are going to make money regardless, but business logic 101 tells me that I doubt guys like Buss and Dolan, and guys like Pat Riley and Mark Cuban to a lesser extent are for this change in the slightest bit, if at all. If I know anything about money, it's that people want to make as much as they possibly can and not a cent less.

That leads me to this ridiculous idea that by having a hard cap these smaller market teams are somehow going to be able to compete. I hate to play the race card here, but this is the NBA - a predominantly African American league with a lot of young black males who've never had much suddenly being thrusted into the spotlight for the world to see and given tons of money that thy couldn't even imagine. That's honestly a lot to deal with at one time, despite people thinking that life suddenly better once becoming rich or those that can say what they would and wouldn't do with these millions of dollars these guys are making. It's a lot easier to say what you would or wouldn't do when you're not in that position. Do you guys think that teams like the Clippers, who have an owner that has all but confessed to being in this strictly for the money that he knows will come regardless of how his team does because his team is in LA, or a team like Minnesota who will never amount to anything no matter who falls into their lap, will suddenly attract guys that could actually make a difference? There's really only a few teams that are usually in contention for the most part every decade and sure enough it's usually the teams with larger markets. Occasionally you'll have a smaller market team that will show flashes of brilliance for awhile (San Antonio this past decade, the Rockets in the 90's come to mind) and win a championship, but that's more so because they are teams that are managed extremely well for the most part compared to teams who constantly draft poorly or overpay guys based on a good season or two. Most of the star guys or guys that owners think are going to be stars are going to play for the larger market teams because that's where the money and fame is at, with the occasional star player staying with one of the better small market teams because they have a competent owner that will make things work without breaking the bank to do so. Other than that, for the most part you're probably going to have a larger market team like the Lakers, the Bulls, the Knicks, the Heat, the Celtics and maybe the Mavericks or the Magic constantly in the mix then say a team like the Raptors, with the occasional outside team who builds their team the right way without spending a bunch of money to do so. Basically, the rich will get richer while the poor get poorer. A hard cap may not neccessarily stop a guy like Chris Paul, stuck on a team that has peaked already, from taking a huge pay cut to join the Knicks or Lakers, if some exemptions are made to it. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw him some money under the table just to do it. David Stern will never admit it, but the league would be better off contracting a lot of these small market teams, at least from a competitive point of view anyway. No one worth a damn is ever going to play their full career in a place like Toronto or Cleveland.

The players are said to be united as well, but like I stated with the owners, I don't believe that for one second. Guys like Lebron and Kobe and anyone else making over 14 million that actually deserve what they are getting paid are going to be the ones hit by these salary cuts the most. Yeah, they can make up for it trough endorsements and whatever else they may have going for them, but again, people naturally want their money and not a cent less. That can certainly cause a lot of issues within the union, and probably already has. I'm sure just like the owners, all the players aren't on the same page of this either.

I'm a die hard fan of the NBA. Basketball is my favorite sport to watch. At the same time, I'm a working guy, trying to make ends meet. I'm not discrediting any player in the NBA - they all certainly worked hard to get where they are no matter how much crap and criticism us fans give them. It's just sad to see such a display of selfishness and greed from everyone involved in this. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it and I'll certainly continue to live my life, but to act like I don't care would be ridiculous, just like this lockout is. This system is broken, has been broken for a long time, and is more than likely broke beyond repair. The league has been made out to be a joke because of it and the owners and (to a lesser extent) the players have no one to blame but themselves
this fella really wrote a 3 page essay...i mean seriously...i went to microsoft word to check how long it was and it was actually 3 pages long...im baffled, shocked, amazed by the creativeness.
 6 years ago '07        #48
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
avatar space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Gil may be a clown, but he said some real sh*t
 6 years ago '07        #49
Bkjj11 3552 heat pts3552
space
avatar space
space
$92,822 | Props total: 70434 70434
 Hold That said:
LeBron still won, he's eating off a 100mil dollar Nike deal that pays him 10mil per year, annually.. So even with the Lockout he still collecting his Nike checks.. Any player with big sponsor deals, are still collecting those shoe/endorsement deal checks.. Those endorsement contracts aint got sh*t to do with the NBA

n*ggas like Bron/Kobe/Wade/Rose/Wall with those big shoe or other endorsement deals are doing just fine with the lockout.. One reason why Durant is one of the players coming out saying "the players wont give in, we will wait for however long".. he's still getting paid through endorsements from Nike and Gatorade.
U see what I did there. Lebron won, not you, so quit talkin bout his $

My post was a trollin post. I can careless what a person makes because they can put a ball in a hoop. Lebron talks like he's in remedial english since 03. All his shoes n sh*t can go to the feet of the typical black teenager that got a parttime job, im a grown man, fu*k outta here with sneakers

Not targeting u, but society is backwards its sad, I enjoy basketball, but the bs it comes along withis stupid.

Teachers that make 45k is teaching kids who dad is rich with a hs diploma,and probably did a year in college is sad, what can u really teach them? Nothing cuz they can put a ball in a hoop fu*k outta here
 07-02-2011, 01:26 AM         #50
Millerionaire87  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thebadguy said:
 6 years ago '09        #51
quentyburga725 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$8,487 | Props total: 2350 2350
 6 years ago '06        #52
KingK 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$15,250 | Props total: 747 747
 DERRTY CHYBO said:


[pic - click to view]

This sh*t got me in tears
 6 years ago '09        #53
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$23,396 | Props total: 5105 5105
gilbert >>>>>>>
 6 years ago '09        #54
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$23,396 | Props total: 5105 5105
 Mike Watts said:
I think Gil and the two guys going back and forth have made some very good and valid points regarding the lockout, but to me it's much more than that. I've seen a lot of people viewing this situation in black and white instead of what it really is - shades of grey. Basically, we have the large market owners versus the small market owners versus the players with neither side willing to budge enough to resolve this matter.

David Stern has been spewing this nonsense that all 30 owners are united in the fact that they want a hard cap to protect themselves from giving out bad contracts and that most of these teams are losing money. The latter I can believe to be true to a certain extent, but the former is laughable. I find it very hard that Jerry Buss and James Dolan, the two owners of the two most profitable teams in the two largest markets in the league are for a hard cap. Who do you think is going to be affected by this the most if it comes to fruition? Are you honestly telling me that owners like Buss and Dolan are willingly going to not only at best have to reduce their highest paid players salaries in order to fit under the proposed cap (and in the worst case, trading away these aforementioned guys), cut profits AND spread the revenue that they are making amongst smaller market teams that will be benefitting from their losses just to even the playing field? People can say that the owners are going to make money regardless, but business logic 101 tells me that I doubt guys like Buss and Dolan, and guys like Pat Riley and Mark Cuban to a lesser extent are for this change in the slightest bit, if at all. If I know anything about money, it's that people want to make as much as they possibly can and not a cent less.

That leads me to this ridiculous idea that by having a hard cap these smaller market teams are somehow going to be able to compete. I hate to play the race card here, but this is the NBA - a predominantly African American league with a lot of young black males who've never had much suddenly being thrusted into the spotlight for the world to see and given tons of money that thy couldn't even imagine. That's honestly a lot to deal with at one time, despite people thinking that life suddenly better once becoming rich or those that can say what they would and wouldn't do with these millions of dollars these guys are making. It's a lot easier to say what you would or wouldn't do when you're not in that position. Do you guys think that teams like the Clippers, who have an owner that has all but confessed to being in this strictly for the money that he knows will come regardless of how his team does because his team is in LA, or a team like Minnesota who will never amount to anything no matter who falls into their lap, will suddenly attract guys that could actually make a difference? There's really only a few teams that are usually in contention for the most part every decade and sure enough it's usually the teams with larger markets. Occasionally you'll have a smaller market team that will show flashes of brilliance for awhile (San Antonio this past decade, the Rockets in the 90's come to mind) and win a championship, but that's more so because they are teams that are managed extremely well for the most part compared to teams who constantly draft poorly or overpay guys based on a good season or two. Most of the star guys or guys that owners think are going to be stars are going to play for the larger market teams because that's where the money and fame is at, with the occasional star player staying with one of the better small market teams because they have a competent owner that will make things work without breaking the bank to do so. Other than that, for the most part you're probably going to have a larger market team like the Lakers, the Bulls, the Knicks, the Heat, the Celtics and maybe the Mavericks or the Magic constantly in the mix then say a team like the Raptors, with the occasional outside team who builds their team the right way without spending a bunch of money to do so. Basically, the rich will get richer while the poor get poorer. A hard cap may not neccessarily stop a guy like Chris Paul, stuck on a team that has peaked already, from taking a huge pay cut to join the Knicks or Lakers, if some exemptions are made to it. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw him some money under the table just to do it. David Stern will never admit it, but the league would be better off contracting a lot of these small market teams, at least from a competitive point of view anyway. No one worth a damn is ever going to play their full career in a place like Toronto or Cleveland.

The players are said to be united as well, but like I stated with the owners, I don't believe that for one second. Guys like Lebron and Kobe and anyone else making over 14 million that actually deserve what they are getting paid are going to be the ones hit by these salary cuts the most. Yeah, they can make up for it trough endorsements and whatever else they may have going for them, but again, people naturally want their money and not a cent less. That can certainly cause a lot of issues within the union, and probably already has. I'm sure just like the owners, all the players aren't on the same page of this either.

I'm a die hard fan of the NBA. Basketball is my favorite sport to watch. At the same time, I'm a working guy, trying to make ends meet. I'm not discrediting any player in the NBA - they all certainly worked hard to get where they are no matter how much crap and criticism us fans give them. It's just sad to see such a display of selfishness and greed from everyone involved in this. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it and I'll certainly continue to live my life, but to act like I don't care would be ridiculous, just like this lockout is. This system is broken, has been broken for a long time, and is more than likely broke beyond repair. The league has been made out to be a joke because of it and the owners and (to a lesser extent) the players have no one to blame but themselves
damn

you musta forgot this is boxden

you just opened your self up for sh*t load of didn't read gifs lol
 6 years ago '04        #55
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$43,402 | Props total: 11779 11779
 Mike Watts said:
I think Gil and the two guys going back and forth have made some very good and valid points regarding the lockout, but to me it's much more than that. I've seen a lot of people viewing this situation in black and white instead of what it really is - shades of grey. Basically, we have the large market owners versus the small market owners versus the players with neither side willing to budge enough to resolve this matter.

David Stern has been spewing this nonsense that all 30 owners are united in the fact that they want a hard cap to protect themselves from giving out bad contracts and that most of these teams are losing money. The latter I can believe to be true to a certain extent, but the former is laughable. I find it very hard that Jerry Buss and James Dolan, the two owners of the two most profitable teams in the two largest markets in the league are for a hard cap. Who do you think is going to be affected by this the most if it comes to fruition? Are you honestly telling me that owners like Buss and Dolan are willingly going to not only at best have to reduce their highest paid players salaries in order to fit under the proposed cap (and in the worst case, trading away these aforementioned guys), cut profits AND spread the revenue that they are making amongst smaller market teams that will be benefitting from their losses just to even the playing field? People can say that the owners are going to make money regardless, but business logic 101 tells me that I doubt guys like Buss and Dolan, and guys like Pat Riley and Mark Cuban to a lesser extent are for this change in the slightest bit, if at all. If I know anything about money, it's that people want to make as much as they possibly can and not a cent less.

That leads me to this ridiculous idea that by having a hard cap these smaller market teams are somehow going to be able to compete. I hate to play the race card here, but this is the NBA - a predominantly African American league with a lot of young black males who've never had much suddenly being thrusted into the spotlight for the world to see and given tons of money that thy couldn't even imagine. That's honestly a lot to deal with at one time, despite people thinking that life suddenly better once becoming rich or those that can say what they would and wouldn't do with these millions of dollars these guys are making. It's a lot easier to say what you would or wouldn't do when you're not in that position. Do you guys think that teams like the Clippers, who have an owner that has all but confessed to being in this strictly for the money that he knows will come regardless of how his team does because his team is in LA, or a team like Minnesota who will never amount to anything no matter who falls into their lap, will suddenly attract guys that could actually make a difference? There's really only a few teams that are usually in contention for the most part every decade and sure enough it's usually the teams with larger markets. Occasionally you'll have a smaller market team that will show flashes of brilliance for awhile (San Antonio this past decade, the Rockets in the 90's come to mind) and win a championship, but that's more so because they are teams that are managed extremely well for the most part compared to teams who constantly draft poorly or overpay guys based on a good season or two. Most of the star guys or guys that owners think are going to be stars are going to play for the larger market teams because that's where the money and fame is at, with the occasional star player staying with one of the better small market teams because they have a competent owner that will make things work without breaking the bank to do so. Other than that, for the most part you're probably going to have a larger market team like the Lakers, the Bulls, the Knicks, the Heat, the Celtics and maybe the Mavericks or the Magic constantly in the mix then say a team like the Raptors, with the occasional outside team who builds their team the right way without spending a bunch of money to do so. Basically, the rich will get richer while the poor get poorer. A hard cap may not neccessarily stop a guy like Chris Paul, stuck on a team that has peaked already, from taking a huge pay cut to join the Knicks or Lakers, if some exemptions are made to it. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw him some money under the table just to do it. David Stern will never admit it, but the league would be better off contracting a lot of these small market teams, at least from a competitive point of view anyway. No one worth a damn is ever going to play their full career in a place like Toronto or Cleveland.

The players are said to be united as well, but like I stated with the owners, I don't believe that for one second. Guys like Lebron and Kobe and anyone else making over 14 million that actually deserve what they are getting paid are going to be the ones hit by these salary cuts the most. Yeah, they can make up for it trough endorsements and whatever else they may have going for them, but again, people naturally want their money and not a cent less. That can certainly cause a lot of issues within the union, and probably already has. I'm sure just like the owners, all the players aren't on the same page of this either.

I'm a die hard fan of the NBA. Basketball is my favorite sport to watch. At the same time, I'm a working guy, trying to make ends meet. I'm not discrediting any player in the NBA - they all certainly worked hard to get where they are no matter how much crap and criticism us fans give them. It's just sad to see such a display of selfishness and greed from everyone involved in this. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it and I'll certainly continue to live my life, but to act like I don't care would be ridiculous, just like this lockout is. This system is broken, has been broken for a long time, and is more than likely broke beyond repair. The league has been made out to be a joke because of it and the owners and (to a lesser extent) the players have no one to blame but themselves

[pic - click to view]

 6 years ago '05        #56
Trill Azz Nigga 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,740 | Props total: 16 16
good read
 6 years ago '04        #57
sc33 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$815 | Props total: 57 57
 VinceTran said:
this is why the league is done.. retards like this... first of all... you like Gunit?? nuff said..

8-9 billion pay cut?? all the players in the league put together don't make more then 2 billion in salary.. how many times did u get thrown out the window when you were born??

I'm on more on the owner side because i like to see everyone team have a chance to win?? looking at your favorite teams.. i'm guess you're a bandwagon jumper... Red socks/steelers and lakers are your favorite teams?? LOL wow just wow

Players are gonna lose because just like any company in the world... owners are the ones signing checks. What are they players gonna do?? look for different jobs?? the players are in a profession where there is only 1 option. THEY HAVE NO 2ND OPTIONS.

Apple is the perfect example. They are number 1 in their market. They have the highest prices. If you don't want it their product... they don't care. They are the top. the nba is the same. Top in their market. You don't want to play/watch the nba... go somewhere else, because there will be a million others who will.

u sound like my n*gga will ferrell when he shut the n*gga Mark Wahlberg about the tuna and lion
 07-02-2011, 04:10 AM         #58
Atwal11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
Your whole argument is stupid did u even listen to what Gil said . the SUPERSTAR PLAYERS ARE ALWAYS GONNA GO TO THE BIG CITY NO MATTER WHAT THE CAP IS . how are the owners gonna stop that due away with free Agent?? the owners dont care about been fair the nba has been this way for 30 years sh*t has nothing to do with fair that just there PR for stupid a.ss fans like u. THIS IS ABOUT MORE MONEY FOR THEM AND THAT ONLY.

NY Lal clippers have been horrible for years there big market teams San ant has won mult titles and there small market OKC is the smallest market there is and they have a good team. fact is in this system SMALL MARKET TEAMS CAN WIN IT S JUST THE FACT THAT MOST TEAMS DONT KNOW BASKETBALL WHICH IS WHY THEY STAY BAD. but u like the idiot you are listen to owners who say they wanna make sh*t more fair
this is about money they wanna pretty much gurantee them self money so instead of sharing money with owners they rather just r*pe the players.

BOTH FOOTBALL AND BASEBALL SHARE MONEY MORE THEN NBA AND THERE DOING FINE SAME TEAMS IN FOOTBALL AND BASEBALL ARE THERE EVERY YEAR BUT I DONT HERE U CRYING ABOUT THOSE SPORTS NOT BEEN FAIR. your an idiot and u dont even know wats going on
didn't they say adding up all the money the league made they still lost $600mill?? if that's true.. revenue sharing wouldn't make up that 600 mill.. they'd still be losing 600 mill.. it would just spread out over all the teams..
 07-02-2011, 04:12 AM         #59
mckart30  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NEVER THOUGHT ID SAY THIS BUT GILBERT IS RIGHT FOR ONCE... ALWAYS THE CLOWN BUT DAMN GUY NAILED THIS. THE OWNERS WILL SCREW US ALL TO GET THE B.S. LOWER CAP SPACE. A HARD CAP? ARE U SERIOUS??? MIAMI WILL HAVE TO BREAK UP THE BIG 3 OR ELSE THE WILL ONLY HAVE 5 OR SIX PLAYERS ON THEIR TEAM LOL

P.S. GIL PLEASE WORK ON GETTING THAT KNEE STRONGER AND REDEEM YOURSELF NEXT YEAR... YOU CAN BE GREAT IN ORLANDO IF U GET YOUR sh*t TOGETHER... NO MORE BUM PERFORMANCES OUT OF U OR DWIGHT IS GONE
 6 years ago '10        #60
Abose 3 
space
avatar space
space
$1,013 | Props total: 58 58
thats sum good sh*t from gil nd makes alot of sense
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 43
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
70 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 41
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 39
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
88 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 35
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 33
Damn!! Is all I can say
84 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
53 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 29
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
81 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 25
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
114 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy