Gilbert Arenas explains the lockout

most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
54 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-01-2011, 03:37 PM         #1
7294 pageviews
117 comments

Shakespeare 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gilbert Arenas explains the lockout

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Source.

For the people who don't know why the'yre lockin out... I'll explain it in real people terms. Lakers, Dallas, Miami, Knicks, Magic, Bulls, Boston, and a few others always have the best chance at the top free agents due to city and money. So the smaller cities team can't compete. So they can never get better and they're always losing money. So since they cant control each other spending money on players, they want us to do it for them by signing a new deal. It's that simple.

All the older owners have made their money and selling to new buyers, and the new buyers are getting k!lled in these small cities. But no matter what deal gets done, free agents are gonna go to the same cities ANYWAY. That's why the same teams stay good and the same teams stay bad. The owners with the most money will try to buy the best players.

So like the Lakers just signed a 175 million dollar TV deal. But they don't want to share that with the rest, they want US to do it. I know people are like, "You make 20 [million] and are not worth it..." TRUE. But the man who paid me thought I was too him. You're worth what someone gives you.

I haven't been to one meeting but I know when unrealistic people are trying to make a statement they're gonna do it. It's like me saying I wanna play 52 minutes-a-game every night. "Well there's only 48." WELL find me four more minutes then. If not, LOCKOUT. Lmaooooooo.

So when you hear your team say we're REBUILDING all they're saying is buy our tickets, watch us lose. The Clippers have been rebuilding for 20+ years and made one playoff series. You can be like Oklahoma City and have young talent but eventually you're gonna have to pay all those players and you can't. And then what happens? Umm the famous REBUILDING.

Lol it's a rat race they're tryin to get out of, and they need us to do it for them. SMH.

I see people saying teams like Spurs and Detroit did it. Well, the Spurs had a great team that got hit buy the injury bug and got the number 1 pick and got Duncan. So from there they just built around him. The Pistons got lucky. All the free agents they got was very cheap but good players. And that's why they broke up. They were worth more then they were before.

So I don't see it ending sooner. Trust me, they're gonna sit back and let us k!ll ourselves like last time. So I'm gonna tell y'all the truth, but no disrespecting anybody. There's no need for all that. If you're boss wants to pay you less he has a right to try and do so. [But] even if they have pay cuts then what? Are they gonna give out free food with all the extra money they're gettng? Ummmm no. They're gonna get a new 20 million dollar scoreboards and still scream we're losing money...

Did the owners address the media?

They will never talk about it because 22 out of the 30 have no idea about basketball.

117 comments for "Gilbert Arenas explains the lockout"

07-01-2011, 03:44 PM         #2
P Griff  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:cool-smiley-009: my n*gga
 6 years ago '05        #3
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,924 | Props total: 30316 30316
Lol damn
 6 years ago '10        #4
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,899 | Props total: 21182 21182
The god Hibachi needs to work on his grammar but I think he's absolutely right Maybe Fly 2ndcoming agrees with this as well since he's one of the few BXSC posters that make logical a.ssessments on here.
 6 years ago '10        #5
AriGold 171 heat pts171
space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 2221 2221
My n*gga :cool-smiley-009:
 6 years ago '05        #6
Gremlin 1095 heat pts1095
space
space
$9,876 | Props total: 4853 4853
Wow....he needs to stay blogging as hes the best in the game at THAT
 6 years ago '05        #7
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,711 | Props total: 7018 7018
wow this n*gga keeping it trill
 6 years ago '09        #8
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,424 | Props total: 12367 12367
Gil made some very good points and I applaud him for voicing it real.
 6 years ago '10        #9
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,374 | Props total: 9644 9644

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #10
kawgre12 14 heat pts14
space
space
$13,166 | Props total: 7743 7743
Perfectly said
 6 years ago '06        #11
Johnny Tapwater 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,557 | Props total: 2678 2678
WOW...

...I'd love to hear more players candid take on this matter...
 6 years ago '05        #12
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
in to read later.

realest n*gga in the history of sports.
 6 years ago '05        #13
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
cant wait for some stupid bx n*gga to come in and try to tell me what gil said wasnt 100 percent true. this thing is bs ppl are mad at the players for having big a.ss deals

yet not saying sh*t to the men that sign them to it , he is rite good players are always gonna wanna go to bigger better city,JUST LIKE ANY OTHER NORMAL HUMAN WOULD IF HAD THE CHANCE. Once again i cannot understand why any Fan would be on the owners side when they dont care about fair they dont care about everyone having a chance, they know the same teams are gonna be in the mix for most part they just wanna r*pe the players because if they do that then they wont have to share money with them self.

i am 100 percent with the Players Yes they should take some pay cuts but not the 8-9 BILLION DOLLARS SET BACK THE LEAGUE WANT THEM TO THATS INSANE
 6 years ago '08        #14
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 272 272
yea ive been telling people to follow him cause he's speaking the truth.

owners just trying to get richer. we as fans still gotta pay top dollar for everything, where is the relief for us.

no matter how this ends, i'm still giving up arms and legs for a hot dog thats been sittin out before the game even started. and the nba will continue to tell cities the arena they built 5 years ago is out of date for nba standards, and make taxpayers help pay for another

Last edited by iPunish901; 07-01-2011 at 04:29 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #15
DERRTY CHYBO 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,717 | Props total: 788 788
 6 years ago '07        #16
dionedre3000 
space
space
$8,973 | Props total: 791 791
 6 years ago '06        #17
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,412 | Props total: 102 102
I know people are like, "You make 20 [million] and are not worth it..." TRUE.

6 years ago '07        #18
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,536 | Props total: 43705 43705
gilbert is the fu*kin man. he repsonds to almost anyone that hits him up. he'll answer any question. realeast athlete on twitter
 07-01-2011, 04:36 PM         #19
Shakespeare  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VinceTran said:
this is why the league is done.. retards like this... first of all... you like Gunit?? nuff said..

8-9 billion pay cut?? all the players in the league put together don't make more then 2 billion in salary.. how many times did u get thrown out the window when you were born??

I'm on more on the owner side because i like to see everyone team have a chance to win?? looking at your favorite teams.. i'm guess you're a bandwagon jumper... Red socks/steelers and lakers are your favorite teams?? LOL wow just wow

Players are gonna lose because just like any company in the world... owners are the ones signing checks. What are they players gonna do?? look for different jobs?? the players are in a profession where there is only 1 option. THEY HAVE NO 2ND OPTIONS.

Apple is the perfect example. They are number 1 in their market. They have the highest prices. If you don't want it their product... they don't care. They are the top. the nba is the same. Top in their market. You don't want to play/watch the nba... go somewhere else, because there will be a million others who will.
The players aren't the ones who are stopping you from watching the NBA this year...the owners are. They want reciprocity for THEIR mistakes--stupid signings based off almost zero scouting, bad marketing decisions, etc.

I won't go into the many inaccuracies or fallacies in your post like the way you accosted the other guy you quoted because I'm above that, but you need to rethink the way you approach this matter. It's the reason why the owners are getting away with murder, and it's the reason the richest 1% in the nation get to do the same.

EDIT: Ronnie, WTF man...you've given out hot topics for less
 6 years ago '05        #20
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
 VinceTran said:
this is why the league is done.. retards like this... first of all... you like Gunit?? nuff said..

8-9 billion pay cut?? all the players in the league put together don't make more then 2 billion in salary.. how many times did u get thrown out the window when you were born??

I'm on more on the owner side because i like to see everyone team have a chance to win?? looking at your favorite teams.. i'm guess you're a bandwagon jumper... Red socks/steelers and lakers are your favorite teams?? LOL wow just wow

Players are gonna lose because just like any company in the world... owners are the ones signing checks. What are they players gonna do?? look for different jobs?? the players are in a profession where there is only 1 option. THEY HAVE NO 2ND OPTIONS.

Apple is the perfect example. They are number 1 in their market. They have the highest prices. If you don't want it their product... they don't care. They are the top. the nba is the same. Top in their market. You don't want to play/watch the nba... go somewhere else, because there will be a million others who will.
your an idiot the owners want players to take a 10 year deal which has set backs of 800-900 million dollars a year u avg that out to a 10 year deal that about 8-9 billion dollars like i said. GET YOUR FACTS STR8 BEFORE U RUN YOUR MOUTH IDIOT
STUPID a.ss SHEEP LIKE U MAKE IT EASIER FOR THE OWNERS TO r*pe US AND PLAYERS
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
70 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
55 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago