NBA Lockout is on | lockout Q&A via PBT

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
42 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #61
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
I was looking forward to the next NBA season coming off of that great Finals series

but if it has a shortened season, it wouldn't bother me, the playoffs are a season in itself

the 50 game season was perfect to me...they were playing back to back to back and had a regular playoffs...

I'm with the players...are the players overpaid? probably...but the owners were the ones handing out retarded contracts to the likes of Adonal Foyle

if some cracka is going to give me a 6 year $53 million and I ain't worth it, oh well, their fault for being dumb
 06-30-2011, 05:47 PM         #62
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo these basketball n*ggas are going to blow their money like it's our last days.......i can see it now, just getting a bunch of sh*t they really don't need.

oh well, more time for allen iverson to work on his game before he decides to jump right back in.
 6 years ago '10        #63
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,311 | Props total: 1963 1963
 ClevelandRay said:
LOCKOUT HAS STARTED!!!

NEW YORK -- NBA players are locked out, possibly jeopardizing next season.
Union chief Billy Hunter said Thursday afternoon that owners had locked out the players after failing to reach a new collective bargaining agreement.
With this latest action, two of four major professional sports in the United States are locked out. The NFL locked out its players in March, and the two sides have been in discussions this week, trying to work toward a new deal.
Despite a three-hour meeting Thursday, the NBA and its players could not close the enormous gap that remained in their positions. The CBA was due to expire at midnight.
Hunter said the union made a "moderate" new financial proposal, but it wasn't enough to keep the two sides at the bargaining table.
Hunter said the two sides plan to meet again in the next two to three weeks.
All league business is officially on hold, starting with the free agency period that would have opened Friday, and games eventually could be lost, too. The last lockout reduced the 1998-99 season to just a 50-game schedule, the only time the NBA missed games for a work stoppage.
"We tried to avoid the lockout; unfortunately, we couldn't reach a deal," union executive committee member Matt Bonner said.
The sides remained far apart on just about every major issue, from salaries to the salary cap, revenues to revenue sharing.
Players, who previously offered to reduce their salaries by $500 million over five years, considered the owners' proposal for a "flex" cap, where each team would be targeted to spend $62 million, a hard cap. Although the league said total player compensation would never dip below $2 billion over the life of its proposed 10-year deal, that would amount to a pay cut for the players, who were paid more than $2.1 billion this season in salaries and benefits.
Owners also wanted a reduction in the players' guarantee of 57 percent of basketball revenues.

Question: if the lockout last the whole season, how will the draft work? will teams get the same picks or will they be redrawn?
No season, no draft.. Duhhhh
 6 years ago '08        #64
bkid 126 heat pts126 OP
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 4542 4542
 Tommy_Bunz said:

oh well, more time for allen iverson to work on his game before he decides to jump right back in.
u think he gon practice more?

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #65
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,401 | Props total: 676 676
 Illuminati said:
why dont you negros go back to school for a change? this is boxdens best opportunity to do something with their lives, dont engross yourself in another sport.
man i'm done with school... just gotta wait till august to graduate... I guess its 2k11 2.0... Stern let these owners overpay these players for the last decade and a half... smh i knew it was coming but the NBA does not generate revenue like the NFL.... FACK!
 6 years ago '10        #66
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,859 | Props total: 20832 20832
Time to watch euro ball
 6 years ago '07        #67
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Some bullsh*t
 06-30-2011, 06:54 PM         #68
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilsnatch770 said:
If you think ratings are bad for the NBA now (which they are) wait until they lock out and then try to come back.

They'll be looking at NHL type ratings Instead of banking off of the success of these playoffs theyre locking out

boy you just be making up sh*t as you go about the nba.....let go of the hate...

NEW YORK (AP) -- More viewers are tuning into the NBA - and it's not just the fascination with the Miami Heat.

Television ratings for games on ESPN and TNT are up more than 30 percent so far this season compared to last year.

Sure, the Heat are drawing big audiences after a summer of free agent intrigue concluded with LeBron James and Chris Bosh joining Dwyane Wade in Miami. Ratings for Heat games on ESPN have increased 69 percent from last season.

But take out the five matchups involving Miami, and the network's NBA coverage is still up 23 percent from a year ago.

"It tipped off with a great deal of interest about the Heat and about 'The Decision,''' NBA Commissioner David Stern said last week, "and it seems to have gone from there, when the story lines have unfolded were not about the Heat initially - except about their struggles - but about San Antonio, New Orleans' start, the Knicks' start, the Lakers' start and the Lakers suddenly stumbling a little bit, the Celtics' strength.

"It's across the board,'' Stern said, "a whole variety of story lines.''

The successes of several prominent franchises have boosted viewership numbers. Ratings for ESPN's games are up 58 percent in Los Angeles, 56 percent in Boston and 36 percent in New York.

"It's sort of all jelling in a way,'' Stern said, "and our broadcasters are reaping the benefits of it, which is terrific for us because they've made this huge investment in us over the years.''

6 years ago '08        #69
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,534 | Props total: 17167 17167
Knicks Lost
 6 years ago '10        #70
Superboy504 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,919 | Props total: 147 147
here we go again.. and October is not that far away...
 6 years ago '07        #71
sleep23rd 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,822 | Props total: 293 293
Sharpens my 2k game then.. oh well....
 6 years ago '07        #72
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
As long as we have football its all good
 6 years ago '07        #73
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,621 | Props total: 2468 2468
fml i can't stand wack a.ss ncaa ..all i have to look fwd to sports wise is the nfl, whenever the hell the season starts
 6 years ago '08        #74
bkid 126 heat pts126 OP
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 4542 4542
Ric Bucher on twitter:
League office taking hard stand. Has told teams contact w/ players after midnight = $1 million fine.

6 years ago '05        #75
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
 TniaS said:
This is the year I've watched the least amount of basketball.... I dont know just not as entertaining... I wish player would stick with their teams so they could have an identity... Now its like if its not working out for a few months its time to move... Lame
wtf are u talking about bron was with cavs for 7 years.. bosh 7 years

melo 7 years. its not like they played a few months and left. see stupid a.ss sheep like

is why the owners will when your dumb a.ss. if u work somewhere for 7 years u have rite to go play where ever u want .
 6 years ago '08        #77
yungsavage05 
space
space
space
$675 | Props total: 1 1
damn shame....guess i'll be watching da wnba and female tennis
 6 years ago '08        #78
yungsavage05 
space
space
space
$675 | Props total: 1 1
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
wtf are u talking about bron was with cavs for 7 years.. bosh 7 years

melo 7 years. its not like they played a few months and left. see stupid a.ss sheep like

is why the owners will when your dumb a.ss. if u work somewhere for 7 years u have rite to go play where ever u want .
:agreement6: damn straight its a j.o.b. i can't make it more then 3
 6 years ago '05        #79
mic80205 
space
space
$411 | Props total: 47 47
 6 years ago '07        #80
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
 bkid said:
Ric Bucher on twitter:
League office taking hard stand. Has told teams contact w/ players after midnight = $1 million fine.

Thats pathetic
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
21 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
154 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy