LIL B Releases I'M GAY Album (Discussion Thread)

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
400 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-30-2011, 04:34 PM         #381
kiTHCen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kid Cunner said:
Where did I say Lil B is the next GOAT or that his lyrics were amazing B?

And fyi music isn't just about being "nasty" with your lyrics. Spitta isn't nasty at all with his lyrics, yet he makes some of the best music in current hip hop no? You can get a message across without saying overly complicated sh*t. I swear man sometimes the simplest lyrics can hold the most meaning.
TAKE DOWN YOUR fu*kING AVI THEN B spitta isnt nasty?

[video - click to view]

Yeah this n*gga aint nasty at all my bad.
 06-30-2011, 04:36 PM         #382
kiTHCen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Barack Obonga said:

thought provoking

its obvious you didnt listen to the cee lo track.
 6 years ago '05        #383
SMG 
space
space
$2,858 | Props total: 7 7
 Matt504 said:
so now this becomes, Ceelow is a more thought provoking lyricist than lil b? if you wanna play that card, then don't limit it to Lil B, because the sh*t that ceelow spit in that poem, sh*t's on easily more than 90 percent of anything any of the rappers you've probably ever heard have ever spit.
I think the fact that he's comparing Lil' B to Cee Lo at all is testament to how thought-provoking he actually thinks Lil' B is...
 6 years ago '08        #384
senseispab 
space
space
$941 | Props total: 0 0
 theHighlife04 said:
This album is like a larger scale Angels Exodus LP. I was never a fan of Lil B and was one of the people who swore it was all one big joke. Until I heard that album. I will agree that his music is a mess, it's all over the place and he really just rambles over the beat, somewhat incoherently at times. That said, what he was (trying) to say was very real and positive and it was done over beats that were melodic enough to chill to.

With "I"m Gay" it sounds like he took the same approach but put more effort into it. I really think the biggest issue with Lil B is his level of education and awareness of the world we live in. Or lack therefore of. After a full listen to this album, you can tell that he is passionate about what he is saying (spitting really isn't the right word) and he is trying his best to convey positive messages to people and I respect that. I think what hinders him the most is lack of a higher education so that he can properly articulate his words, form proper verses/hooks (not that they are mandatory for good music) and speak his mind. There still is a lot of really good material on this album, in my opinion, though and some songs that really make me think about positivity in life and from what I gather, that's all he cares about. Although I fail to see where the positivity is in songs like Wonton Soup, Violate her, *insert 100 other songs*, etc...

"I Hate Myself" is a perfect example of a song that I think is really positive and has a great message but I feel like he has a really hard time trying to express himself due to his own limitations.

At the end of the day, I think he does make some good music and has more potential but I'm still torn as to how I feel about him as an artist in general.
Good post
 6 years ago '11        #385
Kid Cunner 400 heat pts400
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 2 2
 kiTHCen said:
TAKE DOWN YOUR fu*kING AVI THEN B spitta isnt nasty?

Yeah this n*gga aint nasty at all my bad.
You don't have to show me spitta songs, I've been a fan for years. I have almost every song he has ever put out. Spitta lyrics are not nasty in any way. They are simple, slick, and to the point. But thats why his lyrics are good to me. He doesn't need over complicated punchlines and metaphors to make his point. That's why everybody was saying that Freddie Gibbs k!lled him on Scottie Pippen..when in fact if you really knew Spitta you would know he isn't a rapper that is going to outshine most artists lyrically. Spittas flow is his main weapon, everybody with sense knows this. After that, his strongest suit would be the fact that he picks some of the best original production for his projects. He is able to hop on beats that most artists can't, which goes back to his flow. He can switch it up to match any beat almost perfectly, most artists can't do this. After all that, his smooth talking/lyrics come into play. His lyrics aren't bad by any means, but they are very simple and to the point. The way he delivers them is what makes them what they are.

This brings me to Lil B. His lyrics are simple as well, but at the end of the day less is more in most cases. People confuse complexity for lyricism, and overlook the message of something entirely. Some artists really ain't saying sh*t, but it SOUNDS like they are. An artist like Lil B says the most real sh*t you will ever here, outside of his "based/arrogant" music. When Lil B is being serious, he is more of a spoken word artist than a rapper. Who are you to say his flow is bad? Maybe he wants to talk so that you actually listen? That's like walking into a museum and coming across that one random sculpture that looks like something you have never seen before. It appears like it makes no fu*king sense, but who are you to say that it doesn't have a significant meaning to the artist who made it? Once yall realize that art in any form is not wrong, then maybe yall will accept Lil B. Imagine going up to a painter, and telling him he's painting wrong.... yall are THOSE guys.
 6 years ago '08        #386
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,534 | Props total: 17165 17165
So lets keep it 1000, how many of the Based fans here are actually GAY and glad Lil Brandon actually blessed you (pause) in your Gay Pride Month before it comes to end.
 6 years ago '04        #387
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,386 | Props total: 6415 6415
 HotepSuns said:
he made the album seem like it was going to be a concept album...."make people change how they look at/use words"...he DID none of that...he didn't even attempt to do that...the title was what we all knew it was from the beginning...a big marketing gimmick.....which will probably work to his benefit....but still retarded..
that is true but i saw that coming when he put the (im happy) disclaimer on it
 6 years ago '05        #388
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,089 | Props total: 4228 4228
ya'll talking about all this insightful sh*t, but no one is dropping any lines from this n*gga

i understand how n*ggas can bump lil' b on some comedy sh*t..... but ya'll must be being sarcastic saying his attempts @ being "deep" even make sense....ya'll comparing this dude to all these artist that can rap somewhat (big sean, wiz, blu, etc.), i don't get it........ a poor man's joe budden wtf..... maybe a poor man's MF Doom, and barely even that
 6 years ago '08        #389
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
 Barack Obonga said:
u suspect for knowing a homos3xual pride month existed

You're an ignorant low life for not realizing those homos got their month and if you live in NYC

you know that since their Parade gets treated like is a big deal, specially this year since that

gay marriage Law sh*t happened.

oh btw why you dodged the question?.......

if Lil Brandon can say "IM GAY", then any of his fans can say it to, so are you Gay for his Album?, simple yes or No.

Last edited by The N; 06-30-2011 at 05:32 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #390
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
space
$21,788 | Props total: 173 173
well some one keeps on hacking my server... its not ice tho
 6 years ago '09        #391
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 73 73
starting to listen first song beat is nasty
 6 years ago '08        #392
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
 Barack Obonga said:
im happy for liking his album not homos3xual

ur an ignorant low life for questioning a n*gga like me

I needed to question you, that post was specifically to call you out, notice you only replied to it.

you seem to be very GAY for the album......

not sure why your Gay a.ss would get offended over a simple question though

which you ended up answering anyways, so you are Gay for him

stop that beating around the bush sh*t "im happy for liking his album", YOU'RE GAY

for him or are you not all excited for the project?, don't be ignorant and just tell BX already

that you're Gay.

Last edited by The N; 06-30-2011 at 05:45 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #393
BaseHeadCC 8 heat pts
space
space
$735 | Props total: 2 2

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Lil B used that Spirited Away melody for "Gon Be Okay" definetly my favorite rapper of all time for that sample alone, definetly need to peep the production credits for this album.
 6 years ago '04        #394
xRipAnT24x 
space
space
$5,409 | Props total: 521 521
 FappingFapstar said:
starting to listen first song beat is nasty
can you fap to it ?
 6 years ago '09        #395
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 73 73
he cant rap on beat for sh*t......dam his only problem

flow n delivery needs work

he spits real sh*t tho like on the 2nd track
 6 years ago '04        #396
Snipper 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,215 | Props total: 935 935
wtf, i though already was going to be here
i need this track the dirty version already.....
 6 years ago '11        #397
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,320 | Props total: 8444 8444
 The N said:
I needed to question you, you seem to be very GAY for the album......

not sure why your Gay a.ss would get offended over a simple question though

which you ended up answering anyways, you are Gay for him
You are insecure with your own s3xuality it seems calling someone gay that many times.
 6 years ago '08        #398
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
I am trying to make a point here focker, I am just simply asking you fans IF YOU'RE GAY for him

and his new project, all of you get emotional and become insecure over a simple question

I am sure he would ask you.

Last edited by The N; 06-30-2011 at 05:52 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #399
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,320 | Props total: 8444 8444
focker. The N got jokes.
 6 years ago '08        #400
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
I specifically typed it that way to for a reason, I want all the fans to let me know if they they are GAY

one of them already told me yes, others need to keep it 1000 like he did.

Don't act weird or get offended around the word GAY, not when you just listened to an album

titled like this one.

Obonga there told me he is GAY, the others "Based" ones need to follow up, take it bigger

if you want and say it on Twitter it would give your God a good promo.

Last edited by The N; 06-30-2011 at 05:58 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy