Jun 28 - Abercrombie & Fitch Won't Let Muslim Woman Live, Fires Her For Wearing Hijab

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
174 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #41
tanman10 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,075 | Props total: 1 1
 Eddie.. said:
you can practice them in your house

but if I own a business, you not wearing that and working for me at the same time.
this is on the same level of racism as a white man discriminating against a black man because of his skin color or vice versa.

You're the reason America isn't getting past its racism problem.
 6 years ago '07        #42
Jae_Mike 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,387 | Props total: 1062 1062
 playazinc said:
Props to AC. When in Rome you do as the Romans do. Full face coverings, veils, etc .. you need to a.ssimilate into the cultures of the countries you go to. It never should he the other way around. My homeboys parents from India. His pops always says, if my wife wanted to live like we did in India we shouldn't have come to the USA and had our kids here.
Way too much liberalism these days with respect to bending over to accommodate everyone ELSE from other countries. If I wanna act American, and do American things, when I want, then I dont go to the Middle East and try to do them. You do what the locals do!! That's why you WENT THERE!! Or, wait, are our customs good only when it suits you!!

Religion and Eastern / Western Cultures are two very different things my good sir
 6 years ago '04        #43
y2kingsfan 
space
space
space
$265 | Props total: 0 0
I'm surprised they hired her in the first place...

I hope she gets paid. I hate that store...they spread so much ignorance
 6 years ago '04        #44
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,813 | Props total: 1478 1478
 jeehtoven said:
Yessir. A&F is notorious for discrimination upon their employees. I got 3K from them because they wouldn't schedule for work me because I was black.

They want to promote a white culture. That's why only recent have you seen other races in their catalogs.
n*gga A&F or atleast over my way got more black people then the coogi store now...

I worked their for a bit in high school for the discount

They treat all their employees like sh*t... expected you to do something every single second... only reason I worked their was because I worked with these bad a.ss bi*ches... and the discount. pay you like sh*t too, but their clothes are so fu*king high priced..
 6 years ago '07        #45
dipset121 39 heat pts39
space
space
$2,260 | Props total: 15 15
 sosobased said:
i agree. ALL religion has no place in the business world. leave that soft sh*t out of it.
this mans correct
 6 years ago '04        #46
jake_starrz 
space
space
$978 | Props total: 0 0
 playazinc said:
Props to AC. When in Rome you do as the Romans do. Full face coverings, veils, etc .. you need to a.ssimilate into the cultures of the countries you go to. It never should he the other way around. My homeboys parents from India. His pops always says, if my wife wanted to live like we did in India we shouldn't have come to the USA and had our kids here.
Way too much liberalism these days with respect to bending over to accommodate everyone ELSE from other countries. If I wanna act American, and do American things, when I want, then I dont go to the Middle East and try to do them. You do what the locals do!! That's why you WENT THERE!! Or, wait, are our customs good only when it suits you!!
damn ur indian friends dad is a paki uncle tom
 6 years ago '08        #47
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,835 | Props total: 9156 9156
i aint know boxden was this ignorant
 6 years ago '10        #48
Space 2020 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,757 | Props total: 164 164
Cmon yall this would be like a fubo worker rockin AF.

Lets be real here. Jobs have dress codes lets not forget.

Still don't fu*k with AF but I don't see a problem.

Imagine AF with fools wearin yamakas and towels that's not the image they goin for...

EDIT: If you rock AF and your not white off yourself btw
 6 years ago '06        #49
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
I agree they shouldn't have fired her, but being an open minded person some people do bring up interesting points. Such as dress codes, should u be able to make ur own dress code that everyone sticks to? And that they say religion has no place in schools or government, should it in business?
 6 years ago '04        #50
Barcode 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,145 | Props total: 27 27
I work at one in manhattan & sometimes theyre a little funny about bs, cant deny it.
I dont work there for the money though, I work for the easy pus*y. & IM BLACK!
 6 years ago '10        #51
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
fu*k AF, American eagle, hollister. Whack a.ss clothing. Hope they all go outta business. Hope girl gets paid.
 6 years ago '04        #52
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,081 | Props total: 4427 4427
 Shea-bird said:
It's called an employer's dress code. If you want to wear certian things, apply and work at a job which allows you to. Don't pretend like you're being discriminated about and try and sue them. What a fu*king leech.
her boss at the abercrombie she worked at when they hired her said it was ok
 06-29-2011, 12:38 AM         #53
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
she about to get paid....thats a lotto ticket right there
 6 years ago '06        #54
BCB 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,548 | Props total: 113 113
so a american.."hat" is part of your religion? so if the job says "if you happen to be black, we may call you a n... from time to time." and if u wanna work here, this is req. you have to comply? like they said .. she wore it from day one, and then they flipped the script. But her religion doesn't show or effect her job, unless someone asks about it. so her garb/scarf is just part of her look til u go "why u wear that.." and most people know why, so they dont ask, already know, and do not care. A&F is the new HILFIGER of 2011. Maybe im missing something. but i think she can rock it. they promoting clothing, not religion. You dont ask ppl "whats ur background/ history" when you are cashing out.

Last edited by BCB; 06-29-2011 at 01:15 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #55
Abose 3 
space
space
$1,013 | Props total: 58 58
 big blak afrika said:
I could've sworn the reason whites stole this land was to escape religious intolerance.
end thread
 6 years ago '04        #56
mtbatol 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,700 | Props total: 1163 1163
 iCON-8 said:
That towel sh*t on their heads is dumb as hell.. if you want to wear that garbage go back to your country and rock that sh*t.. Stupid muslim fu*kers need to learn how to blend into societies they live in instead of trying to act higher then everyone else and act like they have a right to things over other people...

Dumb wh0ore
 playazinc said:
 Shea-bird said:
It's called an employer's dress code. If you want to wear certian things, apply and work at a job which allows you to. Don't pretend like you're being discriminated about and try and sue them. What a fu*king leech.
 sosobased said:
i agree. ALL religion has no place in the business world. leave that soft sh*t out of it.
 Eddie.. said:
you can practice them in your house

but if I own a business, you not wearing that and working for me at the same time.
Good job losing sight of the fact that gov't laws which state this bullsh*t is illegal trumps over the bullsh*t rules of AC along with the fact that her managers who hired her used this common sense to NOT break the law & hire her as long as she met them halfway in wearing her head wraps in company colors while NOT compromising her religious beliefs.

Look forward to you folks somehow being managers and putting your companies into the pathway of a multi-million dollar descrimination lawsuit ... and extra s if you mofos are anything but privileged whites typing this bullshi+ seeing how AC would discriminate against your blackass too - either that or yall gotta be trolling in which case good job
 6 years ago '04        #57
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,813 | Props total: 1478 1478
This is the same thing that got disney in hot water... its funny how the manager set that sh*t up knowing on the inside they shouldn't have hired her did... I bet corporate is pissed to shreds...
 6 years ago '04        #58
ins109 
space
space
space
$402 | Props total: 452 452
This thread is getting way too personal. Anyhow, my 2 cents...

Missy had the scarf on when she was hired. Manager told her to wear them in company colors, and everything is cool. Works for 4 months, then is fired by dist manager, someone over hiring managers head. A&F messed up big time with this one. Depending on how this "look policy" is worded and how good the lawyer is at finding loopholes in this policy, It seems like there is a nice sum of cash coming her way. A&F will get tons of negative publicity if this gets really big, so they will most likely pay her to stfu.

With that being said, I still agree that people expect America to bend over backwards to accomodate everyone. America is a democracy, with a constitution. However, Abercrombie is NOT. This is a privately owned organization, with no constution. Most jobs now have the empolyee sign an "at will empoyment" agreement. This states that AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, OR NO REASON AT ALL, EMPLOYMENT MAY BE TERMINATED BY EITHER THE EMPLOYEE, OR EMPLOYER. They didnt fire her because she was muslim, they fired her because her look didnt fit the company ideals. Just as if a hooters waitress were to gain 100 lbs, she may suddenly find herself out of work. People are using this religion thing as a major scapegoat.
 06-29-2011, 02:20 AM         #59
Infamous B 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regulate said:
If you don't understand the simple fact that the constitution trumps whatever little rules you may have in your business, you don't deserve to live in america.
she didnt get arrested for it, just fired.

the bill of rights has nothing to do with private business policies/practices
 06-29-2011, 02:23 AM         #60
Infamous B 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ins109 said:
With that being said, I still agree that people expect America to bend over backwards to accomodate everyone. America is a democracy, with a constitution. However, Abercrombie is NOT. This is a privately owned organization, with no constution. Most jobs now have the empolyee sign an "at will empoyment" agreement. This states that AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, OR NO REASON AT ALL, EMPLOYMENT MAY BE TERMINATED BY EITHER THE EMPLOYEE, OR EMPLOYER. They didnt fire her because she was muslim, they fired her because her look didnt fit the company ideals. Just as if a hooters waitress were to gain 100 lbs, she may suddenly find herself out of work. People are using this religion thing as a major scapegoat.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I'm taking that one-way flight to London
16 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy