Charles Barkley if he had the No. 1 overall pick, he would have taken big man Enes Kanter.

most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
29 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
5413 pageviews
57 comments

T2THEONE 859 heat pts859
space
space
$6,451 | Props total: 1678 1678
Charles Barkley if he had the No. 1 overall pick, he would have taken big man Enes Kanter.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Full Audio Interview Charles Barkley if he had the No. 1 overall pick, he would have taken big man Enes Kanter.

NBA analyst Charles Barkley joined the Dan Patrick Show to talk about the draft and the state of the NBA. Here are some of his snippets:

– Barkley said don’t be optimistic about avoiding a lockout: “In my honest opinion I don’t
think we’re going to play at all next year,” Barkley said. “I think everything is out of wack and I think these owners are in it for Armageddon.”

– Barkley said if he had the No. 1 overall pick, he would have taken big man Enes Kanter.
“I think he was the best player in the draft,” Barkley said. “I’m not sure about Irving’s speed. Derrick Williams is a terrific player, but I’m not sure if he’s a 3 or a 4.”

– Barkley had a question about Jimmer Fredette: is he going to learn to play the point or is he going to be like Jason Terry and come off the bench

57 comments for "Charles Barkley if he had the No. 1 overall pick, he would have taken big man Enes Kanter."

6 years ago '10        #2
getshook8 2 heat pts
space
space
$827 | Props total: 0 0
which is why he isnt an NBA GM
 6 years ago '06        #3
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$29,029 | Props total: 10695 10695
He also had #1 overall pick in fantasy draft of any player ever and he took allen iverson
 6 years ago '09        #4
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,432 | Props total: 12370 12370
Its debatable. I wouldn't have had a problem if the Cavs had taken Kanter #1 overall. They still could have gotten a PG at #4 and possibly even Kyrie at #4 because I'm not so sure the Jazz or Wolves would have taken him but you never know.
 6 years ago '04        #5
refuze 285 heat pts285
space
space
$18,701 | Props total: 15530 15530
Kyrie Irving gives the Cavs a better chance to compete in the future. I'm sure Kanter would have been a nice pick too but Irving gives that franchise hope as long as they put the right pieces around him.
 6 years ago '08        #6
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,773 | Props total: 12276 12276
I watched Kanter on the NBA Draft Combine Special dude really is a beast.

I'm just happy MJ took Byiombo and Kemba got the City in a tizzy..If Byiombo is really 18 he gonna be ill on Defense and catching lobs he is ferocious around the basket on offense and defense.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '09        #7
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,168 | Props total: 22627 22627
do y'all really think kyrie gives the cavs a better chance to win right now more so than baron davis?
 6 years ago '11        #8
Lucky Lefty14 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,217 | Props total: 65 65
 TriniSoldier said:
do y'all really think kyrie gives the cavs a better chance to win right now more so than baron davis?
I'm not so sure, Baron Davis is still a decent PG and is still capable of getting the Cavs to crack the 30 wins barrier.

The learning curve for rookie PG's is a little bit steeper than years past and the PG pool in the East alone is pretty tough to go against 3-4 times a year (Rose, Rondo, D-Will, Billups, etc.)...and not having a lot of action because of the injury last year doesn't help his cause either.

But Byron Scott is real good with PG's so it will be interesting to see how Irving's first season goes.
 6 years ago '06        #9
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,565 | Props total: 18074 18074
I would too Kanter is like Cousins without the mental problems. Cousins is better than anyone in this draft outside of Kanter
 6 years ago '09        #10
space
space
 Mike Nitty said:
I watched Kanter on the NBA Draft Combine Special dude really is a beast.

I'm just happy MJ took Byiombo and Kemba got the City in a tizzy..If Byiombo is really 18 he gonna be ill on Defense and catching lobs he is ferocious around the basket on offense and defense.
Just a question but why the issue about his age? Even if he is 22 like some are saying he is thats still pretty fu*king young.
 6 years ago '07        #11
Ratty Tat Tat 
space
space
space
$971 | Props total: 56 56
No. he would draft Iverson.......

Everytime I hear Barkely i think of this........

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #12
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859 OP
space
space
 Ratty Tat Tat said:

6 years ago '04        #13
refuze 285 heat pts285
space
space
To be honest, this year's draft is weak as hell compared to others in the past. I feel like the Cavs did the right thing by drafting Irving.

The era of spectacular point guards in the league is close to full bloom (D. Williams, Chris Paul, John Wall, Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, etc). A playmaker like that can drastically change your team. Give Irving 2-3 years and he'll make his team playoff bound if they build the right pieces around him.

And Irving > Baron Davis

Davis already hit his peak, he has no upward potential at this point in his career
 6 years ago '08        #14
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859 OP
space
space
 refuze said:
To be honest, this year's draft is weak as hell compared to others in the past. I feel like the Cavs did the right thing by drafting Irving.

The era of spectacular point guards in the league is close to full bloom (D. Williams, Chris Paul, John Wall, Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, etc). A playmaker like that can drastically change your team. Give Irving 2-3 years and he'll make his team playoff bound if they build the right pieces around him.

And Irving > Baron Davis

Davis already hit his peak, he has no upward potential at this point in his career
I agree, I think he will be nice in a few years, I don't think he's as explosive as some of the guards you mention. But I thinks the Cavs went in the right direction.
 6 years ago '09        #15
space
space
That word potential is for losers and yearly lottery bound teams. I dont see a lot of teams contending for titles talking about a player's potential. Even the ones who had a down year or two they quickly brought in veterans to get back on top because they weren't concerned with the potential of 18-20 year olds just the potential of raising the Larry O Brien.
 6 years ago '05        #16
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
smh Baron can still play he just been on horrible teams and said fu*k it... if baron is focus he can be a pretty good pg in league
 6 years ago '04        #17
refuze 285 heat pts285
space
space
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
smh Baron can still play he just been on horrible teams and said fu*k it... if baron is focus he can be a pretty good pg in league
Yeah he can still play, but no team is gonna want that high salary of his.

Davis on the Lakers would be something though
 6 years ago '08        #18
JRisgr8! 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,711 | Props total: 483 483
B Diddy aint bout to let young slim snatch his starting gig. but cleveland was lookin for a face for their franchise as well
 6 years ago '10        #19
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,904 | Props total: 21191 21191
 Fly 2ndComing said:
That word potential is for losers and yearly lottery bound teams. I dont see a lot of teams contending for titles talking about a player's potential. Even the ones who had a down year or two they quickly brought in veterans to get back on top because they weren't concerned with the potential of 18-20 year olds just the potential of raising the Larry O Brien.

Being a Knicks fan I've heard potential thrown around way tooooooooooooooooooooo many times
 06-27-2011, 06:19 PM         #20
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ratty Tat Tat said:

he was so shocked he had the wrong idea about it the whole time

but what top PG drafted high has won anything? Yes they help their teams compete but what have they won?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
97 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy