Gamestop Rant from a former co-manager...Explain Gamestop Ripping Off Customers

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
130 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
284 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #21
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Y.G. said:
I knew this n*gga was on his horse galloping in here.
And? My wife works for Gamestop, I used to work for Gamestop, and I own Gamestop stock. Why wouldn't I support them? The better their bottom line is, the more my stock is worth. I'm not knocking anyone for not going to shop there, I know they do a lot of suspect sh*t. It's just like Iron Maiden said they're just like any other business trying to get paid. I'm not so sure why you're so concerned with me as if I'm the only one who doesn't have a problem with Gamestop. Run along and go play in the wireless section where you can berate everyone you want and put a BX smiley in every post you make.
 6 years ago '10        #22
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
$9,242 | Props total: 1285 1285
 IronMaiden said:
They give the same amount as GS does with a power up card and bestbuy.
Yeah but they have deals for new games, Gamestop dont.

Black ops stays 55 in Gamestop year around. Amazon sells that sh*t for 42 new and their used ones are like 35ish compared to gamestops 5 dollars off for a used game at 49
 6 years ago '04        #23
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
I support Gamestop
 06-25-2011, 02:40 PM         #24
Spid3yo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I only listened to the first 4 minutes of the first video....and I don't find this guy to be credible at all.

First off he throws out a lot of blanket statements he knows nothing about "they make a sh*t ton of money". Really, how would he know? Does he look at the books, how would he know how much profit they make? Plus LOL @ him making up minimum wage numbers.

"We give somebody 5 dollars for a game, and put it on the shelf for 15". OF course you do, that's the point. If pay a premium for taking your games there, if you think you can get 15-20 on your own then do it, but chances are you don't have nearly the medium or resources GS does.
 6 years ago '05        #25
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,645 | Props total: 13749 13749
 I AM LEGEND said:
And? My wife works for Gamestop, I used to work for Gamestop, and I own Gamestop stock. Why wouldn't I support them? The better their bottom line is, the more my stock is worth. I'm not knocking anyone for not going to shop there, I know they do a lot of suspect sh*t. It's just like Iron Maiden said they're just like any other business trying to get paid. I'm not so sure why you're so concerned with me as if I'm the only one who doesn't have a problem with Gamestop. Run along and go play in the wireless section where you can berate everyone you want and put a BX smiley in every post you make.

[pic - click to view]

Get off GameStop's c*ck you uppity negro, you embarrassing us.
 6 years ago '04        #26
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36 OP
space
space
$8,941 | Props total: 3140 3140
 Spid3yo said:
I only listened to the first 4 minutes of the first video....and I don't find this guy to be credible at all.

First off he throws out a lot of blanket statements he knows nothing about "they make a sh*t ton of money". Really, how would he know? Does he look at the books, how would he know how much profit they make? Plus LOL @ him making up minimum wage numbers.

"We give somebody 5 dollars for a game, and put it on the shelf for 15". OF course you do, that's the point. If pay a premium for taking your games there, if you think you can get 15-20 on your own then do it, but chances are you don't have nearly the medium or resources GS does.

Dude got punched from behind the counter in the 6th video...I see that's what everybody doing is skimming through the videos (Which I don't blame cause it's 7 of them) but he do have some valid points...
 6 years ago '05        #27
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,904 | Props total: 21021 21021
Damn, this dude must've been done dirty. These videos are like an hour combined? This n*gga mad.
 6 years ago '06        #28
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
$12,533 | Props total: 1036 1036
He got really good points man......We had to sell reserve and gamestop cards like we got commish....People would get fired if you couldnt sell sh*t like that..Noone got a commish off sh*t and it went straight into gamestop's pocket..Its hilarious b/c his sitution is almost the same as mine....I was an ASM and my SM left. Gamestop decides to hire a 45 year old woman who didnt own a single system or game....She was a bi*ch and didnt know sh*t about games..Hes also right about DMs and RMs...Those people would come in and expect a single ASM or SGA to change the store completely while serving customers, opening shippment, and cleaning off the back counter...I think all gamers should have a chance to work with gamestop...I would go home after work and not play a single game b/c of gamestop...Im drawing unemployment from gamestop now and couldnt be happier Thanks GS
 6 years ago '06        #29
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
 Tsukuyomi said:
disgruntled employee?
Try working for them and you would join the club

If you could get in gamestop with a manager who enjoys games then you got it made, but try working for someone who doesnt care about the games....Gamestop isnt worth working for.....Call me bitter, I dont care....I still shop at gamestop b/c if your smart...They actually run decent deals when you can find them....Word of Advance....Dont ever buy the last copy of a new game from gamestop...Those are the ones thats been opened and put into tight a.ss sleeves that actually damage the games
 6 years ago '06        #30
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
 MumblesDaHumble said:
lol i'm sure they make much more from a new game sell.
no sir.....Gamestop makes 70 to 80% of all profits off used products.....They actually dont make that much from new sh*t
 6 years ago '04        #31
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36 OP
space
space
$8,941 | Props total: 3140 3140
 titanreese said:
He got really good points man......We had to sell reserve and gamestop cards like we got commish....People would get fired if you couldnt sell sh*t like that..Noone got a commish off sh*t and it went straight into gamestop's pocket..Its hilarious b/c his sitution is almost the same as mine....I was an ASM and my SM left. Gamestop decides to hire a 45 year old woman who didnt own a single system or game....She was a bi*ch and didnt know sh*t about games..Hes also right about DMs and RMs...Those people would come in and expect a single ASM or SGA to change the store completely while serving customers, opening shippment, and cleaning off the back counter...I think all gamers should have a chance to work with gamestop...I would go home after work and not play a single game b/c of gamestop...Im drawing unemployment from gamestop now and couldnt be happier Thanks GS

That's what Im saying People bashing him but he's speaking from an manager standpoint...you would have to work there to fully relate to half of the things he saying. ppl in the thread just speaking from a customer standpoint. Outside looking in.

GS do dirty sh*t...
 6 years ago '10        #32
Rick Ross 224 heat pts224
space
space
$10,710 | Props total: 11199 11199
 slimgangsta18 said:
Got Punched by a Customer On Cam

:rofl :
 6 years ago '04        #33
space
space
 Y.G. said:

[pic - click to view]

I'm uppity because I invest my money instead of wasting it? If you really think that a paragraph is a lot to read you're the one embarrassing us.
 6 years ago '06        #34
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
I just find it funny....Everything he is saying is experiences I had with gamestop....2nd video, he goes on a rant about taking used systems and he is right. I took a used original Xbox infested with roaches and was forced to sell it b/c it still worked....People have there own experiences but a customer really doesnt know how it goes at gamestop...You really dont know until you work as a SGA or ASM at gamestop
 6 years ago '06        #35
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
 MumblesDaHumble said:
Okay, it seems they get about 12$ for new games sold.
Yea...they get about 30 to 40 bucks in profits for a used game sold depending on how much they had to give for it...Which is normally 15 to 20 bucks
 6 years ago '11        #36
NiMaD 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,643 | Props total: 160 160
issue fixed. just don't go there and they will die out
 6 years ago '04        #37
space
space
 NiMaD said:
issue fixed. just don't go there and they will die out
Casual shoppers will always shop there. They don't know any better. They're not going anywhere.
 06-25-2011, 04:00 PM         #38
TheCityOnMyMind 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y.G. said:

[pic - click to view]

thats a great pic.....right click, saved
 6 years ago '05        #39
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,645 | Props total: 13749 13749
 I AM LEGEND said:
I'm uppity because I invest my money instead of wasting it? If you really think that a paragraph is a lot to read you're the one embarrassing us.
Bro, go back to uploading your 263 exabytes of pr0n.
 6 years ago '08        #40
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23332 23332
lol, n*gga all you deserve is minimum wage at gamestop. fu*k outta here. You want better pay go get a better job bi*ch.

"I don't know much about running a business or anything like that"

exactly

Last edited by Arson; 06-25-2011 at 04:27 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
99 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
14 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy