Gamestop Rant from a former co-manager...Explain Gamestop Ripping Off Customers

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
135 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
286 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
11451 pageviews
125 comments

King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,941 | Props total: 3140 3140
Gamestop Rant from a former co-manager...Explain Gamestop Ripping Off Customers

Dude explains the Low down sh*t behind Gamestop Hustle Scheme....

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

About Selling PPL Pre-Order Copies...LOL

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Got Punched by a Customer On Cam

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by King Kusanagi; 06-25-2011 at 12:12 PM..

125 comments for "Gamestop Rant from a former co-manager...Explain Gamestop Ripping Off Customers"

6 years ago '04        #2
Thangstah 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,380 | Props total: 88 88
dont blame GS for making thier money

blame dumb a.ss customers
 6 years ago '05        #3
Rapjunkie 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,778 | Props total: 16 16
i could only stomach little snippets of the very first one before i had to turn it off but ill say this, its no secret that they give you like 20 bucks for a brand new game and then sell it for 50 or 55, thats just their business i dont really have a problem with paying 5 or 10 less for something that just came out really, but the real problem lies in the games that have BEEN out that somehow remain at the 20-30 dollar range when they would only give you 5 or 6 bucks MAYBE 10 if you were to bring in for trade. thats the only bullsh*t to me, i mean they are making at the MINIMUM twice what theyll give you for older games.
 6 years ago '06        #4
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,982 | Props total: 4009 4009
 Rapjunkie said:
i could only stomach little snippets of the very first one before i had to turn it off but ill say this, its no secret that they give you like 20 bucks for a brand new game and then sell it for 50 or 55, thats just their business i dont really have a problem with paying 5 or 10 less for something that just came out really, but the real problem lies in the games that have BEEN out that somehow remain at the 20-30 dollar range when they would only give you 5 or 6 bucks MAYBE 10 if you were to bring in for trade. thats the only bullsh*t to me, i mean they are making at the MINIMUM twice what theyll give you for older games.
Yup. Took a brand new, unopened MW2 for PS3 not long ago. Looked at the shelf and it was going for $50. They refused to give me store credit without a receipt, but he said he'd give me $10 for it. fu*kin idiot. I hope they go out of business.

Amazon >
 6 years ago '09        #5
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,071 | Props total: 1120 1120
Yeah, Gamestop is grimy but at the same time who you gonna go to? EBgames? Gamestop owns them too . Lets face facts, besides a pawn shop where else you gonna take your used Smackdown vs Raw 2006 or PS1 games? In the shiesty world of Gamestop they do offer good deals sometimes. Like I remember when UFC 2010 came out and you could get it for $20 if you traded in 2 games off this list they had. Luckily for me they were older games (Skate 2, UFC 2009) that I never played so I got UFC 2010 for $20 and got rid of 2 old a.ss games I'd never play again.

The thing that bugs me is Gamestop taking in used games and putting the plastic wrapper back on the case and calling it new. I bought a wrestling game (Smackdown vs Raw 2010). I had bought it the day it came out brand new but about 6 months later it broke so I went back to Gamestop to pick it up again because my friends and I played it alot. So I go there and they have the used version for $25 and the version for $30. For $5 I figured it was a no-brainer so I bought the new version of it only to find out it had some minor scratches on it . It left a sour taste in my mouth because I had heard of them doing this but never thought I would experience first hand.

I remember taking my Street f!ghter 4 to Gamestop for store credit and only getting $2 for it.. gave the guy the look like "I should just keep this sh*t and make my game collection look bigger. fu*k $2"

Last edited by Zaosyn; 06-25-2011 at 12:50 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #6
kushkulture420 43 heat pts43
space
space
$2,196 | Props total: 1029 1029
the secret is to bring a new popular game in and listen to see if customer want to buy it and sell em the game yourself. like for instance i brought in MW2 back when it was first comin out. GS wanted to give me like $25 but i sold it to some dude in there for like $45. and it works vice versa if you see someone selling a game you want ask em can you buy it. customers win
 6 years ago '06        #7
imthatinfamous 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,997 | Props total: 3483 3483
Amazon>>>
 6 years ago '04        #8
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Thangstah said:

[pic - click to view]

imthatinfamous said:
Amazon>>>

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

I still fu*k with G$ though. You just gotta be smart about it. They prey on the casual customer. They are out to make money ya know.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 06-25-2011 at 01:07 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #9
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,119 | Props total: 2650 2650
yeah this is obvious
 6 years ago '04        #10
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
lol gamestop... the internet is MY gamestop...

FREE GAMES FOR LIFE fu*k THE INDUSTRY!

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #11
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,310 | Props total: 11226 11226
this dude is a fu*king loser ...
 6 years ago '06        #12
StillFree28 27 heat pts27
space
space
$20,497 | Props total: 4815 4815
Get punched in the face...Blame Gamestop
 06-25-2011, 01:55 PM         #13
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Thangstah said:

This, it's no different then pawn shops ripping you off, best buy ripping you off or any other corporate business.

it's fu*king business, i have been using GS since they were babbages and not once have i ever had a problem with them, the only people who seem to have a problem with them are uptight "gamers" who feel they rip off people.

it's a fu*king business.. get over it. if you sell yoru brand new 65 dollar game for 10 bucks that is YOUR fault, GS isn't the only place to sell your sh*t, they have to make a profit, there is a reason they are the leading business in video game sales and you people are on the internet bi*ching and make sh*t for money.

Also this guy is a bitter ex-employee, hes pissed for not getting a raise? 5 cents? boo fu*king hoo, have to force pre-orders? boo fu*king hoo, it's YOUR JOB, be glad you had a fu*king job when people couldn't get jobs.

this guy is nothing but a loser ex-employee who just a bitter nerd, does GS have sh*tty practice? name one retail store that doesn't.

Target, Toys-r-Us, Bestbuy, Walmart = all have sh*tty practices, are sh*tty to employees, pay is sh*tty etc.

Last edited by IronMaiden; 06-25-2011 at 01:59 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #14
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
$9,242 | Props total: 1285 1285
 Zaosyn said:
Yeah, Gamestop is grimy but at the same time who you gonna go to? EBgames? Gamestop owns them too . Lets face facts, besides a pawn shop where else you gonna take your used Smackdown vs Raw 2006 or PS1 games?

At the Amazon trade in store. That's what I use. Just print out the UPS label for free and ship it to em and they give you gift cards.
 06-25-2011, 02:04 PM         #15
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rek0nize said:
At the Amazon trade in store. That's what I use. Just print out the UPS label for free and ship it to em and they give you gift cards.
They give the same amount as GS does with a power up card and bestbuy.
 06-25-2011, 02:06 PM         #16
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Only time i shop at gamestop is if its a game i can't get no where else

Last edited by tj.iscool; 06-25-2011 at 02:08 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #17
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1403 1403
gotta blame the tards
 6 years ago '05        #18
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,645 | Props total: 13749 13749
 I AM LEGEND said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

I still fu*k with G$ though. You just gotta be smart about it. They prey on the casual customer. They are out to make money ya know.
I knew this n*gga was on his horse galloping in here.
 6 years ago '10        #19
SandmanNyC 26 heat pts26
space
space
$4,602 | Props total: 2282 2282
i mean it is a business. them making $5 bucks off a game is not gonna pay the rent, employees, and the corp fu*ks.

blame urself for being stupid enough to trade in a game there instead of selling it on ebay or craigslist.

u guys are idiots for being mad at em. you might aswell be mad EVERY store out there. i mean footlocker gets dunks for 30 bucks. they double em and add 10. starbucks coffee is like atleast $4, and it took em prob 35 cents to make it.
 6 years ago '04        #20
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36 OP
space
space
$8,941 | Props total: 3140 3140
What about gamestop selling customers pre order copies? he touched on alot of topics besides customers trading in their games...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
35 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
102 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
58 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
14 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
211 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy