Pacers acquire George Hill | Spurs get draft rights to Kawhi Leonard

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
62 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 years ago '09        #61
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
 rashcobar said:
Yeah, I really didn't see hill as a PG in any shape or form, and he was never going to be the defensive wing that spurs have desparately needed since Bowen left.

With a decent 6'7 prospect I hope to see a lot less small ball to compete nxt postseason.

I'm sure hill will be a good fit for indy, but still doesn't fully address their need for an instant offense player. Don't get me wrong, hill can create at times, just not consistently enough to be a pg for the spurs.
I disagree, I thought Hill was and could be that guy and he was a good defender I thought. Probably our best defender. But, I dont know how he felt having to sit back and wait in the wings to get his time to shine when Tony is just 29 and Manu was still playing at a high level.

It was time to move him so he could fulfill his dreams of leading a team while he was in his physical prime and not have to wait another 2-3 years. I applaud the move by the Spurs and wish him the best.
 6 years ago '05        #62
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
space
$11,822 | Props total: 3377 3377
He looked lost every time he was running the offense while the starters were resting and, Yeah he may have been our best perimeter defender, (except maybe Manu) but we were Swiss cheese last season.

I'll applaud him for his attitude, personality as well as his heroics agaist Dallas in 09-10.. But he didn't meet expectations on the court this year.
 6 years ago '09        #63
space
space
 rashcobar said:
He looked lost every time he was running the offense while the starters were resting and, Yeah he may have been our best perimeter defender, (except maybe Manu) but we were Swiss cheese last season.

I'll applaud him for his attitude, personality as well as his heroics agaist Dallas in 09-10.. But he didn't meet expectations on the court this year.
I think he didnt meet expectations was because of the inconsistency of the role he needed to play as well as the fact we didnt really suffer any injuries this year like last season for him to get to shine the same or the season before that too.

As far as him running the team, Hill did a great job this season I thought especially considering our bench sucked in that aspect. He was out there as the best player by far on the 2nd lineup but he was forced to not dominate and get others involved. It is hard to show how great you are at getting others involved when you're passing to streaky shooters and Dejuan Blair who just missed another layup.
 6 years ago '05        #64
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
space
I think u just justified why I think he sucked at pg. I guess that's how it is with the spurs- u need to be good at your role.
Hill is a better player than Neal, but Neal played his role a lot better (offensively). Defense-wise I'd take a 6'7 lockdown wing over a 6'2 wing any day.. No matter the armspan
 6 years ago '09        #65
space
space
 rashcobar said:
I think u just justified why I think he sucked at pg. I guess that's how it is with the spurs- u need to be good at your role.
Hill is a better player than Neal, but Neal played his role a lot better (offensively). Defense-wise I'd take a 6'7 lockdown wing over a 6'2 wing any day.. No matter the armspan
How does that justify it? I think the bum rap a lot of PGs take in the game of basketball is crazy. Guys can do all they can to put teammates in the best position to score but those guys have to be able to step up and make the shots.

People have to stop buying into this whole you make a guy better by getting him good shots. LeBron and Wade got Bibby all the open shots in the world but he didnt make many which is supposed to be his forte. In Hill's case, way too many times he had to rely on Bonner, Neal and McDyess to knock down jumpshots which is a tough thing to do. It's not like he was creating for slashers or big men who just got the ball and dunked it. The one big man we had that was supposed to fill the dump role was Blair and he sucked because he could never convert point blank range shots.

Dont just bash on dude because he is no longer a Spur man
 6 years ago '05        #66
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
space
nah i haven{t even seen him play, he could end up worse than bogans... i just like the concept of a 6{7 defender and think it{s a good move. we already saw what hill could contribute to the spurs, and to me i think we needed more.

I don{t think i{m bashing him... i made the same criticisms all season.
 6 years ago '06        #67
RayG210 43 heat pts43 OP
space
space
$3,596 | Props total: 256 256
Is it safe to say this trade worked out for both teams?
 6 years ago '05        #68
white-chocolate 124 heat pts124
space
space
$15,495 | Props total: 1357 1357
 philly337 said:
Wow spurs..dumbass trade...hill was going to be ur pg if the future.

I dont get teams sometimes...just cause they dont win the chip think they have to do something. THEY had the best squad all year and lost to a memphis team who was balling out they mind
agree'd
Kawhi is too inconsistent
 6 years ago '05        #69
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,986 | Props total: 1312 1312
Love George Hill and waht he brings to me pacers, glad Bird pulled this one off. Getting George Hill and Barbosa has been a nice addition to our bench
 6 years ago '06        #70
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,945 | Props total: 10597 10597
 Jay Aye Three said:
Is it safe to say this trade worked out for both teams?
Too early too say. Spurs Def didn't miss a beat this year though that's for sure. Neal has continued and built on last season (won me some money last year with those clutch threes in multiple games

But its looking like a good trade

Last edited by philly337; 04-10-2012 at 07:29 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #71
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,203 | Props total: 600 600
 white-chocolate said:
agree'd
Kawhi is too inconsistent
really lol? He hit's the corner 3 at the same level as Hill did... He is a WAY better rebounder and defender ALRREADY... .. . And Hill had very questionable 3 point range outside of the corners also...

Spurs won't come anywhere near thier old defensive squads obviously.. But common sense would tell U, they changed thier gameplan at this point anyway... U need stops in the halfcourt come playoff time though... the combo of leonard, green,manu, and sjack is looking 2 shabby on the perimitier... .Leonard has work yet obviously but can attack the basket in spots

I wish the best, and root for hill though.. dude is a very High character player... I got the impression they didn't want to move TP after a while, and Hill was thier ONLY realistic a.sset... they made the most out of it...
 6 years ago '11        #72
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
one year later, did both teams win?
 06-03-2012, 04:13 PM         #73
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yung star dropping knowledge
 6 years ago '06        #74
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,876 | Props total: 2715 2715
Spurs got Kawhi for four cheap years instead of paying George Hill a big contract extension. Good trade for both teams but Spurs got the cheaper and equally good player and he is only a rookie.
 6 years ago '06        #75
kmstokes 
space
space
$10,712 | Props total: 1783 1783
Some people lost in this thread, but not as many as I thought.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
65 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy