for people who won't listen to freddie gibbs because his dad was a cop.

most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
58 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #1
8576 pageviews
19 comments

spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,054 | Props total: 2 2
for people who won't listen to freddie gibbs because his dad was a cop.

or think he's "fake"

Your father was a cop? How did that work, did you live with him growing up in Gary?

Yeah, I did. Itís funny because I get this question a lot. My dad came up in Gary, he was a musician, too. He was a singer and I guess he did what he had to do to support himself and in the 80s when I was like two-years-old, he joined the police force. Anyway, it was some sh*t, I donít know the specifics of it but some scandal happened in í91 that forced him to resign from the department. So throughout the years he was always working super-duper overtime or out of a job, or looking for a job, just struggling for money. And I watched my mom struggle to take care of three kids plus my little cousin, and my dad, he knew a lot of the sh*t that I was doing in the streets but he didnít stop me from doing it. My dad was a cop but he wasnít no angel, know what I mean? A lot of cops in Gary ainít, especially not for one of the lowest salaries in the country, so you can imagine the corruption that goes on.

So, I would see how fu*ked up my dad was with money; blowing money and tricking off on sh*t with his other bi*ches, so when I needed something where else was I gonna turn? I was going to school seeing other kids with new Jordans but my mom, this check she had to pay for this, or this check she had to pay for that. My mom made sure I had a roof over my head but that was it. Beyond that, I had to take it upon myself to be independent. That was the way she always raised me and that is the way she always wanted me to be. I always had an independent mindset, I never asked nobody for nothing, even coming up rapping. I seen a lot of n*ggas around me that rap who took money from big dope boys in our city to jumpstart they rap career, pay for their studio time and all that. But me, I was always like, ďNah, man. Iíll sell my own sack, work off my own pack.Ē Iím not about to let you give me a pack and now I owe you. Iíll pay for my own studio time, press my own CDís. I will always have that [independent streak] in me.

You were in the Army at one point, correct? How did you end up enlisting?

First off, I didnít want to go. I caught a theft charge around the same time my [first] gun charge was still pending and the lawyer I was messing with at the time knew this Army recruiter. So they talked to the judge and the judge granted me this thing called ďpre-trial diversionĒ and what that is, is they make your a.ss go to boot camp and upon the completion of Army boot camp, your charges are pretty much lifted and you are on probation. So I went to boot camp and it was one of the worst and most grueling experiences I ever went through, but I finished it near the top of the class but that was not what I wanted for my life. No disrespect to anyone who does that for their career but I didnít believe in all the stuff that the military was about, nor did I believe in what the administration was doing at that time. I did not want to be a part of that George Bush military and so, I did what I did, didnít take the Army sh*t seriously. I still was on my street sh*t and what not, smoking weed and got kicked out. Dishonorable discharge.

19 comments for "for people who won't listen to freddie gibbs because his dad was a cop."

6 years ago '11        #2
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44 OP
space
space
there was a thread on here the other night comparing his credibility to fu*king rick ross, but i was too sleepy to write anything.
 6 years ago '04        #3
liveson777 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 322 322
Gibbs is that dude....he has. Great future
 6 years ago '04        #4
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,667 | Props total: 5357 5357
n*gga aint get no dishonorable Im sure . He said he only went to boot camp ,and thats all he had to do , but he got a Dishonorable .. Kicking some BS somewhere in there .
 6 years ago '09        #5
The Hatchett 
space
space
$924 | Props total: 7 7
 Str8Killa said:
these guys are deaf then, gibbs' ending his concerts with fu*k POLICE and he dissed rick ross lol
I never peeped him out. What mixtape or CD should i check out to get a feel for him?
 6 years ago '11        #6
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44 OP
space
space
midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik

asap..that sh*t is amazing. both lyrically and production wise.
 6 years ago '06        #7
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
 spittapilottalk said:
there was a thread on here the other night comparing his credibility to fu*king rick ross, but i was too sleepy to write anything.
But that's the thing. Ross could've been one of those corrupt cops too? Why is that hard to believe? Besides, all these rappers pretty much adopt the "drug kingpin" image. It ain't nothing new. I'll say it again. These "street" G's are the biggest cowards. They use intimidation and violence, to combat their own fear. Simple as that.

Anyway, as far as Freddie Gibbs is concerned. Gary, IN ain't no joke. Folks is always talking about Detroit, Flint (which is actually the same if not worse than the D), Chi town and so on. But Gary is like the unpropped equal to that. So I don't doubt that he could've been caught up in some things. But bottom line, you're human. Nobody (no matter how real they may seem) are above lying and exaggerrating the truth.
 6 years ago '10        #8
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,552 | Props total: 199 199
a corrupt cop is even worse than a normal one. you don't get no props for that
 6 years ago '04        #9
certifiedplaya1 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,365 | Props total: 162 162
Gibbs music jus dont appeal to me yet, that ghetto track is nice but lets see what he and jeezy cook up
 6 years ago '06        #10
bugsysgd 
space
space
$1,076 | Props total: 1 1
there are gang leaders who's pops we're cops believe it or not it's not like your destined to do what your dad did. sh*t, that's why the cops in my hood sent their kids to school in the burbs, cause everybody was about that MOB life. their kids woulda been too, if they woulda came up where we came up.
 06-23-2011, 09:41 AM         #11
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MissLoveOne said:
But that's the thing. Ross could've been one of those corrupt cops too? Why is that hard to believe? Besides, all these rappers pretty much adopt the "drug kingpin" image. It ain't nothing new. I'll say it again. These "street" G's are the biggest cowards. They use intimidation and violence, to combat their own fear. Simple as that.

Anyway, as far as Freddie Gibbs is concerned. Gary, IN ain't no joke. Folks is always talking about Detroit, Flint (which is actually the same if not worse than the D), Chi town and so on. But Gary is like the unpropped equal to that. So I don't doubt that he could've been caught up in some things. But bottom line, you're human. Nobody (no matter how real they may seem) are above lying and exaggerrating the truth.

gyoddamn this bi*ch spittin some real live game right here. aye respect
 6 years ago '04        #12
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
in the 1st thread about this nobody gave a damn
 6 years ago '04        #13
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,667 | Props total: 5357 5357
 Str8Killa said:
fk off
Dont get mad, Im just calling it how I see it .. You know what the fukk you have to do to get a damn DD ? It aint for smoking no damn bud .. Cause actually i respect him a lil more for going thru that shyt , cause alot of people wash out and quit ,I know 1st hand .
 6 years ago '10        #14
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
 MissLoveOne said:

Lol that's a reach. It's possible...but you can be a corrupt anything. At the end of the day Ross just has a great imagination. He thinks he's Rick Ross...then he thinks he's Big Meech...then Larry Hoover...then MC Hammer...now he think he's Pac
 6 years ago '04        #15
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,458 | Props total: 13154 13154
I dont believe ALL of this--it doesn't matter though. His music is all that matters.
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughterís boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dragon Ball FighterZ Jump Festa 2018 Trailer
39 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
216 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
96 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy