Derek Fisher: “If they lock us out because we don’t agree to the most dramatic....

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #101
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
 hood135 said:
You're off base. The players do generate all the money. Their skill is put on display for the world to see. Tickets are sold, games are watched, commercials are made, apparel is sold, memorabilia is auctioned off...etc. all because the players put their skills and their personality on display.

People pay to get entertained in this country. They go to the games, listen to the games, and watch the games because of the players. The NBA is in the entertainment industry. Its comparable to the movies. If you don't have big time actors then you're probably not going to make a lot of money. If you do have a big time actor then you may have a blockbuster hit on your hands...OR... you may have a dud. Will Smith has played in some sh*tty films but you don't see him taking a pay cut because the sh*tty movies didn't generate as much as the investors thought. His entertainment value is still through the roof so the investors will either pay him what he asks for or invest in another star to make money off of. Its the same thing.

I hear where you're coming from but these NBA players are trying to get what they're owed just like everybody else in this country. You can't tell them to humble themselves and take less money when they're on the front lines. And it doesn't matter how much money they're making. There are multi-millionaires and billionaires running around here who are ain't sh*t people who do a hell of a lot less but we don't question their egos or boycott the products that they're selling.

Bottom line, these guys have a right to protect their investment, which just so happen to be themselves. People are going to be people. They are going to consume and as long as we live in a capitalistic society sh*t is going to be like this.
I understand all of this. I don't have a problem with players getting what they can get because we all would do the same in that position. But, I have a problem with them acknowledging there is a problem, they are part of the problem then in the same breath saying I'm not gonna do what I can to help eliminate the problem. If they are truly concerned about the game like they are portraying themselves to be in the media then put your money where your moth is and do what needs to be done and fix this issue.

But nooooo. They are really only looking out for themselves in the end and not the betterment of the game and the longevity of the game as they are saying in interviews. I would respect the players more if they just came out and said we're just in this for us who are playing now because we want to get all we can while we can and we'll let the next group that negotiates a CBA worry about that.

But, they can't do that because they don't wanna alienate fans who they want on their side, so they lie and pull the wool over everybody's eyes to make you focus on sh*t that isnt the issue or make the owners out to be villains when the owners have said from day one what they are after and why? They aint out here trying sugarcoat dogsh*t and say its a birthday cake.
 6 years ago '09        #102
space
space
I'm not in this to choose sides. I am in this to see that the NBA continues to grow and be the best NBA it can be and that means both sides working to do what they can to make the sh*t work for generations to come.

But as a fan and supporter of their profession dont disrespect me with bullsh*t statements in the media man. Once again I say if we as people stop spending money on anything nba or nfl related the rest of the year then we can get this sh*t over quick and they can do what we want them to do because I wanna see how any of this sh*t is happening with all of us.

But, too many of you are caught up in a taking sides issue. Nobody responded to me earlier when I asked whats the difference when all of you go crazy on the oil tycoons for gas prices and decide to stop buying from certain companies to prove a point and get prices lowered but you wont stop spending money on the professional leagues until they get their sh*t together and work to keep the fans happy. They need us, we dont need them you know.
 6 years ago '07        #103
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,476 | Props total: 6054 6054
hard cap is retarded.

there would be a lot less players in the league and would make it harder to build a solid team around a star player unless you expect that star to take a significant pay cut. n*ggas want their money.

unfortunately if a team wants to win they're gonna have to spend to get the right pieces and that means going over the cap.
 6 years ago '04        #104
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,365 | Props total: 6376 6376
 Nautilus O said:
Thats one of the reason players in the league are abused now, a team tells a player they are giving him 100 million for 10 years and after 6 they wanna talk renegotiate. I think NBA players should have guaranteed contracts but for a certain amount of years and if you make non guaranteed you should have to pay the player more money. Its like buying a car vs leasing one
 6 years ago '06        #105
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 SmokinPiff said:
So this whole time that i've been arguing NON-GUARANTEED CONTRACTS somehow went over your head, even though I keep saying that that is what I think the league needs.

because you either are puposely ignoring my point or not reading at all, cuz I'm not arguing for a hardcap (even though I agree with one being in place), that's not my point or my argument.

I hate ppl's responses on here, cuz you make no sense... so all the players could try to get all the money they can get, but the owners can't? if the owners got together and said we aint paying nobody anything more than $10 million a year. then all you would bi*ch like you actually make money off of this. if the owners said take our deal or leave it, everybody would bi*ch about it aint fair and think the players would have somewhere else to play? they could play oversea's but nobody cares about that. the owners could easily use replacements players the way the NFL did back in the day to scare the sh*t out of the players. they don't have to negociate sh*t.

I don't care about one side or the other, there all a bunch of over paid bi*ches to me. I care about being a fan and getting caught up in bullsh*t.

I want non-guaranteed contracts because it'll be easier to move on from a mistake. like Brandon Roy. yea, he was nice. yea he deserved to be paid like a star. but now that n*gga is broken down and the team is stuck paying a guy who no longer deserves the money he's making. it's retarded.

also if anybody read any of my other responses, you'll know that owners don't make that much from being a "owner" anyway. so don't say no stupid sh*t about owners being greedy.

as far as i'm concerned, they could start next season with replacement players and then from there add new "good players" through the draft, or sign the bi*ches who are gonna get scarred and come running back to the NBA anyway. that way this whole sh*t can be blown up and started over again... don't even say you won't watch... cuz you will.
What you want will never happen because the players will never agree to it. If the owners want to say fu*k and shut her on down, then oh well...hello Italy. hello France...hello Spain...hello Russia...hello China.

Contracts of all sorts are signed every day. Both parties involved will sign it if it benefits both sides. This in no way benefits the players so why the fu*k would they sign it?

As a fan, I just want to watch good basketball. I also understand the business aspect involved and empathize with the players because I believe just like they believe that they have a voice.

The owners want to correct a mistake that they made but its too late. Players have the right to negotiate the terms of their contract. This is why many of them hire lawyers these days. When lawyers are involved, they're going to find the money every time. No different here.
 6 years ago '09        #106
space
space
 Nautilus O said:
You pay to watch them play, why don't you pay to go watch games at the YMCA or at your local basketball court? This is the same reason why NCAA players should receive something because they generate the money from their play, when a team is not good nobody goes to see them, when they are they will. Secondly you are not the only one paying to towards those salaries, there are advertisers at every game that are pumping millions of dollars into the NBA and towards players as well. Mark Cuban wont sell a pair of nikes but Jason Kidd can. Basketball players are a rare bunch in that the get a lot of face time on the court and on top of that there are only a few of them compared to other sports.

I never hear anybody complaining about soccer salaries though Their stars make boku bread
You also dont see soccer big in the US. How many of us are actually contributing to those salaries over there? They also only pay huge money only to the stars as well. They have a great system going over there. The NBA should take pointers

As for the we pay for entertainment argument, fu*k that. Maybe thats why our world is the way it is now. We overvalue the NBA, NFL, music and movies. Maybe if we could get teachers, officers, firemen and people who actually make a difference in our world higher salaries they would do their job better and crime rates will go down. Maybe the drop out rates will go down, maybe the single mother rates will go down. I'm not saying for a fact it will but when our priorities are as screwed up as they are now when people care more about sports than real life then we have a much bigger problem.

LeBron was right when he said after you guys have talked all this sh*t about me and attacked me, you have to go back to your real life where its problems and issues you have to face. Its time to stop giving sports more attention than it deserves
 6 years ago '09        #107
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
Yea tell that to Seattle fans when they lost their team to Oklahoma City.
The city of Seattle was as much to blame for why the team moved as was the a.ssclowns who own the team and the politicians who worked with them.

Like I said before I'm not choosing sides because everybody plays a part. Fans, Owners, Players, and Politicians. If everybody can get on the same page to make sure they all benefit then the sh*t wont work. The problem becomes everybody is only looking out for themselves and not the collective group.
 6 years ago '10        #108
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,148 | Props total: 8129 8129
 Fly 2ndComing said:
You also dont see soccer big in the US. How many of us are actually contributing to those salaries over there? They also only pay huge money only to the stars as well. They have a great system going over there. The NBA should take pointers

As for the we pay for entertainment argument, fu*k that. Maybe thats why our world is the way it is now. We overvalue the NBA, NFL, music and movies. Maybe if we could get teachers, officers, firemen and people who actually make a difference in our world higher salaries they would do their job better and crime rates will go down. Maybe the drop out rates will go down, maybe the single mother rates will go down. I'm not saying for a fact it will but when our priorities are as screwed up as they are now when people care more about sports than real life then we have a much bigger problem.

LeBron was right when he said after you guys have talked all this sh*t about me and attacked me, you have to go back to your real life where its problems and issues you have to face. Its time to stop giving sports more attention than it deserves
Fly.....take a look at your post and tell me you aren't giving this more attention than it deserves. You are attacking the "system" and tomorrow morning you are going to wake up and none of it is going to affect you.

I haven't paid to go to a basketball game in a few years and I enjoyed the hell out of the past few seasons. There's no reason Lebron shouldn't make millions when Mickey Arison just made a k!lling off of this season. If you have a skill you make people pay for it. Being a police officer is not a skill, being a teacher is not a skill, these are civic duties that people do and regardless of how much you pay them you get what you gonna get. If you paid me 80,000 a year to be a teacher I'd do it in a heartbeat, doesn't mean I would be any better of a teacher than I would have been at 40,000 a year, I'm just more interested now. Sports generate money because its big business, the reason Jason Whitlock makes 1.2 million dollars for writing awful articles is because our country is obsessed with sports, same reason Beckham makes the money he makes and ronaldo makes the money he makes. People love sports, people spend money on what they love

Why cheat the guys who are making this thing work just so a couple owners keep a an extra 15-20 million?
 6 years ago '09        #109
space
space
 Nautilus O said:
Fly.....take a look at your post and tell me you aren't giving this more attention than it deserves. You are attacking the "system" and tomorrow morning you are going to wake up and none of it is going to affect you.

I haven't paid to go to a basketball game in a few years and I enjoyed the hell out of the past few seasons. There's no reason Lebron shouldn't make millions when Mickey Arison just made a k!lling off of this season. If you have a skill you make people pay for it. Being a police officer is not a skill, being a teacher is not a skill, these are civic duties that people do and regardless of how much you pay them you get what you gonna get. If you paid me 80,000 a year to be a teacher I'd do it in a heartbeat, doesn't mean I would be any better of a teacher than I would have been at 40,000 a year, I'm just more interested now. Sports generate money because its big business, the reason Jason Whitlock makes 1.2 million dollars for writing awful articles is because our country is obsessed with sports, same reason Beckham makes the money he makes and ronaldo makes the money he makes. People love sports, people spend money on what they love

Why cheat the guys who are making this thing work just so a couple owners keep a an extra 15-20 million?
You know what, I probably am

I am just a willing debater or cat that likes to open people's eyes to more than one side or the side they view to a situation. Sports have been my life for a long a.ss time and I too havent paid to attend a sporting event in some time. But, somebody has to give a voice to those that arent as lucky and have to pay too.

After all is said and done, everybody wont be pleased and somebody will be screwed. Thats usually the way it works out.
 6 years ago '10        #110
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,148 | Props total: 8129 8129
 Fly 2ndComing said:
You know what, I probably am

I am just a willing debater or cat that likes to open people's eyes to more than one side or the side they view to a situation. Sports have been my life for a long a.ss time and I too havent paid to attend a sporting event in some time. But, somebody has to give a voice to those that arent as lucky and have to pay too.

After all is said and done, everybody wont be pleased and somebody will be screwed. Thats usually the way it works out.
So the unlucky ones are the ones that pay 200 to go to a game with a friend? I see what you are saying but I dont really think the system affects us as much as we think.
 6 years ago '07        #111
SmokinPiff 
space
space
$844 | Props total: 0 0
 Curtisimo said:
Greg Oden is still in the nba and getting paid because owners think he can still provide entertainment to fans the few times he does play or even sell fans on the hope that Greg Oden can play and destroy sh*t so even when he's not producing on the court he still has value. If not they can always trade him to another team or buy out his contract if they just want to get rid of him.

Are you having a hard time understanding that this is a buisness?
I don't have a hard time understanding anything. it seems you do though.

Curtisimo said:
Nah I won't be watching any teams with 2nd round draft picks on their starting roster when they cut someone just because he was injured and is destorying sh*t on another squad.

It's easy to replace nfl players not nba players

lol@ you wanting to cut Brandon Roy's pay after what he did against Dallas in the playoffs
so because of one game (technically one half) where he played well, he automatically deserves his whole salary to go unchanged? lol @ your simple minded bullsh*t

hood135 said:
What you want will never happen because the players will never agree to it. If the owners want to say fu*k and shut her on down, then oh well...hello Italy. hello France...hello Spain...hello Russia...hello China.Contracts of all sorts are signed every day. Both parties involved will sign it if it benefits both sides. This in no way benefits the players so why the fu*k would they sign it?

As a fan, I just want to watch good basketball. I also understand the business aspect involved and empathize with the players because I believe just like they believe that they have a voice.

The owners want to correct a mistake that they made but its too late. Players have the right to negotiate the terms of their contract. This is why many of them hire lawyers these days. When lawyers are involved, they're going to find the money every time. No different here.
that's exactly what I said in my post. and if they go oversea's... are you gonna seek them out? cuz you're not gonna be able to watch them anymore.

lol @ ppl lying like they wouldn't watch the NBA anymore if they just let everybody go and started over.

plus players would come running back for the money regardless of how much, cuz they don't like living outside of the US if they don't have to. plus the only guys who would get good money will be the superstars. everybody else would get bullsh*t money or no spot on a team. then in three years with new guys being drafted, more then half of you guys wouldn't even notice the difference... or care.
 6 years ago '07        #112
SmokinPiff 
space
space
$844 | Props total: 0 0
 Curtisimo said:
Yes he does because his contract is guaranteed

You telling me you will cut Blake Griffen because he got injured his rookie year?
forgot about this thread and forgot how dumb you were...

his guaranteed contract is the problem. cuz he's never gonna be able to play at a consistent high level ever again.

what the fu*k does Blake Griffin getting injured once have to do with the argument?
ppl get injured, thats fine, sh*t happens. but when n*ggas whole careers are fu*ked up because of the injury, then there should be some way to get out from that. thats why they want non guaranteed contracts. and as a fan, i'm definitly cool with that because it means my team wont be stuck with injury prone non playing a.ss motherfu*kers...

B.Roy is done, his knee is so fu*ked up they don't even want to operate on it anymore. thats a big difference from a guy like Griffin who had a one time freak injury... think before you post dummy.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
262 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
32 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
98 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy