Derek Fisher: ďIf they lock us out because we donít agree to the most dramatic....

most viewed right now
 180
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
93 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 121
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
65 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 102
Rappers that have or had AIDS
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 98
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
109 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #81
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$2,751 | Props total: 94 94
y dont they follow how a 2k fantasy draft works you can get dwade lebron and cbosh playing on the same team with decent players making less money.

I don't think you can get a team with Kobe Pau Bynum, Odom, Artest to work. A GM would have to break that team up. Its only fair that each team needs to be able to compete every year to win the championship.

Fisher is retarded for saying that sh*t
 6 years ago '04        #82
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$25,074 | Props total: 4420 4420
 TriniSoldier said:


if your a heat/laker fan, obviously you dont want to see a hardcap. kobe takes up half the teams budget by himself, and then the heats 3 players will take up a good chunk of it as well. but if your a fan of one of the other 28 or so teams in the nba, then you love it.

coons
the celtics team u are rooting for now and the team that won the championship wouldnt have existed under a hard cap

its impossible to even have a hard cap unless you get rid of guaranteed contracts which theres no way that should
 6 years ago '04        #83
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$2,751 | Props total: 94 94
the big 3 could work for a year but rondo and perkins have to go after their contracts are up. you can keep the big 3 but you have to keep changes pieces
 6 years ago '04        #84
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$2,751 | Props total: 94 94
NBA should base a cap money out of Ray Allen's championship formula a team should have enough money to sign 2 allstars and 1 half all star plus role players. A team can sign 3 allstars but will have to live with vets and rookies that sounds fair to me
 6 years ago '09        #85
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,408 | Props total: 12343 12343
 Ldogg310 said:
what you sayin is 100% correct, but to fix a problem like this would take a gradual change, not drastic and immediate.

too many fu*ked up contracts floating around, lakers would be fu*kED with a 62mil hardcap.

they need to make a high hardcap or keep the systemt he way it is and just implement non-guaranteed contracts. that way players will be held accountable by their play and not Gms bad decisions.
Its going to be gradual. They are allowing a three year window to work into it. Teams wouldnt have to shave salary the day after the deal got done but thats what the players union wants fans to think.
 6 years ago '07        #86
fivetreyfour 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,408 | Props total: 889 889
Just keep the soft cap but with a higher penalty for teams that go over. Then get rid of the sign and trade. And while their at it give players a "loyalty" bonus. If the players sign with the teams that drafted them they can hit the jackpot, but if they do chose to bail...make it so they have to start over with damn near a rookie type deal. This would "help" the smaller market teams keep their star players.
 6 years ago '05        #87
AirForce318 
space
avatar space
space
$12,401 | Props total: 676 676
 justinjones said:
this,
the only one he named that was overvalue way too much was lewis. arenas was high too but at least he wasn't as bad before the injuries/gun situation

if you want to talk about bad contracts then that would be outlaw/curry
this... n*ggas act like tmac wasn't better than kobe from 2002-2004... hell i'd go as far to say early 2005 too then the injuries caught up... and I fully agree on lewis being overpaid... gil had bad luck and injury and turkoglu is overpaid too...
 6 years ago '07        #88
SmokinPiff 
space
avatar space
space
$844 | Props total: 0 0
 Curtisimo said:
n*gga is mad.

NBA players work their whole lives to be in the nba so to say they don't earn their paychecks is rediciolous.

At the end of the day those players generate millions of dollars these people who give these players their money need to be smarter on their investments that's all I'm saying.


The fact that you compared your damn job to an being a professional athlete is redicilous. You don't negotiate how much you get paid your employer basicly tells you how much you get paid.
you're a fu*king idiot who needs to learn how to spell. the fact that you keep using smiley faces doesn't cover up your stupidity... (the rest of this isn't for you f*ggot).

my whole argument is about "earning" their paycheck.

to be clear, since ppl don't seem to understand. A player deserves what ever money a team is willing to give them... AS LONG AS THEY ARE ABLE TO CONTRIBUTE.

what type of dumb motherfu*ker is gonna sit there and argue that a guy like Greg Oden is gonna "deserve" the 8 million a year offer he's gonna get after only playing in a total of 1 out of 4 years? but due to the rules right now, that's the base for his tender offer. to be clear again, if he is given this money, I have no problem with it... as long as they are able to cut him if he ends up not being able to fulfill his part of the contract.

theres 2 sides to a contract. the owner/gm agree's to pay you for your services. the player then has to actually play to a certain level or at least fu*king play!!! if they don't do that, then they should have their contract terminated.

how is that not fair?
 6 years ago '06        #89
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 Fly 2ndComing said:
People stop with the players generate all this money sh*t. If we as fans said tomorrow we arent spending another dime on the product how the fu*k will any of them get paid. In the end they get paid millions to play a game for a short amount of years compared to the average American employee's career but they deserve the right to demand all this money? The thing about these guys is they play for some years and another crop comes along.

I think we as fans need to reassess our priorities and stop giving so much money to the professional sports and maybe it would humble the players and owners. All you muthafu*kas were and still are up in arms over gas prices that billionaires and millionaires are gauging you for and want to stage strikes by not buying certain companies gas for a week and sh*t. Well how about you say fu*k the NFL and NBA and dont support their millionaires and billionaires for a week or month and see how they like it.



(leaves before somebody says it aint the same though)
You're off base. The players do generate all the money. Their skill is put on display for the world to see. Tickets are sold, games are watched, commercials are made, apparel is sold, memorabilia is auctioned off...etc. all because the players put their skills and their personality on display.

People pay to get entertained in this country. They go to the games, listen to the games, and watch the games because of the players. The NBA is in the entertainment industry. Its comparable to the movies. If you don't have big time actors then you're probably not going to make a lot of money. If you do have a big time actor then you may have a blockbuster hit on your hands...OR... you may have a dud. Will Smith has played in some sh*tty films but you don't see him taking a pay cut because the sh*tty movies didn't generate as much as the investors thought. His entertainment value is still through the roof so the investors will either pay him what he asks for or invest in another star to make money off of. Its the same thing.

I hear where you're coming from but these NBA players are trying to get what they're owed just like everybody else in this country. You can't tell them to humble themselves and take less money when they're on the front lines. And it doesn't matter how much money they're making. There are multi-millionaires and billionaires running around here who are ain't sh*t people who do a hell of a lot less but we don't question their egos or boycott the products that they're selling.

Bottom line, these guys have a right to protect their investment, which just so happen to be themselves. People are going to be people. They are going to consume and as long as we live in a capitalistic society sh*t is going to be like this.
 6 years ago '06        #90
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 SmokinPiff said:
you're a fu*king idiot who needs to learn how to spell. the fact that you keep using smiley faces doesn't cover up your stupidity... (the rest of this isn't for you f*ggot).

my whole argument is about "earning" their paycheck.

to be clear, since ppl don't seem to understand. A player deserves what ever money a team is willing to give them... AS LONG AS THEY ARE ABLE TO CONTRIBUTE.

what type of dumb motherfu*ker is gonna sit there and argue that a guy like Greg Oden is gonna "deserve" the 8 million a year offer he's gonna get after only playing in a total of 1 out of 4 years? but due to the rules right now, that's the base for his tender offer. to be clear again, if he is given this money, I have no problem with it... as long as they are able to cut him if he ends up not being able to fulfill his part of the contract.

theres 2 sides to a contract. the owner/gm agree's to pay you for your services. the player then has to actually play to a certain level or at least fu*king play!!! if they don't do that, then they should have their contract terminated.

how is that not fair?
A contract is a legally enforceable agreement between two or more parties with mutual obligations. There are clauses in there that protect the owners and the players alike.

You can't get mad at Greg Oden for getting paid after the owner agreed to the terms of the contract. If he has a clause in there that says, he should get paid regardless of injury for X amount of years, then the owners are obligated to pay him that money. Them muhfu*kas don't have to agree to that sh*t but they do because they know that if don't somebody else will. If they get ripped off in the deal then its their own fault. It ain't right, but its legal and businesses do this every day.
 6 years ago '10        #91
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$15,148 | Props total: 8130 8130
 Fly 2ndComing said:
People stop with the players generate all this money sh*t. If we as fans said tomorrow we arent spending another dime on the product how the fu*k will any of them get paid. In the end they get paid millions to play a game for a short amount of years compared to the average American employee's career but they deserve the right to demand all this money? The thing about these guys is they play for some years and another crop comes along.

I think we as fans need to reassess our priorities and stop giving so much money to the professional sports and maybe it would humble the players and owners. All you muthafu*kas were and still are up in arms over gas prices that billionaires and millionaires are gauging you for and want to stage strikes by not buying certain companies gas for a week and sh*t. Well how about you say fu*k the NFL and NBA and dont support their millionaires and billionaires for a week or month and see how they like it.



(leaves before somebody says it aint the same though)
You pay to watch them play, why don't you pay to go watch games at the YMCA or at your local basketball court? This is the same reason why NCAA players should receive something because they generate the money from their play, when a team is not good nobody goes to see them, when they are they will. Secondly you are not the only one paying to towards those salaries, there are advertisers at every game that are pumping millions of dollars into the NBA and towards players as well. Mark Cuban wont sell a pair of nikes but Jason Kidd can. Basketball players are a rare bunch in that the get a lot of face time on the court and on top of that there are only a few of them compared to other sports.


I never hear anybody complaining about soccer salaries though Their stars make boku bread
 6 years ago '06        #92
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
Some of yall are not getting that the NBA players of today are walking corporations. They will do whatever it takes within their power to earn and keep their corporations flourishing.

You don't like it, then you should no longer invest.
 6 years ago '04        #93
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$15,172 | Props total: 5428 5428
they need to setup contracts that aren't guaranteed, like the nfl. if a player doesn't stack up, the team can cut their losses without having to be tied by the ankles.
 6 years ago '06        #94
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 Nautilus O said:
You pay to watch them play, why don't you pay to go watch games at the YMCA or at your local basketball court? This is the same reason why NCAA players should receive something because they generate the money from their play, when a team is not good nobody goes to see them, when they are they will. Secondly you are not the only one paying to towards those salaries, there are advertisers at every game that are pumping millions of dollars into the NBA and towards players as well. Mark Cuban wont sell a pair of nikes but Jason Kidd can. Basketball players are a rare bunch in that the get a lot of face time on the court and on top of that there are only a few of them compared to other sports.


I never hear anybody complaining about soccer salaries though Their stars make boku bread
^ This...And I'm tired of hearing that these dudes don't work hard for a living. I've played 4 years of D-1 ball and that sh*t is a grind. I still get amazed by how these dudes stay at the top of their games and in tip top shape for 82 + games, plus practices, plus shoot arounds, plus travel...I don't give a fu*k how pampered you are, all that basketball takes a toll on your body and your mind.

I just think its hilarious to hear people say sh*t like that when at the end of a NBA players day consist of getting hooked up to i.v.s (sparingly), taking in oxygen (sparingly), getting iced down, getting rubbed down because of muscle contusions and cramps, doing rehab to strengthen sprained ankles and wrist, no to mention the shine splints, bone spurs, and hip flexors...all in hopes of being able to get up the next day and do it all over again. I know some people who work their a.ss off and you can tell that their jobs are kicking their a.ss but who wants to go through having to get ER treatment on a daily basis?

B-b-but they're millionaires. My a.ss.
 6 years ago '06        #95
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 Young Professa said:
they need to setup contracts that aren't guaranteed, like the nfl. if a player doesn't stack up, the team can cut their losses without having to be tied by the ankles.
It'll never happen because players will never agree to it. If the owners don't like it, they can walk. The players have figured out that they have power now. sh*t will never be like it was again.
 6 years ago '10        #96
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$15,148 | Props total: 8130 8130
 Young Professa said:
they need to setup contracts that aren't guaranteed, like the nfl. if a player doesn't stack up, the team can cut their losses without having to be tied by the ankles.
Thats one of the reason players in the league are abused now, a team tells a player they are giving him 100 million for 10 years and after 6 they wanna talk renegotiate. I think NBA players should have guaranteed contracts but for a certain amount of years and if you make non guaranteed you should have to pay the player more money. Its like buying a car vs leasing one

 hood135 said:
^ This...And I'm tired of hearing that these dudes don't work hard for a living. I've played 4 years of D-1 ball and that sh*t is a grind. I still get amazed by how these dudes stay at the top of their games and in tip top shape for 82 + games, plus practices, plus shoot arounds, plus travel...I don't give a fu*k how pampered you are, all that basketball takes a toll on your body and your mind.
People who say these guys are getting paid to play a game are retarded, everybody thinks because they work 40 hours a week they are so much more of a hard worker than a professional athlete. Millionaires don't become millionaires by being a teacher, anyone who has a valuable skill or physical gift that they develop and master is a commodity, if you work hard at playing the guitar you can make money off of that. If you are a good public speaker you can make money off of that. If you can jump 40in in the air you can make money off of that. You get paid for what you are worth. Two people work at McDonalds one flips burgers, the other is responsible for branding McDonalds and forming relationships with community leaders and other businesses, whose worth more? . I dont understand how anybody in this thread can hate on an athlete getting his money. There are guys on wall st that make millions every month by profiting off of other peoples problems, but we sitting here debating if Gilbert arenas deserves $60 million.

Too much hating not enough motivation.
 6 years ago '07        #97
SmokinPiff 
space
avatar space
space
$844 | Props total: 0 0
 hood135 said:
A contract is a legally enforceable agreement between two or more parties with mutual obligations. There are clauses in there that protect the owners and the players alike.

You can't get mad at Greg Oden for getting paid after the owner agreed to the terms of the contract. If he has a clause in there that says, he should get paid regardless of injury for X amount of years, then the owners are obligated to pay him that money. Them muhfu*kas don't have to agree to that sh*t but they do because they know that if don't somebody else will. If they get ripped off in the deal then its their own fault. It ain't right, but its legal and businesses do this every day.
the part that I bolded is exactly the reason ppl need to stop blaming the GM's... also ppl's retarded come back of "you can't be mad at *insert players name here* for getting paid" is, for lack of a better term... retarded.

why do you guys swear that this is somewhat helpful to you personally? what do you get out of it as a regular person/fan other then your team getting stuck with bullsh*t players who hold your favorite team back for years... all because "a n*gga got to get paid", then they never play the same again.

I don't give two sh*ts about the owners or the players. I want what best for me as a FAN! and as a fan, having greg oden out there about to make a huge pay day with no reason for it other then he's tall, is a huge fu*king reason to be all for NON-GUARANTEED CONTRACTS!!!

he gets his money, but doesn't play at all again this year. then he gets cut with no cap ramifications for next year. sounds like a fair deal to me.
 6 years ago '10        #98
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$15,148 | Props total: 8130 8130
 SmokinPiff said:
the part that I bolded is exactly the reason ppl need to stop blaming the GM's... also ppl's retarded come back of "you can't be mad at *insert players name here* for getting paid" is, for lack of a better term... retarded.

why do you guys swear that this is somewhat helpful to you personally? what do you get out of it as a regular person/fan other then your team getting stuck with bullsh*t players who hold your favorite team back for years... all because "a n*gga got to get paid", then they never play the same again.

I don't give two sh*ts about the owners or the players. I want what best for me as a FAN! and as a fan, having greg oden out there about to make a huge pay day with no reason for it other then he's tall, is a huge fu*king reason to be all for NON-GUARANTEED CONTRACTS!!!

he gets his money, but doesn't play at all again this year. then he gets cut with no cap ramifications for next year. sounds like a fair deal to me.
Do me a favor, find the closest mirror in your house and say the following

I'm only a customer
You dont own the team nor do you you profit directly from them, so why do you care how much money the owner loses. Your favorite team cares about as much about you as a homeless man cares about a cable bill.
 6 years ago '07        #99
SmokinPiff 
space
avatar space
space
$844 | Props total: 0 0
 Curtisimo said:
You're acting like they aren't nba contracts that are insentive based, yes it's mostly guarenteed but it depends on the contract the gm/owner gives the player. Please believe just because a guy sits on the bench doesn't mean he doesn't genrate money for the team(ie; Tim Tebow). This is a buisness, it's about money not wins and loses. yes you generate more $ if you win but you can also suck and still not suffer a deficit *cough* New York Knicks

a soft cap allows you more flexibility and give you a better chance to develop a team since you will keep players longer if you feel they have potential to gel together with more time.

under a hard cap OKC won't be able to resign Russel Westbrook or Memphis wouldn't be able to keep Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay. They will alot more musical chairs when it comes to players and teams then it is now.

Like I said everybody earns their paycheck you can't compare a regular job to a professional athelte because when you get a job your employer basicly tells you much your going to make while these players themselves can negotiate how much they actually make. I'm sorry but if a baller played at a certan level and you hired the right agent and that has the negotiations skills to make a owner/gm overpay you. You earned that fu*king check. This is America bro ain't nothing fair about buisness. This ain't communism and ain't nobody put a gun to anybody head for these n*ggaz to make these decisions they make.
So this whole time that i've been arguing NON-GUARANTEED CONTRACTS somehow went over your head, even though I keep saying that that is what I think the league needs.

because you either are puposely ignoring my point or not reading at all, cuz I'm not arguing for a hardcap (even though I agree with one being in place), that's not my point or my argument.

I hate ppl's responses on here, cuz you make no sense... so all the players could try to get all the money they can get, but the owners can't? if the owners got together and said we aint paying nobody anything more than $10 million a year. then all you would bi*ch like you actually make money off of this. if the owners said take our deal or leave it, everybody would bi*ch about it aint fair and think the players would have somewhere else to play? they could play oversea's but nobody cares about that. the owners could easily use replacements players the way the NFL did back in the day to scare the sh*t out of the players. they don't have to negociate sh*t.

I don't care about one side or the other, there all a bunch of over paid bi*ches to me. I care about being a fan and getting caught up in bullsh*t.

I want non-guaranteed contracts because it'll be easier to move on from a mistake. like Brandon Roy. yea, he was nice. yea he deserved to be paid like a star. but now that n*gga is broken down and the team is stuck paying a guy who no longer deserves the money he's making. it's retarded.

also if anybody read any of my other responses, you'll know that owners don't make that much from being a "owner" anyway. so don't say no stupid sh*t about owners being greedy.

as far as i'm concerned, they could start next season with replacement players and then from there add new "good players" through the draft, or sign the bi*ches who are gonna get scarred and come running back to the NBA anyway. that way this whole sh*t can be blown up and started over again... don't even say you won't watch... cuz you will.
 6 years ago '10        #100
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$15,148 | Props total: 8130 8130
 SmokinPiff said:
So this whole time that i've been arguing NON-GUARANTEED CONTRACTS somehow went over your head, even though I keep saying that that is what I think the league needs.

because you either are puposely ignoring my point or not reading at all, cuz I'm not arguing for a hardcap (even though I agree with one being in place), that's not my point or my argument.

I hate ppl's responses on here, cuz you make no sense... so all the players could try to get all the money they can get, but the owners can't? if the owners got together and said we aint paying nobody anything more than $10 million a year. then all you would bi*ch like you actually make money off of this. if the owners said take our deal or leave it, everybody would bi*ch about it aint fair and think the players would have somewhere else to play? they could play oversea's but nobody cares about that. the owners could easily use replacements players the way the NFL did back in the day to scare the sh*t out of the players. they don't have to negociate sh*t.

I don't care about one side or the other, there all a bunch of over paid bi*ches to me. I care about being a fan and getting caught up in bullsh*t.

I want non-guaranteed contracts because it'll be easier to move on from a mistake. like Brandon Roy. yea, he was nice. yea he deserved to be paid like a star. but now that n*gga is broken down and the team is stuck paying a guy who no longer deserves the money he's making. it's retarded.

also if anybody read any of my other responses, you'll know that owners don't make that much from being a "owner" anyway. so don't say no stupid sh*t about owners being greedy.

as far as i'm concerned, they could start next season with replacement players and then from there add new "good players" through the draft, or sign the bi*ches who are gonna get scarred and come running back to the NBA anyway. that way this whole sh*t can be blown up and started over again... don't even say you won't watch... cuz you will.

Nah I wouldnt
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 57
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 42
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 32
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 15
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 13
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
63 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy