Derek Fisher: “If they lock us out because we don’t agree to the most dramatic....

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
41 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #61
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276
 SmokinPiff said:
so as a fan... you're ok with guys who only play well when its time to re-up? even realer, you're ok as a KNICKS FAN that your team has been stuck with Eddy Curry/Luc Longley/Malik Rose/Steve Francis/Anfernee Hardaway/Allan Houston/Stephon Marbury/Shandon Anderson/Howard Eisley/Jamal Crawford/Jerome James/Quentin Richardson and a lot more that i'm sure i'm forgetting, just sitting back and getting paid, even though they played like sh*t for at least the last two years of their contracts?

only four of the guys I mentioned were given these huge contracts by the Knicks. the others came over with their fu*ked up contracts in a trade. so you're so ok with this, that you don't care that your team has been sh*t for almost a whole decade and are on their way to doing it again? you don't wish that there was at the least non guaranteed contracts?

let the players get their money, but at least earn that sh*t.

as a football fan, I bet you spend every off-season saying to yourself "I hope my team gets rid of this n*gga, or that guy" because theyre bums and not playing up to their contract... but you're ok with n*ggas in the NBA being "hustlers"? foh
i agree with everything you said. i love knowing if dude isnt producing for my team in the NFL, he will get the boot. and if dude wants to get paid, he will put in the work. you ALWAYS know when someone's contract year is coming up in the NBA, they show out, sign a new deal then disappear
 6 years ago '04        #62
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
 beast mode said:
tell them dumb fu*k gm's to stop over valuing players,then they wouldn't have this problem (see rashard lewis,arenas,tmac ect ect contracts)
I agree with this powerful post.

Blame the owners for not evaluating prospects and placing too much value on bum players. I swear half of them just play 2K11 and negotiate contracts that way.

What the league should do (and I don't know if they do) is have an analytics system like baseball does to help determine the potential of a player. It will give a better quanitative analysis, although they shouldn't make final decisions solely based on it.

Either way, I think there should be a hard cap to start putting more ownership on the teams to draft and sign quality players, and prevent monopolistic teams like Miami and Boston from forming.

It's like creating supergroups in music: they are rarely ever successful.
 6 years ago '07        #63
SmokinPiff 
space
space
$844 | Props total: 0 0
you know what I find funny about this thread. the majority of you guys on here talking about "it's the GM's fault for over valuing certain players" & "tell the dumb GM's to stop fu*king up their teams"...

I bet you same guys would be the one's who would be willing to Max out players like Monta Ellis & Kevin Love (losers who put up big numbers on bad teams). if you go by this board, they're the best players in the League

that's how I know you guys are talking out your a.ss. you guys would be making David Khan look like a fu*king genius
 6 years ago '10        #64
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,182 | Props total: 8306 8306
Why anybody who doesnt own a team would want to see a hard cap is ridiculous, nba players deserve to have those type of contracts, football players are a dime a dozen, aint too many dwight howards lebrons or dirks walking around
 6 years ago '07        #65
SmokinPiff 
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
Who thinks a worker should be paid like a boss? Ho wmuch fu*king monmey you think the person giving Kobe Bryiant money has? lmao

I feel like your mad that nba players are making millions while you are not. I'm not mad at nba players getting paid, as a knick fan I'm mad that my organization made bad choices and investments but that is a part of buisness any buisness.

You acting like it's easy to make it into the nba nah homie go watch Blake Griffen workout plan and tell me you can do what he do intill then stfu. These nba players put in work believe it or not. And those players might suck but some of them still put in the work (while some don't)

This ain't about causing parity in the league these owners just don't want to be accountable or have some type of saftery net for their actions and bad decision and bad investments.

I'm telling you now a hard cap can be put in place but a bad gm is going to be a bad gm. Isiah Thomas wasn't going to become Jerry Buss if there was a hard cap.

As far as me and my work. I have a partime job at the moment but I'm also a freelance stage manager and I sign contracts everytime I get a gig. When I stage manage a show they have to pay me the minimum 1200 a week. If n*ggaz want to lower the minumum I should get paid because they made bad executive decisions for their company I hope my union f!ght against that.

ok, you lost the right to talk to me. if you're too stupid to have a conversation without cursing at me even though I have yet to say anything negative about you, then you're a moron and your opinion aint worth sh*t.

I could give two sh*ts about your job and I give a fu*k less about what you think right now. you're a closet homo who likes to watch n*ggas workout... foh

also you stupid for telling me they put in work, then say "some don't"... which is it f*ggot? STFU you're talking out your a.ss.

Nautilus O said:
Why anybody who doesnt own a team would want to see a hard cap is ridiculous, nba players deserve to have those type of contracts, football players are a dime a dozen, aint too many dwight howards lebrons or dirks walking around

this ignorant motherfu*ker right here get's the dumbass award for saying this stupid sh*t.

Congrats retard

how the fu*k you gonna say anybody who plays a game for a living deserves the type of money they make? that's litterally the stupidest sh*t i've read on here in a while.

so cops/teachers & military ppl deserve to be paid minimum to middle class wages cuz they can't dunk or catch a fu*king ball... or wasn't born 7ft tall? STFU you stupid son of a bi*ch.

damn the stupidity on this fu*king site is fu*king mind numbing.

EDIT: if you mad about what I just said to you, blame the moron I was replying to above.

Last edited by SmokinPiff; 06-22-2011 at 06:59 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #66
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,182 | Props total: 8306 8306
 SmokinPiff said:

this ignorant motherfu*ker right here get's the dumbass award for saying this stupid sh*t.

Congrats retard

how the fu*k you gonna say anybody who plays a game for a living deserves the type of money they make? that's litterally the stupidest sh*t i've read on here in a while.

so cops/teachers & military ppl deserve to be paid minimum to middle class wages cuz they can't dunk or catch a fu*king ball... or wasn't born 7ft tall? STFU you stupid son of a bi*ch.

damn the stupidity on this fu*king site is fu*king mind numbing.

EDIT: if you mad about what I just said to you, blame the moron I was replying to above.
Cops and teachers dont generate billlions of dollars each year, you find me a teacher than can generate the amount of money Kobe did last year, i'll take it back. Thats why you have owners and players, mark cuban is a billionaire dirk isnt. Mark Cuban made his own money, Dirk is doing the same thing.

NBA players dont make 8-12 million dollars a year because they are 7 ft tall, there are probably 3-4 people in the world that could do what Dirk does, Some college just graduates 40 teachers last week.. and dont get me started on cops....

You can grab a fast n*gga from any college and he might be a star back, you not finding a 6'8 270 pounds player with court vision like lebron at Delaware St
 6 years ago '07        #67
SmokinPiff 
space
space
 Nautilus O said:
Cops and teachers dont generate billlions of dollars each year, you find me a teacher than can generate the amount of money Kobe did last year, i'll take it back. Thats why you have owners and players, mark cuban is a billionaire dirk isnt. Mark Cuban made his own money, Dirk is doing the same thing.

NBA players dont make 8-12 million dollars a year because they are 7 ft tall, there are probably 3-4 people in the world that could do what Dirk does, Some college just graduates 40 teachers last week.. and dont get me started on cops....

You can grab a fast n*gga from any college and he might be a star back, you not finding a 6'8 270 pounds player with court vision like lebron at Delaware St
My bad for coming at you sideways in the last post...

the fact is, I agree with the getting money and getting as much as you can... but only if you earn that sh*t. I will never agree with n*ggas getting guaranteed contracts and continuing to get paid to the point where it doesn't make sense for the team anymore. I care about what I see as a fan first and foremost. as a realist second... as a fan, I don't want n*ggas on my team taking up cap space and can't even contribute to the team anymore. as a realist, this is a business. yes the players generate the money... but a owner has a lot more ppl to pay off then just the 12-15 players plus coaches on his team. there's the hundreds of front office ppl and the hundreds of lower level employees like the vendors. when you look at it like that, then realise that most owners are only making back a couple of million a year on a upwards of $400 million investment, and that sh*t doesn't make sense.

which is why no owner is "just a owner", these dudes get their money from everywhere outside of the NBA. I don't know how many of you guy's would be happy with being a owner and at the end of the year when all the checks are signed and uncle sam get's his, you've actually made less money then several players on your own team?

I sure as hell wouldn't be happy with that... so if theres no hardcap, which a lot of them think would help. then there should be no guaranteed contracts. you get paid as long as you play at a high level. that's completely fair.
 6 years ago '05        #68
GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 5 5
NBA needs that hard cap to save teams from themselves...no reason for teams to be paying contracts to dudes like Jerome James,Eddy Curry who have no interest in staying in shape,are injury prone(Brandon Roy,Greg Oden,Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming) or become flame outs(see 70 percent of the NBA)The fans in the end pay for these mistakes with higher ticket prices and concession stands etc...Bring on the hard cap...
 6 years ago '04        #69
jillas31 
space
space
space
$1,582 | Props total: 25 25
They should keep the soft-cap and just take away a few of the many exceptions...

6 years ago '05        #70
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
anyone who says a hard cap is good is fu*king idiot . You cant compare it to nfl cause nfl teams have 54 players nba has 12. there not enough good players to go around. If you have a hard cap your gonna be changing players every year it will be hard to keep a good core. Cause players will over play those weak a.ss contacts and bounce around from team to team.

all this bs talk that this would help small market teams is dumb they need to get better GM better coaches and scouts stop blaming the cap for your team picking stupid a.ss players.
 6 years ago '05        #71
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
 TriniSoldier said:
why? i think it'll even the playing field a bit. you'll either see a team full of stars like the heat with no bench, or boston with a few decent guys around the core, etc. or you'll see a team full of not stars, but really great players and some situational/role players mixed in. i think it'll help with the parity a lot
 beast mode said:
tell them dumb fu*k gm's to stop over valuing players,then they wouldn't have this problem (see rashard lewis,arenas,tmac ect ect contracts)
 Curtisimo said:
It won't help with parity at all sh*t the knicks have been above the cap this past decade and haven't had success at all.

Leave it the way it is sh*t just because your team got stars don't mean their going to win (ie; Miami)

People just need to spend money better and stop overvaluing these players
 hood135 said:
No it would be coonish to allow these fu*ks to further dictate their earning power when it comes league contracts. This sh*t won't hurt the superstars, it'll hurt the middle men, journeymen, and the young bucks.

On top of that, it won't change a thing competitively because the major market teams will still have the advantage of getting the pick of the litter when it comes to free agent talent.

This sh*t doesn't benefit the league at all. Hows that crystal meth?
 Nautilus O said:
 6 years ago '07        #72
SmokinPiff 
space
space
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
anyone who says a hard cap is good is fu*king idiot . You cant compare it to nfl cause nfl teams have 54 players nba has 12. there not enough good players to go around. If you have a hard cap your gonna be changing players every year it will be hard to keep a good core. Cause players will over play those weak a.ss contacts and bounce around from team to team.

all this bs talk that this would help small market teams is dumb they need to get better GM better coaches and scouts stop blaming the cap for your team picking stupid a.ss players.
you basically just made the argument for a hardcap... your explaination shows how parity would come into play. more fans are for parity then against it. why I wanna see the same teams every year in the finals?

it's way more fun to have a constantly changing landscape where any and every team has a shot every year.
 6 years ago '05        #73
Chuck Hustle 
space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 0 0
 TriniSoldier said:

if your a heat/laker fan, obviously you dont want to see a hardcap. kobe takes up half the teams budget by himself, and then the heats 3 players will take up a good chunk of it as well. but if your a fan of one of the other 28 or so teams in the nba, then you love it.

coons
Im a Laker fan and I WANT a hard cap
 06-22-2011, 08:26 PM         #74
Illuminated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Haven't even read the replies, but I'm sure the thread is full of replies comparing being a professional athlete to black slavery.
 6 years ago '04        #75
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,754 | Props total: 97 97
its all about fairness a hardcap should be in place look at the NHL and how good the league is ran
 6 years ago '04        #76
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,815 | Props total: 1489 1489
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Fisher is an idiot. He just fooled millions of fans into believing that there would be a musical chairs roster effect when in fact what the owners are trying to do is eliminate that. Owners are trying to get the top players paid and guaranteed as well as rotation players. The only guys that would get some guarantees are guys that are 8th-9th or lower in the rotation. Teams can do without those guys.

How about Fisher explain how maybe a team shouldnt have 3 players on their roster making 90% of the team's salary. I'm all for what the owners are trying to do because it keeps them from doing dumb sh*t like overpaying players who dont deserve it which has us where we are today.
 6 years ago '09        #77
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,433 | Props total: 12370 12370
People stop with the players generate all this money sh*t. If we as fans said tomorrow we arent spending another dime on the product how the fu*k will any of them get paid. In the end they get paid millions to play a game for a short amount of years compared to the average American employee's career but they deserve the right to demand all this money? The thing about these guys is they play for some years and another crop comes along.

I think we as fans need to reassess our priorities and stop giving so much money to the professional sports and maybe it would humble the players and owners. All you muthafu*kas were and still are up in arms over gas prices that billionaires and millionaires are gauging you for and want to stage strikes by not buying certain companies gas for a week and sh*t. Well how about you say fu*k the NFL and NBA and dont support their millionaires and billionaires for a week or month and see how they like it.

(leaves before somebody says it aint the same though)
 06-22-2011, 11:24 PM         #78
Cipherr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TriniSoldier said:
why? i think it'll even the playing field a bit. you'll either see a team full of stars like the heat with no bench, or boston with a few decent guys around the core, etc. or you'll see a team full of not stars, but really great players and some situational/role players mixed in. i think it'll help with the parity a lot

Oh it would, Unfortunately though, the NBA isnt having its first year next year. You cant just expect to dump a hard cap system on all of these teams, and ask them to be able to adjust, without DESTROYING some teams ability to have a roster in the process. Change has to be gradual. 40 freaking years in this system, every team has built around it, you cant make a hairpin turn like that. They need to work on something that gradually transforms into a hardcap in say the next 10 years.

One and done aint gonna hit it. It would be catastrophic. Teams would be fu*king eviscerated. Musical chairs doesnt even begin to describe it.
 6 years ago '10        #79
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 Fly 2ndComing said:
People stop with the players generate all this money sh*t. If we as fans said tomorrow we arent spending another dime on the product how the fu*k will any of them get paid. In the end they get paid millions to play a game for a short amount of years compared to the average American employee's career but they deserve the right to demand all this money? The thing about these guys is they play for some years and another crop comes along.

I think we as fans need to reassess our priorities and stop giving so much money to the professional sports and maybe it would humble the players and owners. All you muthafu*kas were and still are up in arms over gas prices that billionaires and millionaires are gauging you for and want to stage strikes by not buying certain companies gas for a week and sh*t. Well how about you say fu*k the NFL and NBA and dont support their millionaires and billionaires for a week or month and see how they like it.

(leaves before somebody says it aint the same though)
I'm down
 6 years ago '09        #80
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,433 | Props total: 12370 12370
 Ldogg310 said:
so you expect an athlete to dedicate their whole life to a sport, train night and day and NOT get paid a fair amount compared to other athletes??

dont blame the players blame the MARKET, it aint their fault scrubs can get 100mil contracts, Gms see a player have 1 good game or 1 good season and shower them with millions extra. Turn around and complain when they dont perform up to standards though, and it's the player's fault?

well in that example yes and no, but you get what im saying
I have no problems with the players doing what we all would do and thats get as much as we can get when we can get it. But, what I have a problem with is players saying we know there's a problem and can fix the problem but we dont want to come off all the money we are being overpaid to fix the problem that we have acknowledged is a problem from the beginning.

If they want the rpoblem fixed there's only one way to do it and thats by taking less money as well as a lower hard salary cap so that owners cant sign overpaid bloated contracts and big pocket/market owners dont have the room to outbid small pocket/market owners
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
189 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
52 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Michael "Walking Bucket" Beasley Highlights vs Thunder | 30pts, 5reb, 4ast
74 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy