Derek Fisher: ďIf they lock us out because we donít agree to the most dramatic....

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
152 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #41
Illuminati 191 heat pts191
space
space
$38,747 | Props total: 8967 8967
^ good post u kno dattttttttt
 6 years ago '08        #42
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859 OP
space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Yeah, thats almost what I'm saying. Okay, the owners fu*ked up previously, now they want to fix the problem. The best way to fix the problem is by keeping them from making the same mistakes again. If you dont have the room to overpay a player you overvalued then you cant overpay him.

Yeah, some players will suffer but it's something that needs to be done. If not, 10, 20, 30 years down the road we wont have a quality NBA to enjoy with our kids and grandkids. The sh*t will crumble because the employees chose to keep getting overpaid causing the bosses to not have enough yearly to stay in business sending the NBA back to a 8-10 team league.

How is that productive? How is that looking out for the future players and the game? How is that carrying on the older players legacies?
Good Point
 6 years ago '07        #43
SmokinPiff 
space
space
$844 | Props total: 0 0
 Curtisimo said:
The numbers also show that the MLB is a more popular than the NBA??

If you can compare football to basketball why can't I do baseball to the nba???

I see, I made a point and instead of making a counterpoint you say "who cares about baseball"

I got you
ok if you want to be real... your comparing of the MLB and NBA product made no sense.

you yourself stated that the MLB has NO Salary Cap... hence they do not have the same restrictions that a NBA team has in trying to build a contender. plus revenue sharing in MLB makes it really fu*king easy for the non competitive teams to stay a float (cuz they don't care they get paid anyway). the same attitude that a lot of NBA players have. everybody blames the GM's in the NBA for over paying ppl, but how about placing some blame on the players?

its always amazing to me how in a contract year player x is all of a sudden putting up all star numbers. which inflates his value on the open market. now in order to keep or acquire player x, you are now in a bidding war with up to 4 or 5 other teams for their services which then cause player x to have a huge fully guaranteed contract. player x then goes back to being on Jerome James status, fu*king up your teams flexibilty in the process.

if the NBA had no cap at all, then your comparison would hold true. the only logical ways to not get fu*ked over as a fan or as a person running a team, which at the end of the day is a business. is either putting a hardcap in place in order to spread out talent, or to remove guaranteed contracts. that way player x won't become the new eddy curry now that he has millions.

as a fan and as a regular person, I can not see why somebody wouldn't totally agree with if not one, then both options...

the only way I can see a person not wanting this is if they live their lives through their favorite sports figures or if they laughingly feel they have a chance to make it to the NBA one day and don't want to lose their chance to cake off some desperate GM

Last edited by SmokinPiff; 06-22-2011 at 03:28 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #44
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 TriniSoldier said:
It'll be coonish to allow the bosses; owners and the league to determine the earning power of the employees; the players?

And it won't change a thing competitively because places like new york and la will still get the advantage of picking the best players? How so? If you choose to pay kobe and gasol 65%-70% of the cap how exactly will they still be getting the advantage of picking the best available talent unless said player wants to take less to go play with him, which is on him.

You're essentially asking the players to agree to less pay and to spread out and find smaller markets to build. Why would anybody with a brain agree to that dumb sh*t?

Players want to maximize their worth in the league by producing, winning, and playing in big markets so they can capitalize on their celebrity. Point blank period. Players are walking brands these days and yall want them to relinquish some of their earning power for what?
 6 years ago '06        #45
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
they need a hard cap, and ditch guaranteed contracts
 6 years ago '09        #46
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
I dont mind the guys that carry the league like LeBron, Kobe, Dirk, Gasol, Wade and those guys getting top dollar and guaranteed deals. But there is a serious problem when guys like Joe Johnson, Al Horford, Joakim Noah, Travis Outlaw, Brian Cardinal, and the list goes on are getting high a.ss top dollar contracts and dont deserve them.

Yeah, its due to bad owners or the guys that are bad GMs that are responsible. Look at all the people that win lotteries and you see the stories of how they mismanaged the money and are broke withing years or the players in the NFL and NBA who are broke while playing or two years after they are done playing because they didnt exercise good money management skills. Thats what owners are trying to do now with the hard cap. They are essentially putting up an electric fence so when they go to far they are shocked back into reality causing them to not overspend just because they have it and can.
 6 years ago '06        #47
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
Celtics and Lakers won half their championships when there was like 8 teams in the nba.

You shouldn't punish teams for having good GM'S

San Antonio is not a Major market but have 4 championships and was able to compete with the Lakers every year because they had great organization.

Let's keep it real Some organizations are good some are poo poo water and the rest fo the league shouldn't have to penalize dbecause the Milwalke bucks wanted to pay Drew Gooden 50 million dollars

or The Washington WIzards giving Arenas that big a.ss contract after he been injured for almost the whole year.
That'll be the Celtics. Lakers not included in that one. Good point though.
 6 years ago '09        #48
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,936 | Props total: 22191 22191
 hood135 said:
That'll be the Celtics. Lakers not included in that one. Good point though.

How long you been a laker fan n*gga? Y'all just got beat for a majority of em, but y'all had a few here and there back in that era.

6 years ago '07        #49
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,031 | Props total: 30285 30285
 nitetrain8601 said:
That is bullsh*t. There needs to he a hard cap

There doesn't not need to be a hard cap, that is just fu*king stupid.

All the owners as well as people who support the owners' side have feeble minds and no knowledge of business.

The way to get around guaranteed contracts? Incentive based contracts. If 60% of a dude's contract isn't guaranteed, he will definitely put forth the effort to get that money.

The way to get around a soft cap? Increase the penalty exponentially for teams that go over. If you want teams to stay within a certain range, you punish them for going over... you make them think really hard about it. More than the current luxury sales tax
 6 years ago '06        #50
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 TriniSoldier said:

How long you been a laker fan n*gga? Y'all just got beat for a majority of em, but y'all had a few here and there back in that era.

Since I was 10.

Oh yeah....Yall won 11 out of 13, 8 in a row in a league that consisted of 8 teams. Big whoop!

6 years ago '06        #51
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
fu*k your hard cap
 06-22-2011, 03:59 PM         #52
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k stern

as a real cavs fan since hot rod and mark price this might seem like its to benifit us small market teams on the outside look n in but its all about stuff n some rich white dudes pockets without looking cheap just like baseball

i could be wrong but i doubt it
 6 years ago '11        #53
SiekaSiklo 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,443 | Props total: 1109 1109
 beast mode said:
it's on the gm to stop over valuing players. you know what would really even the playing field???? is maybe these players start getting in the gym working on their game instead of owners bi*ching about money when it's their fault for not wanting to win and over paying players. whats next?? we gonna regulate how many minutes superstars can play???
 6 years ago '09        #54
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,936 | Props total: 22191 22191
 hood135 said:
Since I was 10.

Oh yeah....Yall won 11 out of 13, 8 in a row in a league that consisted of 8 teams. Big whoop!

Big whoop indeed, especially since y'all had your chance to do the same but we spanked that a.ss. Don't nobody give a damn about espn rankings, it's all about banners n*gga.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #55
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Yeah, thats almost what I'm saying. Okay, the owners fu*ked up previously, now they want to fix the problem. The best way to fix the problem is by keeping them from making the same mistakes again. If you dont have the room to overpay a player you overvalued then you cant overpay him.

Yeah, some players will suffer but it's something that needs to be done. If not, 10, 20, 30 years down the road we wont have a quality NBA to enjoy with our kids and grandkids. The sh*t will crumble because the employees chose to keep getting overpaid causing the bosses to not have enough yearly to stay in business sending the NBA back to a 8-10 team league.

How is that productive? How is that looking out for the future players and the game? How is that carrying on the older players legacies?
All good points but from a player's standpoint with the power to effect my own circumstances, I'm saying find another way so both parties involve prosper in the end. Damn the next 10, 20, 30 years, I'm talking about right now, with two years left to go on my contract. Show me where this benefits me and my franchise. The owners and all of their personal problems have nothing to do with addressing that issue.

I applaud this stance by the players because most employees don't have the power or backing of a union in order to stand up to sh*tty owners. If they can't figure out ways build their franchises financially and competitively then they need to step aside. There is way too much money out there to be baby sitting bad decision makers and saving them from themselves.

D Fish was right because he believes that the players of old paved the way for the players of new to get this kind of money playing the game that they love. The players are the commodities and people pay to see them. If the NBA is hurting bad then I'm sure that other leagues would gladly jump at the opportunity to host the best basketball players in the world and the entertainment value that they bring.

As a player with a voice, you don't agree to the owners putting a cap over you. What happens when the dough really starts rolling in for the owners? Are they going to remove it? Or are they going to keep it in place? What would you do as a owner?
 6 years ago '06        #56
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 TriniSoldier said:
Big whoop indeed, especially since y'all had your chance to do the same but we spanked that a.ss. Don't nobody give a damn about espn rankings, it's all about banners n*gga.

[pic - click to view]

Seriously? Yall are up on us in head-to-head but you can't be proud of dominating a league of 8 damn near 90 years ago.

Yall got more banners but we're still the most storied franchise in the history of the NBA. What have you done lately?

6 years ago '04        #57
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,024 | Props total: 19611 19611
 TriniSoldier said:

if your a heat/laker fan, obviously you dont want to see a hardcap. kobe takes up half the teams budget by himself, and then the heats 3 players will take up a good chunk of it as well. but if your a fan of one of the other 28 or so teams in the nba, then you love it.

coons

does make it even though, if a team wants to shoot themselves in the foot, Im all for it.... even though the Knicks kind of did that with Amares contract....
 6 years ago '06        #58
Loco Poe 
space
space
$2,542 | Props total: 729 729
 Lamar Burton said:
T-Mac wasn't over valued. He was just injury prone. You're acting like he wasn't top 5 in his prime.
for real... tmac at one point was arguably the best scorer.
 6 years ago '08        #59
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
i like the nfl model, but as far as teams that win cause of salary caps, i dont think it even matters.

baseball has no salary cap, so the bottom feeders stay at the bottom cause they cant pay top notch players. they just gotta hope they get players through development and trades.

football has a hard cap, but even with that, the bottom teams still suck, cause their owners and GMs suck.

nba has soft cap, yet you still have teams who cant manage money, player development, and trades correctly.

at the end of the day, if you expect your team to win games, it comes down to if a team has a good owner and gm. this lockout will be due to who puts how much money in their pockets, not the fans and seeing their fav team win. lockouts are basically about f!ghting over money.

all this parity talk is pointless. if your owner and gm suck, you lose no matter
 6 years ago '07        #60
SmokinPiff 
space
space
$844 | Props total: 0 0
 Curtisimo said:
lol So you basicly mad at nba players being hustlers and trying to cash out on a contract year .

Trust me dog a hard cap is not going to allow an organization to all of a sudden become contenders.

Expansion watered down the talent pool and caused less parity in th in the league not the salary cap that has been in place for the past 4 decades
so as a fan... you're ok with guys who only play well when its time to re-up? even realer, you're ok as a KNICKS FAN that your team has been stuck with Eddy Curry/Luc Longley/Malik Rose/Steve Francis/Anfernee Hardaway/Allan Houston/Stephon Marbury/Shandon Anderson/Howard Eisley/Jamal Crawford/Jerome James/Quentin Richardson and a lot more that i'm sure i'm forgetting, just sitting back and getting paid, even though they played like sh*t for at least the last two years of their contracts?

only four of the guys I mentioned were given these huge contracts by the Knicks. the others came over with their fu*ked up contracts in a trade. so you're so ok with this, that you don't care that your team has been sh*t for almost a whole decade and are on their way to doing it again? you don't wish that there was at the least non guaranteed contracts?

let the players get their money, but at least earn that sh*t.

as a football fan, I bet you spend every off-season saying to yourself "I hope my team gets rid of this n*gga, or that guy" because theyre bums and not playing up to their contract... but you're ok with n*ggas in the NBA being "hustlers"? foh

EDIT: Real Life... as a working person, I don't have a guaranteed contract. If my employer doesn't like my output then I get the boot. only in fu*king sports is there this entitlment bullsh*t, with n*ggas feelings like they deserve to get paid even when their production drops the fu*k off.

it's bullsh*t, plain and simple. I can't be the only person who thinks its stupid that a worker feels like he should be paid like a boss.
they need to get a reality check.

Last edited by SmokinPiff; 06-22-2011 at 05:17 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
284 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
53 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
45 comments
24 hours ago