Derek Fisher: “If they lock us out because we don’t agree to the most dramatic....

most viewed right now
NFL Sunday Night Football: Dallas Cowboys Vs. Oakland Raiders Gameday Thread
849 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
18 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
34 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
58 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #21
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,974 | Props total: 1798 1798
 TriniSoldier said:
The game of the nba has always been top heavy. But, you really don't think it'd be a more interesting overall game in general if there was more parity?
yet we had a first time champ (mavs) crowned this year,there can always be parity just matters on how players are committed to winning
 6 years ago '10        #22
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,974 | Props total: 1798 1798
 Lamar Burton said:
So he shouldn't get paid because he didn't get out of the first round? That sounds like a team issue. He played his a.ss off in the playoffs. By that logic, KG shouldn't have been paid either.
who said he shouldn't get paid???? they should have made his contract front loaded so it would be easier to part ways with him later in case something happened NOT still paying the n*gga 20 mill way down the road
 6 years ago '06        #23
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
The players will never go for a hard cap and they shouldn't. Who would want to see the league like that anyway?

Pay them what you owe them. The players put the fans in the stands, sell the apparel, and the season tickets. I'm all for paying the blue collars what they're owed...a good investment, bad investment, or otherwise.
 6 years ago '10        #24
Lamar Burton 13 heat pts13
space
space
$1,001 | Props total: 389 389
 beast mode said:
who said he shouldn't get paid???? they should have made his contract front loaded so it would be easier to part ways with him later in case something happened NOT still paying the n*gga 20 mill way down the road
I got you. That makes sense.
 6 years ago '06        #25
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 TriniSoldier said:

if your a heat/laker fan, obviously you dont want to see a hardcap. kobe takes up half the teams budget by himself, and then the heats 3 players will take up a good chunk of it as well. but if your a fan of one of the other 28 or so teams in the nba, then you love it.

coons
No it would be coonish to allow these fu*ks to further dictate their earning power when it comes league contracts. This sh*t won't hurt the superstars, it'll hurt the middle men, journeymen, and the young bucks.

On top of that, it won't change a thing competitively because the major market teams will still have the advantage of getting the pick of the litter when it comes to free agent talent.

This sh*t doesn't benefit the league at all. Hows that crystal meth?
 6 years ago '09        #26
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,433 | Props total: 12370 12370
Fisher is an idiot. He just fooled millions of fans into believing that there would be a musical chairs roster effect when in fact what the owners are trying to do is eliminate that. Owners are trying to get the top players paid and guaranteed as well as rotation players. The only guys that would get some guarantees are guys that are 8th-9th or lower in the rotation. Teams can do without those guys.

How about Fisher explain how maybe a team shouldnt have 3 players on their roster making 90% of the team's salary. I'm all for what the owners are trying to do because it keeps them from doing dumb sh*t like overpaying players who dont deserve it which has us where we are today.
 6 years ago '07        #27
SmokinPiff 
space
space
$844 | Props total: 0 0
if there was a hard cap it would force teams to rebuild and create parity. Is parity not the reason why the NFL has the NUMBER ONE sports product in the country? you're telling me that it isn't good that from year to year if your GM did his job properly, that your team can have a legit shot at winning the championship?

having parity is the number one reason that every fan of the sport should be jumping for joy over the thought of a hard cap. in the NFL your team could be fcuking horrible this year and win the superbowl next year. that sh*t gives you hope as a fan.

it's boring as sh*t to watch the same f'n teams over and over in the finals. parity is best for everyone. it's the only chance in hell that teams like Minnesota & Toronto have a shot at being anything but a punchline.

and if you're against non guaranteed contracts, then I guess you must be happy with your team being stuck with guys like E. Curry/Arenas/Lewis/Outlaw etc etc etc taking up room making millions of dollars holding your team back from making moves... fu*k that sh*t! in football there is no guarantee. you play and play well, or you GTFO. as a matter of fact, in the real world, you do your job and you do it well or they fire your a.ss. the fu*k I look like caring about n*ggas not being able to make a few more millions when they playing a game and playing it like sh*t.

Last edited by SmokinPiff; 06-22-2011 at 02:39 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #28
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,173 | Props total: 22632 22632
 hood135 said:
No it would be coonish to allow these fu*ks to further dictate their earning power when it comes league contracts. This sh*t won't hurt the superstars, it'll hurt the middle men, journeymen, and the young bucks.

On top of that, it won't change a thing competitively because the major market teams will still have the advantage of getting the pick of the litter when it comes to free agent talent.

This sh*t doesn't benefit the league at all. Hows that crystal meth?
It'll be coonish to allow the bosses; owners and the league to determine the earning power of the employees; the players?

And it won't change a thing competitively because places like new york and la will still get the advantage of picking the best players? How so? If you choose to pay kobe and gasol 65%-70% of the cap how exactly will they still be getting the advantage of picking the best available talent unless said player wants to take less to go play with him, which is on him.

6 years ago '10        #29
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,904 | Props total: 21191 21191
 Lamar Burton said:
T-Mac wasn't over valued. He was just injury prone. You're acting like he wasn't top 5 in his prime.
top 5?

n*gga he was was better than Kobe in his prime

Kobe stans get mad

6 years ago '04        #30
doczdaname 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 5050 5050
 TriniSoldier said:
i agree

i think they should keep guaranteed contracts tho
if you have a hard salary cap, there is no way you can have guaranteed contracts..lol why do you think the players don't want this?
 6 years ago '07        #31
SmokinPiff 
space
space
 TriniSoldier said:
It'll be coonish to allow the bosses; owners and the league to determine the earning power of the employees; the players?

And it won't change a thing competitively because places like new york and la will still get the advantage of picking the best players? How so? If you choose to pay kobe and gasol 65%-70% of the cap how exactly will they still be getting the advantage of picking the best available talent unless said player wants to take less to go play with him, which is on him.

exactly

how the fu*k are they gonna have their pick of the best talent when all their money is tied up in one or two players? the only reason theyre able to do sh*t like that now is because of this bullsh*t softcap, where you can keep adding salary as long as you're willing to pay the luxuary tax.

it's a bullsh*t broken system that needs to be put to sleep like a rabid dog. the fu*k is wrong with ppl when they honestly are completely cool with the fact that TWO teams have won half of the championships in league history and one team (LA) on anverage is in the finals everyother fu*king year? it's a fu*king joke.

I was actually excited as a fan at the thought of Memphis/OKC & Dallas all having a equal shot to get out of the west and possibly win it all this year... and i'm not even a fan of any of those teams.
 6 years ago '08        #32
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,123 | Props total: 2683 2683
If you set a hardcap, it has to be really high, like 70-75 million, with a soft cap at like 50.
Maybe increase luxury tax to 2 dollars every dollar after so its high risk to have these ridiculous over priced teams that don't win.
 6 years ago '09        #33
space
space
 SmokinPiff said:
if there was a hard cap it would force teams to rebuild and create parity. Is parity not the reason why the NFL has the NUMBER ONE sports product in the country? you're telling me that it isn't good that from year to year if your GM did his job properly, that your team can have a legit shot at winning the championship?

having parity is the number one reason that every fan of the sport should be jumping for joy over the thought of a hard cap. in the NFL your team could be fcuking horrible this year and win the superbowl next year. that sh*t gives you hope as a fan.

it's boring as sh*t to watch the same f'n teams over and over in the finals. parity is best for everyone. it's the only chance in hell that teams like Minnesota & Toronto have a shot at being anything but a punchline.

and if you're against non guaranteed contracts, then I guess you must be happy with your team being stuck with guys like E. Curry/Arenas/Lewis/Outlaw etc etc etc taking up room making millions of dollars holding your team back from making moves... fu*k that sh*t! in football there is no guarantee. you play and play well, or you GTFO. as a matter of fact, in the real world, you do your job and you do it well or they fire your a.ss. the fu*k I look like caring about n*ggas not being able to make a few more millions when they playing a game and playing it like sh*t.

Thats why I love the NFL model and think all the leagues should be very similar. I just dont understand how players who will only be employed by the business of a professional sport for 4-6 years on average can negotiate to tell the people who run those businesses how to pay them, and how they need benefits and to be paid well after they are done working for these businesses.

Go to the league, get whats market value for you, work your a.ss off to get as many of those contracts as you can, when you cant play anymore move the fu*k on and use what you did in that respective sport to build your life after the sport. But, too many of these clowns want to milk the system like they are entitled. No the entitlement goes to the guys with their names on your paychecks and the people running the leagues, not you.
 6 years ago '08        #34
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,123 | Props total: 2683 2683
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
top 5?

n*gga he was was better than Kobe in his prime

Kobe stans get mad

real sh*t
propssss
 6 years ago '09        #35
space
space
 doczdaname said:
if you have a hard salary cap, there is no way you can have guaranteed contracts..lol why do you think the players don't want this?
barring the addition of injury clauses and sh*t like that, why not?
 6 years ago '09        #36
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Thats why I love the NFL model and think all the leagues should be very similar. I just dont understand how players who will only be employed by the business of a professional sport for 4-6 years on average can negotiate to tell the people who run those businesses how to pay them, and how they need benefits and to be paid well after they are done working for these businesses.

Go to the league, get whats market value for you, work your a.ss off to get as many of those contracts as you can, when you cant play anymore move the fu*k on and use what you did in that respective sport to build your life after the sport. But, too many of these clowns want to milk the system like they are entitled. No the entitlement goes to the guys with their names on your paychecks and the people running the leagues, not you.
Exactly. I honestly like the nba more than the nfl, but the way it's setup it's just like you can't help but to love the sport.
 6 years ago '06        #37
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Fisher is an idiot. He just fooled millions of fans into believing that there would be a musical chairs roster effect when in fact what the owners are trying to do is eliminate that. Owners are trying to get the top players paid and guaranteed as well as rotation players. The only guys that would get some guarantees are guys that are 8th-9th or lower in the rotation. Teams can do without those guys.

How about Fisher explain how maybe a team shouldnt have 3 players on their roster making 90% of the team's salary. I'm all for what the owners are trying to do because it keeps them from doing dumb sh*t like overpaying players who dont deserve it which has us where we are today.
If I'm interpreting this right, you're saying that the owners fu*ked up therefore the players should suffer. That's bullsh*t boss.

This is business man. Business owners make bad investments all the time. Why should this be any different? Equipment fails, employees don't pan out, management sucks, people quit. Its the risk you take.

If anything, the owners need to check their management staff first and foremost because they're the ones advising them on these guys and how much they're worth.

Thank god for unions.
 6 years ago '09        #38
space
space
Fisher referenced what all the players for 40+ years did before them, how about they go back to being compensated like those old guys were if they are so concerned about keeping up what they had. Go back and start traveling by bus or by cars with the guys from the other teams if that was the best way you got from one game to the next if you wanna keep up what they did. Go line the fu*king courts with chicken wire if you long to keep up the legacy and what those players did.

That interview was a some real funny sh*t he did. I cant be mad at them for attempting to get paid because I probably would do the same in the position but I dont agree how many people just read or hear that and automatically a.ssume the players side when if things go the players way then the system wont be fixed and the NBA will continue to dwindle.

As a fan I dont want that. I want what will keep the league great 30-40 years from now and if that means players dont get paid as much or have to give up a few things so be it.
 6 years ago '09        #39
space
space
 hood135 said:
If I'm interpreting this right, you're saying that the owners fu*ked up therefore the players should suffer. That's bullsh*t boss.

This is business man. Business owners make bad investments all the time. Why should this be any different? Equipment fails, employees don't pan out, management sucks, people quit. Its the risk you take.

If anything, the owners need to check their management staff first and foremost because they're the ones advising them on these guys and how much they're worth.

Thank god for unions.
Yeah, thats almost what I'm saying. Okay, the owners fu*ked up previously, now they want to fix the problem. The best way to fix the problem is by keeping them from making the same mistakes again. If you dont have the room to overpay a player you overvalued then you cant overpay him.

Yeah, some players will suffer but it's something that needs to be done. If not, 10, 20, 30 years down the road we wont have a quality NBA to enjoy with our kids and grandkids. The sh*t will crumble because the employees chose to keep getting overpaid causing the bosses to not have enough yearly to stay in business sending the NBA back to a 8-10 team league.

How is that productive? How is that looking out for the future players and the game? How is that carrying on the older players legacies?
 6 years ago '07        #40
SmokinPiff 
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
Baseball have no salary cap, guaranteed contracts and has alot of parity in it's league.

fu*k out of here with this sh*t

If Minnesota wants to stop being a punchline in the nba tell them to stop drafting point guards

who the fu*k cares about Baseball? the numbers show that the country cares more about Nascar and MMA then Baseball now...

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
101 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
128 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
60 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
101 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy