Jun 21 - African American Unemployment at 16 Percent

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
78 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
10 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
208 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-22-2011, 06:16 PM         #81
Illuminated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:
Word.

Black men/women bi*ching are lost... if you were really empowered within and knew what the fu*k you were doing, you'd see it as an advantage of how the black community is.

Being a smart, hard working black man/woman will be a rare and you WILL stand out because of this.
My point exactly. :cool-smiley-009:
 6 years ago '11        #82
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Dextromethorphan said:
yet asians find a way to succeed...
This is another thing... many of my Asian friends had parents that came over to America and not being able to speak a word of english yet most if not ALL of my asian friends are in the middle to upper class with some being ridiculously wealthy.

n*ggas take things for granted. The fact that you can speak english alone is a ability that you need to realize.... then again some n*ggas can't even speak that sh*t properly.

If you tell me that the world is against blacks yet other people can migrate to the US without being able to speak the native language and succeed you are clearly delusional.
 06-22-2011, 06:24 PM         #83
Illuminated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:
This is another thing... many of my Asian friends had parents that came over to America and not being able to speak a word of english yet most if not ALL of my asian friends are in the middle to upper class with some being ridiculously wealthy.

n*ggas take things for granted. The fact that you can speak english alone is a ability that you need to realize.... then again some n*ggas can't even speak that sh*t properly.

If you tell me that the world is against blacks yet other people can migrate to the US without being able to speak the native language and succeed you are clearly delusional.
That's a subject that African Americans always seem to back down from. By bringing that up, you're taking away their excuses. I know many Africans, especially Nigerians, who come to America and get rich as fuck. I've seen Indians do it, as well as Asians, Latinos, Middle Easterners, etc. These people come from levels of poverty that just doesn't exist in America. The worst "hood" in America would be considered a decent living where some of these people are from. Somehow, they seem to battle against the obstacles, migrate to America and live their dreams. But yet, blacks who have been here their whole lives won't even try. They make excuses without even trying....then use the race card as an excuse for not trying.
 06-22-2011, 06:25 PM         #84
*Missy* 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
Ok first mexicans get jobs because they are ILLEGAL.......its because they can get paid UNDER THE TABLE and the companies dont have to claim them are the funds collected from them because legally the workers are not supposed exist........

Secondly with you working at a government center where 99% of recipients were black..........more then likely in a predominately minority populated city or area gives you insight on ever single person requesting welfare or social security. The article says 16% unemployment in the black community....so obviously there are alot of black Americans out of work. Have you matched the statistics of the applicants who held no previous welfare history? What about previous work experience, what about recent foreclosures or bankruptcies? I doubt you did or even cared cause all you saw was black people looking for a hand out.........Not PEOPLE potentially in need ..........just black people.............your view of what you think they are about is a observation or a as*hole point of view if you will.....there is no way for you to determine what a persons life is like from some f*ggot government position that you probably couldnt keep because your obvious distain for the black race made you appear like a little whiny bi*ch that wouldnt be caught in a black neighborhood after 6pm
Great point and this why I hate statistics involving issues like this . No one is thinking about why or how they got to that position or taking anything else into consideration. How did they come up with this percentage? People just read it and don't question any information just take it as facts. Just a.ssume they are all lazy good for nothin black n*ggas lookin for hand outs ...smh.
 6 years ago '11        #85
Backflipz 84 heat pts84 OP
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
 PTC said:
Being an African-American myself, this starts way before a the black man or woman is eligible to enter the job market.

It starts in school and when n*ggas are young.... the black kids are MOST of the time the laziest ones that do horrible in school... then you move onto middle school and HS and black students are mostly in regular classes doing crap anyways. It doesn't take a genius to see this. It's not racist, it's just observation. Honors classes may have a few black kids, and generally they move on to do well anyways.

People want to blame America and say it's the school system's fault for not educating. While some may be true (moreso these days, luckily I been graduated) but n*ggas don't ever want to do sh*t related to school... then when you get to the real world n*ggas start bi*ching about how the world is against them. Sure it may be true, but if yo a.ss been saying fu*k school since you were in 1st grade you been having that same attitude forever with everything.

It is rare to meet and educated/hard working black man/woman that struggles to find a job.

All this sh*t starts at home when n*ggas are young... period.
Chuuuuuch!

Illuminated said:
This thread has been pure comedy. I love watching black people play the race card to cover up their laziness and lack of focus. Somehow, black people have all the time in the world when it comes to focusing on the bullshit. Bullshit like: whose the best rapper, what kind of clothes the next person is wearing, what happened at the club, whose sleeping with who, what non-black person is saying "n*gga," who got the fattest a.ss, who made a comment that could be deemed as racist, and my personal favorite, "keeping it real with the hood," and the list goes on. They seem to find lots of time to entertain those things. But somehow, there's a ton of excuses when it comes to doing things that could help them advance. Let one of those topics come up and watch how many black people flock to it like a gnat to a street light. But offer free college scholarships and setup a job fair in the hood, and watch it look like a ghost town. There are black people in America who don't give a fuck in the world about any of the topics I mentioned above, and those people advance. They are usually the ones that are labeled Uncle Toms and sell-outs.

Just because you spend 95% of your time focusing on the bullshit, instead of doing what you NEED to be doing, that doesn't mean that your race is the cause of your failure. YOU are the cause of your failure. But personally, I'm fine with black people being lost like this. That makes it a lot easier for young, business-minded black men like myself to make noise in the business world.
The fact there are fewer harder working focused black people definitely does make you stand out more. People will look to give you jobs and opportunities just to see somebody who works hard and adds diversity to their workplace. Happens all the time with me. You just gotta work. That's what my parents did. My dad from Gary, Indiana, grew up in the hood, and saw countless people die in front of his eyes, but was still smart. He could hang out with the thugs, the preps, and the nerds. He was versatile. When somebody k!lled his pops while he was attending Purdue he dropped out. But he rebounded went to another college and got his degree and now is a successful chief engineer that is highly regarded. Same as my mom. Yes they both are black. It can happen.

Last edited by Backflipz; 06-22-2011 at 06:46 PM..
 06-22-2011, 06:45 PM         #86
Illuminated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:

The article says 16% unemployment in the black community....so obviously there are alot of black Americans out of work. Have you matched the statistics of the applicants who held no previous welfare history? What about previous work experience, what about recent foreclosures or bankruptcies? I doubt you did or even cared cause all you saw was black people looking for a hand out.........Not PEOPLE potentially in need ..........just black people.............your view of what you think they are about is a observation or a as*hole point of view if you will.....there is no way for you to determine what a persons life is like from some f*ggot government position that you probably couldnt keep because your obvious distain for the black race made you appear like a little whiny bi*ch that wouldnt be caught in a black neighborhood after 6pm
Sooooo....it's not okay for people to write them off as being lazy and whatnot, right? Because of government statistics and so forth. But however, it's perfectly fine for black people to see a person whose doing well and label that person a sell-out or discredit them in some other way, right? If a person were to come in here right now and talk about some kind of success they've experienced after going through some struggles, almost every black person on here would say that person made it by "kissing the white man's a.ss," sucking up, selling out, made it because of their race, they just got *lucky,* and all the other B.S. But it's perfectly fine for black people to group all successful people into a group by saying that we all got it not through hard work, but through some dirty, underhanded methods? Gotta love the hypocrisy.
 06-22-2011, 06:48 PM         #87
Illuminated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HarbingerOfSwag said:
Chuuuuuch!

The fact there are fewer harder working focus black people definitely does make you stand out more. People will look to give you jobs and opportunities just to see somebody who works hard and adds diversity to their workplace. Happens all the time with me. You just gotta work. That's what my parents did. My dad from Gary, Indiana, grew up in the hood, and saw countless people die in front of his eyes, but was still smart. He could hang out with the thugs, the preps, and the nerds. He was versatile. When somebody k!lled his pops while he was attending Purdue he dropped out. But he rebounded went to another college and got his degree and now is a successful chief engineer that is highly regarded. Same as my mom. Yes they both are black. It can happen.
[randomblackbxmember]NO! Your dad didn't work hard to become a successful engineer! He sold out to the white man! He hates himself! He's a house-nigger! He forgot where he came from! He should giving all of his money to people in the hood![/randomblackbxmember]
 06-22-2011, 06:54 PM         #88
MAY LAY LOW 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gee what a surprise
 06-22-2011, 07:14 PM         #89
Opulence 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wjcorner said:
lol...so the social scientists created racism so they could distract poor people...not so they could run experiments like the Tuskegee Syphilis Study? I understand your argument on the timeline of racism, but to believe that as time went on, slavery was just an economic choice is silly. how do you explain the segregation and lack of rights which were formed from the beliefs of politicians and the voice of the majority people? and race in general, was created by social scientists, not just black and white...
Read the book, The Invention of the White Race, its all documented. The sh*t was literally created for that reason, go read that book. The Tuskegee Experiment is a whole different subject dealing with genetics and biological research; it wasn't only blacks people, things like that were practiced in Germany, England, India and many other places (reference book: Undue Risk: Secret State Experiments on Humans), that's just one that "got out" publically. They were dealing with science (hence the "study" part), trying to figure out things, they weren't doing it based on hate. There were always experiments on the poor (not relegated to the black race). Its simply classism, the poor are the guinea pigs because they are expendable.

If you don't think slavery was mainly economic based, then you need to go back and read the whole slew of documents on the subject. Why else would you have slaves, but to have an economic advantage (free labor). If racism is the bases of slavery, than why did pale skinned slaves exist? Why were the majority of white also in bondage or in poverty (have you seen Mary Poppins)? Why did Black & Red (Native American) slaveowners exist amongst white slaveowners.

The majority of people didn't have no say & rights and sh*t. You have to remember in those days, "rights" were connected to "landownership", something the masses of white NEVER would even dream of having. Only about 10% of the population were landowners, and had rights to vote, etc. Its still that way to this day, but it's masked. They give so called civil rights to the people to act like they were apart of the nation, but they are still serfs. If you study law, you will see nothing changed on that level, its all about a.ssETS in this bi*ch, not skin color. As I said above, while slavery was going on in the U.S., various European nations paid monetary tributes to nations ran by dark skinned people, in North Africa. How is this so? In fact, there are letters between George Washington and a Sultan in North Africa - Washington gave him praise.

Also the segregation was mostly a good thing. It has been proven that segregation was more beneficial to the black community (as evidenced in higher educational based scores, higher business ownership [Black Wallstreet], etc). The civil rights movement and all that was funded by the children of industrialists, it was not sincerely a black thing. We fail to miss the point when we take an emotional-ass stance, instead of dealing with facts.
 06-22-2011, 07:34 PM         #90
Opulence 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 420Sosa said:
All the other nationalities either a) didn't start off in this country and has their heritage traced to another country where the race as a whole is doing well i.e. Chinese or b) started in this country and fell from grace due to outside forces i.e. Native Americans.

The difference with African Americans is that at the start of their lineage they was oppressed in every sense of the word and even worse it hit them spiritually they didn't have nothing to go to after that, then they had to pick up their oppressors spirituality with hesitation. I wasn't born in the crack epidemic, but I know the history of it and I felt the effects of it indirectly, just to give you my idea of it the poverty level was high in the black community that already came from a hit with heroin (along with other races and cultures in America) then the CIA gave cocaine/crack to the people within the poor black communities, where all they wanted was a way to get out or to strive for better then the spot they was in they saw how lucrative it became and how fast the money came and then the sh*t hit the fan... Give you a sense I why racism is brought up alot, not saying I agree everytime its brought up just having a little empathy. We are doing something about it, whether you can see it or not there's always sunlight or peace after the storm. And why do n*ggas have victimization issues, bruh if you can see that sh*t is passed down like a heritage, sh*t I even think its passed down genetically man
People immigrated the U.S. because of the conditions in their host countries were terrible for them (doing well is relative to class status). Everyone had their degrees of holocausts, that's not an excuse. Black people as a whole only make excuses and expect people to feel sorry for them because of some old a.ss institution, saying the effects are in their DNA & psyche. If that's the case, than every person on this planet has those same syndromes. I get what you're saying though...

420Sosa said:
n*gga you only focusing on one little part, everybody in this country is hurting, matter fact this whole world's economy is going on life support, but people bounce back from sh*t like this, that's human nature bruh and black culture is not just the hood bruh its far more than that we still got the oldheads that help and talk to us youngins and actually listen rather than just talk sh*t, you still got folks out here IN the hood who would rather not shoot or f!ght it out but talk it out and are pacifists. Black culture isn't synonymous with violence and inferiority matter fact its the exact opposite if you look at it from a different angle
Everybody is all encompessing. MOST people are hurting, but others are making record amounts of profit. There are more millionaires & multi-millionaires then there has ever been before. I know black culture is not just the hood, but since the majority of blacks are destitute, then mainly the culture is based off those people. I know there are progressive blacks, sh*t I'm one, I'm sure you are too. I mean if you go back into history beyond the slavery, black culture is the hottest sh*t to hit this planet. I just can't feel sorry for n*ggas that spend $500 billion on hair, make it rain with rent money, smoke rocks, shoot up heron, & do a whole host of dumb sh*t, while screaming racism.
 06-22-2011, 08:14 PM         #91
Illuminated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Opulence said:
Read the book, The Invention of the White Race, its all documented. The sh*t was literally created for that reason, go read that book. The Tuskegee Experiment is a whole different subject dealing with genetics and biological research; it wasn't only blacks people, things like that were practiced in Germany, England, India and many other places (reference book: Undue Risk: Secret State Experiments on Humans), that's just one that "got out" publically. They were dealing with science (hence the "study" part), trying to figure out things, they weren't doing it based on hate. There were always experiments on the poor (not relegated to the black race). Its simply classism, the poor are the guinea pigs because they are expendable.

If you don't think slavery was mainly economic based, then you need to go back and read the whole slew of documents on the subject. Why else would you have slaves, but to have an economic advantage (free labor). If racism is the bases of slavery, than why did pale skinned slaves exist? Why were the majority of white also in bondage or in poverty (have you seen Mary Poppins)? Why did Black & Red (Native American) slaveowners exist amongst white slaveowners.

The majority of people didn't have no say & rights and sh*t. You have to remember in those days, "rights" were connected to "landownership", something the masses of white NEVER would even dream of having. Only about 10% of the population were landowners, and had rights to vote, etc. Its still that way to this day, but it's masked. They give so called civil rights to the people to act like they were apart of the nation, but they are still serfs. If you study law, you will see nothing changed on that level, its all about a.ssETS in this bi*ch, not skin color. As I said above, while slavery was going on in the U.S., various European nations paid monetary tributes to nations ran by dark skinned people, in North Africa. How is this so? In fact, there are letters between George Washington and a Sultan in North Africa - Washington gave him praise.

Also the segregation was mostly a good thing. It has been proven that segregation was more beneficial to the black community (as evidenced in higher educational based scores, higher business ownership [Black Wallstreet], etc). The civil rights movement and all that was funded by the children of industrialists, it was not sincerely a black thing. We fail to miss the point when we take an emotional-ass stance, instead of dealing with facts.
Too much ether in one post.
Simply put --- the lower class separate themselves by race. Racism is a poor people's mentality...of all races. The upper class separate themselves by levels of wealth. That's the way it's always been, and the way it always will be.
 6 years ago '04        #92
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 692 692
 Opulence said:
Can you please explain why other nationalities such as Chinese Americans, and Japanese Americans, although oppressed have now surpassed the "white" race in areas such as income and education. Can you also explain why whites are approved for mortages more often than blacks, yet Asians are approved more often than whites.

Institutitionalized racism and discrimination in the 21 century are abstract excuses from a people largely lacking merit and drive. Information like the unemployment rate gives black people a chance for some pity party, while black woman go out and spend a supposed, staggering - $500 BILLION (where did they get $500 billion in buying power from?) on hair & haircare.
How can institutionalized racism and discrimination be considered abstract, even in 2011? So we're going to ignore the fact that more black men are imprisoned now than were enslaved in 1850, and the fact that unequal application of laws doesnt play a HUGE part in this?

Like i said before, there is a legacy effect that people want to ignore as it pertains to slavery and legalized discrimination. None of the other ethnic minorities that you listed were oppressed for HUNDREDS of years in this country. we're talking roughly from 1555 to 1965... 410 YEARS, and thats not including the subversive discrimination that goes on til this day. Further, the minority groups that you listed came here FREELY, and planned it (i.e. having the money set aside for what they needed). The Chinese railroad workers were PAID (not that its anything to brag about, but they were compensated in some form). The money that they made was used to send for their families, or open up businesses.

This was fundamentally different from the American Slave Trade, where blacks were given nothing in return for making this country a superpower. I contend that if black people were given 40 acres and a mule, or monetarily compensated waaaaaay back when slavery was abolished, this this unemployment issue probably wouldnt exist. Same with Japanese Americans. They were given monetary reparations for being placed in internment camps.

vagangster said:
So, just so I understand this. Paying every black person in this country reparations, even though they themselves, nor their parents , parents parents or parents grand parents were slaves, will help the unemployment how? It will not do anything, in fact will less likely help motivate people to get a job. Affirmative action HBU'S/HBCU'S. Stop making excuses and motivate yourselves to get a damn job.
Depends on what you consider payment. Like i said, money, tax exemption status, education are all viable options IMO. Further, If you look at the examples of Japanese Americans who were interned, both the surviving internees were paid as well as the heirs of those who were dead. So, I absolutely believe that those who didnt experience slavery first hand, but are descendants of those who did should be compensated. Native Americans (yes, even the ones not on a reservation or those who didnt have to walk the trail of tears) get free tuition, why can't I?

It's not about making excuses. As I said, there is no excuse for a lack of self determination. However, lets not act like everything is fair and equal.

It's amazing how folks feel that 400 years of inequality should be of no consequence or wiped out or have no effect after only 46 years since the Civil Rights Act was passed.
 6 years ago '04        #93
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 692 692
 Opulence said:

Read the book Capitalism and Slavery by Eric Williams. Racism, IMO isnt the basis of slavery, but it certainly is a result of it.

Also, there were white slaves in america prior to blacks being made slaves. They were criminals or owed debts, and were sentenced to slavery in the new world to pay their debts off. After which, they were released. This is substantively different than africans being enslaved in America.
 6 years ago '04        #94
$tackBundle$ 2 heat pts
space
space
$939 | Props total: 137 137
this basis of most of these arguments are pointless. Please stop comparing the plight of black americans to Asians americans, Hispanics americans, Arabs americans, or what have you. Every group of people had there own specific hardships to get adjusted to fit into the American fabric of society. However no other race of people BESIDES black americans did not have to face 400 years of slavery and an additional 100 years of racism and descrimination that still goes on to this day. Until you get this until your feeble minds you will never understand how a dehumanized institution that was instilled on a group of people for over 4 centuries could have lasting effects to this day.
 6 years ago '10        #95
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,278 | Props total: 23782 23782
 a3levest said:
Surprise
 6 years ago '05        #96
IMChillin730 
space
space
$589 | Props total: 49 49
 Illuminated said:
This thread has been pure comedy. I love watching black people play the race card to cover up their laziness and lack of focus. Somehow, black people have all the time in the world when it comes to focusing on the bullshit. Bullshit like: whose the best rapper, what kind of clothes the next person is wearing, what happened at the club, whose sleeping with who, what non-black person is saying "n*gga," who got the fattest a.ss, who made a comment that could be deemed as racist, and my personal favorite, "keeping it real with the hood," and the list goes on. They seem to find lots of time to entertain those things. But somehow, there's a ton of excuses when it comes to doing things that could help them advance. Let one of those topics come up and watch how many black people flock to it like a gnat to a street light. But offer free college scholarships and setup a job fair in the hood, and watch it look like a ghost town. There are black people in America who don't give a fuck in the world about any of the topics I mentioned above, and those people advance. They are usually the ones that are labeled Uncle Toms and sell-outs.

Just because you spend 95% of your time focusing on the bullshit, instead of doing what you NEED to be doing, that doesn't mean that your race is the cause of your failure. YOU are the cause of your failure. But personally, I'm fine with black people being lost like this. That makes it a lot easier for young, business-minded black men like myself to make noise in the business world.

LOL yeah cuz white people dont come on this website to talk about rap music and watch TMZ to see what POP CULTURE icons are doing like Paris Hilton and follow the lives of actors and actresses and singers childrens' children for years...get the fu*k outta here...you cant generalize a people based on stereotypes you heard or think youve experienced cuz im sure u havent met every black person in the world... if you r black your obviously one of those that have been called uncle tom or sellout before by some ignorant person and took that sh*t to heart and got a chip on your shoulder ...let it go dude... im not gonna sit here and act like a lot black people dont make excuses but lets be real.... my mother is a teacher with masters degrees and a host of other licenses and credentials and my parents have owned their own businesses but lost them in a series of unfortunate events.... however while shes a teacher right now our country is so fu*ked that even with all her degrees and skills she doesnt even have job security right now...nor have they adjusted pay to the cost of living...thats our economy.... I graduated from college last year with a bachelors degree in accounting from an HBCU... and I and other people in my class cant even find a job within our field cuz their arent any... i've had accounting temp agencies tell me that they can barely find jobs for accountants with years of experience.... am i being lazy as a black man?.... today at the job i do have, a iranian (yet white looking) dude who only listens to rap music used the N-WORD several times, when a black coworker got upset and said something about it, he got sent out cuz he was so angry that the manager couldnt handle the situation properly.... theres no racism or discrimination in america?...i've been to plenty of job fairs in "the hood" and there were hella people there... as smart as you may be all this grouping and stereotyping your doing makes me sad as a black man for you...

As far as other races go and to the statement i made before...asians and other races do EXPLOIT us....sure you can classify it as pure Economics... that doesnt mean that when these asians move into "the hood" and open countless liquor stores, hair salons, nail salons, and unhealthy carryouts that its okay.... and if your question is so why didnt we do it first, its because exploiting ourselves would be worse than being exploited.... and yeah we look up to entertainers and rappers because eventhough they only get the scraps these record companies throwout its still better than nothing and as a result we ended up glorifying negative attributes such as drug selling and pimping and fashion and buying J's cuz we want to be like the people we see getting money... it wasnt until recent that you dont really have to have lived that lifestyle to beable to talk about it to make money....

Racism is very much alive...yes its hard to get a job if youve been to jail....but we definitely are victimized, not all the time.. but a good chunk....for instance lets just look at the facts of people who go to jail for weed use (possession) and/or selling of weed... blacks use marijuana at lower rates than whites (stats r for california) yet arrest made for marijuana of blacks is triple to quadruple times arrest of whites for marijuana... no racism my a.ss... and to anyone who says anything like "of course he mentioned weed" is a racist

now can we change this from a race thread about black people?... ps to just about anybody who used the N-Word in your aguement ...your either racist, self hating, or ignorant and made your point null in the process...
 06-22-2011, 11:51 PM         #97
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Blaming society or the white man is not going to help you get a job. It does not matter at this point what has happened in the past or how you got to where you are at now. Man the F*CK UP!!! This world is not going to give you SH*T! Go out there and do what you can to succeed in life and keep a legal job. A lot of you on here have no idea what poverty looks like. Go visit some third world countries and witness real poverty. Witness people struggling to survive each day, but still doing what is necessary to live till the next one.

I am sometimes ashamed to be an American. We are so f*cking spoiled. I have witnessed some bad poverty in my parents home country. I know what people who truly are poor and trying look like. This is not what most unemployed Americans look like. I have seen plenty of now hiring signs in my current city. People always come up with an excuse. The pay is too low...really...is it less then no money? I cannot afford to live on this salary...how are you living with no salary? Get over your f*cking pride and bust your a** each day to find a job. I guarantee you will find one eventually. Stop blaming other people for your problems. There are a lot worse people in this world today then black/latinos/asian/any other group you can think of in America. Completely spoiled.

6 years ago '08        #98
Sowhat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 1 1
 $tackBundle$ said:
this basis of most of these arguments are pointless. Please stop comparing the plight of black americans to Asians americans, Hispanics americans, Arabs americans, or what have you. Every group of people had there own specific hardships to get adjusted to fit into the American fabric of society. However no other race of people BESIDES black americans did not have to face 400 years of slavery and an additional 100 years of racism and descrimination that still goes on to this day. Until you get this until your feeble minds you will never understand how a dehumanized institution that was instilled on a group of people for over 4 centuries could have lasting effects to this day.
 06-23-2011, 01:32 AM         #99
Opulence 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 <<InphDigi>> said:
How can institutionalized racism and discrimination be considered abstract, even in 2011? So we're going to ignore the fact that more black men are imprisoned now than were enslaved in 1850, and the fact that unequal application of laws doesnt play a HUGE part in this?

Like i said before, there is a legacy effect that people want to ignore as it pertains to slavery and legalized discrimination. None of the other ethnic minorities that you listed were oppressed for HUNDREDS of years in this country. we're talking roughly from 1555 to 1965... 410 YEARS, and thats not including the subversive discrimination that goes on til this day. Further, the minority groups that you listed came here FREELY, and planned it (i.e. having the money set aside for what they needed). The Chinese railroad workers were PAID (not that its anything to brag about, but they were compensated in some form). The money that they made was used to send for their families, or open up businesses.

This was fundamentally different from the American Slave Trade, where blacks were given nothing in return for making this country a superpower. I contend that if black people were given 40 acres and a mule, or monetarily compensated waaaaaay back when slavery was abolished, this this unemployment issue probably wouldnt exist. Same with Japanese Americans. They were given monetary reparations for being placed in internment camps.
No one is ignoring the fact, slavery happened, it was distinguishably terrible, the point is in moving forward. Black people can't get past an issue/condition that happened decades ago (and the history of it all is a little faulty).

It's considered abstract because most of it exists in the mind of black people, who think everything is a case of discrimination, racism, or someone holding them back, when in reality they have their own two feet to blame for the sh*t. Do you know how much litigation and class action suits alledging discrimination were filed in the last 10-20 years? Black laywers and organizations are milking the bullsh*t like crazy. Companies now are afraid to even make the wrong move, in fear that they will get suid, n*gga its 2011. I was just reading about Fleet Financial Group who was forces to set aside $7.2BILLION in loans for low-income borrowers because of a discrimination suit.

We only point out the other people to show that its possible to move past holocausts. The people named didn't just come here on vacation, they barely escaped their countries. They were not middle class people, but peasants. They didn't bring a.ssets with them over here, they started at the bottom and worked up.

Now, I would argue some of the facts about slavery, the timeline, and other things, but that's a whole different story and beside the point. Many other people's were enslaved and were able to move forward fairly quickly. It has been way to long for Blacks as a people to still be mostly in poverty. People are ignoring that its 2011, Black woman spend $500 BILLION on hair, the buying power is there, the opportunities are there, the majority of Black people as I said earlier, are comfortable and okay with being inferior, and that's root behind all this.
 06-23-2011, 01:46 AM         #100
Opulence 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 <<InphDigi>> said:
Read the book Capitalism and Slavery by Eric Williams. Racism, IMO isnt the basis of slavery, but it certainly is a result of it.

Also, there were white slaves in america prior to blacks being made slaves. They were criminals or owed debts, and were sentenced to slavery in the new world to pay their debts off. After which, they were released. This is substantively different than africans being enslaved in America.
I've read that book which really solidifies the case of slavery being economical. Racial conflict is usually held for the lower classes (including poor whites, who committ the most "hate" crimes) to keep them from mobilizing by class and f!ghting against the wealthy.

I already mentioned in the previous post that whites were slaves (and if we go back to Roman, Greek, Egyptian times, the timeline is much more extensive then 400+ years). Slavery in North Africa was as bad, and wasn't no joke, like people would have you believe. There are documents of white being beaten, crucified, tortured, packed in ships, etc on a daily basis, they were in the same predicaments, and sometimes even worse, than the African slaves. But again, we aren't here to compare who had "the worse a.ss whoopin'", it doesn't matter, it's about who can come up with the best solutions starting from the bottom.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy