Jun 21 - African American Unemployment at 16 Percent

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
56 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
75 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #41
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
if you dont have a job you are too fu*king lazy or have too much pride...regardless of race

why do black people constantly blame racisim when latinos and asians STILL THRIVE????
 6 years ago '10        #42
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,179 | Props total: 8249 8249
 Down-N-H-Town said:
This is the only one I have a problem with. That's the type of comments that come from white people (not racist, but making a point). They say that we are sagging our pants and talking with slang... What dumb a.ss does this in a job interview? I know there are dumb people, but someone has to have some sense. When black people sag, we are ganstas, but when whites do it, they are skaters or whatever. Just like dude that was at the airport that got arrested b/c he was sagging. If dude was a white skateboarder, they would've looked the other way. IDK how they thought he was a security issue when I KNOW he was checked by TSA AND the random check before he got on the plane.

I have had people walk into my office and sit down and say "I just need a fukkin job bad, if i dont get a job I'ma go back to jail", "Man you hiring or what?", "Black man I need you to help me find a job bad, this child support k!lling my a.ss", "I dont even care what the job is, i just need some damn work". Thats just last month.

People dont realize what that 16% consist of, you thinking about the people that actually are looking to get a job and know how to conduct themselves. There's alot of people out there that dont.

I've seen people that come into an office dressed like little wayne and think that they are going to be hired.
 6 years ago '04        #43
vagangster 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,162 | Props total: 312 312
 Mr. Snowman said:
if you dont have a job you are too fu*king lazy or have too much pride...regardless of race

why do black people constantly blame racisim when latinos and asians STILL THRIVE????
:agreement6:
 6 years ago '11        #44
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 KnockinOnHD2001 said:
'Even so, in this climate, where jobs are scarce, even having a real skill is still no guarantee of a job.'

So then what's the point of going to college if your not guaranteed a job afterwards? I not wasting 4 yrs on a gamble
4-year universities don't get you a skill, they give you knowledge lol...community colleges and technical colleges get you skills.
 06-21-2011, 10:09 PM         #45
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that's it??
 06-21-2011, 10:10 PM         #46
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blood Edge said:
yup

we've gotta create our own jobs and businesses

it's sad they most African Americans have adopted Eurocentric individualism....they need to be on their modern immigrant swag stacking money up together
same sh*t I read in the miseducation of the negro
 6 years ago '06        #47
The Scenario 43 heat pts43
space
space
$4,136 | Props total: 3172 3172
This means I have no job.
 6 years ago '11        #48
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 Opulence said:
Can you please explain why other nationalities such as Chinese Americans, and Japanese Americans, although oppressed have now surpassed the "white" race in areas such as income and education. Can you also explain why whites are approved for mortages more often than blacks, yet Asians are approved more often than whites.

Institutitionalized racism and discrimination in the 21 century are abstract excuses from a people largely lacking merit and drive. Information like the unemployment rate gives black people a chance for some pity party, while black woman go out and spend a supposed, staggering - $500 BILLION (where did they get $500 billion in buying power from?) on hair & haircare.
are you really trying to compare asian oppression in America to the 100 years of slavery, then subsequent lack of respect as humans(seriously, we were "sub" human)? I'm not one to play the race card, I work damn hard for the little I get and I can see my light at the end of the tunnel, but I hate when people really act like African-Americans had no strife that MIGHT affect a percentage up to this day.
 6 years ago '11        #49
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 Tommy_Bunz said:
same sh*t I read in the miseducation of the negro
it truly is...corporate america lives by darwin's rule, the strong survive, the weak suffer...if you trying to make money in this economy you f!ght for yourself, because helping the next man will get you stepped on, honestly...the whole thought of leaning on your "brother" for help has left a lot of young cats with fu*ked up mindstates that keep them in there fu*ked up situations
 6 years ago '11        #50
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 vagangster said:
So, just so I understand this. Paying every black person in this country reparations, even though they themselves, nor their parents , parents parents or parents grand parents were slaves, will help the unemployment how? It will not do anything, in fact will less likely help motivate people to get a job. Affirmative action HBU'S/HBCU'S. Stop making excuses and motivate yourselves to get a damn job.
that's where people get it fu*ked up...it won't just the slaves that got sh*tted on, the civil rights movement was so we could become HUMAN in the eyes of white people lol...people really forget kids hotel rooms being vandalized for playing basketball with white people, MLK being stoned for simply marching down a street, Rosa being arrested for sitting on the wrong end of the bus, Till getting beat to death for flirting with a white girl...c'mon man
 6 years ago '08        #51
Sowhat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 1 1
 ra1n said:
lol? how about: THERE SIMPLY IS NOT ENOUGH JOBS TO GO AROUND. This economy fu*king sucks. Yes, I'm making excuses.

& I can confidently say that most people would be better off with a bullet in their head then SLAVING for minimum wage at a fast food restaurant.

Word. It's hard for everybody to get jobs nowadays. Makes me question articles like this. Why point out the black population? Only reason I can guess is to make white folks feel good about themselves. Lol @ thinking black folk are lazy like that. Yea, there are some- as there are in every race. Cats is out there trying, there are not enough jobs to go around. All the factory jobs that were relied on are now outsourced. Plain and simple.
 6 years ago '04        #52
doro85 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,166 | Props total: 435 435
its hard for anybody to find a job, most jobs require skills n clean background.. Gotta go to school man.. Like a wise man once told me.. "the only person who can help u better yourself is... Yourself"
 6 years ago '04        #53
$tackBundle$ 2 heat pts
space
space
$944 | Props total: 141 141
 Opulence said:
Can you please explain why other nationalities such as Chinese Americans, and Japanese Americans, although oppressed have now surpassed the "white" race in areas such as income and education.
Because they didn't endure 400 years of slavery and 100 more years of discrimination. Plus they stick together like fly paper.

Opulence said:
Can you also explain why whites are approved for mortages more often than blacks, yet Asians are approved more often than whites.
Because they got A-1 credit from selling all that weave and chinese food, and they got their own banks. When the last time you seen a Chinaman at a wachovia?
 06-21-2011, 10:51 PM         #54
munn3702008 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yep going school the best thing for anybody to do because if you one misdemenor now they treat it like a felony and will not hire even the temp job wont hire with a misdemenor
 6 years ago '09        #55
420Sosa 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,337 | Props total: 922 922
 Opulence said:
Can you please explain why other nationalities such as Chinese Americans, and Japanese Americans, although oppressed have now surpassed the "white" race in areas such as income and education. Can you also explain why whites are approved for mortages more often than blacks, yet Asians are approved more often than whites.

Institutitionalized racism and discrimination in the 21 century are abstract excuses from a people largely lacking merit and drive. Information like the unemployment rate gives black people a chance for some pity party, while black woman go out and spend a supposed, staggering - $500 BILLION (where did they get $500 billion in buying power from?) on hair & haircare.
Look at the African American timeline in this country, from the very start they was oppressed and right when they was about to the light at the end of tunnel something else brought them back down 20 steps, even after Jim Crow and the Civil Rights Movement, its a well known fact that the government, the same government that gives opportunity to all "equally" in this country flooded the poor African American communities with crack and guns, lets be 100% about this man they played chess with us, trying to take the next piece from us while giving us the bait of money and the false sense of hope and opportunity to get out the hood and we fell for it and got trampled with it I'll admit the faults on our end but don't act like institutionalized racism and discrimination don't exist in the 21st century or its "abstract" naw that sh*t is clear as day at least to us that's going through it, and like I said we as a race is at fault to a degree but it takes two tangle man and were not the only one on the dance floor...

vagangster said:
So, just so I understand this. Paying every black person in this country reparations, even though they themselves, nor their parents , parents parents or parents grand parents were slaves, will help the unemployment how? It will not do anything, in fact will less likely help motivate people to get a job. Affirmative action HBU'S/HBCU'S. Stop making excuses and motivate yourselves to get a damn job.
Yes paying every black person reparations is fair and just, the Native Americans got it, so should African Americans like I said to Opulence view the timeline thoroughly and tell me where the oppression has ever ceased for us... We don't necessarily want money we just something back from everything our people went through as a whole, my grandparents and my parents still remember everything they went through in the 60's and further back... and don't give me an argument that we got it, because we don't and if we do please enlighten me on what and when it was given

Opulence said:
I don't agree, I think its the actual "Black culture" that leads to that viewpoint. People in poverty have access to libraries, and resources, test preparations, etc. The current Black culture actually is all about being the weakest sh*t on the planet and being okay with it.
Current Black Culture??? :snoopf acepalm: please tell me about the current black culture... because if you think its about being the "weakest sh*t on the planet" you might want to go back and review your source or your viewpoint
 06-22-2011, 02:05 AM         #56
Opulence 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gattsau said:
Your clueless if u think indentured servants who had opportunities to free themselves were the same as slaves. The Atlantic slave trade wasn't based on slavery but it used slavery to justify it and really can be seen as the true origin of racism.
Like I said, indentured servant is a euphemism; unlike Blacks, white people are not proud of their history as slaves (and they hide it). Go read the book, They Where White and They Were Slaves. In fact, I could give you a whole host of books on the subject, this isn't just an opinion, I actually have research to back it up.

The Atlantic Slave Trade was based on economics, they didn't enslave black people out of spite, it was profitable. The little white man didn't go onto the shores of Africa and tackle big negroes, they made deals with Africans sovereigns.

Racism was created by social scientists so the dumb ignorant poor people (white and black) would be distracted by it. I mean, in general the white race was invented by social scientists. White is not a nationality, and the original "Puritans" and Anglo Saxons that settled here didn't much approve of other types of Europeans, they considered them savages, while they traded and paid tributes to the Moors of the Barbary Coast.

I think you might be the clueless one, you need to read more on this subject.
 6 years ago '06        #57
RAZAH CUTS 5840 heat pts5840
space
space
$54,077 | Props total: 18893 18893
man.....these numbers are only gonna rise....and 16% is waaay too low...tehy say the real numbers are something like 30%....

it's daunting out here man, no matter what color, but it's extra tough if your a black or brown male who's 6 ft. or over and you look menacing...
 06-22-2011, 02:22 AM         #58
Opulence 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 420Sosa said:
Look at the African American timeline in this country, from the very start they was oppressed and right when they was about to the light at the end of tunnel something else brought them back down 20 steps, even after Jim Crow and the Civil Rights Movement, its a well known fact that the government, the same government that gives opportunity to all "equally" in this country flooded the poor African American communities with crack and guns, lets be 100% about this man they played chess with us, trying to take the next piece from us while giving us the bait of money and the false sense of hope and opportunity to get out the hood and we fell for it and got trampled with it I'll admit the faults on our end but don't act like institutionalized racism and discrimination don't exist in the 21st century or its "abstract" naw that sh*t is clear as day at least to us that's going through it, and like I said we as a race is at fault to a degree but it takes two tangle man and were not the only one on the dance floor...
I know the African American timeline, and frankly, it makes everything worse. Black people have been here for a long time, and have made very little progress.

Chinese, Indians, and other nationalities also lived in low income, poverty stricken, neighborhoods at the start, yet they didn't have heavy crack epidemics. No one forced black people to mess with crack, etc. Why black people are barking racism, everyone else is getting their bread. When are we going to actually do something? Now I see why the black people called Bouge, and Boule seperate themselves from the other black people. n*ggas have victimization issues (I'm not talking about you, just in general). The government or should I say the eminence grise group only capitalizes off of already inherent weaknesses. They do this will all nationalities though, not just negroes. That just means you have to be on your game..

420Sosa said:
Current Black Culture??? :snoopf acepalm: please tell me about the current black culture... because if you think its about being the "weakest sh*t on the planet" you might want to go back and review your source or your viewpoint
Have you not peeped the black culture of today? n*ggas is all about being inferior. sh*t now is way worse than it ever was.
 6 years ago '06        #59
RAZAH CUTS 5840 heat pts5840
space
space
$54,077 | Props total: 18893 18893
why does sh*t like this always devolve into a debate about black culture....

I thought we were looking at the stats here...the pure straight up stats.....and they're damning....

the United States should be held in contempt for how they treat minorities, specifically Latinos and African Americans....
 06-22-2011, 02:46 AM         #60
Opulence 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RAZAH CUTS said:
why does sh*t like this always devolve into a debate about black culture....

I thought we were looking at the stats here...the pure straight up stats.....and they're damning....

the United States should be held in contempt for how they treat minorities, specifically Latinos and African Americans....

Maybe because people are trying to figure out WHY black people (culture) supposedly have higher rates of unemployment. I mean I actually think the numbers are exaggerated. I don't know if you saw it, but I posted the method that the actual statisticians use to come to these numbers, just by the description its faulty. The media will always have us focusing on the negative sh*t that's happening to black people (of course), instead of the opposite. We see sh*t like this and automatically think racism, oppression, and bottom barrel, but its just some n*ggas who are currently unemployed, most who have no marketable skills, felonies, or are just straight chilling on government a.ssistance. It's really not that heavy.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
80 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
71 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
276 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy