Jun 21 - African American Unemployment at 16 Percent

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #21
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
This is a result of institutionalized racism and discrimination. Even with all things being more equal than they were in the past, black people as a whole have had such a late start in this country because of policies put in place by lawmakers. Even with the majority of those policies gone, they still have a legacy effect. Further, there has not been proper compensation to the offspring and relatives of those who endured slavery. Yes, reparations are due in SOME form, be it monetarily, land, tax exemption, or educational.

Every other westernized country has paid reparations to those it enslaved or discriminated against (Australia, South Africa, Germany, and more), yet the US acts like we should be over slavery, Jim Crow, etc, and acts like it never happened. This country has never atoned for it, and atonement is due.

Does this excuse black people being lazy? Of course not. There absolutely needs to be a higher degree of self-determination as a collective than there is now, which is almost non-existent. But, it needs to be around a specific or multiple causes. I think reparations should be one of those causes, as well as the exploitation of black culture for profit.

/end rant.
 6 years ago '11        #22
Backflipz 84 heat pts84 OP
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
 IronMaiden said:
biggest load of fu*king sh*t i have ever heard

i worked at a government center for 2 years where people came to apply for food stamps etc. and guess what? 99% of the people who came in were black and were completely capable of working, somehow they could afford $200-300 shoes, $100 shirts and expensive cards but not food? same with SSI.

a lot of them choose to cheat and leech from the government instead of working, same goes with illegal mexicans and white people but the majority is black people, this is 2011, black people work everywhere don't give me that bullsh*t because you can't find a high paying job that you really love, it's life.. most of us work sh*tty jobs because thats life.

how do you think all these illegal mexicans are getting all these jobs? because they arent lazy a.ss mother fu*kers
Most poor people are white however...Not making excuses for lazy people though
 06-21-2011, 07:02 PM         #23
munn3702008 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all i know is if you felnoy or a misdemeanor in my town your best chance at getting a job is the chicken plant because they aint no where is even going to hire you and those temp jobs is only paying 7.25
 6 years ago '04        #24
Shea-bird 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,725 | Props total: 381 381
 Blood Edge said:

[pic - click to view]

typical boxden....thread is done and all it takes is 1 idiot
You just don't know.
 06-21-2011, 07:45 PM         #25
Opulence 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People should learn about statistics, and how unemployment is even calculated in the first place, before they make this data an internal reality.

"
It's from the household survey that we derive the widely-reported unemployment rate. Each month the government contacts 60,000 homes, a opulation that includes farm as well as non-farm workers, the self employed, the domestic helpers...

The response rate from households is fairly high- about 95% of those queried do respond. Thus, out of 60,000 households, some 57,000 come back with answers, while 3,000 are not heard from. All the interviews are done either in the week that contains the twelfth day of each month, or just days later. Based on the information received, the size of the civilian labor force is calculated, along with how many of these people currently have jobs. Then comes a simple equation: divide the number of those over the age of 16 who are not working by the total number of people in the civilian labor force- there you have the unemployment rate.

...However one should bear in mind that the household jobs survey has one serious vulnerability. Its integrity is based on the answers given by household members, and they might not always be accurate.
Also:

The establishment survey- is considered by many to be a better employment measure... The information it gathers on the job market comes directly from business establishments, not households. The Bereau of Labor Statistics gets in touch with 400,000 companies and government agencies. These entities employ more than 40 million workers, or about 45% of total non-farm employment [What about the other 55 percent, what if more black work in those industries?]. The information is obtained by both mail and telephone [not a good way to compute data]...

Remember, however, that all the establishment survey does is tally the number of jobs created or lost in the U.S. business and government sectors, regardless of who filled those posts. The only groups excluded from the establishment survey are farm workers, the self-employed, and domestic help [all sectors that black do work in].
- Taken from the book, "The Secrets of Economic Indicators".
 06-21-2011, 08:04 PM         #26
Opulence 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 <<InphDigi>> said:
This is a result of institutionalized racism and discrimination. Even with all things being more equal than they were in the past, black people as a whole have had such a late start in this country because of policies put in place by lawmakers. Even with the majority of those policies gone, they still have a legacy effect. Further, there has not been proper compensation to the offspring and relatives of those who endured slavery. Yes, reparations are due in SOME form, be it monetarily, land, tax exemption, or educational.

Every other westernized country has paid reparations to those it enslaved or discriminated against (Australia, South Africa, Germany, and more), yet the US acts like we should be over slavery, Jim Crow, etc, and acts like it never happened. This country has never atoned for it, and atonement is due.

Does this excuse black people being lazy? Of course not. There absolutely needs to be a higher degree of self-determination as a collective than there is now, which is almost non-existent. But, it needs to be around a specific or multiple causes. I think reparations should be one of those causes, as well as the exploitation of black culture for profit.

/end rant.
Can you please explain why other nationalities such as Chinese Americans, and Japanese Americans, although oppressed have now surpassed the "white" race in areas such as income and education. Can you also explain why whites are approved for mortages more often than blacks, yet Asians are approved more often than whites.

Institutitionalized racism and discrimination in the 21 century are abstract excuses from a people largely lacking merit and drive. Information like the unemployment rate gives black people a chance for some pity party, while black woman go out and spend a supposed, staggering - $500 BILLION (where did they get $500 billion in buying power from?) on hair & haircare.
 06-21-2011, 08:07 PM         #27
donmeca2020 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bi0 said:
Problem is they just blk are just getting Discriminated against..... prejudice employers only hiring one race...
i seriously doubt that... i work for the county here in south florida, and youd be suprized on how outnumbered whites and other ethinicities are the lesser groupe employed. where i work the majority of of staff are black... try again numbnuts....
 6 years ago '04        #28
vagangster 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,161 | Props total: 307 307
 <<InphDigi>> said:

/end rant.
So, just so I understand this. Paying every black person in this country reparations, even though they themselves, nor their parents , parents parents or parents grand parents were slaves, will help the unemployment how? It will not do anything, in fact will less likely help motivate people to get a job. Affirmative action HBU'S/HBCU'S. Stop making excuses and motivate yourselves to get a damn job.
 06-21-2011, 08:30 PM         #29
Opulence 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gattsau said:
Now u make some decent points, some are true but did you really compare blacks enslaving Europeans to the european slave trade? The slavery that africans imposed on some Europeans and other people was not race based just like most early slavery was not racially motivated so that's a pure analogy. Not even to mention the effects of that slave trade that are still felt today.

Of course there are faults for the mentality of many blacks however the fact that most grow up in poverty is really what leads to that viewpoint.
Yes! In fact, the Muslims in North Africa, and "blacks" of other nations enslaved millions of Europeans throughout the centuries. A lot of this data is just coming to light, but its all there. And yes, it was actually as crucial, or even more crucial. Read the book "White Gold", a first hand account of Moulay Ismail treatment of his slaves.

No slave trade is ever race based. The Atlantic Slavery is missing the chapter of all the white slaves euphemistically called "indentured servants", that were enslaved at the same time. The native american slavery has also been lost to the annals of history. No one can explain why they also had Native American, & Black slave owners a long side white slave owners, its all economics.

The so called effects of the slave trade have more to do with what happened after slavery than some type of post traumatic disorder. If that was the case, then all the heavy inventors, scientists, business owners, landowners, etc, wouldn't have showed up directly out of slavery.
 06-21-2011, 08:33 PM         #30
Opulence 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gattsau said:
Of course there are faults for the mentality of many blacks however the fact that most grow up in poverty is really what leads to that viewpoint.
I don't agree, I think its the actual "Black culture" that leads to that viewpoint. People in poverty have access to libraries, and resources, test preparations, etc. The current Black culture actually is all about being the weakest sh*t on the planet and being okay with it.
 6 years ago '07        #31
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,599 | Props total: 912 912
white people know so much about being black

tell me more, white man.
 6 years ago '10        #32
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 Luisc137 said:
who cares... black, white, yellow it don't matter. my girl and i just relocated and within a week she found a decent paying management job with no college degree. if you're unemployed it's cause you're fu*kin lazy.
bingo
 06-21-2011, 09:09 PM         #33
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blood Edge said:
yup

we've gotta create our own jobs and businesses

it's sad they most African Americans have adopted Eurocentric individualism....they need to be on their modern immigrant swag stacking money up together
Yes but in what society is this obtained? Surely not the American society?...Not to say its not possible but lets be honest, blacks held no role in the creation of capitolism, and if Americas true way we never will. So in what market are we to invest in to seperate our selves from this Eurocentric individualism.
 6 years ago '05        #34
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
 Luisc137 said:
who cares... black, white, yellow it don't matter. my girl and i just relocated and within a week she found a decent paying management job with no college degree. if you're unemployed it's cause you're fu*kin lazy.
smh. what world you live in

Gattsau said:
Of course there are people who are too lazy to get jobs but to act like blacks are only unemployed because "they are lazy" is retarded. Have yall seen whats going on in the country lately? You do know that a vast majority live in metro levels like DET in which the job market is beyond poor.

Also the employment figures for everyone is much higher than 9 pct learn how unemployment is calculated. Underemployment is even a bigger issue. Just because some people are unemployed doesn't mean they are lazy. One of my boys who was in the military and finished his bachelors is unemployed due to cuts at his job. Sure he can find a retail job but his unemployment benefits out pays what he would get from one of those jobs. So hes back in school working to make himself more marketable but in the short term hes unemployed. Alot of people are doing similar things, it doesnt make you lazy.

06-21-2011, 09:20 PM         #35
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IronMaiden said:

i worked at a government center for 2 years where people came to apply for food stamps etc. and guess what? 99% of the people who came in were black and were completely capable of working, somehow they could afford $200-300 shoes, $100 shirts and expensive cards but not food? same with SSI.

a lot of them choose to cheat and leech from the government instead of working, same goes with illegal mexicans and white people but the majority is black people, this is 2011, black people work everywhere don't give me that bullsh*t because you can't find a high paying job that you really love, it's life.. most of us work sh*tty jobs because thats life.

how do you think all these illegal mexicans are getting all these jobs? because they arent lazy a.ss mother fu*kers
Ok first mexicans get jobs because they are ILLEGAL.......its because they can get paid UNDER THE TABLE and the companies dont have to claim them are the funds collected from them because legally the workers are not supposed exist........

Secondly with you working at a government center where 99% of recipients were black..........more then likely in a predominately minority populated city or area gives you insight on ever single person requesting welfare or social security. The article says 16% unemployment in the black community....so obviously there are alot of black Americans out of work. Have you matched the statistics of the applicants who held no previous welfare history? What about previous work experience, what about recent foreclosures or bankruptcies? I doubt you did or even cared cause all you saw was black people looking for a hand out.........Not PEOPLE potentially in need ..........just black people.............your view of what you think they are about is a observation or a as*hole point of view if you will.....there is no way for you to determine what a persons life is like from some f*ggot government position that you probably couldnt keep because your obvious distain for the black race made you appear like a little whiny bi*ch that wouldnt be caught in a black neighborhood after 6pm
 6 years ago '10        #36
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,166 | Props total: 8201 8201
I deal with this every day and I'll admit racism does play a part in hiring choice BUT that 16% boils down to four things

1. Too many black men with felonies
2. Too many lazy a.ss dudes who would rather sell drugs or lay up with some fat girl while she work and they can chill on the couch
3. Employers don't want to hire people with tattoos on their face and pants and PAJAMAS hanging off your a.ss
4. Mexicans will work for $7.55, SOME black people wont even work for $9.00.

Trust me black people are working, out of that 16% I would say 5-7% are actual viable workers who deserve a good job, the rest dont want to do the work that's out there for them.

Dos-effect said:
Ok first mexicans get jobs because they are ILLEGAL.......its because they can get paid UNDER THE TABLE and the companies dont have to claim them are the funds collected from them because legally the workers are not supposed exist........
That's not true at all, any large company in america has to verify their employees. Day laborers and farmers are the ones who have illegals.

Last edited by Nautilus O; 06-21-2011 at 09:26 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #37
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
lol, why are blacks noticeably lower than asians and latinos if there is so much discrimination going on?
 6 years ago '06        #38
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,629 | Props total: 602 602
 IronMaiden said:

I hear you on that, but they are generalizing black people for the most part. I know there are some weak black people out there who are capable of working, but part of the reason there is a high unemployment rate is b/c of race. We can't be THAT bad as a people to think that the majority of the unemployed is lazy. The unemployment rate for whites is like 9%... what about them? Those numbers are somewhat skewed.

And if you go on CNN.com or other news websites and view the comments, they put all blacks in a box... But you are right about some blacks being lazy. But we deserve more credit than that. Black people that talk down on there own people is only helping divide us and proving that we are wrong and the white man is right.
 6 years ago '06        #39
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,629 | Props total: 602 602
 Nautilus O said:
I deal with this every day and I'll admit racism does play a part in hiring choice BUT that 16% boils down to four things

3. Employers don't want to hire people with tattoos on their face and pants and PAJAMAS hanging off your a.ss
This is the only one I have a problem with. That's the type of comments that come from white people (not racist, but making a point). They say that we are sagging our pants and talking with slang... What dumb a.ss does this in a job interview? I know there are dumb people, but someone has to have some sense. When black people sag, we are ganstas, but when whites do it, they are skaters or whatever. Just like dude that was at the airport that got arrested b/c he was sagging. If dude was a white skateboarder, they would've looked the other way. IDK how they thought he was a security issue when I KNOW he was checked by TSA AND the random check before he got on the plane.
 6 years ago '05        #40
Mysteryman 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,293 | Props total: 1101 1101
Im Black and just got a 2nd job 2 weeks ago. Now im working 2 jobs while taking summer classes in college.

Its not all racism from employers as many here want to believe
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
135 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy