most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
68 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Is Gasol Staying in La La Land?
YES 43 60.56%
NO 28 39.44%
Voters: 71. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #41
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,317 | Props total: 1965 1965
Just imagine... at the point, a young guard, kobe, d.will, kevin love & dwight howard ! C'mon LA do this now & do it fast. I cant wait til thursday.
 6 years ago '04        #42
lethalastro 
space
space
$2,206 | Props total: 23 23
 ra1n said:

[pic - click to view]

good post/essay
 6 years ago '04        #43
lethalastro 
space
space
$2,206 | Props total: 23 23
 KleinBaller said:
Pau is better. He's taller. He's longer. He's better defensively. Much more of a threat for blocks in the paint. He's a better passer. He's a MUCH better scorer.

Now I know you're immediately going to say "but Kevin Love averages 20 points and Pau averages 19".

Pau averaged 19 points with the leagues 5th leading scorer on his team, and being the number two option.

Kevin Love put up 20 points a game being the number one option on his team, and the only other legit scoring threat on his team being Michael Beasley.

Pau spent the majority of his whole career being the number one option in Memphis. And as I stated earlier, he averaged 17.5 - 21 points per game his whole time there.

Not too add, he took that team to the THREE STRAIGHT PLAYOFF APPEARANCES, and had winning seasons there with a sub-par supporting cast. Something Kevin Love has yet to do. He's the number one option and has yet to help that team win more than 17 games in a season.

Not too add Pau shoots a much better field goal percentage than him.

AND Pau has never averaged less than 17.5 points per game his WHOLE CAREER. Meaning, his rookie season included.

Kevin Love averaged 11 and 14 points respectively his first 2 seasons.

AND most of Kevin Loves points come from put backs, threes, or hitting a mid range jumper.

Outside of hitting threes, Pau does ALL of that AND he has a post game which is HUGE for a PF.

The only thing Kevin Love has on Pau is his age and rebounding.

The Lakers were 3rd in the league in rebounding last year, so rebounding isn't an issue that needs to be addressed.

And at the age of 30, Pau has atleast 2-3 years of continuing to play at this level.

Why would a team that is already third in the league as a team in rebounding, want to give up everything that Pau offers you that Kevin Love doesn't to be a little bit better of a rebounding team and a get a little younger at 1 position? (And let's be real here, he's not going to be putting up those same rebounding numbers playing next to Andrew Bynum)

Maybe even more because he's only been in the NBA 9 years, which is not a lot for someone his age, and he has no history of injury.

The main issues with taking that #2 pick is:
A. If you make the pick, Derrick Williams is more than likely not going to be more than a bench player to small time starter in this league. Yeah, he could prove scouts wrong, but that's the more than likely what's going to happen. He's a tweener who is shaky on a lot of the skills needed for his position(s).
B. You don't know what's going to come of that draft pick in such a shaky draft class. It's WAY too much of a risk.
C. With this draft class being weak, the value of that pick is a lot lower, and so the trade value for it isn't what you would get in typical years. Why do you think there's so much talk of these struggling teams wanting to trade these high picks away?

I just think there's an overreaction to this playoff loss. We don't go to the finals for the 4th year in a row and everyone immediately wants to hit the panic button and blow up what's worked for us 3 out of the last 4 years. There was ZERO talk of even possibly trading Pau before now? The idea of trading Pau before his playoff performance would have been LAUGHED at.

The issue for most of this season (outside of the playoffs) wasn't Pau. It was a need for a more athletic and better shooting swing man, youth and consistent shooting at the PG position, and more consistent bench play.

Those are the issues that need to be addressed and they don't get addressed in this trade scenario.
someone get this man on espn!
 6 years ago '05        #44
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
So n*ggas are mad at the Lakers cuz the WOLVES WANT PAU to play next to his spanish counterpart?

Hate is running rampant through here right now...

The same cats screaming the Lakers are 'old and done' are saying how blasphemous to trade an aging piece of our squad for 2 future pieces that could pan out to help the team just as much as Pau alone?

KLove got starter minutes for the first time in his career and showed out...couple that with a 'cant miss prospect' in Derrick Williams and your gonna try n tell me that those 2 combined cant contribute what Pau does? While also positioning us to compete for a while to come?

I like Pau, i think he brings a nice dimension to our team and is far more effective in the post than bynum(excluding this past post season).

Either way, im a Laker fan...and im not choosing ANY player over the organization, so if he out...hes out....but i would love to add without subtracting, despite the likelihood of such...

But if the trades something like- Pau+walton/barnes/blake/etc.+ picks for Love/#2/filler.... As an organization, we HAVE to jump on that
 6 years ago '09        #45
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,179 | Props total: 22639 22639
 pus*yFiend said:
Yeah cus your team didn't trade away one of the main pieces if not the biggest piece to you guys being successful in the playoffs prior to this yr right?????

Or did you forget how your whole team went in to depressed mode for like 2 weeks when they heard the news...

[pic - click to view]

Look at that mans poor face....it has betrayal written all over it

Really? Perkins was a main cog, but really now? Perk was the biggest reason we were successful?? I know for a fact you wasn't watching much basketball prior to the gasol trade and the kg/ray allen acquisition.

However, we sent our brother to a contender. We let our brother tony allen fly his wings and is now a veteran leader on a great playoff team as well. Y'all disrespecting pau, the main reason you guys got those finals appearances and rings, and sending him to memphis is like us just straight up cutting rondo and paul pierce

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by TriniSoldier; 06-20-2011 at 11:09 PM..
 06-20-2011, 11:19 PM         #46
Walt Thizzney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pau is a fu*king pus*y a.ss nicca... ole spanish fly nicca mad his jump off getting dome from some real playas.... n*gga trying to escape that L by cutting it off his name... dude is straight chris bosh chromozone ole passive a.ss bi*ch nicca.... dudes a herb trade his a.ss for love in a second Bynum is at least a real nicca
 6 years ago '04        #47
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 2731 2731
Gasol is a better a.sset than love
i dont really see what they re doing ...they need a pg and maybe another shooting guard
 6 years ago '04        #48
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,344 | Props total: 11265 11265
love and #2 ... wow, if true, LA is making off with murder imo
 6 years ago '11        #49
kennyboy0707 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,129 | Props total: 64 64
This n*gga beggin to stay after he single handedly caused the Lakers to get Swept????

6 years ago '11        #50
kennyboy0707 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,129 | Props total: 64 64
 KleinBaller said:
Pau is better. He's taller. He's longer. He's better defensively. Much more of a threat for blocks in the paint. He's a better passer. He's a MUCH better scorer.

Now I know you're immediately going to say "but Kevin Love averages 20 points and Pau averages 19".

Pau averaged 19 points with the leagues 5th leading scorer on his team, and being the number two option.

Kevin Love put up 20 points a game being the number one option on his team, and the only other legit scoring threat on his team being Michael Beasley.

Pau spent the majority of his whole career being the number one option in Memphis. And as I stated earlier, he averaged 17.5 - 21 points per game his whole time there.

Not too add, he took that team to the THREE STRAIGHT PLAYOFF APPEARANCES, and had winning seasons there with a sub-par supporting cast. Something Kevin Love has yet to do. He's the number one option and has yet to help that team win more than 17 games in a season.

Not too add Pau shoots a much better field goal percentage than him.

AND Pau has never averaged less than 17.5 points per game his WHOLE CAREER. Meaning, his rookie season included.

Kevin Love averaged 11 and 14 points respectively his first 2 seasons.

AND most of Kevin Loves points come from put backs, threes, or hitting a mid range jumper.

Outside of hitting threes, Pau does ALL of that AND he has a post game which is HUGE for a PF.

The only thing Kevin Love has on Pau is his age and rebounding.

The Lakers were 3rd in the league in rebounding last year, so rebounding isn't an issue that needs to be addressed.

And at the age of 30, Pau has atleast 2-3 years of continuing to play at this level.

Why would a team that is already third in the league as a team in rebounding, want to give up everything that Pau offers you that Kevin Love doesn't to be a little bit better of a rebounding team and a get a little younger at 1 position? (And let's be real here, he's not going to be putting up those same rebounding numbers playing next to Andrew Bynum)

Maybe even more because he's only been in the NBA 9 years, which is not a lot for someone his age, and he has no history of injury.

The main issues with taking that #2 pick is:
A. If you make the pick, Derrick Williams is more than likely not going to be more than a bench player to small time starter in this league. Yeah, he could prove scouts wrong, but that's the more than likely what's going to happen. He's a tweener who is shaky on a lot of the skills needed for his position(s).
B. You don't know what's going to come of that draft pick in such a shaky draft class. It's WAY too much of a risk.
C. With this draft class being weak, the value of that pick is a lot lower, and so the trade value for it isn't what you would get in typical years. Why do you think there's so much talk of these struggling teams wanting to trade these high picks away?

I just think there's an overreaction to this playoff loss. We don't go to the finals for the 4th year in a row and everyone immediately wants to hit the panic button and blow up what's worked for us 3 out of the last 4 years. There was ZERO talk of even possibly trading Pau before now? The idea of trading Pau before his playoff performance would have been LAUGHED at.

The issue for most of this season (outside of the playoffs) wasn't Pau. It was a need for a more athletic and better shooting swing man, youth and consistent shooting at the PG position, and more consistent bench play.

Those are the issues that need to be addressed and they don't get addressed in this trade scenario.

[pic - click to view]

06-20-2011, 11:49 PM         #51
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Word it's not like Boston ain't do the same sh*t.
At least we didn't ride pau into the dirt....

We was actually pissed when perk got traded, and new that playoff run was gonna buch harder.

I'm still pissed.
 6 years ago '06        #52
tg4hiphop 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,004 | Props total: 26 26
mamba' wants some young blood.
 6 years ago '10        #53
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,528 | Props total: 9907 9907
 pu**yFiend said:
Yeah cus your team didn't trade away one of the main pieces if not the biggest piece to you guys being successful in the playoffs prior to this yr right?????

Or did you forget how your whole team went in to depressed mode for like 2 weeks when they heard the news...

[pic - click to view]

Look at that mans poor face....it has betrayal written all over it

6 years ago '10        #54
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
 Kasssssst said:
I'm still not trading Pau........
Not for no damn Kevin Love either.
 6 years ago '08        #55
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
so this means he begged to stay in LA? i should shoot ur mother for this sh*t.
 6 years ago '07        #56
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
sound like that n*gga don't wanna go to no hoe a.ss minnesota...id be begging to
 06-21-2011, 01:09 AM         #57
greenthumbz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I say keep Gasol In a Laker Uniform, Get Ridda Bynum he's a bumb! Gasol was a key component in LA's title reign's. Add D12 to the Laker big's and u have SERIOUS problems. Get sum more depth in the back court to take some pressure off Kobe's shoulders and the Lakers r right back in contention truss me!
 06-21-2011, 01:12 AM         #58
greenthumbz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think LA made a mistake when they dealt: Sasha Vujacic to Jersey and failed to re-sign Jordan Farmar, those guys were huge in both of LA's championship runs.
 06-21-2011, 05:00 AM         #59
antdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
trading pau would be on of the most foul moves in nba history
 6 years ago '08        #60
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
and dudes get mad at bron for the way he left cleveland?
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
191 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy