Lupe Fiasco On The O’Reilly Factor (full interview)

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
33 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #141
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 Imagin3 said:
he did pretty well.
he held his own, he let o reilly fluster him but he did pretty well for someone with a tangent understanding of politics.
overall, 8/10.
he never clearly defended why he called the dude a terrorist though, which I thought would be pretty easy to do.
Why would you give him a 8/10 if he couldn't even defend the statement he was there for ??? especially if you thought it was easy ???
 6 years ago '05        #142
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,954 | Props total: 10842 10842
I'm a lupe fan and all and I can't stand O'reilly, but I'm sorry this n*gga lupe sounded fu*kin stupid.
 6 years ago '10        #143
rockyin4 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,061 | Props total: 440 440
 mdoggslim said:
really? because I watched, and I'm going to say the giant white guy with his own t.v show dedicated to eloquently ridiculing all opposition - won. Won a lot.
I don't see that at all. I think they both didn't say anything or state... anything. Just a pointless conversation. I don't know much about politics but no one won that. In a debate you have to exploit holes in their argument.

"Did you like when we got Bin Laden!?"

"Well yes!"

How can there be a winning in that?
 06-21-2011, 02:41 AM         #144
Hustle N Flow 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How long was the debate again...? (Exact-ly)

Fukk is 5 mins

Its easy 2 hate behind a computer sceen

Sayin Lupe shoulda done this, Lupe shoulda done that.

Considerin the facts, Lupe did decent

Now am I a fan of his current muzik??? naw "Lasers" was terrible
 6 years ago '04        #145
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,167 | Props total: 1625 1625
man Lupe's corny as a fu*k, n*gga walked all over dude
 6 years ago '04        #146
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 rockyin4 said:
I don't see that at all. I think they both didn't say anything or state... anything. Just a pointless conversation. I don't know much about politics but no one won that. In a debate you have to exploit holes in their argument.

"Did you like when we got Bin Laden!?"

"Well yes!"

How can there be a winning in that?

I feel that Lupe lost because he was there to make a point and defend a statement that pretty much everyone in this thread agrees he couldn't , O'Rielly was just there to question and criticize, not necessarily make a point but to make it harder for Lupe to make his, which he succeeded at. O'Rielly's rebuttals kept going directly at Lupe's statement like " You're wrong because ....." , everytime it was Lupe's turn to respond he was on some " that's true, but " and kept trying to add a different point and eventually hit the " that type of thinking is what I dont like " statement once he ran out of points.

Last edited by psylence2k; 06-21-2011 at 02:51 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #147
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,167 | Props total: 1625 1625
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Can't believe Lupe is the first one to lose to O'Reilly
i'm saying, Cam's looking at this soft a.ss n*gga like
 6 years ago '10        #148
rockyin4 14 heat pts14
space
space
 psylence2k said:
I feel that Lupe lost because he was there to make a point and defend a statement that pretty much everyone in this thread agrees he couldn't , O'Rielly was just there to question and criticize, not necessarily make a point but to make it harder for Lupe to make his, which he succeeded at. O'Rielly's rebuttals kept going directly at Lupe's statement like " You're wrong because ....." , everytime it was Lupe's turn to respond he was on some " that's true, but " and kept trying to add a different point and eventually hit the " that type of thinking is what I dont like " statement once he ran out of points.
That only lasted about two minutes and 30 seconds. I also don't see how Lupe is changing up the conversation when Bill is talking about Phds and impressionable youth. Just a pointless conversation taken from a dumb sentence.
 6 years ago '04        #149
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 rockyin4 said:
That only lasted about two minutes and 30 seconds. I also don't see how Lupe is changing up the conversation when Bill is talking about Phds and impressionable youth. Just a pointless conversation taken from a dumb sentence.
O'Rielly stated that at the beginning due to his main concern with the statement, from there Lupe jumped to the Afghanistan War, then to listing Obama's other duties as a human being , then to every other president being a terrorist. What I mean is instead of directly rebutting O'Rielly's rebuttal to Lupe's last statement he just tries to find a different point, which I feel pretty much comes from Lupe's lack of knowledge in politics. You can tell Lupe is uncomfortable diving too deep into one point because it seems he has a lack of factual knowledge to back up what he's saying so he tries wing it by philosophizing on another point. His debate pattern + his "simple" statement/attitude toward politics + his previous statement about his disdain for books pretty much all point to this.
 6 years ago '05        #150
Ari Gold 315 heat pts315
space
space
$15,215 | Props total: 1233 1233
 SM said:
so why was my sh*t merged?
dude hella mad he didn't get his HOT TOPIC does ronnie pay you to post in here? fu*k you getting salty for?
 6 years ago '10        #151
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
Lupe seemed nervous...he's obviously not an experienced debater. But I don't think Bill O' Reilly completely ran away with the victory

Lupe could have made a more comprehensive and articulate argument...and wearing glasses in an interview doesn't make ANYONE take you seriously. No matter what statement you're trying to make
 6 years ago '10        #152
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
 psylence2k said:
O'Rielly stated that at the beginning due to his main concern with the statement, from there Lupe jumped to the Afghanistan War, then to listing Obama's other duties as a human being , then to every other president being a terrorist. What I mean is instead of directly rebutting O'Rielly's rebuttal to Lupe's last statement he just tries to find a different point, which I feel pretty much comes from Lupe's lack of knowledge in politics. You can tell Lupe is uncomfortable diving too deep into one point because it seems he has a lack of factual knowledge to back up what he's saying so he tries wing it by philosophizing on another point. His debate pattern + his "simple" statement/attitude toward politics + his previous statement about his disdain for books pretty much all point to this.
I don't agree with you at all. Lupe is just not an experienced debater. It's not that he may not know politics...he just may not know how to respond and prepare for questions and articulate it effectively. The political pundits that you see argue on CNN and Fox News everyday are professionals who are good at what they do, they just make it look easy
 6 years ago '10        #153
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Hustle N Flow said:
How long was the debate again...? (Exact-ly)

Fukk is 5 mins

Its easy 2 hate behind a computer sceen

Sayin Lupe shoulda done this, Lupe shoulda done that.

Considerin the facts, Lupe did decent

Now am I a fan of his current muzik??? naw "Lasers" was terrible
Exactly

I could sit here on a computer and debate any motherfcker to death...and make strong clear points. But face to face, I may not be able to clearly articulate my views AS GOOD as I am writing it. Most people are that way, to which they can write out their thoughts much better than they can speak it

O'Reilly will challenge any rapper to a debate and for good reason. O'reilly's career is based entirely on debating and making his own point, Lupe's isn't. Personally if I was a rapper and I knew I was going on the O'Reilly show, I'd spend weeks preparing and studying, just for that 5 mins
 6 years ago '10        #154
rockyin4 14 heat pts14
space
space
 psylence2k said:
Of course when you make a one sentence statement and someone calls you out on it... You're gonna explain/expand the reasoning for that statement. So I don't see how that logic is reasonable. I don't recall that book statement either but as you would say going from this to books would be jumping points.
 6 years ago '07        #155
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
Billy boy is like
[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #156
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Smoke500 said:
I don't agree with you at all. Lupe is just not an experienced debater. It's not that he may not know politics...he just may not know how to respond and prepare for questions and articulate it effectively. The political pundits that you see argue on CNN and Fox News everyday are professionals who are good at what they do, they just make it look easy
I can't speak from direct experience because I've never debated one of these pundits and neither do I consider myself an experienced debater at least not professionally, but the whole time I was thinking " Why dont you just say this, or say that? " and "Why in the hell did you say THAT of all things ? ". It wasn't like O'Rielly was using an extremely elaborate and well researched argument , alot of the points he was making were things that any individual should know if they bother to watch the news a couple times a week. I would expect Lupe tho of all ppl to have actually done some research not only before he came to this conclusion/sentiment about Obama, but also before he decided to make a public statement knowing he would have to defend it and definitely before he agreed to talk to O'Rielly about it, I mean research and prep about a topic if you're THAT passionate about it damn, he just comes off arrogant and stubborn by not doing so. I watch the O'Rielly Factor occasionally and there's been plenty of times where I've been like "damn O'Rielly knows his shyt about this, I wouldn't last a second trying to argue this" but honestly this time just wasn't one of those times.
 06-21-2011, 03:45 AM         #157
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
At least Lupe had the balls to go on, Common hid behind John Stewart and Jeezy declined when he was invited
 6 years ago '04        #158
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,907 | Props total: 2548 2548
 YoungFly said:
just cuz what lupe says aint wrong, dont make what lupe says right. But you fans as well as you haters will pick a side because your love and hate has you too blinded to think for yourself.

/thread

They Say one Mans Hero Is Another Mans terrorist.... so in reality they both are right but...

[video - click to view]

Last edited by SpyDa; 06-21-2011 at 03:57 AM..
 06-21-2011, 03:58 AM         #159
geovanni. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lupe is certainly savvy enough to get someone to have coached him on how to answer Bill's questions. Frankly, someone like Lupe has no excuse for being ill prepared.

On the other hand, Bill O'Reilly is a scumbag and thinks that the United States is a "noble" country. America is the biggest terrorist in the world and has been for quite some time. How can a country with institutionalized racism, s3xism, classism and xenophobia not be terrorist?

Lupe is not a debater, no. But he is smart enough to know that there are people far smarter than O'Reilly whose producers wont allow on air, and Lupe should be actively campaigning for those people to be on the O'Reilly factor. Cornel West has declined to appear on O'Reilly's show, but if he ever did, O'Reilly would be owned beyond any level of recognition. I would pay to see that conversation occur.
 06-21-2011, 04:05 AM         #160
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah lets see how Bill-O does against...

DMX
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy