Can 50 Cent's New G-Unit Roster Outlast Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group?

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
201 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
11 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Yes 31 31.96%
No 66 68.04%
Voters: 97. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #1
9527 pageviews
116 comments

SM 38162 heat pts38162
space
space
$127,792 | Props total: 67038 67038

Just when we thought the battle between 50 Cent and Rick Ross had finally vanished, it seems like there's a more subtle challenge taking place beneath our noses. While Ricky Rozay has furnished a strong Maybach Music Group, 50 appears just as hungry by refurbishing his G-Unit crew.

[Editor's Note: The views of this column do not necessarily reflect those of SOHH.com]

Even though 2009 seems years and years ago, no one has forgotten about the back-and-forth exchanges between Rick Ross (starting with "Mafia Music") and then 50 Cent (ending with countless Pimpin' Curly videos and a trip to Las Vegas w/ Ross' baby's mother, Tia, and kid.). While the two mega super stars seem less interested in entertaining a rap beef, both appear steadfast on building their own empires.

Just take a look at what Ross has done since late 2010. We all know he has Triple C's repping MMG but now add Wale, Meek Mill, Pill, Teedra Moses and Stalley all under the same roof? On top of that, jailed rapper DMX is considering hopping into the Maybach? What is the best way to describe what Ross is thinking these days?

Then, take into consideration their Self Made album is still pushing units on the sales chart, you could say Rick Ross is sitting on top of the world, right? Maybe. Blink once and you miss the addition of DJ Pauly D to G-Unit. Blink twice and you miss Atlanta rapper Shawty Lo joining the crew too.

"It's just a big movement and I'm promoting me and and my whole team," Lo explained in an interview. " It's about to be a South take over right here. I had a couple of meetings with a lot of labels but our vibe was just so good and I just signed by the X...But I'm a boss too so I didn't sign as an artist. It's D4L/G-Unit. I feel like what he's bringing to the table my previous label should have done and I just needed a little push behind me." (Hip Hop Wired)

Even bigger than Shawty is an actual shorty by the name of Lil Kim aligning herself amongst the G-Unit crew. No Olivia, no problem!

"I brought the queen, Lil' Kim," said Shawty Lo while introducing the notorious raptress as his surprise guest at Hot 107.9's Birthday Bash 16 in Atlanta on Saturday (June 18). But the bigger surprise was what the Queen Bee said when she took the stage at Philips Arena after performing "It's All About the Benjamins." "If ya'll don't know, this my boy right here. G-Unit South, that's where it's at," proclaimed Kim, revealing that the "Dey Know" rapper is now part of the G-Unit roster and she may be following suit. "And I'm family too, down with the G-Unitcamp. We got surprises for ya'll." (Rap-Up)

By my calculations, 50 Cent is currently sitting on a multi-faceted roster of artists ranging from New Jersey to Brooklyn to Atlanta along with G-Note Records artists like Arizona's Hot Rod. While we still do not know what type of deal, if any, Kim has with the Unit, it has to make you wonder how serious 50's new G-Unit Records look will impact the rap game. We all remember 2005 when 50 had a surplus of artists including Mobb Deep, M.O.P., Olivia and a near-deal with Ma$e.

If all goes accordingly, does Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group match-up to 50's crew or does the G-Unit general get to laugh straight to the bank..maybe with Tia too?

[pic - click to view]

Can 50 Cent's New G-Unit Roster Outlast Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group? [Click Here & Speak] | SOHH.COM

116 comments for "Can 50 Cent's New G-Unit Roster Outlast Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group?"

6 years ago '10        #2
beatjunkie 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,182 | Props total: 5 5
Rick Ross is hot right now so I say nah...

sh*t that n*gga had the song of the summer last year...and damn near had the best verse on on the song of the summer this year...

Got a roster full of local a.ss struggle rappers..introduced them to the public now n*ggas think they hot

Ross winnin right now..lets face it... I mean only thing negative you can say about ross is that he was a C.O. ...theres not too much negative sh*t you can say about the music he's making.
 6 years ago '07        #3
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,384 | Props total: 16011 16011
50 business is mean.. hot rod sound just like him(pattern wise) scooped him up before a label could(since rod was obviously shoppin a demo N on some radars locally) which could have been a move by a label to make a copy cat(liek every other artist in the last 5 yrs) so 50 picked him up and...sidelined the hell out him lol
 6 years ago '06        #4
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,631 | Props total: 8557 8557
50 can't help anybody's career until he helps his own.
 6 years ago '05        #5
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
 beatjunkie said:
Rick Ross is hot right now so I say nah...

sh*t that n*gga had the song of the summer last year...and damn near had the best verse on on the song of the summer this year...

Got a roster full of local a.ss struggle rappers..introduced them to the public now n*ggas think they hot

Ross winnin right now..lets face it... I mean only thing negative you can say about ross is that he was a C.O. ...theres not too much negative sh*t you can say about the music he's making.
well said your rite. Ross is making that Music rite now that ppl wanna here. Those ppl that 50 got are over shawty lo is pretty much is what he is, and why would he even touch lil kim she done. Pauly D is a nice look but he not gonna save the roster
 6 years ago '04        #6
S|S 
space
space
$11,588 | Props total: 2 2
both labels seem pretty weaksauce to me. Young Money, anyone?
 6 years ago '04        #7
mistatnn 
space
space
$5,463 | Props total: 2952 2952
im still pissed Wale signed with them. I hope he doesnt lose his niche
 06-20-2011, 12:14 AM         #8
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
both rosters generally suck. But Lloyd Banks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 6 years ago '04        #9
Teccanina99 
space
space
$414 | Props total: 0 0
People still talking about these two??....why??.... they just as irrelevant as the people they signing!!...
 06-20-2011, 12:17 AM         #10
Rendition 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Both labels are trash

Meek Millz should join Young Money

Stalley should link up with Spitta and the Jets

and Ross should stay solo
 6 years ago '11        #11
I KILL TREES 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,932 | Props total: 1075 1075
 S said:
both labels seem pretty weaksauce to me. Young Money, anyone?
 6 years ago '05        #12
DJ Controversy 
space
space
space
$562 | Props total: 5 5
mmg is the hottest yhing movin right now...but 50 stay winnin....we'll see
 06-20-2011, 12:23 AM         #13
Bumboklaat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what's sad is 50 and Ross are repped by the exact same people. this article disgusts me to see them play eachother up like they're against each other.
 6 years ago '10        #14
myguy 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,222 | Props total: 60 60
wasnt kim signed to roc nation at one point
 6 years ago '07        #15
j_k1dd 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,759 | Props total: 562 562

[pic - click to view]

Ain't no one fu*kin' with YMCMB playboi, 1hunnid. If you bout' dat dolla come fux wit us. If you ain't, then get the fu*k from round'ere
 6 years ago '06        #16
morrow05 34 heat pts34
space
space
$1,882 | Props total: 189 189
Ross actually got it...he's bumpin everywhere right now..n*ggas are still bumpin teflon don...the maybach cd is just a start of a good year for them.

G-Unit is struggling real hard to stay alive in hip hop...besides Lloyd Banks, no one else is really doing much..50 is tryin to come back out, but yayo aint doing sh*t period. Let us not forget that garbage a.ss t.o.s cd.
 6 years ago '07        #17
Bkjj11 3546 heat pts3546
space
space
$92,307 | Props total: 69869 69869
Banks>>>MMG.

ross who?
 6 years ago '11        #18
DJ EM Double 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,709 | Props total: 3048 3048
no
 6 years ago '06        #19
Hussle 36 heat pts36
space
space
$4,698 | Props total: 248 248
didnt read but whats gunits roster?
 6 years ago '06        #20
morrow05 34 heat pts34
space
space
$1,882 | Props total: 189 189
 j_k1dd said:

[pic - click to view]

Ain't no one fu*kin' with YMCMB playboi, 1hunnid. If you bout' dat dolla come fux wit us. If you ain't, then get the fu*k from round'ere
these n*ggas cracks me up!
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
81 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
43 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
36 comments
2 days ago