Strikeforce 'Overeem vs Werdum' - Fight thread |Showtime @10p EST

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
57 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who wins in the main event?
Overeem 9 81.82%
Werdum 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #241
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,784 | Props total: 2285 2285
Overeem really needs to start throwing combinations and use head movement or he will be KOd again by Kharitinov and I still think Fedor can beat Overeem as well.
 06-19-2011, 03:21 PM         #242
j e t s life 7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MumblesDaHumble said:
At least there he can knock out people who are supposedly better strikers then MMA strikers......
It's an entirely different sport. They are better strikers it just doesnt always translate to MMA. Do you think JDS would stand a chance in a striking match against Badr Hari?

JDS is a better MMA f!ghter than Overeem because he has great hands and take down defense. Put him in K1 and you've got a different story...
 06-19-2011, 03:24 PM         #243
j e t s life 7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Zaosyn said:
Welp, Werdum got screwed by the judges and Overeem got exposed so I guess it's even . Big foot Silva vs Overeem will be a banger.
Both guys were terribly unimpressive but the decision was right. Even if Werdum was playing possum on the knockdowns, they still counted. Neither guy should be considered top 10 after this f!ght.

Also, Barnett has this tourny on lock. No shot Kharitanov stuffs his takedowns.
 6 years ago '05        #244
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 44Caliber said:

Im definitely not okay with what he did but there were stretches were Werdum fought standup for a while and Reem never looked for the KO. Plus Reem was letting Werdum land some nasty shots. If he lets Big Foot land like that Reem will be in trouble.
Yeah, I agree. Werdum hit Overeem with a couple knees that stunned him, but the punches weren't doing anything.

I honestly feel that Overeem gassed himself out during the first round. Having to stop each of those take downs, then when he was on the ground having to get back up over and over will tire you out -- especially if you're yoaked out like Reem is. He's designed to go out there and put people away in a round or two.

But, as I said before, this is a business that entertains people. If people aren't entertained by you, then it doesn't matter how many f!ghts you win, then nobody is going to want to see you f!ght. Werdum lost a lot of his fans last night. Overeem lost some respect from people, but I guarantee it will come back when he gets ready to f!ght Big Foot. He needs to dedicate himself to training and make sure he has the cardio to go a full three rounds.
 6 years ago '10        #245
olook up 
space
space
$3,346 | Props total: 2651 2651
 I'm The Dan said:
I can't believe you retards are ok with what Werdum did. It's no different than Leitas against Anderson Silva -- The only difference is Werdum has a name. Werdum dropped down to Leitas level after this f!ght.

All of you doubting Overeem will see next f!ght, because someone about to get into Big Foot's a.ss about not being a pus*y and we'll have a nice f!ght. Overeem knocks out Big Foot in the first round.
:applause::agreement6:
 6 years ago '06        #246
StillFree28 27 heat pts27
space
space
$20,497 | Props total: 4814 4814

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #247
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
 RJ96 said:
it's funny how after one f!ght people changes opinion about a f!ghter like its their only f!ght they had to base an opinion on IMO The Reem is still favorite to win it all
My opinion changed some after this f!ght, but overall its still pretty much the same. I was disappointed that Reem didnt go in there and punish Werdum, this is the first time that Reem has fought a top 10 HW in a LONG time and it was a big test for him. He passed the test but with like a C+. Reem is still super talented with a resume thats severly below his talent level.

I'm The Dan said:
Yeah, I agree. Werdum hit Overeem with a couple knees that stunned him, but the punches weren't doing anything.

I honestly feel that Overeem gassed himself out during the first round. Having to stop each of those take downs, then when he was on the ground having to get back up over and over will tire you out -- especially if you're yoaked out like Reem is. He's designed to go out there and put people away in a round or two.

But, as I said before, this is a business that entertains people. If people aren't entertained by you, then it doesn't matter how many f!ghts you win, then nobody is going to want to see you f!ght. Werdum lost a lot of his fans last night. Overeem lost some respect from people, but I guarantee it will come back when he gets ready to f!ght Big Foot. He needs to dedicate himself to training and make sure he has the cardio to go a full three rounds.

I'm ready to see it. I am a big fan of Reem and I was hoping for him to show up yesterday and do damage. Reem still has a lot to prove so he needs finishes. He has to have 2 finishes to complete the tourney.
 6 years ago '06        #248
Loco Poe 
space
space
$2,543 | Props total: 731 731
who u guys think gonna win fedor vs henderson... im a fan of both more so of the last emperor.. i hope fedor wins via 1st round ko but hes not the same...
 6 years ago '09        #249
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261 OP
space
space
$14,071 | Props total: 1120 1120
 Loco Poe said:
who u guys think gonna win fedor vs henderson... im a fan of both more so of the last emperor.. i hope fedor wins via 1st round ko but hes not the same...
Fedor via sub. Probably round 2
 6 years ago '05        #250
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Loco Poe said:

idk, i wanna say Dan because he has been busier and has looked better lately in comparison. but I dont know how the weight disparagement is going to affect hendo.
 06-19-2011, 07:07 PM         #251
j e t s life 7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44Caliber said:

idk, i wanna say Dan because he has been busier and has looked better lately in comparison. but I dont know how the weight disparagement is going to affect hendo.
my thoughts exactly
 6 years ago '05        #252
PussyFiend 
space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 637 637

I didn't watch the f!ght...but i heard it was boring as hell....is this how it went down through out the f!ght?
 6 years ago '05        #253
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
space
 pus*yFiend said:

I didn't watch the f!ght...but i heard it was boring as hell....is this how it went down through out the f!ght?

pretty much it was a total let down.
 6 years ago '05        #254
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
Werdum tries to take Reem down. Reem throws him to the ground. Ref stands them up.

This x about 20 (literally) and that's the f!ght.
 6 years ago '05        #255
PussyFiend 
space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 637 637
wow....pathetic..... i didn't miss anything then....

good thing i decided to watch my boy Canelo whoop some a.ss instead
 6 years ago '06        #256
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$9,208 | Props total: 2058 2058
for some reason i think werdum should have one..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy