Kreayshawn: Another Case of Appropriating Black Culture?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
174 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #141
xrayvisionmedia 
space
space
$366 | Props total: 14 14
 nastynoble said:
here go the blues artists that they stole from.

Damn, when he hit son with the proof, he disappeared.

Just some thieving crakas
 06-19-2011, 10:33 AM         #142
The Prowler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigree61 said:
all rap will be white in 2020

its so sad

they tried and tried to get rid of rap and they couldnt so now they are turning it into a joke and its working

my grandkids wont even know black people even made rap

lol.

Xenophobia can manifest itself in many ways involving the relations and perceptions of an ingroup towards an outgroup, including a fear of losing identity, suspicion of its activities, aggression, and desire to eliminate its presence to secure a presumed purity.

Fear mongering in the name of xenophobia... Successfully fueling out-group hostility and it's various manifestations (e.g., intolerance, racism, discrimination, and genocide) since the dawn of mankind.

Not too long ago, the ruling class in America had similar concerns about the erosion of their culture and way of life in response to efforts to include a group of people they simply didn't want involved. They had a solution:

[pic - click to view]

Interesting that today, in an effort to forge a distinct cultural identity, we tend to segregate ourselves. We police the color-line over group-identity relevant practices and traditions (e.g., rap), and are protective of them and their constituent elements irrespective of whether these elements have contributed positively or (arguably) to our community. We exercise hyper-vigilance over whether the dominant culture is "stealing" our subculture regardless of how broadly accepted and interwoven elements of our subculture already are into the dominant culture (with the racial dimension intact and acknowledged -- e.g., commercial rap, its wide and diverse consumer base, and its influence on pop culture).

Today, the resentment behind the accusation that someone is culture stealing is puzzling. When Elvis was accused of it, one could empathize with the sentiment given the circumstances of blacks at the time:

Presley, whose musical and visual performance idiom owed much to African American sources, achieved the cultural acknowledgment and commercial success largely denied his black peers. Into the 21st century, the notion that Presley had "stolen" black music still found adherents. Notable among African American entertainers expressly rejecting this view was Jackie Wilson, who argued, "A lot of people have accused Elvis of stealing the black man's music, when in fact, almost every black solo entertainer copied his stage mannerisms from Elvis." And throughout his career, Presley plainly acknowledged his debt. Addressing his '68 Comeback Special audience, he said, "Rock 'n' roll music is basically gospel or rhythm and blues, or it sprang from that. People have been adding to it, adding instruments to it, experimenting with it, but it all boils down to." Nine years earlier, he had said, "Rock 'n' roll has been around for many years. It used to be called rhythm and blues."

Hell, less than a decade prior to Elvis's first major hit, emphatically campaigning on such slogans as:

I wanna tell you, ladies and gentlemen, that there's not enough troops in the army to force the Southern people to break down segregation and admit the ****** race into our theaters, into our swimming pools, into our homes, and into our churches.
(Of course, their rationale? Protecting their culture. A culture where blacks were not seen or heard in public or private life in any meaningful way.)

So, it's understandable why white capitalization off of perceived cultural appropriation of recognizably black expression during the Jim Crow era would be seen with disdain.

Today however?

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by The Prowler; 06-19-2011 at 11:29 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #143
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 1843 1843
 EDEEZY77 said:
Not sure what your point was ? They did that also when they came out.
I dont remember Eminem saying the N-Word on a album.

So do you consider Paul Wall shock rap too ??
 06-19-2011, 10:44 AM         #144
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:

So do you consider Paul Wall shock rap too ??
Get off my d!ck,

[video - click to view]

go to the 1:10 part.
 6 years ago '05        #145
aKtIvItY! 
space
space
$1,031 | Props total: 0 0
"Black culture" huh? fu*k outta here.
 6 years ago '04        #146
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 EDEEZY77 said:
Get off my d!ck,

go to the 1:10 part.

obviously someone can't read, there might be a word you missed.
 6 years ago '04        #147
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
and the shock rap genre is now defined by white ppl saying the N-word, this is new, someone should start a thread.

or maybe a poll, whose your favorite shock rap artist ?? Bubba Sparxx, Paul Wall, or Kreayshawn???

Last edited by psylence2k; 06-19-2011 at 10:52 AM..
 06-19-2011, 10:53 AM         #148
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
obviously someone can't read, there might be a word you missed.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

06-19-2011, 10:55 AM         #149
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 aKtIvItY! said:
"Black culture" huh? fu*k outta here.
Yeah, it was originated by Kurtis Blow, Sugar Hill Gang, Busy Bee, ect.
Why you white guys gettin' all mad ? I'm white and have no problem admitting that.
 06-19-2011, 10:58 AM         #150
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
and the shock rap genre is now defined by white ppl saying the N-word, this is new, someone should start a thread.

or maybe a poll, whose your favorite shock rap artist ?? Bubba Sparxx, Paul Wall, or Kreayshawn???
You're a dumb fu*k, I never said I consider all white artists' as shock rap ( just kreayshawn and Eminem)
 6 years ago '04        #151
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 EDEEZY77 said:

Damn man you are a lost cause , I feel like I have to hold your hand and walk you back to my previous post and read it word by word for you , your public schooling education failed you terribly. You cant even accurately comprehend a simple statement I dunno why I'm expecting you to comprehend the common and widely accepted definition of a musical genre.

but to make you feel better I'll play along lol damn, so I guess Eminem wasn't considered a shock rapper until Benzino revealed these tapes huh ?? or his whole controversial career was initiated by 2 seconds at a Dr Dre concert ???
 6 years ago '04        #152
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 EDEEZY77 said:
You're a dumb fu*k, I never said I consider all white artists' as shock rap ( just kreayshawn and Eminem)

so wait a minute lets go back to your explanation to me of why she's shock rap :

EDEEZY77 said:
Yeah, she's a white girl dressed up in goofy a.ss clothes sayin' n*gga.

so what's the difference between her and Paul Wall now ?? I guess the only part that I'm missing is that he's not a girl ??? or are his clothes not goofy enough? or are you gonna pull another irrelevant point outta your as$ ????
 06-19-2011, 11:08 AM         #153
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
Damn man you are a lost cause , I feel like I have to hold your hand and walk you back to my previous post and read it word by word for you , your public schooling education failed you terribly. You cant even accurately comprehend a simple statement I dunno why I'm expecting you to comprehend the common and widely accepted definition of a musical genre.

but to make you feel better I'll play along lol damn, so I guess Eminem wasn't considered a shock rapper until Benzino revealed these tapes huh ?? or his whole controversial career was initiated by 2 seconds at a Dr Dre concert ???
, you're the one who brought up Eminem. You just mad I proved you wrong. You said you never heard of Eminem using the n word.
 06-19-2011, 11:11 AM         #154
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
so wait a minute lets go back to your explanation to me of why she's shock rap :

so what's the difference between her and Paul Wall now ?? I guess the only part that I'm missing is that he's not a girl ??? or are his clothes not goofy enough? or are you gonna pull another irrelevant point outta your as$ ????
How long do you wanna do this stupid back and forth. Bottom line Hip Hop is black culture., if you can't admit that move the fu*k on./No more responses will be made .
 6 years ago '04        #155
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 EDEEZY77 said:
, you're the one who brought up Eminem. You just mad I proved you wrong. You said you never heard of Eminem using the n word.

Wow, , here lil jimmy hold my hand, lemme show you where your lack of intelligence failed you.

psylence2k said:

I swear BX needs to have entrance exams in their registration process for some of the incompetent retards who come here. You have to be the kid who failed whole test sections in school because they couldn't read instructions.

Last edited by psylence2k; 06-19-2011 at 11:29 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #156
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 EDEEZY77 said:
How long do you wanna do this stupid back and forth. Bottom line Hip Hop is black culture., if you can't admit that move the fu*k on./No more responses will be made .
You must've never took a critical thinking class in high school , how did we go from where this specific argument started about a certain artist being shock rap to the bottom line for this same particular argument being hip hop is black culture. You dont even have the mental capacity to separate two individual points/arguments ???

I hope you really dont respond cuz this shyt is just tooo easy , but then again I would kinda enjoy it cuz I'm dying over here from the logic you're trying to use to back up your argument.
 6 years ago '04        #157
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
and to think Vanilla Ice was just one 5 letter word away from being "Shock" Rap.
 6 years ago '09        #158
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,085 | Props total: 8876 8876
Kreayshawn's Uncle is Bruce Willis
 06-19-2011, 01:48 PM         #159
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ash1990 said:
Kreayshawn's Uncle is Bruce Willis
For real ?
 6 years ago '07        #160
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,451 | Props total: 16221 16221
if bruce isht is true...her mom is his sister.. so would bruce willis really have his sister livin in poverty or the "ghetto" ... ?? anyways why is this thread still here lol
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I'm taking that one-way flight to London
16 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy