Kreayshawn: Another Case of Appropriating Black Culture?

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
223 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
267 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
33 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-17-2011, 06:22 PM         #101
TrueGodTubeTV 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The fact that its mad people observing this thread but.... no one showing love to my thread and some good a.ss music... is.... not surprising, but I just found out who this chick is and I am.... saddened to say the least
 6 years ago '10        #102
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,158 | Props total: 8165 8165
 Damagegadget said:
youngbuck did stab a ninja in public at that
edit: name them ten rappers Im sure they on my list of fakes too
He did but he also cried on the phone when his homeboy stopped fukkin with him

But my list of rappers we know not bout that life

1.Soulja Boi
2.Ludacris
3.Lil Wayne
4. Nas
5.Rick Ross
6. Jim Jones
7. Drake
8. Bow Wow
9.Ice Cube
10.Plies

Going back to the writers article, how is Kreayshawn any worse than Plies???? A college educuated man talking like a fukkin retard
 6 years ago '10        #103
kennboy1 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$3,584 | Props total: 1 1
 Nautilus O said:

1.Soulja Boi
2.Ludacris
3.Lil Wayne
4. Nas
5.Rick Ross
6. Jim Jones
7. Drake
8. Bow Wow
9.Ice Cube
10.Plies

Going back to the writers article, how is Kreayshawn any worse than Plies???? A college educuated man talking like a fukkin retard
 6 years ago '04        #104
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,797 | Props total: 1810 1810
not that I think about the point the article is trying to get across more clearly........... the shyt sounds even more retarded

What about Kreayshawn's music/videos/talk/walk/personality are aspects of "black" culture??

smoking weed? shooting people? selling crack ?? "swagging out " ???

is this really what the writer is trying to say is a.ssociated with black culture ?? and even worst she's trying to protect??? last time I checked alotta black ppl didn't want their race a.ssociated with this "coonery" now that a white girl comes along whose actions would help dispel the myth that ONLY black ppl do these ignorant things and it being more a product of environment that once race then all of a sudden certain african-americans want to do a 180 turn and instead own, protect and guard a culture that they didn't want exclusively a.ssociated with them before?? How is she trying to act "black" ?? I dont see Oprah or Obama acting this way? Does that mean they're not black?? oh I guess that means Obama and Oprah are "appropriating " white culture for it to be okay for black ppl to be educated and driven ???

This writer is ignorant and can't even articulate her point in a way that covers the prejudice hate, shyt is just disgustingly blatant. Kreayshawn is not doing "black" culture, she's doing "urban" culture, because guess what? she just might have grown up in a urban area and was around this shyt, so you have a problem with ppl a.ssociating her actions that you think are "ignorant" with the whole black race ?? Then why dont you go to her neighborhood and clean that shyt up, lock up the the dealers and murderers and educate the kids to speak grammatically correct, OR just segregate all the white girls and take them out of the neighborhood so they wont grow up around black ppl and pick up or should I say "steal" their culture. SMH. If you want to call her music ignorant, fake, or wack then I have no problem with that but to make it seem like she's "stealing" another culture that she's not allowed to partake in is retarded.

Last edited by psylence2k; 06-18-2011 at 01:47 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #105
KoKen 5 heat pts
space
space
$898 | Props total: 69 69
I think the point that alot of people are missing is the fact that Nicki Minaj couldnt blow up as a genuine artist with lyrical talent being herself but had to put on a blonde wig and take on a persona to become a mainstream artist while people like Kreayshawn who isnt even that good as a rapper will be taken on and thrust into the public eye and pushed to the fullest extent by labels who want to make money off of her instead of growing the culture.

Thats why artists like Eminem get love because they are growing the culture with their music. Eminem has single handedly done more for Hip Hop in the past year than most big artists by using his power and weight to sign Slaughterhouse and promote lyricism in his records in a scene where everybody else dumbs down for their audience to make sure they sell. Its the lack of real music out there from female artists that creates this kind of post. Why aren't the Jean Graes and Rapsodys of rap getting this kind of label support? Lauryn Hill sold sh*tloads so u cant say because they dont sell. Maybe, like she questioned, the artform has become a joke and so watered down this is the acceptable norm for Hip Hop now... Everybody getting mad at blacks claiming Hip Hop need to look at it from the perspective of where its come from to how it is represented now and whos fault that is. Not white people per say but how many blacks are in charge of how Hip Hop is regulated and what comes out to the masses?

And are people going to act like when the Soulja Bois and Lil Bs come out no one gets mad and starts calling them out as sh*t artists? sh*t gimmicky artists get hate for being sh*t gimmicky artists regardless of race.
 6 years ago '04        #106
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 KoKen said:
I think the point that alot of people are missing is the fact that Nicki Minaj couldnt blow up as a genuine artist with lyrical talent being herself but had to put on a blonde wig and take on a persona to become a mainstream artist while people like Kreayshawn who isnt even that good as a rapper will be taken on and thrust into the public eye and pushed to the fullest extent by labels who want to make money off of her instead of growing the culture.

Thats why artists like Eminem get love because they are growing the culture with their music. Eminem has single handedly done more for Hip Hop in the past year than most big artists by using his power and weight to sign Slaughterhouse and promote lyricism in his records in a scene where everybody else dumbs down for their audience to make sure they sell. Its the lack of real music out there from female artists that creates this kind of post. Why aren't the Jean Graes and Rapsodys of rap getting this kind of label support? Lauryn Hill sold sh*tloads so u cant say because they dont sell. Maybe, like she questioned, the artform has become a joke and so watered down this is the acceptable norm for Hip Hop now... Everybody getting mad at blacks claiming Hip Hop need to look at it from the perspective of where its come from to how it is represented now and whos fault that is. Not white people per say but how many blacks are in charge of how Hip Hop is regulated and what comes out to the masses?

And are people going to act like when the Soulja Bois and Lil Bs come out no one gets mad and starts calling them out as sh*t artists? sh*t gimmicky artists get hate for being sh*t gimmicky artists regardless of race.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the rap industry is not the business of selling rhymes but selling your personality through rhymes, it doesn't matter how dope your lyrics are, if you dont have an appealing personality that "fits" it aint going nowhere, it's kinda like when you pick your friends, if ppl on here were as logical with their friendships as they were rap then they would try to prioritize their friendships first with the most knowledgeable nerds, charitable givers, hardest workers and skilled craft technicians for appreciation of their "skill" , productivity to society, contributions to the community, and practical benefit for themselves when in need, but we dont do that, we pick our friends by whose personality we can relate to, who makes us laugh, and whose ego we admire. It's the same thing with most ppl and music. That's why Kreayshawn will always get more push than a Jean Grae, because more ppl including the average person can see themselves hanging and having fun with a Kreayshawn.

As far as the whole "respecting the culture" thing goes I'm kinda torn. I would love for all hip hop artists to be knowledgeable and study the craft in it's historic aspect as an artist such as Eminem has, but I cant really say they're obligated to, it seems the only rappers that feel an obligatory responsibility are those from New York and nowadays its not even all New York rappers, mainly just the older generation. I can see it as " Hey I'm just trying to make music and express myself through rhyming words , why do I HAVE to study and be knowledgable , if you like my music and it's good then that's all u need " now this is something that you would probably expect to hear from a Soulja boy but honestly Lupe said shyt like that when the whole Tribe Called Quest fiasco went down, and ppl still consider him one of the best in the game . I would love for Kreayshawn to be knowledgeable and honestly she would probably go alot further if she was, at least within the hip hop community and her credibility, but if she just likes to make music and chooses a rhyme format because she simply can't sing then who am I to fault her ???

Last edited by psylence2k; 06-18-2011 at 02:47 PM..
 06-18-2011, 03:11 PM         #107
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
While I agree she is using the black culture to make a living, but what does it say for those who are black that are supporting her ?
 6 years ago '10        #108
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
black people spend there whole lives trying to be white, but one white person wants to be black and its a big deal
 6 years ago '04        #109
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 EDEEZY77 said:
While I agree she is using the black culture to make a living, but what does it say for those who are black that are supporting her ?
but what apart of it is "black" culture tho??? the drug dealing?? the weed smoking ?? the shooting ppl ??? or is it just because she's doing rap ??? there's plenty of black ppl who wouldn't claim any of that as "black" culture. So if she grew up around this and this is all she knows then isn't that her culture as well by default ???
 6 years ago '04        #110
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 p00rky said:
Always complaining...

Wasn't the guy who invented basketball... white?
that's what I was about to say , are NBA players stealing and eating off "white" culture ?? Do they have to pay homage in some way ??
 06-18-2011, 03:32 PM         #111
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
but what apart of it is "black" culture tho??? the drug dealing?? the weed smoking ?? the shooting ppl ??? or is it just because she's doing rap ??? there's plenty of black ppl who wouldn't claim any of that as "black" culture. So if she grew up around this and this is all she knows then isn't that her culture as well by default ???
Hip Hop as a whole is black culture, were white people the originators of hip hop...........no. No more explaination needed./
 06-18-2011, 03:34 PM         #112
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JustForgetIt said:
some of y'all missin the WHOLE point completely.
I don't think I am, the bottom line is she is eating off a plate that she isn't a part of.
 6 years ago '08        #113
supervillain 244 heat pts244 OP
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 JustForgetIt said:
some of y'all missin the WHOLE point completely.
basically.......
 6 years ago '11        #114
xrayvisionmedia 
space
space
$366 | Props total: 14 14
 McGuire said:
name some specific artists and riffs. even though it could be said that the white man invented the instruments in the first place.

and are you really saying that you don't see black kids running around dressed like the s3x Pistols? skinny jeans, tanktops, and lip piercings? sounds pretty white to me.

and I'm not white bruh, but nice try. the fact that you a.ssociate logic and reason with white people is shameful. fu*king ****.
First, guitar riffs do not have names.

Muddy Waters, Ray Charles, James Brown (the most imitated person in rock, Mick Jagger stole his whole act, so did Iggy Pop), Bo Diddly, Fats Domino, W.C. Handy and the list goes on. You need to research how the blues have influenced rock

You originally said the black adopted facial piercings from whites. I told you that was incorrect. Now you have changed to skinny jeans , piercings and tank tops. You may be correct, however blacks are not telling people they invented this style.

Learn how to construct a sound argument and you will not have to use insults, you can actually argue the points.

Hotep
 6 years ago '04        #115
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 EDEEZY77 said:
Hip Hop as a whole is black culture, were white people the originators of hip hop...........no. No more explaination needed./
so are you saying because she's white it's wrong for her to eat off hip hop??

Do you know how many black ppl eat off things that were created by other cultures??

If you think that she in any way doesn't have a right to partake in a artform based on her skin tone then that racist bottom line.

There's no way that you can live in any first world country and say that you're not benefiting off something created by another culture , in most cases multiple cultures.

Ppl think that when you're the minority its okay to discriminate , racism is racism , but ppl think because they are apart of a oppressed minority that it's not racism.

and no I'm no parts White.
 6 years ago '04        #116
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,386 | Props total: 6413 6413
 EDEEZY77 said:
so you gonna act like the beastie boys and rick rubin didn't get respect in the 80s
 6 years ago '08        #117
phille126 
space
space
$580 | Props total: 284 284
she is ghetto from a big urban city all races regardless of gender are hood from coast to coast all use ni$g@ they call themselves it and bi$ch
 6 years ago '10        #118
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,158 | Props total: 8165 8165
 kennboy1 said:

Serious? You think O'shea and Nasir really did the stuff they rap about?
 6 years ago '07        #119
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 Nautilus O said:

1.Soulja Boi
2.Ludacris
3.Lil Wayne
4. Nas
5.Rick Ross
6. Jim Jones
7. Drake
8. Bow Wow
9.Ice Cube
10.Plies

6 years ago '04        #120
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
alot of
[pic - click to view]

in this thread
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
219 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
43 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
58 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
193 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
146 comments
23 hours ago