Kreayshawn: Another Case of Appropriating Black Culture?

most viewed right now
 Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
146 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 OT Auburn banned Corey Myers for smashing his players
9 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
35 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #61
mikejg823 
space
space
space
$587 | Props total: 88 88
White girl trying to act black is pretty wack but stop bi*ching, who exploits the culture more than the people themselves. Waka, Gucci, solder i see these actors the same way i see Kreyshawn
 6 years ago '05        #62
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2621 2621
 DB30 said:
OK for the record V-nasty is the one who says n*gga all the time not Kreayshawn. Do some fu*king research before you run your mouth.
if yall ever been on ustream with her she uses the N WORD ALL the time. even when she was crying about LIL b she used it. being smart she done deleted all traces on youtube or else I'd show y'all...

YoungFly said:
how can you tell someone to "be herself" when you do not know them? I have a little white girl friend, not like dating, but just a friend. She DJ's, she fresh as hell, so true to hip-hop. People always asking her why she dress the way she does, but she authentic as hell, i think blacks are intimidated by how much swag she got i think, how many connection she got, and just how active on the scene she be. My friend is in no way trying to exploit black culture, she just has a keener eye for fly items and accessories that black people made popular. however, she dont use the n-word.
seems like ur friend is just a cool chick. does she talk about shootin people? It has nothing to do with how she dresses it has to do with how she acts. i highly doubt anybody is intimidated by her "swag". I mean IDK how somebody could consider Kreayshawn authentic when she poses with guns, talks about hittin people up with shotguns then she goes on and cries about how hurt she was that Lil B not showing her love anymore smh. She's obviously not about that life and like most white girls she's OVERDOING it by actin like she built like that. it's corny to me.

for somebody who supposedly was raised around a lot of black people and picked up their habits like y'all say, she sure does hang around a LOT of white people..

Last edited by Martel; 06-17-2011 at 01:54 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #63
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,158 | Props total: 8159 8159
 The N said:
I call it a mockery of the culture, we all know this young bi*ch ain't no real MC, nobody with a brain gives a fu*k about anything music related with her, if you are then you're doing it wrong. She is a Youtube video persona having her 15 mins not a music artist trying to help the hip hop culture.
Can you name 10 POPULAR rap artist that are trying to help the "culture"?

The N said:
I like these quotes here

It’s ironic how the White girl mimicking Black culture has been viewed as quirky, cute, and interesting in the past. But sisters who fashionably rock bamboo earrings, gold nameplate necklaces, and blonde streaked weaves, will inevitably be considered “ghetto” by society. It’s equally problematic that every female emcee post Queen Latifah and MC Lyte who has had massive mainstream success all had to sell s3x. Kreayshawn, on the other hand, is able to avoid an over s3xualized image because of her whiteness.
You serioulsy think a white person would look at that girl and say "how quirky" then look at the black girl next to her and say "how ghetto" She's gonna be veiwed by those people the same way. She dont even have "mainstream success" what is this wwriter talking about

The N said:
I don’t believe for one second her image is authentic. It is one derived of the stereotypical “sister girl” trope we’ve seen time and time again. Understand, I’m not arguing whether “sister girl” actually exists. I’m not even arguing that the “sister girl” is to be shunned. But Kreayshawn’s image, how she carries herself, her lyrics are all derivative of her very limited view of Black culture.

Ok so he doesnt believe her image is authentic.....what rapper's is? I would think that she acts nothing like a "hoodrat" and more like someone from her neighborhood, aint too many hoodrats going to film school
 6 years ago '07        #64
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,385 | Props total: 16055 16055
 Martel said:
if yall ever been on ustream with her she uses the N WORD ALL the time. even when she was crying about LIL b she used it. being smart she done deleted all traces on youtube or else I'd show y'all...

seems like ur friend is just a cool chick. does she talk about shootin people? It has nothing to do with how she dresses it has to do with how she acts. i highly doubt anybody is intimidated by her "swag". I mean IDK how somebody could consider Kreayshawn authentic when she poses with guns, talks about hittin people up with shotguns then she goes on and cries about how hurt she was that Lil B not showing her love anymore smh. She's obviously not about that life and like most white girls she's OVERDOING it by actin like she built like that. it's corny to me.

for somebody who supposedly was raised around a lot of black people and picked up their habits like y'all say, she sure does hang around a LOT of white people..
thank you she is obviously a poser...
 6 years ago '07        #65
space
space
 McGuire said:
what black artists did Led Zeppelin and Bob Dylan steal from?

what about Kirko Bangz re-appropriating white culture? what about lip piercings that white people had in the 70's? what about Gucci, Chanel, Louis Vuitton? what about guitars, pianos and woodwind instruments? what about space travel or electricity?

did black people steal that from white culture? i don't understand your argument.
I think the argument lies in some of these people such as elvis ...shunned black people..then went and copycatted other black artist
 6 years ago '05        #66
Sivraj 327 heat pts327
space
space
$45,927 | Props total: 10790 10790
 xrayvisionmedia said:
All white people in America have done is steal black music, repackage it and sell it as a white creation.

Jazz
Rock and Roll
Country
Soul Music
and now rap.

This is what the article is about.
When will white Americans create their own music instead of waiting to see what blacks are creating so they can steal it?
Never
I wouldn't say that white people steal the music and try to pass it off like it's theres. Even though it looks like it, but did you ever think that white people enjoy black music and get inspired to make it??
 6 years ago '10        #67
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,158 | Props total: 8159 8159
 Martel said:

Sounds like Young Buck to me I can name 10 rappers that talk about busting guns and drugs and we all know they not about that life
 06-17-2011, 02:17 PM         #68
MAY LAY LOW 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
watered down generation, so dont be surprised to find yourself slippin thru the cracks
as fa me , im keepin it real......
 6 years ago '07        #69
space
space
 Matt504 said:
I personally don't feel like she's exploiting a black culture, when it's not about black culture when you're raised around it, n*ggas respect her in the hood, not just any white girl can slither into oakland and automatically get the kind of respect that she does.

If n*ggas in Oakland really felt like the sh*t she was doing was unacceptable, they would've put an end to it early, and V-nasty is probably more hood than majority of the black females yall know, I got a homie named Katrina who's realer than most black chicks that I know (she's white)

[pic - click to view]

katrina got some big ole titay's..whats good wit her
 6 years ago '07        #70
space
space
 Nautilus O said:
Sounds like Young Buck to me I can name 10 rappers that talk about busting guns and drugs and we all know they not about that life
youngbuck did stab a ninja in public at that
edit: name them ten rappers Im sure they on my list of fakes too
 6 years ago '11        #71
xrayvisionmedia 
space
space
$366 | Props total: 14 14
 McGuire said:
what black artists did Led Zeppelin and Bob Dylan steal from?

what about Kirko Bangz re-appropriating white culture? what about lip piercings that white people had in the 70's? what about Gucci, Chanel, Louis Vuitton? what about guitars, pianos and woodwind instruments? what about space travel or electricity?

did black people steal that from white culture? i don't understand your argument.
First , led Zep and Dylan stole their whole act, their riffs and song structures for black blues artists that were dead before we were born. They will not admit this because the white man is a culture stealer. Just like the Greeks adopted Khemetic culture and claimed it as their own. This is the nature of the Caucasian.

If it was not for black and power ricans creating hip hop culture which rap music comes out of, white kids today would still be wearing spandex shorts with big hair like in the 80s.

You think facial piercings originated with white in the 70s. You are incorrect.

I was referring to music culture , not technological inventions. When did space travel and electricity become culture?

We are the originators of the culture, you are a imitator. Thats the real dope.
 6 years ago '05        #72
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
 Y2Dre said:
Smoking weed bonds to your melanin (assuming you're black) and makes it more addictive. The weed of today is not the weed of the 60s they added more chemicals to make it even stronger. Leads to cancer also. Do what you want tho. Idc. Your body.
i'd like to see some sort of peer-reviewed article about that or i'm calling bullsh*t.
 06-17-2011, 02:35 PM         #73
yeugkk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hes basically right

whoever said on boxden to read that book hit men by freddic dannen was a gawdsend

my favorite quote of this article is when he said that any record exec woulda saw $$$$$ within 30 seconds of seein her lol its true
 6 years ago '08        #74
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,104 | Props total: 23319 23319
people in the hood got $2000 cameras
 06-17-2011, 02:45 PM         #75
253xLonghair3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
u call us ******s and stupid then steal our dance moves and lyrics....thats the real problem
 6 years ago '07        #76
space
space
 YoungFly said:
i feel you, i think she still finding herself. unfortunately, because she making money off whoever she believes she is currently, will now force her to keep the gimmick up. although i hope its not a gimmick, she is from oakland, so i think 50% of all this is gimmick and 50% of it is who she actually is, she still young, so that can all change.
well said sir
 6 years ago '06        #77
hollyfield420 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$3,365 | Props total: 374 374
Can I pose a question to the black folks here? If black culture is so valuable to your communities why doesn't the black elite (Robert Johnson, Jay-Z, Oprah, sh*t even Obama) value it? Why wasn't there an uproar when true iconic figures (Nate Dogg, Kool Herc....who is actually doing much better) and historical landmarks (1520 Sedgwick Avenue) are left to die?

Hip Hop will always belong to the ones who live the true meaning of its culture... If you're scared that a skinny little jewish white girl is going to take "your" culture you're officially a bi*ch.
 6 years ago '06        #78
hollyfield420 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$3,365 | Props total: 374 374
You can't rely on a machine that runs on profit to provide you with valuable art, you gotta get off your bum a.ss and bring something new or show some appreciation to the real...
 6 years ago '04        #79
nublet 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,343 | Props total: 42 42
I'm gonna go make a thread about how Jay-Z, Kanye West and Swizz Beats are trying to appropriate white culture and see what happens...
 6 years ago '08        #80
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,245 | Props total: 385 385
This is America we are in, and its 2011. And if yall think this is bad, wait till the later future await for us. The only reason shes getting the hate treatment is cuz her rapping style sucks balls, and her content is played out. Her being white has nothing to do with it. Did Em, Pall Wall, Joe scudda, Yelawolf, Jake One and Bubba Sparks get hated on cuz they white? NOPE cuz those are actually dope MC's. If Kreayshawn rap about something positive or different style, then this thread wouldn't even exist.

And this is coming from a black person...
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
51 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now