Kreayshawn: Another Case of Appropriating Black Culture?

most viewed right now
 141
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 89
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 70
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
104 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 56
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #41
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
avatar space
space
$35,451 | Props total: 16219 16219
 YoungFly said:
how can you tell someone to "be herself" when you do not know them? I have a little white girl friend, not like dating, but just a friend. She DJ's, she fresh as hell, so true to hip-hop. People always asking her why she dress the way she does, but she authentic as hell, i think blacks are intimidated by how much swag she got i think, how many connection she got, and just how active on the scene she be. My friend is in no way trying to exploit black culture, she just has a keener eye for fly items and accessories that black people made popular. however, she dont use the n-word.
being a good judge of character..it holds true that some white girls do over do it..and I do not mean she is actin black, cause you can't act black...you can only be black ..your friend has obviously studied and became part of that culture rather than just a mockery of it
 6 years ago '10        #42
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8023 8023
this article is lame as sh*t
 6 years ago '06        #43
BCB 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$2,548 | Props total: 113 113
there are "Other races" who feel this way also.. Tell me have you ever been in class watching a history document, and something about race, or maybe the nword shows up, they will all turn around to see ur reaction, or ask u did u hear it? to make sure u react. #truestory blk ppl actin like it aint a thing is ight, but there are ppl who pick at it like "oooh you hear that man? she saying the nword!! what? u aint gon flip!? dang man!" lol
 6 years ago '10        #44
LORD PLISSKEN 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$21,017 | Props total: 8023 8023
 r.burgundy said:
em is a great white rapper cause he can actually rap,and he's not tryin to be somethin he isnt,which this bi*ch is.she's anotha geek from tha burbs who thinks its cool to act nggerish
n*gga do you know this bi*ch or her backround? no? ok well shut ya weak a.ss up then
 6 years ago '07        #45
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
avatar space
space
$35,451 | Props total: 16219 16219
 YoungFly said:
i do see many white guys as well as girls over doing it, acting too hard, but i also see blacks over doing that ghetto lifestyle too. No one says you gotta act extra ignorant when your black, theres not a set way for people to act. People take on stereotypes and make them their own because they want to. Some want to be the 'angry black man' because its intimidating, some act like 'sambo' because its white people friendly, and widely accepted. People use stereotypes to their own benefit, and when people see something outside of any stereotype, they fear it because they dont understand it.
right and 2 wrongs to not make a right ....but I can sense that she may not be exactly the kind of girl who grew up around that culture... I mean she grew up listenin to spice girls..now she is a rapper? And she has further seperated herself by making it a white black thing...cause if it was about girl power...white girl mob wouldn't be the name of her group..if she is some type of feminist as well why does she feel its fashionable to say she is a part time lesbian..In general she has just kind of made a hipocrit of herself..which to me says she is really confused about who she is..so she isn't really being herself..cause she still tryin to find who she is..based off my judge of character...and sure only god can judge her ultimately, but I aint feelin the hype..

edt: #inb4someonesaysthelabelwillmakeherchangethenameto girlmob ..lol
 6 years ago '10        #46
jmheight1 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$6,304 | Props total: 7671 7671
People will rightfully question if she is sincere, cause when info like She's Bruce Willis' niece (Not sure if true, but its being stated in many places) and that her mother is from some Band called the The Trashwomen. People are rightfully going to question if this is all an act.
 6 years ago '04        #47
ruff 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$26,645 | Props total: 2651 2651
Race threads are hysterical
 06-17-2011, 01:20 PM         #48
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Don't worry, she'll get r*ped (not literally, though). Someone is pimping her, everything comes with a fee, talent don't mean sh*t.
 6 years ago '07        #49
jack_napier 
space
avatar space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 53 53
she's gettin money. n*gga wrote an essay about hating. let the bi*ch shine- plenty of other folks do the same sh*t she doin.
 6 years ago '09        #50
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$36,273 | Props total: 19377 19377
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
people spend wayyyyyy too much time worried about this bi*ch
the bi*ch is a lame that not gonna be around for long
 6 years ago '10        #51
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$15,179 | Props total: 8249 8249
Writer sounds like a hater, how is this an exploration of "black culture" and artist like Jeezy, Game, and Lil wayne aren't? I did not see her celebrating kwanzaa or getting her hair permed in a black hair salon in this video, thats black culture. She lives in oakland and that's HER culture. I guess you gotta be a black woman to wear a haircut like that

Let that white girl cook
 6 years ago '05        #52
dizzle trizzle 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,148 | Props total: 2678 2678
 The N said:
I call it a mockery of the culture, we all know this young bi*ch ain't no real MC, nobody with a brain gives a fu*k about anything music related with her, if you are then you're doing it wrong. She is a Youtube video persona having her 15 mins not a music artist trying to help the hip hop culture.


I like these quotes here

It’s ironic how the White girl mimicking Black culture has been viewed as quirky, cute, and interesting in the past. But sisters who fashionably rock bamboo earrings, gold nameplate necklaces, and blonde streaked weaves, will inevitably be considered “ghetto” by society. It’s equally problematic that every female emcee post Queen Latifah and MC Lyte who has had massive mainstream success all had to sell s3x. Kreayshawn, on the other hand, is able to avoid an over s3xualized image because of her whiteness.


I don’t believe for one second her image is authentic. It is one derived of the stereotypical “sister girl” trope we’ve seen time and time again. Understand, I’m not arguing whether “sister girl” actually exists. I’m not even arguing that the “sister girl” is to be shunned. But Kreayshawn’s image, how she carries herself, her lyrics are all derivative of her very limited view of Black culture.
that qoute alone can close this thread...:dancingcool:
 6 years ago '10        #53
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$15,179 | Props total: 8249 8249
 YoungFly said:
i do see many white guys as well as girls over doing it, acting too hard, but i also see blacks over doing that ghetto lifestyle too. No one says you gotta act extra ignorant when your black, theres not a set way for people to act. People take on stereotypes and make them their own because they want to. Some want to be the 'angry black man' because its intimidating, some act like 'sambo' because its white people friendly, and widely accepted. People use stereotypes to their own benefit, and when people see something outside of any stereotype, they fear it because they dont understand it.
This^^^^

Half of these "thugs" are trying to fit in just like the white boys
 6 years ago '07        #54
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 Loxy Miracles said:
n*gga do you know this bi*ch or her backround? no? ok well shut ya weak a.ss up then
i know she from oakland and went to berkely film school
u mad white man?
 6 years ago '05        #55
Rubix 
space
avatar space
space
$8,495 | Props total: 828 828
i dont have a problem with white people in hip hop culture. there are a lot of white rappers i listen to and dont even think about their race like eminem, joe scudda, a bit of classified, etc...but when white people start dropping n bombs? nah motherfu*ker just because you can rhyme some words, doesnt mean you automatically get some sort of hood pass to use that word. the same sh*t applies for fat joe and celph titled..that sh*t is just..annoying.

as far as this ho goes, do your thing white girl..but i hope you fu*ken realize that your music fu*ken sucks. id rather listen to wack a.ss lady sovereign over this lack of talent ho.
 6 years ago '08        #56
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
avatar space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
everything will be alright once she goes on tour and gets her a.ss beat one good time
 6 years ago '11        #57
xrayvisionmedia 
space
avatar space
space
$366 | Props total: 14 14
All white people in America have done is steal black music, repackage it and sell it as a white creation.

Jazz
Rock and Roll
Country
Soul Music
and now rap.

This is what the article is about.
When will white Americans create their own music instead of waiting to see what blacks are creating so they can steal it?
Never
 06-17-2011, 01:43 PM         #58
Chopzilla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The N said:
I call it a mockery of the culture, we all know this young bi*ch ain't no real MC, nobody with a brain gives a fu*k about anything music related with her, if you are then you're doing it wrong. She is a Youtube video persona having her 15 mins not a music artist trying to help the hip hop culture.


I like these quotes here

It’s ironic how the White girl mimicking Black culture has been viewed as quirky, cute, and interesting in the past. But sisters who fashionably rock bamboo earrings, gold nameplate necklaces, and blonde streaked weaves, will inevitably be considered “ghetto” by society. It’s equally problematic that every female emcee post Queen Latifah and MC Lyte who has had massive mainstream success all had to sell s3x. Kreayshawn, on the other hand, is able to avoid an over s3xualized image because of her whiteness.


I don’t believe for one second her image is authentic. It is one derived of the stereotypical “sister girl” trope we’ve seen time and time again. Understand, I’m not arguing whether “sister girl” actually exists. I’m not even arguing that the “sister girl” is to be shunned. But Kreayshawn’s image, how she carries herself, her lyrics are all derivative of her very limited view of Black culture.
 06-17-2011, 01:44 PM         #59
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
she is...nothing wrong with white rappers that respect the craft like eminem and yelawolf...but rappers like kreaysean just imitate the negative aspects of urban black culture to make profit


i dont even fu*k with rap no more...the game is dead


Last edited by DrX; 06-17-2011 at 01:46 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #60
supervillain 244 heat pts244 OP
space
avatar space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
 YoungFly said:
how can you tell someone to "be herself" when you do not know them? I have a little white girl friend, not like dating, but just a friend. She DJ's, she fresh as hell, so true to hip-hop. People always asking her why she dress the way she does, but she authentic as hell, i think blacks are intimidated by how much swag she got i think, how many connection she got, and just how active on the scene she be. My friend is in no way trying to exploit black culture, she just has a keener eye for fly items and accessories that black people made popular. however, she dont use the n-word.
sounds alil bit like Kreayshawn to me ....
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 33
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 17
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
79 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
85 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 7
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 7
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy