Kreayshawn: Another Case of Appropriating Black Culture?

most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
22 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #21
supervillain 244 heat pts244 OP
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 JimDinO77 said:
i wrote a essay like this in high school about eminem when i was young and naive ..... when they write dumb sh*t like this, they are basically saying white people aren't allowed to share the culture or be influenced by black culture if they are surrounded by it.... they have to be white and do white things

her fanbase will probably grow rapidly, she'll be crowned the originator of that sound.... but that's the fans creation, if white people support their own to the point where she becomes a huge success, that's just another perk of being Caucasian .... her sh*t is trash, but I'm sure the n*gga who wrote this isn't buying lil' B's sh*t

"White rappers aren’t the problem. Exploitation of Black culture is."

is the point of the article..
 6 years ago '10        #22
theking1 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,236 | Props total: 11 11
 regularjoe said:
I can't stand this chick--but how is she not a real MC? You're being racist.
 6 years ago '04        #23
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,417 | Props total: 13083 13083
 r.burgundy said:
yall geeks got wax in yall ears???
nothin wrong wit her succedin as a rapper,its tha fact that she says n*gga more than paul mooney thats tha problem.a buncha lily white bi*ches callin themselves white girl mob,rappin and sayin n*gga all day

let me kno when a black artists starts singin rock songs callin whites honkys:smh
Her using the n-word pisses me off. But--that's not what I was talking about. I'm talking about her as an EMCEE. Maybe if me and you shot the fair one, I'd knock your fu*king head straight so you could see that.

And if black people are so upset--do something about her. Write, protest, etc, etc. I don't think too many people would be mad about it. BUT--on the flip said, there are tons of black people who don't give a fu*k about her saying the N-word. It's funny to me though... just in the terms of race (not the words that are used). I can't stand different races being able to dish it out--but can't take it. (Different topic for a different day though).

There's actually a part of me glad she's saying it--maybe it will take some strength out of that word. Eventually people who were slaves will be gone, and eventually people who were racially discriminated against will be gone... and by the time that happens years upon years upon years from now... maybe that word is gone from the language, or doesn't keep the sick, sad, disturbing images that were attached to it. Wishful thinking on my part though.
 6 years ago '04        #24
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,417 | Props total: 13083 13083
 theking1 said:
Once again, since many people on BX love to ignore what someone is saying. Instead they'll take what they want and run with it.

I don't like this chick. I don't like her using the n-word. I don't like her music. BUT... to say shes not an emcee is ridiculous. Why isn't she an emcee? I could EASILY give you 40-50 lines of artists we ALL LIKE, saying dumber sh*t than her.
 6 years ago '05        #25
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 26 26
 kingkolby said:
isnt it all human culture.
that was deep sh*t right there
 6 years ago '08        #26
knowledge82 3 heat pts
space
space
$506 | Props total: 14 14
im in the middle on the n word. there are people such as her who have grown up around black folk and is part of her daily vocab. the n word is such a touchy subject i dont think anyone should be crucified or saluted for using it. its a weird one. plus.... where are all these people who claim to be offended by the n word when a million rappers use it in a million songs?
 6 years ago '05        #27
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,098 | Props total: 4231 4231
 Mathematic said:

"White rappers aren’t the problem. Exploitation of Black culture is."

is the point of the article..
how is it exploitation though?...... I keep thinking of Malibu's Most Wanted for some reason.... its like, even if the bi*ch has no hood background, if she came from a rich family, why can't she participate in a culture she admires (she clearly admires it because most of her film work is of the hip-hop genre)? and the article revolves around nothing because they don't know her background....

and black people seem to only do this to whites...... we supported Jin, Big Pun, etc.... no one was mad @ the Jabawokees or U-min for breakdancing and pop locking... but let some white people do some black sh*t and we're ready to bring up the minstrel shows and elvis stealing rock and roll.... sh*ts getting old
 6 years ago '07        #28
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,414 | Props total: 16133 16133
 kingkolby said:
yes, but unfortunately we live in "western" society which began by seperating europeans..from all other cultures
 6 years ago '07        #29
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,414 | Props total: 16133 16133
 j3rz said:
man i dont give a fu*k about all that sh*t bruh im just waiting on a s3xtape
... this isht i dying slowly you can tell
 6 years ago '04        #30
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,474 | Props total: 6058 6058
can we please stop worrying bout what another human doing and writing essays on it
 6 years ago '08        #31
knowledge82 3 heat pts
space
space
$506 | Props total: 14 14
 JimDinO77 said:
how is it exploitation though?...... I keep thinking of Malibu's Most Wanted for some reason.... its like, even if the bi*ch has no hood background, if she came from a rich family, why can't she participate in a culture she admires (she clearly admires it because most of her film work is of the hip-hop genre)? and the article revolves around nothing because they don't know her background....

and black people seem to only do this to whites...... we supported Jin, Big Pun, etc.... no one was mad @ the Jabawokees or U-min for breakdancing and pop locking... but let some white people do some black sh*t and we're ready to bring up the minstrel shows and elvis stealing rock and roll.... sh*ts getting old
well put. plus we as black folk seem to think its alright to collab with a white rock or dance artist in order to exploit their fanbase/culture when it suits us. c'mon sons
 6 years ago '04        #32
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
I'm not even white but this reverse racism crap is getting outta hand, I dont think this chick is trying to act "black", there are plenty of white girls out there who are way more deserving of the title, I can't remember the last time I've seen a black girl dressed like her. She's more apart of the hipster movement than anything but even that label isn't totally fitting. The chick only has ONE song out that's big and it's about anti-materialism, last time I checked Hip-Hop was a hugely materialistic culture in SOME aspects, so doesn't that mean she's going against the grain?? Saying any culture belongs to one race and should be exclusionary is RACIST. We dont call black ppl culture stealers if they try to salsa, or play basketball, or eat with chopsticks, all these were created by other races but it's a big deal when other races try to do something "black".

I dont see how she's exploiting black culture when there's been blatant coonery in hip hop for YEARS and everyone was still dancing to that shyt in the club but when a white girl does it it's a problem? PPl are mad she's getting a pass to do things artists of other races get ridiculed for? How the phuck is that her fault/problem??? Why dont we get on the ppl who set the double standard ??? Not attack some girl who has the right do wuteva she wants. Trying to make her a scapegoat for all the racial discrimination that happened before her is wack, ignorant, and most of all racist in itself.

The article is hypocritical because the whole time they bash her for "ignorant, non-substance, shallow, stereotypical music" but then she's exploiting black culture at the same time?? So we're automatically a.ssociating black culture with what they feel is "crappy" music ??? How they make a huge conclusion off one song confuses me, she hasn't even dropped an album yet but we are already labeling her a "culture stealer" off a song about anti-materialism??? White ppl didn't bi*ch when black and hispanic artists were doing things considered "white" so nah she's not a culture stealer cuz nobody "owns" a culture, if you know your history you would know that EVERY culture has borrowed from another, certain bitter ppl are just trying to be culture hoarders.

Last edited by psylence2k; 06-17-2011 at 12:08 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #33
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,840 | Props total: 4823 4823
 regularjoe said:
Her using the n-word pisses me off. But--that's not what I was talking about. I'm talking about her as an EMCEE. Maybe if me and you shot the fair one, I'd knock your fu*king head straight so you could see that.

And if black people are so upset--do something about her. Write, protest, etc, etc. I don't think too many people would be mad about it. BUT--on the flip said, there are tons of black people who don't give a fu*k about her saying the N-word. It's funny to me though... just in the terms of race (not the words that are used). I can't stand different races being able to dish it out--but can't take it. (Different topic for a different day though).

There's actually a part of me glad she's saying it--maybe it will take some strength out of that word. Eventually people who were slaves will be gone, and eventually people who were racially discriminated against will be gone... and by the time that happens years upon years upon years from now... maybe that word is gone from the language, or doesn't keep the sick, sad, disturbing images that were attached to it. Wishful thinking on my part though.
tha article isnt talkin about her as an emcee its talkin about her exploitin tha culture.em is a great white rapper cause he can actually rap,and he's not tryin to be somethin he isnt,which this bi*ch is.she's anotha geek from tha burbs who thinks its cool to act nggerish

you'll be tha same dude that when 40 glock robs this bi*ch and goes upside her head,gonna be talkin about how black people need to grow up

there is np takin strenght out a word.words hav meanin for a reason.and this lily white bi*ch will hav lily white girls thinkin this sh*t is cool
 6 years ago '07        #34
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,840 | Props total: 4823 4823
 JimDinO77 said:

if whites are gonna do black sh*t,then they should leave words like n*gga out they vocabulary.simple
 6 years ago '04        #35
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,427 | Props total: 6458 6458
from what i seen in my lifetime if you hang around with a bunch of n*ggas that say that word all the time its bound to end up in your vocabulary. black people need to stop thinking that word is cool to begin with.

sidenote:
we do have black people bleaching their skin.making their hair blonde trying to be like marlyn monroe
 6 years ago '05        #36
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
idk if you dealt with white girls who "act black" but it is the worst. it's like they get wet off all the negative stereotypes of the black community. it's sad cause these bi*ches be from the suburbs and they will go on and on about how they only want "thugs". I heard a white bi*ch say she wants a dude who will shoot somebody and sells drugs. to me this article was not her just being white but her reinforcing the stereotype all over again. all she raps about is choppas, smokin and sellin drugs. why can't she just be herself nstead of faking? and what makes it even worse is a fat jewish guy wrote it. it's disgusting.
 06-17-2011, 12:33 PM         #37
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kingkolby said:
This! Black people are the only ones still worried about race now a days, its like our social crutch or something... sad man.
 6 years ago '05        #38
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
 80sbabyent said:
This! Black people are the only ones still worried about race now a days, its like our social crutch or something... sad man.
stormfront.org
 6 years ago '11        #39
DB30 10 heat pts10
space
space
$1,717 | Props total: 166 166
OK for the record V-nasty is the one who says n*gga all the time not Kreayshawn. Do some fu*king research before you run your mouth.
 6 years ago '06        #40
BCB 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,548 | Props total: 113 113
its like if u think its ghetto, when blacks put that "image" on, dont praise a person of another race for doing it, like its "cool, different".. its just another race using that negative "image" lol that whole article is like a chapter book, cause there are so many issues w/ whats goin on. and KRE said she don't say the nword. *i havent listened to her stuff besides the stuff on bx* she said Vnasty does. so what the writer talking about? i honestly take it as a mockery. Plus, if you are around someone whom u dont want them to pick up on your bad habits.... DON'T DO IT IN FRONT OF THEM, OR NOT AT ALL! *the growin up w/ nword n vocab*

Last edited by BCB; 06-17-2011 at 12:41 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
87 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy